1312 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vetriristorante.com/
- Phone: (215) 732-3478
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday (Tasting Menu Only, $155 per person)6:00pm - 9:30pm
Open every Sunday beginning May 11, 2014.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marc Vetri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Cross Street: 13th Street
- Public Transit: SEPTA routes C, 27, and 32 stop at Broad and Spruce Streets. SEPTA route 23 stops at 12th and Spruce Streets. PATCO High Speed Line stops at Broad and Locust Streets as well as SEPTA's Broad Street Line. Regional Rail stations are located at Market East (11th and Market) and Suburban Station (16th and JFK).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking Lots available at Juniper and Spruce, Juniper and Locust, Broad and Locust, and 15th and Spruce.
A word from Vetri
A rustic eleven table dining room located in Center City Philadelphia, Vetri specializes in authentic Northern Italian dining featuring homemade pasta. Vetri serves each guest a multi-course tasting menu as the sole dining offering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vetri reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)fit for foodies (120)romantic (94)notable wine list (90)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (17)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfection à la italienneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Grazie mille to to Vetri for this marvellous experience. We'll keep such a good souvenir of this evening. Everything was splendid! Exquisite food, discrete staff but so efficient. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I have had Vetri on our "must try list" for a bit. We made a reservation for this past Saturday to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This could be one of the most memorable meals I've ever had ... to name a few items, the onion tart and almond tortellini. We also chose to do the grand wine pairing. The choices were spot on! Definitely a nice enhancement to the meal. The service was excellent. Everyone who touched our table was very knowledgeable and able to answer any question we had. Lastly, the space itself is amazing. It is an old home and hence, the feeling you receive when you arrive is comfortable and homey. I would highly recommend checking out Vetri.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING .HappyVIPDined on 11/19/2014THE MOST AMAZING DINNING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD . The ballet of staff and food paired with wine was profound. I had very high expectations and they where exceeded on ever level .Special Features:
- Outstanding,geedubVIPDined on 11/14/2014One of the most memorable meals we have ever had, and the wine parings were a perfect matchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!DlitefulldinerDined on 11/14/2014Vetri was simply amazing and everything my wife and I imagined it would be! From the food to the wait staff to the atmosphere everything was profoundly professional, warm, and over the top. Yes, the price is steep but expected. This is Vetri and we would go again and again! My wife has a passion for food so you can understand the look on her face when Chef Vetri walked passed our table three times and at one time stood next to her. Talk about star struck! Chef Vetri didn't just wisk through the dining room he slowly and methodically walk through looking at each table with approval. To the chef and waitstaff outstanding and job well done!Special Features:
- Beautiful place but food hard to digest!pchatDined on 11/12/2014Vetri is a lovely little restaurant that has excellent wait staff and a romantic ambiance. The problem was the food. Too rich. Everything comes in a pool of butter. Although really just small bites, it's a real workout for your gallbladder. I'd ask chef to rethink that as otherwise it is a wonderful place!Special Features:
- Over the top price for average foodWineluv44Dined on 11/8/2014We anxiously awaited this night for months. The ambience was up to expectations, but the food was relatively average in my opinion. We were expecting courses that captured the flair and flavors of France. There were definitely some bright spots (mostly on the dessert side of the equation), but overall the food took a back seat to the wine. The wine choices were excellent, and paired well with each course. This experience is likely a once and done for us simply because the price is so ridiculously high for what we considered a nice, but not over the top dinner.Special Features:
- PureFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Overall, a outstanding dining experience. Absolutely amazing food. The sea bass baked with leeks and fennel was delicious. We will dine again when visiting Philadelphia the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Second time at Vetri. Nice experience overall. Be prepared to spend 450-600 per couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeatherVIPDined on 10/25/2014Thoroughly enjoyed everything about Vetri! The service, food and ambience were among the best I have ever experienced! Will definitely return- hopefully soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but food weakest partCupcake8Dined on 10/24/2014Great service, great wine list, great room, very enjoyable. Food was excellent, but not what I'd expect given the reputation and price. There are other places in Philly I'd go to tantalize my tastebuds. It was all very heavy on cream and butter, which I love. But there are other ways to bring good food to life.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014This place is truly beautiful & a place we had looked forward to trying for many years. However, we were very disappointed. The food that we had was delicious and the service was wonderful. Considering the cost I was hoping for a much more creative and diverse meal. There were 4 different seafood options on the tasting menu (whole fish, squid, and another fish Sea bass I think), but we were only served the small portion of alaskan king crab, which is just bad for business if you ask me. I understand you may not get every item listed on their tasting menu. Again, for the price you may you would expect more diversity. Yes they are italian & we expected some pasta, however, 4 pasta dishes & a soup is a bit much. Would have loved more variety.Special Features:
