Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (215)special occasion (178)romantic (115)hot spot (105)neighborhood gem (87)good for groups (87)notable wine list (80)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent Service Innovative GrilllschluterDined on 10/28/2014Vesta Dippling Grill proved an excellent choice to meet a business colleague for dinner. Everything we tried was exceptional. Remarkable creativity underlies this innovative menu, and that wine list is awesome. Our waiter had a breathtaking knowledge of the sauces. I wonder if their server training leads to a degree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touchNoisyPearlVIPDined on 10/26/2014Everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Each person wished our granddaughter happy birthday. Dinner was lovely.Special Features:
- Good and unique experiencemtdmdDined on 10/25/2014Had never tried a dipping venue and wasn't disappointed. Tried some of their non alcoholic drinks which seemed watered down. The platter dipping appetizer was diverse and delicious as well as the roasted garlic for the bread. We ordered the steak and pork loin and we're very pleased with the presentation and taste. The items were cooked to our liking and our water glasses never left empty. Will return when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014From the wine to the sauces to the perfectly-prepared entrees, this place is a favorite of ours for special occasions. A little pricey, so we can't go too often, but you wouldn't want to get 'used' to this place anyway... completely different and wonderful.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This place lived up to everybody's positive reviews. It even exceeded my expectations. Great atmosphere, mouth watering food, a little pricey but worth every dollar. This is now one of my favorite places and I can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014It was a very relaxing evening. The wine was good & the food was excellent. I would like to go back & try some different dips. We live approx. 100 miles East of Denver & it was worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were so impressed with our waiter. He answered all our question we had on all our meals, his recommendations were fabulous, the food was incredible. We were a few minutes late for our reservation and the hosts weren't the least bit annoyed with us as some restaurants/workers can be. I will recommend to ANYONE I know that is heading to Denver.Special Features:
- Great hostess, decent serviceGFNMDined on 10/17/2014Got a great table thanks to the hostess reading (and actually caring!) about my OpenTable-comment request. Service and recommendations were good, though the correct sauces were not delivered with the meal, and I was almost done eating before this was fixed. At a place where the sauces are the primary selling feature (and even part of the name), I was disappointed this took so much time and trouble to fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!MileHighDined on 10/16/2014Not only do they present a great menu, with a wide variety from which to choose, but service is excellent! Nick Knight is especially engaging and always has a warm smile, ready to welcome all customers. Nick is the reason we love to go to Vista. We have, and will continue to highly recommend Vista to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningMrchip56Dined on 10/14/2014From the staff to the look and feel of the room to the delicious food, our night at Vesta was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014If you love dipping sauces and well prepared meats and cheeses then this place is for you. I had the salmon and tried 4 of their dipping sauces, substituting a couple of my own choices from the chefs choices. Every sauce tasted great and the salmon was cooked to perfection, would absolutely recommend anyone to give Vesta a try for a special occasion or for a fun night out with some delicious food.Special Features:
- ReservationJonRDined on 10/10/2014I checked reservations on OpenTable and found that a 5:15 appointment was the only thing available until after 8. An early appointment was what we were looking for, but 5:15 was a little earlier than we wanted. When we left VDG after 7pm, there were still PLENTY of open tables available. Not sure what the problem was here, but if you depend on OpenTable for reservations, let's make sure it represents your availability.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodfrozenhockeymomDined on 10/4/2014I made reservations based on their Celiac/glutton free menus and recommendations from friends. Every course was delicious. We each tried a different entree to share and loved all of the sauces. Next time I will split my entree so I have more room for the yummy desserts.Special Features:
- Great food!NancyDined on 10/4/2014Best scallop dish I believe I have ever had! Everyone in the party was pleased with their selections as well.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for my girlfriendBirthdayreviewDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was accommodating to my requests that we have a romantic spot and even surprised us with birthday champagne. The good was excellent, the service was knowledgeable and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfies!LoneTreeDocDined on 10/4/2014Vestas always comes through for that special occasion! Always new sauces that are exciting and delicious along with the usual favorites. Our first choice for anniversaries or when special guests come to visit us.Special Features:
- Great experienceStefDined on 10/4/2014We had a large group, including two kids, and our whole dinner experience was great. The service was fantastic...very attentive and knowledgable servers, and the food arrived quickly. I was particularly impressed with the kids' meals. They were reasonably priced and the dinners included an appetizer, entree and dessert. The kids' food was very tasty also.Special Features:
- Best Serice EverVestaisawesomeDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I celebrated 16 years of marriage and decided to go back to Vesta Dipping Grill. It had been close to 2 years since we were there with friends and it has always ranked as one of my top 5 restaurants in Colorado. The service Friday night was the best we have EVER experienced and ANY restaurant. Nick Knight and his staff were exceptional and made our special dinner a fantastic experience. The food was as always incredible! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary dinner!AllAboutGreatFoodDined on 10/2/2014We tried Vesta Dipping Grill as a special treat for our anniversary dinner. Service was friendly, helpful, and very professional. When we complimented the food, our server said that the consistency of the kitchen makes his job easy...not something you hear very often. The food was flavorful, excellently prepared, and a lot of fun with the dipping sauce concept. We ordered dessert to go and the restaurant brought us a small complimentary treat as well - peanut butter cups with sea salt on top...delicious! Great ambiance and an overall wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenightoutDined on 10/1/2014I don't get downtown for dinner much, but when the 'boss' was in town we had a business dinner at everyone, including 4 locals who had never been, loved the place. Yea - win for me! They don't open until 5pm but there are plenty of nice bars for a pre-dinner drinks within a block.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFusdu1VIPDined on 9/29/2014First time in and we were not disappointed. Great old building with character and a menu to match. Service was just right and food was spectacular. Highly recommend for a date night or other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working on my bucket listBucketlistDined on 9/29/2014The food and service were excellent. Very expensive.Special Features:
- Delicious dipsSupperTomDined on 9/27/2014Dive into a delicious dining experience at Vesta Dipping Grill . Bite after bite dip after dip each taste is new and wonderful . You will be delighted by the romantic ambience and the unique flavors of this Denver hot spot.Special Features:
- Celebration Success!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We decided to celebrate our anniversary at Vesta (we like to try a different restaurant each time). The food and service did not disappoint. I do not think our server knew that it was our anniversary, but he was very attentive and fun. The food was amazing although the entrée was a bit oversized. That or we ordered too many appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeGreatFirstDateDined on 9/27/2014I took my wife to Vesta on our first date in 2001, and have been returning for anniversaries and special occasions for the past 13 years. Setting up the reservation online, I included the details and the wait staff did a great job of making us feel very special throughout the night. The ambiance is wonderful, and food is delicious. New menu items since our last visit were great to see, and eat. Highly recommend eating at Vesta Dipping Grill!Special Features:
- "best food ever in my mouth"MurphyDined on 9/27/2014Brought my dad here for his birthday and our entire party had an awesome dinner. My dad kept saying he had never had food more flavorful. It's perfect for a date or small get together, great ambiance, amazing food, EXCELLENT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlooooooowwwwwwwNew2DenverDined on 9/26/2014Good food, but very slow service. They must have said, "we will bring bread right out" 6 times and we must have asked for bread at least 8 times before any bread arrived. First glass of wine took about 20 min to arrive. We enjoyed the food and the sauces and the waitstaff were friendly, just extremely slow.
- Plesently Surprised!DipliciousDined on 9/26/2014Vesta Grill was a destination spot for my wife and I and it stood up to all expectations. Our waiter was one of the most knowledgable and kind waiters that we have every had at any establishment and I hope to have him wait on us WHEN we go back. Everything from the Pork Belly, to the Shrimp appetizers, to the succulent juicy chicken that my wife had, and the tender moist scallop that I enjoyed was top notch. It was not just the sauces, which were paired perfectly, but the food was cooked to perfection! I look forward to trying the Duck and the Tenderloin, and to see what kind of sauce will the chef pair it with on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceBenRDined on 9/26/2014This is a great way to experience lots of different flavors creatively put together by a great chef. Knowledgeable staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food and Service are wonderful. If you enjoy tuna, I highly recommend the Vespa Roll appetizer. We had pork and tenderloin. Just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceRachelDined on 9/22/2014Our waiter was knowledgeable on food and drinks and openly guided through the menu with favorites and recommendations which turned out to be great. Loved the pork loin and dipping sauces were a fun adventure. Beer was flat and quickly replaced with an alternative and explanation that there was an issue with the system and beer was on the house to make up from it. Would recommend this place and go again if I visit Denver again.Special Features:
- I was really happy with experienceRupertDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was really tasty. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drop the "dipping" partHungryForMoreVIPDined on 9/19/2014Vesta was delicious and I thoroughly enjoy every dish. Ironically, however, the weakest link was the dipping sauces. The venison I ordered was spectacular: Perfectly cooked and not a hint of gaminess. However, the sauces didn't add anything to the dish. In fact, it was better without them. The same seemed true of the other entrees at my table. I realize the dipping thing is part of the shtick but the food was better without it.Special Features:
- So so food expertly deliveredLo6824Dined on 9/19/2014I was very pleased with the service: attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. I was not so pleased with the food. We got the roasted summer vegetables, some of which were undercooked, some over cooked. The fennel jam was not a very good accent for the whole thing. We got the half roasted chicken. Decent, but the grains on the side were over-salted and buttered. Overall, attractive place and great employees but not the dining experience I was expecting.Special Features:
- Vesta Dipping - Great ExperienceTJDavisVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had dinner at Vesta and had a fabulous meal. The dipping sauces were varied and delicious and made the evening fun. Everyone tried each others' dishes (we had venison, duck, scallops, and tenderloin) and enjoyed discussing the merits of each one with the various dipping sauces. This is a great spot to have discussions about food. The cocktails were imaginative and the wine list extensive and well priced. My only criticism is that the dessert offerings did not match up to the quality of the dinners; however, that did not stop us from finishing every bite.Special Features:
- WonderfulTxfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed a great dinner for my moms birthday. Food was yummy and the service attentive. I highly recommend Vesta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vesta Dipping Grill A Denver GemScrapchicDined on 9/18/2014We took out of town friends to Vesta. It is a unique place, with a changing menu, and wonderful dipping sauces. Our company loved it, we had one vegan and she thought the tofu dish was fantastic. It is a bit expensive so we consider it for special occasions!Special Features:
- Happy to be BackGrandmaGoneWildDined on 9/17/2014It had been 8 years since we had come for dinner at the Vesta Dipping Grill. We came back this week with friends who had not been there for a number of years, as well. We both agreed the food was as good or better then we had remembered. Our server, Michael, was great! He was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. We had a great time and won't wait another 8 years to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service & Food.LSkinzDined on 9/16/2014Every employee that came in our path was beyond nice. They were friendly and professional and helpful. The food was really fresh and completely exceeded our expectations. I ordered the chicken, and my husband got the venison. That venison is SPECTACULAR! I do wish they served Happy Hour throughout the restaurant rather than the bar area only. It gives me a negative feeling about my experience. But that is the only critique I have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014One of the best restaurants in town hands down. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.