9077 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sbe.com/vetro
- Phone: 3108598369
- Hours of Operation:
Daily from 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Danny Elmaleh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: sbe Catering offers Vetro's market Italian-inspired cuisine by Chef Danny Elmaleh at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Vetro. Vetro accommodates up to 200 guests with design by Mark Zeff, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by Chef Danny Elmaleh, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails.
- Private Party Contact: sbe Events + Catering 8778784304
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Vetro. Vetro accommodates up to 200 guests with on-site and off-site catering, design by Mark Zeff, custom menus by Chef Danny Elmaleh, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from Vetro
Vetro is a vibrant Italian eatery where friends and families enjoy seasonal shared plates, fresh cocktails, and a unique selection of affordable wines. The space showcases a collection of open bars and kitchens that feature Chef Danny Elmaleh's handmade pastas, flavorful vegetable dishes, and homemade pizzas straight from the wood-burning oven. Whether you come to the bar for Ciao Hour or stop by for dinner, Vetro's welcoming, casual setting embodies the spirit of its West Hollywood neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vetro reviews from OpenTable diners
- so sorry to hear they're closinglk5896Dined on 10/27/2013so sorry to hear they're closing. i ate there for the first time 2 weeks ago and have been there a total of three. I think SBE should reconsider closing this gem. a little promotion on its existence might help its success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian MarvelkiddidocDined on 10/11/2013I had been hearing rave reviews about this Italian "tapas" place. Delicious variety in small portions so you can try various things. The ambiance was suppose to be sooo nice. Well... it was all that and then some. The service... does not miss or skip a beat. Just perfect. Pleasant, attentive, just down right great. The food... we tried 8 different plates and it just kept getting better and better. The flavor in each bite made be stop to savor the moment. We had some amazing wine that just catapulted the experience.Special Features:
- Reservation Glitch and still amazinGarrettDined on 10/11/2013There was an issue with Open Table and their receiving my reservation on their end. On homecoming weekend at 745 on a Friday night they still made it happen for my wife and I. We love this place and the food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.YummyVIPDined on 10/4/2013Come to Vetro all the time. Consistently good with great servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was spectacular...BrennanCVIPDined on 9/27/2013I'm from southern Louisiana and I can tell you - it takes quite a bit to "impress" me when it comes to the topic of food. The food at Veto was absolutely spectacular. The scallops were the best I have ever consumed...hands down. The drinks were only "so-so", but the quality and flavor of the meal more than made up for that. Prices were extremely reasonable as well. Highly reccomemded!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Vetro - not the last.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2013We booked for 7:30 on Friday, and were a bit surprised to find the restaurant not very busy. But as the evening progressed, the restaurant and bar filled up nicely. So it is safe to say this place gets going a bit later than some other WEHO restaurants. Menu was interesting and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always, always, always fantastic!BonnieVIPDined on 9/25/2013One of my fav restaurants! Food is always xlnt and the staff at all levels very friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Besides the food being amazingGabrie8Dined on 9/20/2013Besides the food being amazing the staff was on top of their game. Our drinks were never empty and empty plates were removed immediately. We ordered a desert to share and they brought us a platter with three of their best deserts complimentary for our anniversary and the manager made sure to come by each table before the customers left. We were beyond pleased with the food, service and surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place6ftmamaDined on 8/27/2013This is the ideal spot to dine before you go next door for a show at the Troubadour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal before concertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2013Had a great meal here before going to a show next door at the Troubadour. Food was excellent! Every dish our server recommended was delicious. From the fish to the great donuts at the end. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeAnetaSDined on 8/24/2013The ambiance is very hipster, like a nice bar/restaurant. This is definitely a fun place to come out if you don't do the club scene - it's a great substitute. I wanted the food to be good - and we were all disappointed. The food is sub-par, mediocre at best. But the service is very attentive and our waitress was a sweetheart.Special Features:
- Fresh, Flavorful and InterestingScottVIPDined on 8/24/2013I was pleasantly surprised by the progression of the food we had and felt like the meal was fresh, well thought out and each dish was prepared and delivered at the perfect time and sequence. I'd recommend this place (and am also a fan of Cleo) Both are way too loud for me as I don't hear very well, but if they were quiet, I suppose they wouldn't be as "cool"...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, drinks, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013The food, drinks, and service were amazing. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurant and barChengVIPDined on 8/5/2013Everything is beautiful here, from its patrons to the decor. It may not look like an elegent place from outside, but you'll love it the second you walk in. Let their super-friendly bartenders help you choose what to order if you sit at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMayaDined on 8/1/2013Very creative menu, we order lots of food for a party if six all was absolutely delicious and so specials , The only down part was the dessert menu really didn't match up to the food,we love love love to finish a great dinner with dessert But next time I will skip dessert in that Resturant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2013Without a doubt the food and cocktails are exceptional. Each time I've been here I've enjoyed it more and more. I'll definitely return very soon. The food is scrumptious and portion size is just right. Oh yeah, the blood-orange martini is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small plates, high pricekiruDined on 7/26/2013Special occasion. We went there being very excited. We made a reservation for 930 for 2. They sat us right by the waiters station, not ok. We waited for a table another table for 2. Meanwhile they tried to sit a walk in for 2 at the same table and they refused. Then a table for 2 opened up and they sat the walk in before us. Kinda rude. We finally sat down. Orderered drinks which took forever and then food. The food came out in very small portions almost like tapas which we were not aware of. Everything was very tasty but we wanted more of it. The service was ok, but it was a strange dining experience.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013Very low key not so "LA" vibe...perfect. Food was amazing so many different flavored and because it is Tapas style I was able to try so many of them.
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2013This was one of the best Tapas meal if not THE BEST Tapas meal I have had in years. The Hen of the Woods mushrooms are the best thing I ever ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & even better food!CalfanDined on 7/20/2013Planned a birthday dinner for a friend at Mercato di Vetro on a Saturday night. We had a group of 12, so they gave us the private dining room which was great! A nicely decorated private room to ourselves. I was also impressed that the restaurant called to confirm my reservation and the staff was very helpful when I arrived at the restaurant. It was Dine LA week, so many of us had their three-course meal for $25, which has unbelievably tasty options! Everyone really enjoyed their drinks and dishes. Only issue would be the timing of when the dishes came out of the kitchen. They have three kitchens and dishes came out in no apparent order, but we had three dishes that came out 30-45 minutes later than the rest. But I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Matthew8Dined on 7/14/2013Welcomed warmly at the door, great food, personable bartender, lots of vegetarian options. Will most definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Continue to be impressedDiscoveryInLADined on 7/13/2013I've been here a few times over the past couple of years and I continue to be impressed. It seems like a place that would be snooty and have a lot of attitude, but that has never been my experience. The food is delicious, the specialty cocktails are unique (the gin, st. germain and red wine drink was amazing), and the service is really friendly. I highly highly recommend the hamachi. We got one order to share for 4 and it was so good we got 2 more orders!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude Hostess and sub par foodEmsyVIPDined on 7/6/2013I had high expectations for eating here as I frequently eat at their sister restaurant Cleo's how ever the food was no way near the calibre of the food there. The prosciutto plate + Branzino dish was delicious how ever the other plates were drowned in liquid smoke of garlic. The hostess was extremely rude, when we inquired to be seated at a different tavle due to the table we were seated at was poorly positioned she informed us it was being turned into a larger table later. If that was in fact valid we would have accepted it but within 10 minutes she seated a table of 3 on the table we desired. Our waiter was great, he took off a dish from our check as we informed him we did not enjoy it. Tried it, tasted it, will not be returning!!
- Too many flavorsNot2ImpressedDined on 7/6/2013This place had been recommended by a few people I trust. But honestly, the dishes are overcomplicated and heavy. There was a lot of garlic and sauce on everything. I had an upset stomach afterwards. I prefer simple and fresh. This was not that.
- Stop the small plate scamWehohodgeVIPDined on 7/3/2013Food was excellent, but I don't have one friend who doesn't feel ripped off with small plates. We ate at the palms last week which is by far more expensive but the perceived value of the food and portion size of what we ordered made our group feel as if it was money well spent. If this place went back to full service and not the "we have three kitchens and things come out at anytime" excuse we would return. Also way to bright to be romantic.Special Features:
- Friday nightLuv2eatDined on 6/28/2013First time for dinner requested 2 nd floor which was the spot to br. The food was fantastic every order was better than the next. Service was also great waiter was attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2013The menu is decent and the people were very nice including being attentive. Although the menu in the main looked better I believe we should have stuck with the bar menu which was less and had options that seemed better than main.Special Features:
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013I wont go on and on with every detail. My friend and I discussed the experience at length and decided everything we ordered was good, but nothing was great. Between us we ordered 6 plates and 2 signature drinks, and the best thing we ate was the focaccia. The service was very friendly, so there isn't much to gripe about, but no real draw to return either.
- Great food...great ambiance...greatsamyVIPDined on 6/17/2013Great food...great ambiance...great service! TrifectaI would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks good, food not soveterandinerDined on 6/15/2013Upstairs is better than downstairs. Downstairs feels like a 60's diner and there was a slight stale fragrance in the air. The menu was exciting, but the food we choose was uneven. The Burrata toast appetizer was great, but my artichoke pizza crust was soggy. The ricotta raviolo was not very good. The waiter seemed impatient and rude. His crumpled shirt looked like he slept in it.Special Features:
- YumAsheroooooooVIPDined on 6/15/2013I love the hen of the woods mushroom dish but I want more of the fabulous sauce. The artichokes with labneh are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/11/2013Stopped by for the new ciao time happy hour. My friend and I both loved it..... tried one of everything on the menu. Nothing disappointed us... BUT we both love oysters. If you're not a mollusk fan there really isn't much else. I'll definitely go back to try the regular dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very disappointed withyumyumVIPDined on 6/10/2013I was very disappointed with the food. We had to wait around for our server a lot and it wasn't that busy until we left. He didn't tell us one of the dishes was really spicy. I like spicy but I simply took a few bites and couldn't eat the rest. The blackberry bacon pizza was good but the blackberries kept rolling off the pizza because the crust was paper thin. I was very disappointed overall.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavencatwaldDined on 6/9/2013The best meal I've had in a long time. Friendly, top notch service. Well priced for such culinary perfection and chic, but casual atmosphere. Try the mushroom pizza and anything with Buratta cheese, it was the tastiest Buratta that I've ever been served.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodLand4SdDined on 6/8/2013The food is excellent everything that we ordered was well made and delicious. The plates are made to share with your group which was good because we were able to taste different things from the menu. Some plates I wish were larger but I guess it was because they were so good and I had to share. The drinks were also very good and they have a big selection on drinks and wines. We also had dessert and the chocolate bar included a scoop of Cardamon gelato it was amazing. Our waitress was very helpful and helped us choose our meal, she gave us woderful suggestions. It was our first visit to this restaurant but we plan to return and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So deliciousMolliemogoVIPDined on 6/6/2013Nearly every plate we ordered was both great for sharing AND super tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of my NYC TripKellyGaleDined on 6/2/2013Locada Verde was the highlight of my last NYC trip. The food and service were outstanding and almost helped me forget about the torrential downpour of rain. I've raved about this establishment to many friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013Food selection was great, very tasty, creative. Great service. A bit noisy, but ambience is "hip" and fun.Special Features:
- Excellent food, lots of vegetableslive2dineVIPDined on 5/26/2013I was quite pleased with my meal at Mercato di Vetro. The branzino and the stuffed squash blossoms were both excellent. The raviolo was good, but less elegant and polished than the rest of the meal. The doughnut hole dessert was perfect. There's a wonderful Verminto on the wine list. Inexpensive but excellent.Special Features:
- Italian Tapas!twebbmdVIPDined on 5/25/2013Excellent small-plates menu, much like a Spanish tapas restaurant. A little noisy, but acitve with a lot of energy. Service was good, and an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.