1312 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vetriristorante.com/
- Phone: 2157323478x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday (Tasting Menu Only, $155 per person)6:00pm - 9:30pm
Open every Sunday beginning May 11, 2014.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marc Vetri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Cross Street: 13th Street
- Public Transit: SEPTA routes C, 27, and 32 stop at Broad and Spruce Streets. SEPTA route 23 stops at 12th and Spruce Streets. PATCO High Speed Line stops at Broad and Locust Streets as well as SEPTA's Broad Street Line. Regional Rail stations are located at Market East (11th and Market) and Suburban Station (16th and JFK).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking Lots available at Juniper and Spruce, Juniper and Locust, Broad and Locust, and 15th and Spruce.
A word from Vetri
A rustic eleven table dining room located in Center City Philadelphia, Vetri specializes in authentic Northern Italian dining featuring homemade pasta. Vetri serves each guest a multi-course tasting menu as the sole dining offering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vetri reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (95)romantic (77)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GregVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is are third experience at Vetri; simply outstanding!Special Features:
- PerfectbrucenycVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our meal at Vetri was perfect in every way. Every course was delicious, creative without being gimmicky. The servers were all friendly and personable. The wine pairings were well chosen. I can't think of a single aspect of the meal that I would have wished to be different.Special Features:
- ExpensiveRyonVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was great. Presentation was great. It was expensive and I believe it worths to try once and we would never go back there because 400 bucks for 2 people is a lot of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special MenuChefMcDDined on 8/20/2014Dining at Vetri is a unique experience. Be prepared to enjoy the concept of a tasting menu which is sure to gain more popularity in the food world.Special Features:
- Hype?FreddyTDined on 8/17/2014Nice place, small, very friendly service. Although staff goes to great lengths to accommadate your tastes, something about just bringing random things out doesn't seem to fit. The cost is extremely high, given the quality of the food. Philly ain't NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodEB2dine00Dined on 8/17/2014It was my second time at Vetri's. The first time I was there it was an ala carte menu. This time I was there for the tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was excellent. The watermelon and fluke gazpacho was delicious and refreshing. The pasta dishes were phenomenal. I loved the spinach gnocchi. The wine pairings went very well with each dish. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Hands down the best restaurant in Philadelphia. Will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightMossDined on 8/15/2014I recently went here for my 40th birthday dinner. The staff was incredibly nice, the ambience was romantic and comfortable, and the food was just amazing. My husband and I split most of the dishes, and the pork terrine, almond tortellini, sweet onion crepe and tomato flan were the most delicious things I've ever tasted. Also, don't be fooled, you will be incredibly full at the end of this dinner. The portions are small, but the dishes never stop coming! Incredible experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSamiDined on 8/15/2014This is truly one of a kind. The set menu is unbelievable. The food is unique without being disgusting and the wine parings are perfect. This was quite a treat. The price is high and set for a good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousseeljrunVIPDined on 8/8/2014Incredible food and experience. Perfect for those with food sensitivities/allergies - both the manager, chef, and wait staff were highly attentive to my many dietary concerns and I was well taken care of. Those I was dining with agreed that this was one of the top tasting menus we have ever experienced. I highly recommend Vetri.Special Features:
- Our very favorite does it againHSMITHDined on 8/8/2014Vetri is our very favorite place to splurge and they reinforced why again. From the warm, genuine welcome to the farewell with the invitation to return, they are outstanding. And the food...I don't do it justice. The flavors are absolutely vibrant, the presentation beautiful and the wine pairings perfect. Even when a wine isn't my favorite, you cant deny how it compliments the food and you realize just how delicious a great pairing can be. We had our two favorites--spinach gnocchi and almond tortellini--and they know we share every dish, so this time brought us each a two-sided plate with both on it--so thoughtful. I did not tell them at booking it was our anniversary, but they knew and mentioned it twice. I just cannot say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psyclops13psyclops13Dined on 8/4/2014Just experienced my first visit to Vetri. It was the best dining experience of my life. The atmosphere, service, food, and wine were simply amazing.Special Features:
- Always a delight!!Norweigan17VIPDined on 8/2/2014Vetri restaurant is always such a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- I expected morephillydocloves2eatDined on 8/2/2014I am not above spending a lot of money for a meal, but when I do I expect to be blown away by a gustatory storm. There were some wonderful dishes to be sure, but at least half of the tasting menu items were 'good' but not great. I will note that the sweetbreads were 'great', but for almost $500 for a couple (with wine), great sweetbreads ain't enough!Special Features:
- Unique tasting experiencegchisaDined on 8/1/2014A completely unique experience. We have eaten in many fine restaurants, had many tasting menus, but this one was truly unique. The menu allows you to select things you really want, and those you would avoid, and each course is crafted for each diner. The wines are matched as well, and the results are outstanding. If you have the opportunity, take it.Special Features:
- Vetri blew me awayVBWMDined on 7/31/2014I took my fiancée here for his birthday . Our waiter Bill was superb. I'm rather picky (only fish & chicken and no carbs) and they were totally willing to work with me. My fiancée went nuts over the sweet breads, spinach gnocchi, goat, and bread. Yes the tab was $500 ($155 a person , $90 for wine and $100 for Bill) but it was worth every penny! And Mr. Vetri is a lovely & kind man. Well done gentlemen!! Woo hoo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CourtDined on 7/27/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the staff was just as wonderfulSpecial Features:
- On my bucket list.BillupbinbinDined on 7/25/2014I moved to Philly--and to the restaurant/theatre district--6 years ago. Live blocks vrom Vetri. Eight years ago, a fellow food aficionado freind had given me a Vetri cook book, and since moving to the city I had eaten at both Osteria and Amis. So it was time to take the plunge and do the big one. I booked for my husband and my 5th year anniversary. With the palette cleanser and the charcuterie and bread and olives it felt so much more than 5 courses. I loved them all--though would have wanted a few more bright and fresh veggies mixed in. The gnocchi in butter bites and caramelized onion tart were stand-outs. Try a tarter sorbet as a palette cleanser--felt too heavy going into a heavy dessert scene.Special Features:
- Another fabulous mealmainlinemamaVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is my food Mecca and it did not disappoint me, again. Every dish a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food was delicious and our service was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLMTedDined on 7/23/2014Unbelievable gastronomic experience. The chef's Multi-course selection and wine pairing is highly recommended. After each bite each guest closed their eye and did the suttle nod acknowledging the chef's creativity, hard work, and exceptional quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal EverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014This was my first time at Vetri and it lived up to all expectations. We did the regular wine pairing, which was 6 half glasses of wine that complimented each dish beautifully. The gnocchi was out of this world. Will definitely go back to try the other half of the menu. It's pricey, but I didn't eat for a full day after, I was so full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible.hodzerDined on 7/18/2014Vetri was one of our top two dinners ever (tied with Restaurant Gary Danko is SF). I cannot say enough good things about the entire experience: the staff, the ambiance, the FOOD! We had the wine pairing, well worth it.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerlgoodmancpaVIPDined on 7/15/2014We have not been to Vetri's for a few years. Even though they went to a Price Fix menu, the food was as incredible as ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly Flawless.IanMDined on 7/10/2014I haven't eaten at Vetri in 5 years, but I remembered the food as some of the best I have ever had. My experience surpassed my very high expectations. The tasting menu was varied, creative, and beautifully presented. The sommelier quickly recommended some amazing wine to suit our table's diversity of tastes. Highlights were the sweet onion crepe, asparagus flan, and spinach gnocchi in brown butter, but nearly every course was perfect. Service was attentive and expert, but not intrusive. My dining companions and I agreed that Vetri is by far our favorite restaurant in Philadelphia. This restaurant is not for the cost-conscious, but given the superior quality of the experience, we saw the $155 prix fixe as a bargain.Special Features:
- Domenic D.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014I've been to Italy a couple times now and don't know if I would be able to get a meal of this quality there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All it was cracked up to be pluscherieireneVIPDined on 7/5/2014Saved the best of Marc Vetri's restaurants for last, and it was well worth the wait. Sometimes hard to get in the pricey 11 table establishment, the feeling of "special" begins the minute you step foot inside. Decor, lighting, even linen help grow the anticipation of a Big Night ahead. Professional but warm, friendly service leave you never wondering or wanting and the pace of the experience is perfect. Wonderful wine list heavy on the Italian, some French. And the food, why you come, of course, is top notch, inventive and delicious. Peruse the listing, be vocal about any dislikes, but let them bring you what they choose and be surprised. It's the only way to eat here. Do a wine pairing. Live it up. Make it a Big Night.Special Features:
- WimmieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Vetri sets a whole new standard compared to other Philadelphia restaurants. The food is complex and hits the mark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014Everything was just perfect. Delicious food made with love and care. Incredible service, friendly, knowledgable and attentive. Above and beyond dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every penny!PhiladelphiamomVIPDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I hadn't been back to Vetri for years. The entire experience was memorable. I highly recommend that you splurge and go with the wine pairings. Because, if you are going to invest in this type of meal, go all the way to pair with amazing wines. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.yingVIPDined on 6/29/2014Good food and great service. Though pricy, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionNJdinerDined on 6/27/2014Have returned year after year for my partner's birthday. Service is impeccable, food is out of this world. I would go more often if I could.Special Features:
- A unique experience!LuvfoodVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food was unique and outstanding. It definitely was satisfying to our palette. Service was excellent. A must bucket list for foodies...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchVIPDined on 6/24/2014Excellent. Everything. Two of us--each a different meal with our needs/preferences in mind. Terrific wine pairings, some we'll make a point of buying, if we can find them. The menu changes; it doesn't matter what's on your plate--all extraordinary. A wonderful pace, a gracious and informed server. Misleading to single anything out--as if anything wasn't very, very good--but I do particularly want to mention the foie gras(incomparable) and the Japanese beef (name I forget)--no beef I've ever tasted approaches this. The asparagus flan melted in my mouth. The sweet onion crepe unbelieveable. This food makes you eat slowly.Special Features:
- WowPCDCDined on 6/22/2014Everything that I had read about Vetri turns out to be spot on. Incredible food, the best service I have ever experienced, and quiet ambience. That said, not sure if I would pay $400 for dinner again, but part of this was covered by a gift and it was certainly worth the experience. Coffee could have been better.Special Features:
- Too high pricedLeBatmanDined on 6/21/2014I don't mind a high price if the chance deserves it, but a so high price bring unusual high expectations. Vetri is, withoubt any doubt, a great restaurant and provides a great experience, but I expected something beyond, I guess. A sensitive lower price would have probably lowered my expectations and would have lead to a delightful surprise, indeed. Otherwise the evening was great, a small beautiful place with a warm team of waiters, and an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Babara RuthbababaruDined on 6/20/2014The dinner was impressive and well orchestrated. The food was exceptional in quality and OK in surprise tastes. I have been in many of the world's unbelievable restaurants (especially France and northern Spain) and I have a slight preference for a little more of the exceptional and not so much of the OK. That would decrease the theatricality of it and keep strict attention on the food. I had an asparagus dish in Spain and the asparagus was perfect, simple, but the white "dipping" sauce was worth remembering for life. I do know the produce in Europe is better. I also continue to appreciate a dish after several bites. If I return to Vetri, I would get a whole dinner, not the tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection in Phila!NYCTravelerVIPDined on 6/19/2014Dinner at Vietri was a delight! Every morsel was heaven, timed perfectly, service that was impeccable and intuitive. Do yourself a favor and go there when you aren't rushed and can spend 3 hours with someone that you enjoy. Luckily we have had the opportunity to enjoy Italian food in New York, Italy and all over the world. Vetri may just our very favorite and far, far superior to any top rated restaurant in Phila.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JulieSDined on 6/19/2014We went to Vetri to celebrate our anniversary. We heard great things and we were excited to try Vetri ourselves. It did not disappoint! We knew that it would be expensive but for such a unique experience it was well worth it. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The dining room is beautiful and cozy. Rachel was our server and she was so helpful and knowledgeable about the food and wine. We all did the wine paring which they customized to our tastes. The food was delicious and we always received two different selections between the four of us so that we could try multiple dishes. It was the perfect night and I would definitely recommend Vetri for a special and memorable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/16/2014Come with an appetite! Vetri was an amazing showcase of food and wine. The service was thoughtful and the food was unique. We are lucky to have such a great restaurant in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.