1315 Brecken Ridge Drive
Little Rock, AR 72227Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vesuviobistro.com/
- Phone: 5012250500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabrizo Castangia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Vesuvio can cater your next event, big or small. We can have a chef come to your home and cook for your family dinner, or cater a party of up to 1000.
A word from Vesuvio Bistro
Vesuvio Bistro has been called Little Rock’s "Best Italian" by many who have dined here. Featuring a "Country Italian" cuisine paired with both old world and new world wine selections. , Vesuvio is also known for its great martini list. If you are looking for a great place for a romantic dinner or a family get together, Vesuvio will be the perfect choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vesuvio Bistro - Best Restaurants in Little Rock ›
Vesuvio Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (75)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (40)good for groups (24)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sicilian royal cuisineijsvvtVIPDined on 10/17/2014Fit for the Don's gourmet and wonderful for the rest of us. So good that we returned the next night for another feast. IrvingSpecial Features:
- ServiceSchmedeDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service by Jacob - knowledgable, courteous, helpful, attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced mediocre foodboxturtleDined on 10/10/2014Went for family birthday, disappointed. Food very mediocre, with limited menu, and everything VERY overpriced!
- Another great meal at VesuvioOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014We have always had good luck with our trips to Vesuvio. The service is dependable without being overbearing, and the food is authentic, well-prepared, beautiful presented, and just the right portion size.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceHAPPDined on 10/6/2014Was a great dining experience and staff was attentive but did not interrupt the flow of conversation. Very good variety of choices and everything was excellent. The wheel of Parmesan cheese dish I would highly recommend! I'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriDined on 10/3/2014Service was great. Food was delicious. Osso bucco special was incredible... Although expensive. Was surprised when we received the bill and saw $38 for this entree. However, I should have asked first. My bad. The piccata was delicious also. Just the right amount of yummy lemon sauce and capers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location, same great foodRick375Dined on 10/1/2014My first visit to the new location was like seeing an old friend. The food was the same great variety with a few new items thrown in. An all around excellent choice for a special night, or just an excellent meal. The staff was attentive, and adapted to our food allergy requirements very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere, and staff.FoodinbellyDined on 9/26/2014Food was great and the waitress was knowledgable about the menus items. They have a nice soft piano playing in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy!happyDined on 9/22/2014Delicious salad with pears, toasted nuts, goat cheese and spinach!Special Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantTK123Dined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed the meal and the service. The waiter was very attentive yet wasn't bugging us constantly. He kept very good table maintenance (something I always notice as I was one a manager in a restaurant) and made sure we had what we needed. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, just fine...JimVDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant continues to maintain consistent high quality, and is our first choice for special occasion dinners. The waitstaff are professional and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Delicious, and relaxingHiresDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here on Saturday, Sept 20, 2013. The restaurant was beautiful, the staff were friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections, they were courteous, and acknowledge our celebration. We will do this restaurant again and we will recommend it to our friends. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was romantic and the piano player was an added bonus. He didn't play too loud or too softly, it was perfect. Thank you Vesuvio Bistro for a very romantic, pleasant and wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Amazing food!DonnaDined on 9/19/2014My husband, his mom, our friend, and myself had dinner here on a Friday night. The service was impeccable and the food was very high quality. The prices were not bad for what you received. I would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSusieQDined on 9/9/2014A friend & I enjoyed a great meal & great service from our friendly waiter, Nick. Complimentary bruschetta arrived with our menus, the bread basket included a dish of olive tapenade & was refilled when our entrees arrived. The crab cake appetizer was huge & delicious. Pasta Cittara was finished table-side & Nick explained how they make the pasta as he swirled it inside the huge cheese wheel. The cannelloni stuffed with both beef & pork was a hit. We finished with strong coffee. crème Brule & chocolate lava cake topped with vanilla gelato. We were there a long time & never felt rushed or pushed to finish up. A great meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Service and pacing of meal was perfect and not rushed or interrupted. Gave us plenty of time for discussion and visiting with full services at desired intervals. Food was excellent. Couldn't have been better. One of our guests asked for special foods from the chef who came out to discuss what was available and the dish was just what he wanted. Perfecto!!!Special Features:
- perfectmomsnightoutDined on 9/7/2014I chose this restaurant for a nice meal with a friend prior to seeing a show in town. The food was delicious, the service perfect and the staff very accommodating to our needs to enjoy our meal yet get out in time to see the show. I have dined here before and am never disappointed. Chef's choice antipasti dish was delicious.Special Features:
- Still best in the area, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The fresh bread and olive tapenade were great. Our waiter was great, but the apron-less server we saw was out of place, as is having a Greek salad on an Italian menu. The chicken in my Chicken Cacciatore lacked moisture...and flavor. My husband's Salmon was also overcooked. The single scallop on his dish however was done perfectly, so consistency is the main problem. Our salads were simple Capreses: the mozzarella ball was HUGE, but tasty. More tomatoes, and an heirloom variety would have been better, since they were a bit too firm. Overall, the quality has definitely fallen off since moving to the new location. It's still the best food in the area, but it used to be the best around, period. 'Missing the days!Special Features:
- Very good!Kt82Dined on 8/30/2014Food is excellent, we lived in Italy for 5 years the food is very authentic! Best Italy food we found! Server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LittleRockFoodEnjoyerDined on 8/24/2014This was my first time to try out this restaurant. I searched for awhile to find a nice romantic restaurant that was open on a Sunday. Let me tell you it is hard to find. The appetizers were wonderful. I had the ribeye, which was one of the best I've ever had and I've had many good ribeyes. My date had the fillet, and it was amazing as well. Highly recommend this restaurant. We defiantly will be going back. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Purp41Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, great presentation, good service. small portions , over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencekellyvan1960Dined on 8/23/2014The specials were fantastic. I had the veal and my wife had the scallops. We each had greek salads which were fresh and the dressing was light. The service was steady and attentive. Couldn't have asked for a better dining atmosphere to celebrate 12 years together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atmosphere, food, service all greatSBGBDined on 8/23/2014We were looking for a place to go for a special dinner. Found the menu on line and it looked good. Made the reservation on line and that worked perfectly. The atmosphere, service, and food were all great. Staff was very friendly and helpful,A nice quiet place to have dinner and talk without having to shout over noise and loud music. The piano music was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, Excellent Italian FoodTravelLoverDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Consistently good food, attentive but not intrusive service, and wonderful live piano playing which can be heard from the lounge area throughout the restaurant. The chef is Italian - from the enchanting Italian island if Sardinia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014one of our favorite restaurants! Always perfect!! Tried many things on the menu including specials always good! Great salads! Great martinis and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class dining experience!buffyDined on 8/15/2014The food and wine were outstanding, and the service was top notch. We ordered specials and items off the menu, and it was all excellent. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatiADined on 8/13/2014The service was awesome. The food was incredible. I highly recommend the chef's special charcuterie and cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The wait staff was helpful in making our selections made us feel special. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeMCReynoldsDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed our first experience here. Waiter was awesome and very knowledgable. Good food and great dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding evening with familyredearedsliderDined on 8/10/2014Went to Vesuvio with family and an out-of-town friend. Stellar food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationwillbegoingbackDined on 8/9/2014The perfect atmosphere to celebrate our 39th anniversary. The food and service over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedalwayslookingDined on 8/8/2014Considering this location was well known as a long standing average Mexican Restaurant, to dine with up scale surroundings, soft piano and wonderful service was only surpassed by marvelous food. We were very pleased with our experience.Special Features:
- Dark ShadowsZielatlastVIPDined on 8/1/2014First of all the food is very good I had halibut blah blah plus a fancy Greek salad, and some fancy lintel and potato soup. My dining partner said her pork loin and salad were very good. Her chocolate meltdown cake and gelato were kind of "chain" but still pretty good. Only a couple of picky complaints. One is that the restaurant was so dark. Our table was in a corner and was lit by a lil candle. . The noise+dark was odd. Next. Our waiters somewhat excessive concern about the portion size and calorie count. I am pretty sure we were under 1000 cal. For example he described the salad and soup asbboth being gigantic. The soup n salad were a lil grtr than avg. overall, very good food but the noise dark and waiter were an odd groove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites for dinner!TPACDined on 8/1/2014Vesuvio - one of my favs in LR! You don't want to miss the Zorba salad! Selection of pasta dishes is wonderful! The eggplant parmesan and lasagna are out of this world! The homemade pasta is marvelous! The service is always superb! Jacob provided wonderful service on this visit! But all the servers are very focused on each customer's experience being enjoyable - a terrific consistency for this establishment! The pianist in the bar area was very enjoyable! When we have 'official dinner functions' at work, this is often on the 'agenda' for dinner. If you're looking for excellent Italian cuisine and excellent service - look no further! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Tasty In The RockTastTDined on 8/1/2014Authentic, great tasting menu. Was not disappointed in anything we ordered. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphere.alexinlittlerockDined on 8/1/2014We ate here to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our server Nick was very professional and knowledgable and made some very helpful recommendations. The food was off the chart good and the piano in the background provided a luscious, relaxing, romantic ambience. The Sicilian owner came by each table to check on the guests. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!JmikeDined on 7/26/2014Great food, service and atmosphere! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern and Southern ItalianDesiDined on 7/26/2014If you do not mind spending a little extra for a wonderful romantic evening with a loved one, go to Vesuvio Bistro. A hidden Italian gem off of Rodney Parham. The food matches the romantic ambience.Special Features:
- Great food!mammyschoiceDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter was outstanding. The food was great, well prepared and presentation was lovely. We didn't have to wait long for service or our food. I will definitely be back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendation!VIPOTVIPDined on 7/14/2014One of my clients recommended this restaurant. Very good Italian food. I went with the cannelloni and a salad. Great wine list. Waiter knew all of the ingredients when I asked about the meat inside the cannelloni. He even recommended what I should have the next time, a pasta made inside of a cheese round. Sounds interesting!Special Features:
- Love this placeJoshpDined on 7/12/2014Great restaurant with a good wine list and knowledgeable staff. And not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.