301 N. Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.viaalloro.com/
- Phone: 3102752900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomo Pettinari
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Multiple Flat Screen TV
A word from Via Alloro
Guests dining in Beverly Hills enjoy sitting outside and Via Alloro is the place for them. This is the first restaurant in the area to offer more than 100 patio seats, which wrap around the building so you can see and be seen! Guests at Giacomino’s and Tanino’s restaurants include actors, actresses, politicians, sports stars, business people, neighbors and tourists…they have so many regular guests and everyone is treated like family! Outside seating at Via Alloro has a different atmosphere in each area too and inside there are 34 seats with an additional 20 seats in the lounge. Speaking about the lounge, from 7 flat screen TVs guests will be able to watch sports all the time from basketball, baseball, ice hockey, American and European Football. You will also be able to eat at the bar for lunch and dinner too.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Via Alloro reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (9)hot spot (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Had a great time!LizaJoonVIPDined on 9/4/2014This a great place to with friends. Not loud and you can hear each other. The food is very yummy. You just need to know what to order. Must order the pizza and the hart of palm salad...so yummy. Then you must get the Bronzino grilled! And the chocolate lava cake is amazing too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenAnneDined on 9/1/2014Lobster risotto left something to be desired. All (small) claw meat that had that unmistakeable taste and texture of being freshly defrosted. Peas were raw when the should have been tender.Special Features:
- celediningDined on 8/21/2014For this type of restaurant and prices on the menu - the restaurant can loose the TV's on the walls. It seemed like we were in a sports bar vs. Fine dining restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belo restauranteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Gostoso e agradável! Pratos com preço justo! Boa carta de vinhos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased in every respect...AwinrmVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to all of the Drago brothers restaurants in L.A. And wanted to try this one. Well, I think this one might be our favorite. Extensive menu, great tasting authentic Italian food....wonderful service. Most of the tables are outside and great for people-watching...in the heart of Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014Awesome authentic Italian restaurant!!! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- service was horriblehthrob1Dined on 8/10/2014My server didn't introduce himself and he slammed the bill on the table and charged us incorrectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The personalized service was extraordinary----much more than expected.
- Love this place!MontageLagunaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food is excellent, waiters are a bit strange - the good one said he was a trainee ( he was the best waiter ever actually), but the strange one was ... kinda annoying.. he kept asking us "how we are doing?" and before we even could say something he answered for us " Fantastic"! Then he laughed loudly... and forgot to bring anything that we were asking for. Thank God for trainee! But the food is simply perfect, the atmosphere is romantic and ...the whole place is just great.Special Features:
- service.... serviceRegulardiner123VIPDined on 7/20/2014We are a regular at this restaurant and we really enjoy our frequent dinners here. Last couple of time we got the same waiter and he is not the most efficient and pleasent person. He is very argumentive and sarcastic constantly. I thought he just had a bad day when we were last time but this time he was even ruder than the first time!! We will continue going back to Via Alloro just to make sure we do not sit at this waiter's area. Third time is really not a charmat this case!Special Features:
- Excellent for business meetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The waiter was very attentive to our needs and was not to pushy in bothering us. The recommendations by the Mgr. and waiter were perfect, not to much food for a dinner meeting. They were excellent in there approach. Food was very tasty, not overly spicy , the pizza is excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014We went there on a business dinner and the food was excellent. I had the burata appetizer and and the seafood pasta as an entree was delicious. We wanted to sit in the front outdoor patio section but was only able to get a table in the back indoor patio. The service was very good, just a little slow, but that was fine as we were having good business discussions. I highly recommend this place as with all Drago owned restaurants, you can't go wrong for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor eatinglovetoeatoutVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a nice dinner and loved the outdoor seating . It was a lovely setting and not too noisy . Food was great . The only negative was the service . From the hostess to the waiter each person seemed very unfriendly . Our waiter was too rushed to take the time to help with menu questions and the wait for food was very long .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely. Much to likeMarkDined on 6/20/2014Comfortable, delicious, easy to enjoy, get to, and easy on the wallet. Lovely place opening onto the corner of Canon and Dayton in the heart of the Beverly Hills Golden Triangle. Staffed with gracious, attractive Italians. My salmon was perfect, richly flavored, served on a bed of spinach opposite some diced sun dried tomato in olive oil. The house cabernet sauvignon wasn't as full and oaky as I had assumed it would be, so I should have ordered more carefully. Table was tiny, therefore intimate. -- Mark AltobelliSpecial Features:
- Great location and great foodCourtyDined on 6/16/2014Excellent location in Beverly Hills - sit outside on terrace and people watch, also spot the supercars! Food is highly rated Italian, enjoyed grilled octopus and risotto and gambas.Salad a liitle on the ordinary side but good quality. Service very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1officediva2VIPDined on 6/15/2014It was Father's Day so the place was mobbed. Madeo took wonderful care of us, even though we were a group of 12. We were seated in the garden which was absolutely lovely. Good food, good wine, and good service. A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs ImprovementFussyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Via Alloro can be a very enjoyable restaurant, if it is not very busy, we have had many pleasant meals there, when the restaurant has not been overcrowded. In our most recent visit however, we were less than pleased. Service was very slow, and the kitchen was overwhelmed by the crowd. As a result it took a 30 minutes wait between the appetizer and the main course, and what was supposed to be a grilled baby octopus salad turned out to be a half cooked, large, and tough octopus on the plate. Drago brothers are great chefs, they have raised the culinary level of the Italian dining in LA, I hope they pay closer attention to the details when the restaurant is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and RelaxingGeomVIPDined on 6/14/2014I always enjoy Via Alloro - the food is consistently great, service is top notch and you can sit outside until midnight. Its never busy and I can't understand why - though it is a little expensive, its in the center of Beverly Hills with many restaurants comparable in price. The only negative I would say is they had a live outdoor singer with a keyboard and I felt like I was at a bad bat mitzvah. It was much too loud and not very modern - I would definitely say something more low key would be a better fit. However I will definitely be back! And they're even pet friendly.Special Features:
- Mediocre food at bestLaurenfromLAVIPDined on 6/14/2014I had a soup that was extremely bland and watery and a pasta that was pretty greasy. I wouldn't go back again. It is not up to par with the other Drago restaurants.
- BancroftJSJamesBDined on 6/13/2014Big expat clientele. Great place to watch the World Cup. Lots of energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian GemFrenchyfoodieDined on 6/11/2014Lovely atmosphere that makes you feel like you are on a piazza in Italy.Special Features:
- The Missing Porcini!17foodfreakVIPDined on 5/26/2014The wine was fine, the salad was fine, the service was fine. But those weren't porcini mushrooms in the linguini with porcini! Although I think they were mushrooms, they were mushy and tasteless, even though the linguini had a nice flavor. I love porcini mushrooms (and the reason I ordered the dish), but these weren't it! The tiramisu was fabulous -- the best we ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Via Alloro reviews archive.
- Luch with Co-WorkersBigEdDined on 4/24/2014I took a couple of the managers that work for me and our two Administrative Assistants to lunch for Administratve Professionals day. Via Alloro has significant outdoor seating so we chose to eat outside. It is a great place to people watch, have a nice lunch on a beautiful Beverly Hills day. I had the Bonzino, which is sea bass. I have to say while I have eaten here many times, the Bonzino was not great for the $32.00 I spent on it! It was just average. Not very flavorful. My co-workers all had different dishes and all loved their food. I would deffinately return, but probably not have the sea bass next time. Also the waiter could have been a little bit more attentive. We actually had to ask him for drinks! All in all a good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not "just ok".............. PerfectrudyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Loved this place. Priced right, authentic Italian dishes and ingredients,fantastic wines,huge menu,classic Italianesque setting. No criticisms. PERFECT. Anybody who is saying,"just ok" does not understand Italian food or is impossible to please. Simple, fresh, unadulterated cuisine..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient, no frills italian placeDinnersaurusDined on 4/11/2014Via Alloro is an OK place where food service are always OK, but never special or unique. It is an upscale El Fornaio, a clone of other celestino drago places. It is a safe bet when you're not sure where to go. No surprises either good or bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2014Not over the top just very good food and service. A definite 4 Star restaurant.Special Features:
- Wow!Kat1Dined on 3/9/2014Boy, was I impressed with Via Alloro. We were there celebrating my birthday, and none of my friends and I had ever been there. The service was great. We sat inside and it was really pretty. Our waiter was very attentive and precise. Everyone was very happy with their order. The bread was delish. We ordered a margarita pizza to share as an appetizer. Yum! The fettucini boscaiola was out of this world. My friend got the calamare salad and loved it, and another got the tagliatele porcini which was also a hit! The desserts were UNBELIEVABLE!. The pistachio molton cake was heaven in my mouth, and we got a special dessert they had called Amaretto Mascarpone. OMG! Excellent job Via Alloro...you just made 5 teachers extremely happy. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Alloro A Gem!AndreaDined on 3/8/2014I would totally recommend this restaurant. It is located in Beverly HIlls, but it is reasonably priced. The food is delicious, the ambiance even better, and there is even some music on the weekends. It is also a nice family place. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeEWWWWWWDined on 3/8/2014I absolutely love their food! Everything is spot on and Tanino is wonderful. My experience with our waiter was different than most visits, he was a little pushy and added items to our bill we didn't order. We did have a party of 6 and he took the liberty of adding 20% not 15% to the bill. I can't say enough about the food and the Papa Drago wine, it is my all time favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villa full-a-touristsdboyluckyVIPDined on 2/25/2014Well what can I say, another Italian restaurant, pizza=ok, bread=fair, salad=average. Tourist trap=definitely. Kind of a bore.... In fact I'm so bored writing about this restaurant that ill stop here.... don't waste your time unless you are bored!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a very off-handed welcome17foodfreakVIPDined on 2/22/2014After a very off-handed welcome by the hostess, we were seated at a choice outdoor table on the less noisy side of the restaurant! The food and service were excellent. The waiter and bus boys were very attentive, and we shared a delicious lunch and pleasant service. Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!Special Features:
- Looks can be deceivingLagunticDined on 2/16/2014Over zealous loud waiter overpriced wine food mediocre,beware of outside dinning if you can afford to pay the homeless
- Great Valentines DinnerChantelDined on 2/14/2014My Bf and I went here for Valentines and loved it. We both ordered the pumpkin ravioli (which was a special that night) and it was to die for. The ambiance was very lovely! Thanks!Special Features:
- Good Food - Sub par ServiceJackVIPDined on 2/13/2014Food was excellent. Service was quite slow which was a bit disappointing given there were only a few other tables at the time we were dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva Via AlloroBubblesDined on 2/9/2014On our fourth visit to Via Alloro, we had dinner inside the lovely dining room. The food and service was wonderful, and this restaurant is now a family favorite. We will have dinner at Via Alloro several times this year.Special Features:
- SorprendentejadiagaurangDined on 2/8/2014Great Food and very friendly staff. I am vegetarian and could not figure out what I wanted to eat. So, my food-server helped me get Pasta Combo with three different pastas. It was amazing and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant ever!yannaDined on 2/8/2014They never answer the phone, no valet parking, restaurant name not visible, dinner is less than an appetizer in a restaurant. Very unsafe ; they are next to a stip club and you can't see their sign from the street, they don't answer the phone to help out. This was the most horrible customer service experience. And the food, that's something else altogether: For $65 per person, we had 6 bites of food, even if each bite was tasty, this should not be called dinner.
- Wine theviesJohnyDined on 2/6/2014I order some great wine by the ounce and found out the waiter gave me a cheaper wine and charge me the higher price, that a mortal sin. thats very low for a restaurant to do. I don't want anything to with a place like that. to top it off my chicken dinner was cut very thin like a piece of veal would be cut , this place scams to much .. whats really bad about this that this family owns other high end place in the area.
- This was the third or fourthOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/3/2014This was the third or fourth time that Via Alloro failed to make note of my arrival and report it to Open Table, even though, after being seated, I asked my waiter to be sure that my arrival had been noted in their computer because, as I told him, "The hostess does not appear to be the brightest person on the planet." In spite of this, my presence was not recorded, and I had to prove to Open Table that I had, indeed, dined at Via Alloro. Something is wrong with their check-in procedure! Robert HermanI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday LunchJustineDined on 1/25/2014We had a great table right by the outdoor fountain. From the hostess to our servers the customer service was amazing. We met new friends and stayed for 4 hours. The food was delicious and I did not care for first bottle of wine so they opened a different one no problem. My girlfriend was in from out of town and they did not mind taking quite a few pictures of us until we got the perfect one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.