- Dinner of a lifetimeCarlos318Dined on 10/15/2014In my 55 years of age, I have gone far and wide in search of all kinds of great dining experiences. I must say, however, that dinner at Vetri may have been the top experience I have ever had. Last minute change in plans left me solo for the evening. The host and the servers were courteous and capable and set on making me feel comfortable, not alone and not in the way either. Perfect balance. Being able to sit back and go for a magic carpet ride through Italy's cuisines, no hands on the controls, crossing through time and distance from one plate to the next, fueled by pitch perfect wine pairings, was a trip I will never forget or stop talking about. Too bad Philly is so far away from where I live, or I'd be back over and over again!!!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2014Truly the best dining experience in Philadelphia hands down. I did leave the restaurant asking myself the question is any meal (dinner for 2, moderately priced bottle of wine, tip) worth $570?Special Features:
- OutstandingPaJCVIPDined on 10/13/2014Vetri lives up to the hype. It is relaxed, effortless, mindblowing perfection. The room is small, sparely furnished and sets an elemental mood. The service is flawless, completely attentive yet transparent. The food is absolutely memorable, one of the best meals I've ever had. We had the lower tier wine pairing and these were perfectly chosen for each course. $90 is spendy for a few glasses of wine, but then again, the lady at the liquor store can't help you put all of this together. What is it that your are buying at Vetri that costs over $500 for you and a companion? It's the chance to soak in sublime execution of a great meal, perfectly served, in a room that invites reverence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but not worth the priceMarkDined on 10/11/2014I thought the food was very good, but it was not worth the price. The atmosphere itself was mediocre. Tables were extremely tight, which added to the noise level.Special Features:
- CucinamoreVIPDined on 10/5/2014A disappointment. Even savory pastas tended to the sweet side. Spotty cooking--some dishes quite tasty (desserts were a standout) while most others simply ordinary. Not special enough in light of the cost and the enthusiasm of the waitstaff.
- Great experience !GtriegerDined on 10/3/2014Unbelievable service so eager to make sure your happy with everything. Amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More a translation than funBudinesstravellerVIPDined on 10/2/2014Hi, it's been many years since we went here. I was surprised as it was wide open for mid week bookings, it was way too expensive with around 600 dollars for two with wine by glass and tip. Seriously bad value for a mixture of lacklustre ( crudités and awful balsamic cream dip) pedestrian ( pasta ragout) and some semi inspired dishes. Choose carefully when asked your choices, the table next door got a face to face with the chef with their main dish but the other 3 tables all got the same dishes despite the claim of a tailored menu for each table ....so don't say chefs choice. Honestly it was a little boring on a midweek Thursday. Eating out at a lot of restaurants I would not come back here again.
- Elevated Italian CuisinefarecritDined on 10/1/2014Most of the dishes were very well considered and prepared, with one outstanding dish so good it would be unfair to describe it. This was the spinach gnocchi and almond tortellini. One of the best dishes I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recently openedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2014Very interesting combinations and a unique decor. We ate upstairs where the windows roll up to let the outdoors in-- we ordered a lot of the small plates and shared them all-- food was great and service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- VetriDaveWDined on 9/27/2014It's a must try for the serious foodie. I don't know what to add that hasn't already been said. Dinner for 2 is going to be roughly a car payment but it will be one of the best meals you've ever eaten in your life regardless of how experienced a diner you are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesDined on 9/27/2014Vetri is, to put it simply exquisite in service, which offers a delectable selection of food, an expansive selection of wine, and a room that is filled with a delightful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014From the staff to the food - an overall amazing dining experience!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, impeccable servicemichellebelle23Dined on 9/24/2014Our reservation was for the second seating. We had to wait for the previous tables to finish but the staff were so polite and friendly it made the waiting go by very quickly. Each course was unique and fun and though they seemed small, we we were stuffed by the last course. Easily on par with some of the top restaurants in NYC. Though I would say that the service was even better here!Special Features:
- Second timeCMC92179Dined on 9/22/2014This was my second time eating at Vetri and it was no worse than the second best meal I've ever had. Vetri (first time) is either 1st or second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 9/22/2014You go to Vetri for the food, which is memorable and delightful. The service is flawless, the pace of the meal is perfect and the room is pleasant if a little dull. I was disappointed, however, for our 30th anniversary, to be seated about 6 inches away from a couple on their first Match.com date. I really didn't want to hear them interview each other, and would have preferred to have a more personal evening with my husband. No-one goes to Vetri for a casual evening out. There are tables that are more intimate in the tiny room, but at $600 for 2 for dinner, it's unlikely we'll have a chance to try them any time soon.Special Features:
- Best meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Managed to meet the highest of expectations. Hands down the best meal we've ever had. In particular the staff was well informed, friendly and graciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014You need to be ok with the price (including wine pairing, tax and tip more than $300 pp) But if you are, and you love good food, you will have the best time. My criterion for places like this is: do you at some point start "eating" the food, or are you always just tasting and savoring it. It's the latter. Very clearly. (And the service is outstanding.) We loved it.Special Features:
- Very good but not greatManuDined on 9/20/2014The hype around Vetri is huge, we had been to several of their restaurants previously but not to Vetri itself. The food is good but given the hype and expectation (and price) I expected better. The service was outstanding, the wine list impressive but the food was very good not great or amazing.Special Features:
- Worth itSteveVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were a little apprehensive about the price - ultimately over $600 for two with wine pairing - but for a special occasion Ventri lived up to the reputation. We went with another couple which turned out to be a great idea. The menu has multiple options for each course; unless you have an allergy or specifically ask, the chef chooses. In our case, every dish was split meaning our friends got one selection while we got another, or the women one and the men another. It was great. Only quibbles - very loud making it difficult to hear and understand what the servers told us about the dishes and wine, and somewhat cramped.Special Features:
- It is so over.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our fifth meal at Vetri, but we had not been there for a couple of years. Our earlier experiences ranged from excellent to ok. This one was very disappointing. The food was truly mediocre. No course was memorable or outstanding. Both pasta courses were ordinary at best and neither was hot. The premium wine pairing was uninspired and overpriced given the middling quality of the wines. Add the price ($155 per person for the food and $135 per person for the wine), and I cannot understand how the place stays in business. My guess is a lag in Vetri's reputation catching up (or down) with it's pathetic offering.
- Beyond AmazingKamiDined on 9/17/2014The flavors in each dish was outstanding. The staff could answer any question we had about the food and wine. The tasting menu offered plenty of choices and even though we were full by the 3rd course we ate every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencewineanddineDined on 9/12/2014This was about as great a dining experience as it gets. Outstanding preparation, service, creativity and attention to detail. It is a big ticket meal but worthy of the price tag. The staff is fantastic and their enthusiasm and knowledge adds to the experience. Certainly a special occasion destination but one worth repeating without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE OF THE BESTdisapointedDined on 9/12/2014MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT FOR SEVERAL YEARS. VETRI WAS EVERYTHING WE EXPECTED AND MUCH MORE. EVERY COURSE WAS PERFECTLY PREPARED AND PAIRED WITH GREAT WINES. LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR NEXT TRIP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeasThoughtsDined on 9/7/2014Some of the choices were great -- others good, but the entire experience was fantastic --- despite the cost..Special Features:
- Freakin AwesomeTLOMDined on 9/5/2014Un-Freakin Believable! Service was class AA, Food was Class AAA. You will NEVER, I mean NEVER have a experience like this in your entire live if you don't try this place!!!!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingArdeesVIPDined on 9/4/2014Been here before and I must say it is by far a truly outstanding restaurant. Marc Vetri is the most creative chef I can ever imagine. I hope he doesn't change a thing....it's truly the Best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but perhaps not greatbritbrainDined on 9/4/2014I took my foodie partner for her birthday. The atmosphere was great and we enjoyed the many surprising and delicious courses brought out to us in well-timed succession. It was a lovely three hours. The main course of fish was excellent, as were the truffles. A couple of the dishes were not up to the standard you'd expect for the price, especially the ravioli. But overall it was a unique and memorable experience.Special Features:
- A Special ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We chose Vetri to celebrate our son's 21st birthday. We let the chef choose our entrees but asked that we get different items so we could taste as many dishes as possible. We ordered the upgraded wine pairings since this was a big night. I won't describe each of the courses. There were so many it's hard to remember everything we ate. We were given more courses and wines than were listed on the menu. Not every dish was sublime, but every dish was at least delicious and several dishes were out of this world. The wine pairings were exceptional and brought the already stellar food to another level. It's hard to compare Vetri to other great (and less costly) Philly restaurants because it's more than just "dinner". It's a very special experience.Special Features: