1315 Brecken Ridge Drive
Little Rock, AR 72227Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vesuviobistro.com/
- Phone: 5012250500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabrizo Castangia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Vesuvio can cater your next event, big or small. We can have a chef come to your home and cook for your family dinner, or cater a party of up to 1000.
A word from Vesuvio Bistro
Vesuvio Bistro has been called Little Rock’s "Best Italian" by many who have dined here. Featuring a "Country Italian" cuisine paired with both old world and new world wine selections. , Vesuvio is also known for its great martini list. If you are looking for a great place for a romantic dinner or a family get together, Vesuvio will be the perfect choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vesuvio Bistro - Best Restaurants in Little Rock ›
Vesuvio Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (82)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (58)notable wine list (43)good for groups (23)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food is excellent, we lived in Italy for 5 years the food is very authentic! Best Italy food we found! Server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LittleRockFoodEnjoyerDined on 8/24/2014This was my first time to try out this restaurant. I searched for awhile to find a nice romantic restaurant that was open on a Sunday. Let me tell you it is hard to find. The appetizers were wonderful. I had the ribeye, which was one of the best I've ever had and I've had many good ribeyes. My date had the fillet, and it was amazing as well. Highly recommend this restaurant. We defiantly will be going back. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Purp41Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, great presentation, good service. small portions , over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencekellyvan1960Dined on 8/23/2014The specials were fantastic. I had the veal and my wife had the scallops. We each had greek salads which were fresh and the dressing was light. The service was steady and attentive. Couldn't have asked for a better dining atmosphere to celebrate 12 years together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atmosphere, food, service all greatSBGBDined on 8/23/2014We were looking for a place to go for a special dinner. Found the menu on line and it looked good. Made the reservation on line and that worked perfectly. The atmosphere, service, and food were all great. Staff was very friendly and helpful,A nice quiet place to have dinner and talk without having to shout over noise and loud music. The piano music was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, Excellent Italian FoodTravelLoverDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Consistently good food, attentive but not intrusive service, and wonderful live piano playing which can be heard from the lounge area throughout the restaurant. The chef is Italian - from the enchanting Italian island if Sardinia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014one of our favorite restaurants! Always perfect!! Tried many things on the menu including specials always good! Great salads! Great martinis and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class dining experience!buffyDined on 8/15/2014The food and wine were outstanding, and the service was top notch. We ordered specials and items off the menu, and it was all excellent. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatiADined on 8/13/2014The service was awesome. The food was incredible. I highly recommend the chef's special charcuterie and cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The wait staff was helpful in making our selections made us feel special. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeMCReynoldsDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed our first experience here. Waiter was awesome and very knowledgable. Good food and great dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding evening with familyredearedsliderDined on 8/10/2014Went to Vesuvio with family and an out-of-town friend. Stellar food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationwillbegoingbackDined on 8/9/2014The perfect atmosphere to celebrate our 39th anniversary. The food and service over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedalwayslookingDined on 8/8/2014Considering this location was well known as a long standing average Mexican Restaurant, to dine with up scale surroundings, soft piano and wonderful service was only surpassed by marvelous food. We were very pleased with our experience.Special Features:
- Dark ShadowsZielatlastDined on 8/1/2014First of all the food is very good I had halibut blah blah plus a fancy Greek salad, and some fancy lintel and potato soup. My dining partner said her pork loin and salad were very good. Her chocolate meltdown cake and gelato were kind of "chain" but still pretty good. Only a couple of picky complaints. One is that the restaurant was so dark. Our table was in a corner and was lit by a lil candle. . The noise+dark was odd. Next. Our waiters somewhat excessive concern about the portion size and calorie count. I am pretty sure we were under 1000 cal. For example he described the salad and soup asbboth being gigantic. The soup n salad were a lil grtr than avg. overall, very good food but the noise dark and waiter were an odd groove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites for dinner!TPACDined on 8/1/2014Vesuvio - one of my favs in LR! You don't want to miss the Zorba salad! Selection of pasta dishes is wonderful! The eggplant parmesan and lasagna are out of this world! The homemade pasta is marvelous! The service is always superb! Jacob provided wonderful service on this visit! But all the servers are very focused on each customer's experience being enjoyable - a terrific consistency for this establishment! The pianist in the bar area was very enjoyable! When we have 'official dinner functions' at work, this is often on the 'agenda' for dinner. If you're looking for excellent Italian cuisine and excellent service - look no further! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Tasty In The RockTastTDined on 8/1/2014Authentic, great tasting menu. Was not disappointed in anything we ordered. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphere.alexinlittlerockDined on 8/1/2014We ate here to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our server Nick was very professional and knowledgable and made some very helpful recommendations. The food was off the chart good and the piano in the background provided a luscious, relaxing, romantic ambience. The Sicilian owner came by each table to check on the guests. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!JmikeDined on 7/26/2014Great food, service and atmosphere! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern and Southern ItalianDesiDined on 7/26/2014If you do not mind spending a little extra for a wonderful romantic evening with a loved one, go to Vesuvio Bistro. A hidden Italian gem off of Rodney Parham. The food matches the romantic ambience.Special Features:
- Great food!mammyschoiceDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter was outstanding. The food was great, well prepared and presentation was lovely. We didn't have to wait long for service or our food. I will definitely be back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendation!VIPOTVIPDined on 7/14/2014One of my clients recommended this restaurant. Very good Italian food. I went with the cannelloni and a salad. Great wine list. Waiter knew all of the ingredients when I asked about the meat inside the cannelloni. He even recommended what I should have the next time, a pasta made inside of a cheese round. Sounds interesting!Special Features:
- Love this placeJoshpDined on 7/12/2014Great restaurant with a good wine list and knowledgeable staff. And not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!BKayDined on 7/11/2014My food has always been outstanding at Vesuvio. Waiter was a bit "quick to the draw" on this particular occasion, heading to take away my fiance's plate before he was finished with his meal, salad and meal overlapping. However, overall a GREAT dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent food!Stu1Dined on 7/2/2014What a pleasant discovery of a fine Italian dining venue in the old El Chico location on Rodney Parham. The food was excellent as was the service. The owner checked on us several times and explained menu items. Overall an outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurantMAGDined on 6/28/2014Vesuvio is on my list of 5 top restaurants in Little Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT REASONABLY PRICED FOODBIRTHDAYDined on 6/28/2014Everything was outstanding-from the taste and quality of the food, to the wine list, to the service. We enjoyed our visit here and will probably be back on another special occasion. We weren't disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodjaydeejayVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have visited Vesuvio Bistro at its previous location in the Best Western. The new location is larger with more room between tables. The food we had was very good. The menu has food from all regions of Italy; not heavy on the Southern Italian style which is often the case at Italian restaurants. The wine list is quite impressive.We started with the spinach almond salad. My husband had the tuna and I had the tilapia piccata. Everything was prepared and presented well. We did not have room for desert. Our server, Flora, gave us great service and was helpful with the menu.Special Features:
- Good, not obvious food.siltcostaDined on 6/21/2014All made from scratch and presented with passion by the servers. I'll keep going back. Piano player had excellent repertoire and made atmosphere great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening2ofusDined on 6/21/2014Menu sounded delicious but recommended specials were what we picked this time. Soft music, attentive staff and flavorful food. We will go back for more memory making for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The evening was very enjoyable with a group of friends. Atmosphere was quiet enough that we could hear everyone talk no matter where you sat. Even when the piano music started, it was not overpowering. Food was superb and cooked per our request. Service was done with excellence. Overall, all of us would return and would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2014Finally Little Rock has a 5 star Italian restaurant. Outstanding specials, pasta, appetizers, desert. There really is a difference between a spaghetti house and gourmet Italian.Special Features:
- RIckDined on 6/15/2014Awesome food and service; I do miss the cozy feeling experience from prior location! Still, a great place to dine and for special occasions, particularly if larger group.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Went on recommendation from a friend and was not disappointed. Excellent way to celebrate our 28th anniversary. Had the ahi tuna which was the daily special. Also the tiramisu and cannoli were fantastic. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Food and service were both first rate and our group of six enjoyed every aspect of the experience. Two of us are restaurant owner/operators from other cities and have high expectations which were met and exceeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!LeeFamilyDined on 6/12/2014Vesuvio has become our favorite dining spot in Little Rock. The atmosphere is lovely with a live piano player playing beautifully in the background. We love 1620 Savoy, Ashley's and Table 28, but Vesuvio's has the best menu. The other places seem limited on their offerings and seem to be trying to hard to be exotic (quail, rabbit, etc.). Vesuvio has plenty of class yet has a menu that keeps you constantly trying something new. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014We like the new location even more than the old. Uniformly attentive service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Wife and I ate there for dinner and really enjoyed it. Food was excellent. We each had steaks.Special Features:
- Sunday Evening at Vesuvio BistroColonyWestDinerDined on 6/1/2014Excellent food with great service. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJoeLDined on 5/31/2014Very much enjoyed the food and the service was outstanding. One of the specials (linguini con vongole) was prepared with a white wine sauce, I preferred a garlic cream sauce and they were happy to accommodate and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.