Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (217)special occasion (178)romantic (119)hot spot (98)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (80)notable wine list (77)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- What a find!IdinewithCPAsDined on 8/21/2014I went in a group of 9 people and everyone was delighted with their food and the whole experience. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and the food was delicious. Each entree has three suggested dipping sauces but you can add or change them if you wish. I had the venison and I highly recommend it; I added the sweet onion BBQ sauce and that was my favorite. Other meals that were enjoyed by my group were the scallops and the tenderloin. The appetizers we had were the pork belly, shrimp, and Vesta roll and all were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Dining ExperianceDaBBQDined on 8/20/2014This was my first time to Vesta and would recommend. The menu is full of great selections that can be served with a variety of sauces for dipping. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience!BestdatenighteverDined on 8/18/2014The Vesta Dipping Grill is a wonderful dining experience, with incredible food and an even better wait staff. My date and I were greeted by the manager when we entered, and they had specialized menus for a variety of dietary restrictions. The service was both prompt and thoughtful, with the manager coming by to check on me and my date, and the food was some of the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food & servicezyx1Dined on 8/17/2014The service was excellent. The server offered suggestions and brought different dipping sauces as requested. The seating, ordering, food delivery. and dish clearing were all very timely. We had several appetizers, main courses and desserts and they were all excellent. There was a good selection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and they were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousakb1987Dined on 8/16/2014I had heard great things about Vesta, but had to try it for myself. Typically I expect good food or good service, not both. But here, everyone from the bartender to the hostess, and our waitress, were all extremely helpful and friendly. The food was amazing, to boot. There is a wide variety and the sauces add a little something different to the experience at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing Sauce ParingstamacitaDined on 8/16/2014The dishes are amazing without the sauces and the sauces take it to a new level. I am one who would would like to have a little of everything on the menu and the sauces expand the tasting to 4 dishes with the sauces. The side dishes are as interesting and amazing as the main dish. We all agreed that the duck sausage appetizer was the best! The truffle flight desert was also interesting and surprising---one truffle was ice cream filled.Special Features:
- Welcoming staff!happydinerDined on 8/15/2014We were told there was a party scheduled soon after us and yet our waiter NEVER made us felt rushed. He was very relaxed and extremely helpful.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Unique approach to excellent choices. Pick your accents to accompany your entree. Knowledgable staff. Friendly atmosphere. All smiling faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RenaissanceManDined on 8/12/2014Went here on Tuesday 8/12/2014 5:30pm, tables were empty, even though I had a reservation. We had the place to ourselves so I expected good service...and Matt delivered! It was our first time there so we asked for his opinion on many of our choices. As Matt said, "You can't go wrong with any of the Entrees", and he was right! We got the sirloin tips (not on menu, was a special) and the Korean BBQ tofu....YES I said tofu. Both were out of this world, most notably with the 3 choices of dipping sauces that accompany each dish. We also got 2 dessert dishes and shared them, again fantastic! By the time we left 7pm tables were filling up, which I felt enhanced the ambiance. Total bill with tax and tip was $109. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday SupperGrey11ADined on 8/11/2014Definitely go on a Monday- the prefix menu changes each week and is affordable: $30 for appetizer, entree, and dessert-- additional $15 for a FULL glass of wine paring with each course! The Monday that we went, the prefix entree was hanger steak. It was cooked perfectly, but I found the portion size to be too much for a 3 course menu and could not finish the steak (but hey, we definitely got our bang for our buck!). Service was excellent, with each glass of wine coming out just before the next course. Try as many sauces as you can! They're all delicious!Special Features:
- Best wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Seriously good waiter. He anticipated ours needs and was great at the menu explanations. He was also kind and thoughtful of the children we had with us.Special Features:
- DeliciousMrsOllieDined on 8/9/2014We've been wanting to dine at Vesta for a while and just haven't, until now! Food was incredible! Service was great. Overall loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTLuvFineDiningDined on 8/8/2014Vesta is a dining, ambiance, and overall experience gem. My ultimate favorite. NEVER lacking a pleasant experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDeniseDDined on 8/6/2014We started with happy hour here and were pleased that the drinks were very reasonably priced and not a watered down version of their regularly priced drinks. The food was fantastic (we both had the BBQ tofu). I wish they'd had more vegetarian options as their menu is very meat-oriented. Nevertheless, the pita and dipping sauce was fantastic as was the bread and garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was highly recomnded by family.903450Dined on 8/2/2014We have heard about Vesta from several people over the years and my daughter gave us s gift card to go. The service was fantastic and the food and the drinks were exceptional. I will also recommend the Vesta to our friends. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great Place and Awesome Food!JaybirdDined on 8/2/2014Some people had told me this was a fondue place- but it is not and why I chose it! The food is incredible and dips that are served with it are amazing. I recommend this to anyone who wants and enjoyable and different eating experience. Awesome!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem on Blake stDenverfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I love Vesta - incredible fresh and innovative food and impeccable service. Worth every penny and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Our dinner was absolutely amazing. My husband is hard to impress and he raved!Special Features:
- Wonderful, unique dining experiencePescaDined on 7/30/2014Such an interesting menu--very original and everything we tried was perfectly executed. There were 4 of us and we had the duck (superb!), prawns, scallops, and salmon. Everyone loved their meal. The service was great and all of the server's recommendations were spot on. We finished with the heavenly pot de creme with salted caramel ice cream--fabulous! Nice chic casual atmosphere although a bit noisy for my taste. Love the brick walls. Our friends are gourmands from San Francisco and they loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Top all-around experiencePGC1740Dined on 7/29/2014Vesta is known as one of the top restaurants in Denver. It deserves that recognition with it's well curated menu, very professional staff, innovative drink menu, and great ambience. The food was balanced perfectly between interesting and approachable. The menu wasn't overly extensive, which in my mind is always a good sign, but each option was very unique. I usually can make up my mind within a minute or less of looking at a menu, but Vesta had such good options that I had to ask for a recommendation. The staff knows their food and drinks very well, and are both super professional and friendly. My wife and I went for our anniversary and it was definitely one of our top two-three dining experiences in Denver in the last six years.Special Features:
- Delicious and uniqueangie1327Dined on 7/27/2014I really enjoyed my experience at Vesta Dipping Grill! It was fun to try different sauces that are available and I wish I could have tasted them all! The shrimp appetizer was delicious and the sauces complemented it nicely. Our entrees were delicious and perfectly prepared - I definitely recommend the beef tenderloin. The presentation alone was fantastic and the food tasted as beautiful as it looked! I was really appreciative to the informative and friendly staff as well. My only complaint is that I don't live closer, but certainly the next time I'm in Denver, I will be dining here again! What a fantastic treat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Great happy hour. Went out for a quick dinner before a show and it was busy and energetic even on Sunday night. Great location, excellent food and service...had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget the peanut buttercardio1Dined on 7/26/2014Parking can be a challenge, especially on a baseball night, but can be found within a block. The menu is predominantly locally sourced, and what is not local is unique to this restaurant. Changing with the seasons, you may not find what I had, but it will be excellent. A tuna roll, toasted uniquely, with great sauces. Venison, perfectly cooked, accompanied by the chef's choices of sauces to which you can add your own selections. Outstanding! Ah, the peanut butter truffle. Diet tomorrow and have the flight of 3 truffles made in house. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Once again FANTASTICdowntowndinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014What a perfect night, showed up a few minutes early and saw our requested table sitting there waiting for us. Perfect way to start a perfect evening! Great food and great service. The birthday women were quite happy!!Special Features:
- For the dippersbboo1182Dined on 7/25/2014It's been 7 years since I've been there and it was just as good as the first time. It's still too loud in there and I remembered that too. Our server knew the sauces inside and out and that just added to the experience. It think it was a little pricey for portion given but the food was really tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonuVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time we've dined at Vesta Dipping Grill....what a treat! I ordered the pork chop which came with 3 sauces - loved the chutney. All 3 meals were spectacular. Shared a dessert with my husband - the bread like pudding - delicious and it also came with 3 dipping sauces. Our nephew enjoyed the flourless chocolate cake. We'll be back......Tim, our wait staff was great. Explained everything to us and made suggestions when asked.Special Features:
- Denver has finally grown up!rfmomof3Dined on 7/24/2014Haven't been in Denver in 20 years. Was overjoyed to find a first class meal in which the food stood all on its own, even without the excellent dipping sauces! Glad to see Denver has finally joined some world class cooking venues.Vesta is a pleasant departure from all of the chain food eating places in Denver. The caramel apple dessert is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New for us, great find!MediusDined on 7/20/2014We are in town for business trip and found Vesta using Open Table. What a great find this was! Ambiance was industrial, but warm and inviting. Energy level was high for a Sunday evening, but we were provided a nice romantic spot up front which was much more quiet. Food was well prepared and presented. The flavors were incredible. The chef recommended dipping sauces were spot on, but you can always experiment as well which was nice. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu and the different combinations that can be paired with the various menu choices. The Chicken and Venison were full of flavor, very savory. We will definitely come back to Vesta for our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EVER!megkatDined on 7/19/2014The service was amazing, the meal was better. Thank you for a great experience. We have already recommended this restaurant to 15 friends and family.Special Features:
- went for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We Weren't Sure What To Expect But Each Bite Was Packed With Flavor. A Little Expensive But Would Definitely Do It Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip away!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Love this place. Can't say enough good things about it. Went there with 2 other people, one works for a very well known country band. He loved it. To my surprise, other band members were there as well without them communicating with each about it. That says a lot! The complimentary peanut butter cups at the end of the meal were the MOST WONDERFUL AND DECADENT PIECE OF CHOCOLATE I've ever had! Amazing.Special Features:
- best in denverFavoriteDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I cant find a place nearly as delicious and woth the same atmosphere and service. We gave been coming here for over 10 years and we have never once left unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Vesta was one of the first restaurants I came to when I moved here over 13 years ago and it is still around, there is a reason for that. Every time I have been there since it has been delicious and worth the higher price tag. The scallops were mouth watering and cooked to perfection. My only complaint was our server:/ It took 25 minutes for us to get our first round of drinks after ordering them! The other girls in our party who got there shortly before us were finished with their first round by the time we had our first. All 7 of us had clean plates if that tells you anything. The creme brulee was amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteBhaylu7Dined on 7/12/2014This is our new favorite special occasion restaurant. Incredible food, incredibly knowledgeable and patient servers. I consider it to be pricey ($125 with 20% tip for dinner and drinks for two) but what you're paying for is impeccable service, delectable food, and incredible knowledge of the entire staff (when I asked for a gluten free menu, they asked if I needed the GF menu or the *CELIAC* menu - that they even have one is impressive, that they know the difference and care to ask blew me away). Drinks, food and decor were creative yet relaxed. Getting the reservation was worth it, since the place was totally full when we got there.Special Features:
- Outstanding service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Vesta Dipping Grill - it's a fun place with delicious food and our waiter, Tim, was fantastic. He made excellent suggestions for both food and wine; excellent service.Special Features:
- Oustanding!TrulySatisfiedDined on 7/11/2014This was our second visit to Vesta Dipping Grill and were impressed yet again. Our waiter, Michael, was attentive, funny and thorough. We were celebrating a birthday and all night special chef inspired surprises showed up at the table for us all to try, at no charge of course. There is a different menu each season so we will definitely be return to experience them all. It is a bit loud in the restaurant, as it is very open, but you can tell everyone is having a wonderful dining experience. On Friday and Saturday nights the restaurant has established an arrangement with a local parking garage (check for the name on line) and validates your parking ticket down to $5. Just show your parking ticket to your waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service LackingKissaVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had the pork belly small plate and it was so tender that it practically melted in my mouth. We also had the skuna bay salmon entree and the duck. Both were flavorful and perfectly cooked. Finally, we had the vesta roll, which was also tasty but did not come out until we received our entrees. Which brings me to the downside of our visit-the service. He seemed to forget everything or just not be listening. I ordered a bottle of wine and he brought two glasses of wine. He didn't hear us when we ordered the vesta roll so we had to order it later and it didn't come out until our entrees. Then he forgot our desert wine and eventually a host delivered it. Great food, not so great service. But we will probably give it another try.Special Features:
- Jesse was excellentbirthdaygirlsDined on 7/9/2014From the moment we walked in, everything was perfect. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarDespDined on 7/5/2014Each course was phenomenal. Definitely try the pork belly small plate, it melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Had a fabulous time. We were celebrating a birthday. The food was outstanding and we had wonderful service. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.