Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
164-49 Cross Bay Blvd
Howard Beach, NY 11414Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vetronyc.com/
- Phone: 7188438387x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch / Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:00pm
Sunday Dinner 3:00-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael DeGeorgio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have two spacious rooms to accommodate up to 100 of your guests, Please call to speak to a banquet consultant. Each event is customized to the guests specific needs and requests.
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday
Please visit our website for details.
A word from Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
Vetro is guaranteed to change the landscape of fine dining. From exquisite cuisine, expansive wine cellar, private roof top cocktail lounge and exemplary service. Vetro expands Russo's fine culinary tradition into an elegant restaurant completely distinct from your private occasion. Restaurant, Dine in wine cellar, special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay - Best Restaurants in Howard Beach ›
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (45)scenic view (39)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (33)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (31)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (21)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- dining at vetroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The most outstanding dining experience. Everything was perfect the staff was great the food was amazing no need to try anyother resturants I found the oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeToniAnnDined on 7/31/2014Every time we go to Vetro is always a great time. From the service to the food, Vetro never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014FIVE MEN DINING, THREE COMPLAINED THAT THE VALDOSTANA WAS TOO SALTY. SERVICDE VERY SLOW.
- ExcellentThumbsupDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant week lunch is wonderful. It is well worth $20.14. However they make up for it by charging $14.00 for their drinks which is two thirds if the cost of lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyMrsLibDined on 7/26/2014Really , microscopic $52 steaks !!!! Come on Russo family , this is no celebrity midtown manhattan establishment ! We were seated at 830 and dinner didn't arrive till 1030pm , ridiculous and unacceptable . The staff was apologetic but the free after dinner drinks didn't erase the fact that our bill was over $400 and we has to wait so long to eat . The decor is beautiful but definitely not worth my time and money!
- Sadly disappointedDiningdivaDined on 7/22/2014Went with my husband for our anniversary. This was our third visit there and was very disappointed with the food. Caesar salad was not cold and was wilty. Fried calamari was a plate full of tentacles, very few rings. Stuffed shrimp was EXTREMELY salty, and I am a person who doesn't mind salt but this was overpowering. I told the waiter about it and he said he has heard that complaint before. So, why don 't they make it less salty?? Also, the room was uncomfortably hot and humid. Asked three times for some air conditioning before we got a little relief. Previous visits were nice, except for the horrible lobster mac and cheese which is still on their menu. Needs attention to the food or we will not be going back. We will go to Matteo's of HBSpecial Features:
- Top Notch Servicetap2Dined on 7/20/2014We were looking for a special place to celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday. Vetro was that place and we were extremely happy with the service and the food. We were greeted and treated like we were very special people and we haven't stopped talking about the food. Thank you to all of you that made our evening very special. And a special thanks to Frank Russo for stopping at our table to see if we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rubygeo727VIPDined on 7/19/2014the service was excellent but the food wasn't what i thought it would be like for this type of place. Tasted like a regualre italian restaurant but allot more expensive.Special Features:
- VetroBklynkidDined on 7/19/2014We went to the rooftop bar after a lovely dinner in the restaurant and what a disappointment. The drinks were served in flimsy plastic cups, there were no barstools, and the bartender told us that there was a $200 minimum to sit at a table. Seriously, serving $10 glasses of wine in plastic cups?? Really tacky, especially after the elegance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Service and Incredible foodCTBKDined on 7/16/2014Attention to detail is fantastic. The service is top notch. The food presentation is a work of art and the quality of taste is incredibly fresh.Special Features:
- Friendly staff and tasty food!cilly712Dined on 7/12/2014Highly recommend...loved very dish we ordered. Staff was highly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalldinewitviewDined on 7/8/2014Food was Great. Service was very slow. The waiter barely came over to see how eveything was going. It was so bad my bf got up to get the water of pitcher to pour into our glasses. Later on the manager showed his face more, which made the service a littke better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I have used Vetro the Murano Room for 3 consecutive years for a special event for my departements. Food and service has always been excellent. So I decided to try their restaurant...and I was not disappointed... Food was once again very good and so was the service. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Karen DinickymomDined on 7/5/2014Amazing - will come back again and again! food, wine list and atmosphere all fantastic - the drinks at the bar were delicious but in my opinion a bit pricey at $12.00 eachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected 5 starRebrokermikeDined on 7/3/2014I have been here several times and always the same experience 5 star foor and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TessDined on 6/25/2014Excellent Food. It was a delightful experience with very capable staff.Special Features:
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Service was excellent. My group got a bit boisterous after our second bottle of the waiter's recommendations yet we were not hushed by anyone. The decor is beautiful, just classic and I heard the rooftop is great. Only complaint was there were any cannolisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigD97Dined on 6/24/2014If you've never been here, you must go! Food is tremendous, service was excellent!Special Features:
- Good PlaceFinaVIPDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant was very good. Great food and décor, great service, highly recommendSpecial Features:
- OverpaidMaryDined on 6/21/2014They don't carter to children and waited 45 minutes to be seated. I had made reservation for 8:30pm. It is a nice place but over priced for this neighborhood. If I am going to pay for manhattan prices then I would go into the city to eat and enjoy the food. The only reason I went because I live in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomemyplaceDined on 6/17/2014Every experience is a wonderful one for me! From the blue room to dining room and rooftop is so lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantDiningdivaDined on 6/15/2014Food was very good. Went for Father's Day with a group of 7 and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Only negative food item was the lobster mac and cheese. It was awful...inedible. Need to improve that or remove it from menu! Went up on rooftop afterwards for drinks and was impressed. Lovely atmosphere and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewcontrolyourkidsDined on 6/15/2014Vetro's was beautiful. I went on Father's Day with my parents and we were seated at a beautiful waterfront table. The food was fantastic, & so was my waiter Alex. My only complaint would be that the patrons seem to have no control over their children, letting them run around as they please and ruin people's dinners, but that is of no fault of the restaurant. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan in Howard BeachPianomomVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our favorite restaurant! We are foodies and eat all over but Vetro is our favorite food,device and ambiance are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchLuv2dineDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was ok. Not kid friendly or a kids menu. My table did not have an umbrella although I asked for one. They could not accommodate us even though tables with umbrellas became available. So we had to sit in the hot burning noon sun for our entire meal. My 7 year old was not happy and I had to get up from my table and stand in shade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryVetWeddiesDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner there. Love the place! We got married there two years ago (They have a catering hall) and decided to go back for our anniversary. Always super friendly and food is great. Owner always takes time to come over and greet everyone. Great place and great food, huge wine selection. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- CHE BUONO !!!MichelleDined on 6/10/2014Having spent a copious amount of time in Italy, I am very particular when it comes to Italian food. Vetro exceeded my expectations. The food, ambiance and service were amazing. The meal was out of this world, flavorful, fresh and perfect. It's exactly how Italian food should be. Plus I loved the dessert tasting menu. Well done !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014Authentic Italian food but so is the area and you will not be rushed or disappointed in the food and service.Special Features:
- High QualityJeremyDined on 6/7/2014Took my wife for our anniversary and she loved it! Good was great...service was outstanding! Will defitnately recommend to anyone. Beautiful atmosphere and everyone is so curteous. My wife's favorite restaurant now.. P.S. Italian food was amazing...a must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fsntasticfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Food, service, atmosphere were sll great. Portion size was nice. Just a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!SherDined on 6/6/2014Loved the food, and overall experience ... willl definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coachVIPDined on 6/5/2014We had a very nice time at Vetro for dinner. The food was very well prepared and the service was excellent. I had the lamb chops and they were big, meaty, delicious and prepared perfectly. My wife had the pasta in white clam sauce and it to was a great dish.Special Features:
- The Best Of The BestItalianFoodLoverDined on 5/31/2014I love Vetro. I dined here for my 8 year anniversary and I must say the staff made our night memorable and special. From the hostest to the bartender to out waiter everything was exceptional. The food was definitely beyond delicious. I highly recommend the stuffed shrimp. Our waiter even recommended a special drink order for me and my fiance which was very tasty. I will definitely be back and would recommend Vetro to any and everyone. Thank you guys for making my night perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyGroup CT NY LI CO2fromCTDined on 5/27/2014The service was outstanding, the head waiter was accomedating and friendly. Each waiter was attentive and lersonal e -tive. The food was excellent. The wine list was a very extensive, but expensive. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Runs a tight ship.MakeupVIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was good, beautiful place. Nice rooftop bar with great music! Great date place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeCalamariFrittiDined on 5/23/2014Great experience. Only feedback is that it took a long time to get served, but took advantage of that to get to know my date better :)Special Features:
- Waterfront dining at its bestJeremyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Finally the season is here where me & my family can once again enjoy all the wonderful things that Vetro has to offer while dining outside overlooking the water. Nice views, cool breeze, great food, service & drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Good atmosphere, excellent food, great service, and the company of the one you love. What more could you ask for.Special Features:
- gvcfoodloverDined on 5/16/2014Great place, great food and terrific service. Its location to JFK makes it a great place for dinner if your staying overnight to catch a morning flight.Special Features:
- Spectacular!LindaBVIPDined on 5/16/2014No surprise here, Vetro is consistently outstanding! From the warm greeting at the door to the four-star service and delectable culinary selections, you can't go wrong. This is big city dining (think Manhattan or Rome), with neighborhood convenience and attention to detail and customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.