Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
164-49 Cross Bay Blvd
Howard Beach, NY 11414Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vetronyc.com/
- Phone: 7188438387x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch / Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:00pm
Sunday Dinner 3:00-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael DeGeorgio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have two spacious rooms to accommodate up to 100 of your guests, Please call to speak to a banquet consultant. Each event is customized to the guests specific needs and requests.
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday
Please visit our website for details.
A word from Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
Vetro is guaranteed to change the landscape of fine dining. From exquisite cuisine, expansive wine cellar, private roof top cocktail lounge and exemplary service. Vetro expands Russo's fine culinary tradition into an elegant restaurant completely distinct from your private occasion. Restaurant, Dine in wine cellar, special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay - Best Restaurants in Howard Beach ›
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (52)scenic view (41)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (21)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary..the food is amazing; Brian is top notch !! Ricardo was such a pleasure, very attentive. Each and every time we are there, it's better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Howard Beach hidden secretNYCEATERDined on 10/10/2014Definitely a repeat visit. Can't wait until the roof top opens again!!!Special Features:
- good food but extremely long waitsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The food was good. But it took them 1hr to bring us our main course and so we decided to just bring it home. The desserts were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Returned back for the second time in one week. This time it was for their classy and affordable brunch!! I came with a group of 7 people and everyone was raving about the food and service. My only problem is which is better, dinner or brunch? Either way, you can't go wrong!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !blynnDined on 10/4/2014Overall had a great time. Food was very good. Service was on spot. Very friendly. Nice date night. Can be expensive depending on your budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary and it was delightful. From the minute we walked in, till the minute we left, we felt like royalty. Great food, great service and superb management. I will be going back soon!!!Special Features:
- Boss LadyBossLadyDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful place, Great Ambiance, cleanliness, friendliness, service was top shelfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining DelightRachaelDined on 9/27/2014From the minute we walked in Vetro we were treated with the highest regard. The staff, the service and the food is incredible. Vetro is our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely EveningpositivethinkerDined on 9/27/2014Food is tasty, service is amazing, price is reasonable, atmosphere lovelySpecial Features:
- Great food great placebrickt3kDined on 9/19/2014The food was great so was the service highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsomefmirabellaDined on 9/16/2014We had a waiter named Alan and he was great he was on top of things. the food was also good, overall a great experience.Special Features:
- An excellent experienceoutstandingDined on 9/14/2014Everything about Vetro is outstanding. The food is always delicious and the service seems to be better and better. It's decorated with great taste......We always have a wonderful experience there and highly recommend it to our family and friends especially for a special occasion....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY BELATED GIFTBKDINE830Dined on 9/13/2014The appetizers, drinks and dinner was excellent. Our server Alex was very attentive and very informative about the dinner specials. I would definitely go back to Vetro by Russo on the Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGPeggyVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our second time dining here. We took friends for dinner and Vetro's did not disappoint!! We had a few cocktails in the lounge area then sat for a wonderful meal. We were not rushed out all, the service was wonderful, attentive but not to the point of it being annoying. Our friends cannot wait to return! My only disappointment (which has nothing to do with Vetro), is that mother nature did not cooperate, it was raining so the rooftop bar was closed. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceHarborEdDined on 9/13/2014Nice place for an evening dinner for 2 or more. The service from the valet to the wait staff was unparalleled. The wines list was extensive but pricey. The menu was a nice mixed to please mot pallets with prices that are reasonable. The decor was very nice and lighting was moderate. The one issue I had was that the tables were a bit close. The dining room was on the smaller size. A nice place for dinner but too close for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise find close to homeantybeeDined on 9/13/2014I was looking for a place to have a party next year and came across this restaurant. Great place , with wonderful food and terrific service from all the staff--- and I didn't have to go to Manhattan or Long Island for it! I will definitely be going back( especially for a special occasion) and letting my friends know about this place.Special Features:
- AmazingAwesomeDined on 9/7/2014It was my first time there, I have only heard good things. So we decided to try. Very sweet romantic small room. Service was on point and the food was amazing. Will def do a large party there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazingsky1205Dined on 9/7/2014From the valet parking to the very end the experience was simply amazing. The service was superb. The food was delicious, delectable and delightful. The bathroom were very clean and sanitary. The view was beautiful and even though we were sitting by the water, the bay didn't smell awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendJulieta77Dined on 9/6/2014The foods was delicious and the service was great. We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unsatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner. It was not what we expected. We are in our mid 20s and we were the youngest people in the place. The food was decent but the waiter keep coming to our table and 're adjusting our plates & dinnerware. We felt awkward. We do not drink alcohol so we were limited to water for our drink with our meal. It was not for us. We will not be returning to this restaurant anytime soon. Maybe in 20 years we will find it more satisfying.Special Features:
- YUM!trinigal55Dined on 8/31/2014I was invited here by a former coworker. Although I had been to Russo's By the Bay for several business parties, this is the first time that I visited this restaurant. It was wonderful from the moment that I walked in. The staff was friendly, the food was wonderful and the ambience was terrific. We sat outside and enjoyed a lovely breeze off the bay while we dined on a light and delicious brunch. What a wonderful way for me to spend one of my last restaurant visits in NY before I move to Georgia! I'm just sorry that I only now discovered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable food and serviceIceman22Dined on 8/30/2014The moment we walked in we were greeted like we've been there a thousand times. My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary and our waiter Julian made the experience terrific. From the food to the wine we were amazed and can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining at vetroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The most outstanding dining experience. Everything was perfect the staff was great the food was amazing no need to try anyother resturants I found the oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeToniAnnDined on 7/31/2014Every time we go to Vetro is always a great time. From the service to the food, Vetro never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014FIVE MEN DINING, THREE COMPLAINED THAT THE VALDOSTANA WAS TOO SALTY. SERVICDE VERY SLOW.
- ExcellentThumbsupDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant week lunch is wonderful. It is well worth $20.14. However they make up for it by charging $14.00 for their drinks which is two thirds if the cost of lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyMrsLibDined on 7/26/2014Really , microscopic $52 steaks !!!! Come on Russo family , this is no celebrity midtown manhattan establishment ! We were seated at 830 and dinner didn't arrive till 1030pm , ridiculous and unacceptable . The staff was apologetic but the free after dinner drinks didn't erase the fact that our bill was over $400 and we has to wait so long to eat . The decor is beautiful but definitely not worth my time and money!
- Sadly disappointedDiningdivaDined on 7/22/2014Went with my husband for our anniversary. This was our third visit there and was very disappointed with the food. Caesar salad was not cold and was wilty. Fried calamari was a plate full of tentacles, very few rings. Stuffed shrimp was EXTREMELY salty, and I am a person who doesn't mind salt but this was overpowering. I told the waiter about it and he said he has heard that complaint before. So, why don 't they make it less salty?? Also, the room was uncomfortably hot and humid. Asked three times for some air conditioning before we got a little relief. Previous visits were nice, except for the horrible lobster mac and cheese which is still on their menu. Needs attention to the food or we will not be going back. We will go to Matteo's of HBSpecial Features:
- Top Notch Servicetap2Dined on 7/20/2014We were looking for a special place to celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday. Vetro was that place and we were extremely happy with the service and the food. We were greeted and treated like we were very special people and we haven't stopped talking about the food. Thank you to all of you that made our evening very special. And a special thanks to Frank Russo for stopping at our table to see if we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rubygeo727VIPDined on 7/19/2014the service was excellent but the food wasn't what i thought it would be like for this type of place. Tasted like a regualre italian restaurant but allot more expensive.Special Features:
- VetroBklynkidDined on 7/19/2014We went to the rooftop bar after a lovely dinner in the restaurant and what a disappointment. The drinks were served in flimsy plastic cups, there were no barstools, and the bartender told us that there was a $200 minimum to sit at a table. Seriously, serving $10 glasses of wine in plastic cups?? Really tacky, especially after the elegance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Service and Incredible foodCTBKDined on 7/16/2014Attention to detail is fantastic. The service is top notch. The food presentation is a work of art and the quality of taste is incredibly fresh.Special Features:
- Friendly staff and tasty food!cilly712Dined on 7/12/2014Highly recommend...loved very dish we ordered. Staff was highly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalldinewitviewDined on 7/8/2014Food was Great. Service was very slow. The waiter barely came over to see how eveything was going. It was so bad my bf got up to get the water of pitcher to pour into our glasses. Later on the manager showed his face more, which made the service a littke better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I have used Vetro the Murano Room for 3 consecutive years for a special event for my departements. Food and service has always been excellent. So I decided to try their restaurant...and I was not disappointed... Food was once again very good and so was the service. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Karen DinickymomDined on 7/5/2014Amazing - will come back again and again! food, wine list and atmosphere all fantastic - the drinks at the bar were delicious but in my opinion a bit pricey at $12.00 eachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected 5 starRebrokermikeDined on 7/3/2014I have been here several times and always the same experience 5 star foor and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TessDined on 6/25/2014Excellent Food. It was a delightful experience with very capable staff.Special Features:
- great timeChrissyDined on 6/25/2014Service was excellent. My group got a bit boisterous after our second bottle of the waiter's recommendations yet we were not hushed by anyone. The decor is beautiful, just classic and I heard the rooftop is great. Only complaint was there were any cannolisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigD97Dined on 6/24/2014If you've never been here, you must go! Food is tremendous, service was excellent!Special Features: