Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: (303) 296-1970
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (226)special occasion (185)romantic (118)hot spot (110)good for groups (97)neighborhood gem (82)notable wine list (81)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great evening at Vesta Dipping GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Although on the list for years, this was our first visit with company from Canada. Excellent choice! The staff was extremely hard working and knowledgeable. The food was uniformly delicious. Although noisy like most of the restaurants in this area, we could still hold a conversation. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- It was a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014It was a fun experience. We enjoyed picking three sauces. I would have liked if they asked after we got the sauces if there was any we didn't like and would want to switch. But overall the food was good and it was a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end dining in a casual atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014The service at Vesta from start to finish was outstanding, not overbearing but always at the ready when we were. Our server, Patrick, was very knowledgable about EVERYTHING on the menu. The noise level was perfect - we could easily carry on our conversation. The atmosphere is comfortable and casual without being too laid back so as to be sloppy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been while, won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Food was blah. Drinks were blah. Service was just ok. Ordered the ahi app which was supposed to be seared... cooked through. I had the pork, wife the tenderloin. Just ok and the dipping sauces were bland. Service was ok. Restaurant half full, we had a reservation for two. Despite many open tables, we were for some reason offered a table by the kitchen, then another by the wait station... odd. Waiter was ok, but getting drinks seemed to take a minute. Bar was not busy. Tried a couple of the specialty drinks, really boring.
- tazbergyDined on 11/15/2014Fantastic food, great staff. They were very accomodating when we told them we had show tickets.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014The food and service here is top noch. The food is unique and so delicious. The reason why I gave this place 4 stars because twice my meat was not cooked correctly. After the second time, I was so hungry that I ate it anyways but still tasty. The waiter gave us free dessert for it. I have been raving Vesta Dipping Grill to my friends for days. Will for sure return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My favorite restaurant in Denver. Been there five times. Each was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann1Ann1Dined on 11/13/2014Our server was outstanding - knowledgeable, interested, enthusiastic. Didn't hover but was there when we needed answers or service. He made the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Restaurant was loud and very small/narrow, tables are placed to close together. Food was delicious..... It has more of an urban feel... Not romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Wonderful service and food. They treated us very well and everyone loved their meal.Special Features:
- A very good and modern place to eatDonnyIVDined on 11/7/2014Located downtown in the city. Very vibrant and energetic. Great place to bring a date or group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedChrissyDined on 11/7/2014I was very disappointed. I ordered the special (rib eye steak) and it was horribly overcooked and dinky. The sauces were yummy. The service was excellent. It was way over priced for what we got.
- Tasty but ConfusingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Great space - nice aesthetic. Great service from all (wait staff and wine). Food was really good too but the dipping sauce thing didn't make ANY sense. We had the filet and the risotto fish dish. More details: Filet was perfectly cooked. Came with a wonderful red wine reduction and mushroom sauce which was appropriately poured over the meat. It also came with three dipping sauces. My question is this - with a really amazing red wine/mushroom sauce already complimenting (and covering) the steak, why have three added sauces? If slightly confused by sauces with the filet, I was dumbfounded by sauces with fish dish - a white fish with lobster risotto (perfect) and a saffron broth. NO WAY did this need a sauce! Silly!Special Features:
- Good, different mealJonInDallasDined on 11/6/2014Good and not great. Read many of the reviews on TripAdvisor and I think I was expecting a little more from the main meal. The pork belly appetizer was amazingly good, but the rest of the meal was just good. Really liked the dipping sauce idea and they have about 18 or so to choose from. The pork tenderloin was just too small, and the duck was scorched on the outside; generally ruining the flavor of the meat and dipping sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014This was advertised as romantic but the rock music (rolling stones) did not lend itself to what I'd consider a romantic spot. The attention from the staff and manager was exceptional. He offered us any recipe we wanted. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Vesta's Strength is in Its ServiceShopgirlDined on 11/5/2014Vesta Dipping Grill attracted me because of the volume of positive reviews on Yelp. While Vesta did a great job of making us feel welcome and having a tight system in place, I would have to say that for the amount being charged for a plate ($30-40) I was not that impressed. The portions were small. In restaurants I usually cannot finish a whole meal, but for the price, I was surprised at how small they were. I feel like Vesta could step it up a notch with their dishes. I feel they rely too heavily on their sauces and not the dishes themselves. Our server was warm and knowledgeable and the food runners as well. There seemed to be a good sense of comradery there, which is a huge part of the experience. Overall, a pretty good night.Special Features:
- Better shared with friends!BrilliantDined on 11/1/2014We have been here a couple times and enjoy the ambiance, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and great food. The general atmosphere encourages great conversation and laughter. Although it would be great for a romantic dinner, we always want to share with friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysCaptKirkDined on 10/30/2014We have been there multiple times and it is always excellent. My wife is celiac and it is the only restaurant we have ever been to that has a celiac menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!elgieVIPDined on 10/29/2014Awesome, as usual. Just very disappointed that the tuna entree was taken off the menu :-(Special Features:
- Loved everything, price a bit highDoverWineGuyDined on 10/29/2014An eclectic menu-I had the venison which was superb. The dipping sauce concept is fun and makes for a unique experience. Fantastic wine list. Service was great. Just thought the $30-$40 entree price was a tad high. Overall a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!KKBBVIPDined on 10/28/2014Fantastic food with many options for for seafood and steak lovers alike. The sauces add an element of fun and interesting flavors to accompany the meal. Recommended it to colleague and reserved him a table the next day and they took a group of 6 of our key oil and gas customers and they also raved about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service Innovative GrilllschluterDined on 10/28/2014Vesta Dippling Grill proved an excellent choice to meet a business colleague for dinner. Everything we tried was exceptional. Remarkable creativity underlies this innovative menu, and that wine list is awesome. Our waiter had a breathtaking knowledge of the sauces. I wonder if their server training leads to a degree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touchNoisyPearlVIPDined on 10/26/2014Everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Each person wished our granddaughter happy birthday. Dinner was lovely.Special Features:
- Outstanding!DrDHDined on 10/25/2014All of my experiences at Vesta Dipping Grill have been top notch! The food is out of this world and the service will blow you away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and unique experiencemtdmdDined on 10/25/2014Had never tried a dipping venue and wasn't disappointed. Tried some of their non alcoholic drinks which seemed watered down. The platter dipping appetizer was diverse and delicious as well as the roasted garlic for the bread. We ordered the steak and pork loin and we're very pleased with the presentation and taste. The items were cooked to our liking and our water glasses never left empty. Will return when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014From the wine to the sauces to the perfectly-prepared entrees, this place is a favorite of ours for special occasions. A little pricey, so we can't go too often, but you wouldn't want to get 'used' to this place anyway... completely different and wonderful.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!!!Passion4foodDined on 10/24/2014This place lived up to everybody's positive reviews. It even exceeded my expectations. Great atmosphere, mouth watering food, a little pricey but worth every dollar. This is now one of my favorite places and I can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014It was a very relaxing evening. The wine was good & the food was excellent. I would like to go back & try some different dips. We live approx. 100 miles East of Denver & it was worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were so impressed with our waiter. He answered all our question we had on all our meals, his recommendations were fabulous, the food was incredible. We were a few minutes late for our reservation and the hosts weren't the least bit annoyed with us as some restaurants/workers can be. I will recommend to ANYONE I know that is heading to Denver.Special Features:
- Great hostess, decent serviceGFNMDined on 10/17/2014Got a great table thanks to the hostess reading (and actually caring!) about my OpenTable-comment request. Service and recommendations were good, though the correct sauces were not delivered with the meal, and I was almost done eating before this was fixed. At a place where the sauces are the primary selling feature (and even part of the name), I was disappointed this took so much time and trouble to fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Love this place. The vegetarian option is always amazing and I'm not a vegetarian! I don't think we've ever had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!MileHighDined on 10/16/2014Not only do they present a great menu, with a wide variety from which to choose, but service is excellent! Nick Knight is especially engaging and always has a warm smile, ready to welcome all customers. Nick is the reason we love to go to Vista. We have, and will continue to highly recommend Vista to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningMrchip56Dined on 10/14/2014From the staff to the look and feel of the room to the delicious food, our night at Vesta was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014If you love dipping sauces and well prepared meats and cheeses then this place is for you. I had the salmon and tried 4 of their dipping sauces, substituting a couple of my own choices from the chefs choices. Every sauce tasted great and the salmon was cooked to perfection, would absolutely recommend anyone to give Vesta a try for a special occasion or for a fun night out with some delicious food.Special Features:
- ReservationJonRDined on 10/10/2014I checked reservations on OpenTable and found that a 5:15 appointment was the only thing available until after 8. An early appointment was what we were looking for, but 5:15 was a little earlier than we wanted. When we left VDG after 7pm, there were still PLENTY of open tables available. Not sure what the problem was here, but if you depend on OpenTable for reservations, let's make sure it represents your availability.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodfrozenhockeymomDined on 10/4/2014I made reservations based on their Celiac/glutton free menus and recommendations from friends. Every course was delicious. We each tried a different entree to share and loved all of the sauces. Next time I will split my entree so I have more room for the yummy desserts.Special Features:
- Great food!NancyDined on 10/4/2014Best scallop dish I believe I have ever had! Everyone in the party was pleased with their selections as well.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for my girlfriendBirthdayreviewDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was accommodating to my requests that we have a romantic spot and even surprised us with birthday champagne. The good was excellent, the service was knowledgeable and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfies!LoneTreeDocDined on 10/4/2014Vestas always comes through for that special occasion! Always new sauces that are exciting and delicious along with the usual favorites. Our first choice for anniversaries or when special guests come to visit us.Special Features:
- Great experienceStefDined on 10/4/2014We had a large group, including two kids, and our whole dinner experience was great. The service was fantastic...very attentive and knowledgable servers, and the food arrived quickly. I was particularly impressed with the kids' meals. They were reasonably priced and the dinners included an appetizer, entree and dessert. The kids' food was very tasty also.Special Features: