Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (210)special occasion (177)romantic (120)hot spot (98)good for groups (83)neighborhood gem (83)notable wine list (76)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious dipsSupperTomDined on 9/27/2014Dive into a delicious dining experience at Vesta Dipping Grill . Bite after bite dip after dip each taste is new and wonderful . You will be delighted by the romantic ambience and the unique flavors of this Denver hot spot.Special Features:
- Celebration Success!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We decided to celebrate our anniversary at Vesta (we like to try a different restaurant each time). The food and service did not disappoint. I do not think our server knew that it was our anniversary, but he was very attentive and fun. The food was amazing although the entrée was a bit oversized. That or we ordered too many appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeGreatFirstDateDined on 9/27/2014I took my wife to Vesta on our first date in 2001, and have been returning for anniversaries and special occasions for the past 13 years. Setting up the reservation online, I included the details and the wait staff did a great job of making us feel very special throughout the night. The ambiance is wonderful, and food is delicious. New menu items since our last visit were great to see, and eat. Highly recommend eating at Vesta Dipping Grill!Special Features:
- "best food ever in my mouth"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Brought my dad here for his birthday and our entire party had an awesome dinner. My dad kept saying he had never had food more flavorful. It's perfect for a date or small get together, great ambiance, amazing food, EXCELLENT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlooooooowwwwwwwNew2DenverDined on 9/26/2014Good food, but very slow service. They must have said, "we will bring bread right out" 6 times and we must have asked for bread at least 8 times before any bread arrived. First glass of wine took about 20 min to arrive. We enjoyed the food and the sauces and the waitstaff were friendly, just extremely slow.
- Plesently Surprised!DipliciousDined on 9/26/2014Vesta Grill was a destination spot for my wife and I and it stood up to all expectations. Our waiter was one of the most knowledgable and kind waiters that we have every had at any establishment and I hope to have him wait on us WHEN we go back. Everything from the Pork Belly, to the Shrimp appetizers, to the succulent juicy chicken that my wife had, and the tender moist scallop that I enjoyed was top notch. It was not just the sauces, which were paired perfectly, but the food was cooked to perfection! I look forward to trying the Duck and the Tenderloin, and to see what kind of sauce will the chef pair it with on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceBenRDined on 9/26/2014This is a great way to experience lots of different flavors creatively put together by a great chef. Knowledgeable staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food and Service are wonderful. If you enjoy tuna, I highly recommend the Vespa Roll appetizer. We had pork and tenderloin. Just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceRachelDined on 9/22/2014Our waiter was knowledgeable on food and drinks and openly guided through the menu with favorites and recommendations which turned out to be great. Loved the pork loin and dipping sauces were a fun adventure. Beer was flat and quickly replaced with an alternative and explanation that there was an issue with the system and beer was on the house to make up from it. Would recommend this place and go again if I visit Denver again.Special Features:
- I was really happy with experienceRupertDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was really tasty. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drop the "dipping" partHungryForMoreVIPDined on 9/19/2014Vesta was delicious and I thoroughly enjoy every dish. Ironically, however, the weakest link was the dipping sauces. The venison I ordered was spectacular: Perfectly cooked and not a hint of gaminess. However, the sauces didn't add anything to the dish. In fact, it was better without them. The same seemed true of the other entrees at my table. I realize the dipping thing is part of the shtick but the food was better without it.Special Features:
- So so food expertly deliveredLo6824Dined on 9/19/2014I was very pleased with the service: attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. I was not so pleased with the food. We got the roasted summer vegetables, some of which were undercooked, some over cooked. The fennel jam was not a very good accent for the whole thing. We got the half roasted chicken. Decent, but the grains on the side were over-salted and buttered. Overall, attractive place and great employees but not the dining experience I was expecting.Special Features:
- Vesta Dipping - Great ExperienceTJDavisVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had dinner at Vesta and had a fabulous meal. The dipping sauces were varied and delicious and made the evening fun. Everyone tried each others' dishes (we had venison, duck, scallops, and tenderloin) and enjoyed discussing the merits of each one with the various dipping sauces. This is a great spot to have discussions about food. The cocktails were imaginative and the wine list extensive and well priced. My only criticism is that the dessert offerings did not match up to the quality of the dinners; however, that did not stop us from finishing every bite.Special Features:
- WonderfulTxfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed a great dinner for my moms birthday. Food was yummy and the service attentive. I highly recommend Vesta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vesta Dipping Grill A Denver GemScrapchicDined on 9/18/2014We took out of town friends to Vesta. It is a unique place, with a changing menu, and wonderful dipping sauces. Our company loved it, we had one vegan and she thought the tofu dish was fantastic. It is a bit expensive so we consider it for special occasions!Special Features:
- Happy to be BackGrandmaGoneWildDined on 9/17/2014It had been 8 years since we had come for dinner at the Vesta Dipping Grill. We came back this week with friends who had not been there for a number of years, as well. We both agreed the food was as good or better then we had remembered. Our server, Michael, was great! He was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. We had a great time and won't wait another 8 years to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service & Food.LSkinzDined on 9/16/2014Every employee that came in our path was beyond nice. They were friendly and professional and helpful. The food was really fresh and completely exceeded our expectations. I ordered the chicken, and my husband got the venison. That venison is SPECTACULAR! I do wish they served Happy Hour throughout the restaurant rather than the bar area only. It gives me a negative feeling about my experience. But that is the only critique I have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014One of the best restaurants in town hands down. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Anniversary!TastingDENVERDined on 9/15/2014We went for our 2nd anniversary and I couldn't be more grateful for Vesta Dipping Grill's hospitality! The host was incredible, everyone was so determined to show us a great experience, and went above and beyond. From champagne to additional dipping sauces to dessert, we were pampered and acknowledged for our anniversary celebrations which made it a very memorable dinner. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!caligirlDined on 9/14/2014Our anniversary dinner at Vesta was an incredible experience! From the moment we walked in we got personalized service from the host, our waiter and even the manager. All wished us a happy anniversary and really made us feel special. We started the evening with champagne, compliments of the restaurant and the meal progressed into one of the meals we've had. We've eaten here many time and have loved it every time, but this particular night was outstanding!Special Features:
- First time. Loved it!mdweidDined on 9/14/2014Excellent! Great service. Atmosphere perfect. Staff very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodlordDined on 9/13/2014Everything we hoped for and better. Food 10/10. Almost felt guilty dipping my venison in sauces. It was cooked to perfection. My wife had the filet and it was spot on. She loved the mashed potatoes. Dessert was again excellent. We went for our anniversary and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere was great and we had a good time with our group of six. The only thing was we saw down at 6:30 and didn't have our entrees until like 8:30. Our waiter was slow in finally taking our order. Luckily we had ordered a couple of appetizers so we weren't starving.Special Features:
- OverratedBigDaddyTDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant was highly overrated and overpriced. We dined for our ten year anniversary with the impression that it was a romantic spot, not the case. We were so close to other tables we could touch and the noise level was almost comparable to a bar. Not to mention the food was extremely overpriced. $40 dollars for a filet of butterfish or a beef tenderloin would be okay, had we not had to yell to tell eachother we could've gotten the same meal at outback steakhouse. Hate to even complain because I normally don't, but to pay $150 and wish you jad went somewhere else sucks. Don't recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Husband in heaven!AnnaAceDined on 9/12/2014Great service, there was a whole army of friendly waitstaff ready to please at every turn. The pork-belly app was the first taste of heaven, complex burst of flavors in one mouthful, do try! We were offered samples to be sure we found the right wines. The venison was a winning entree, don't even worry about game taste, this is marinated in buttermilk first and the cherry sauce is amazing. Pairing it with pommes frites is perfection, the textures are right on. I didn't dig the beef tenderloin, even with sauces. The side sauces added little to the experience, and I am a condiment sampling fanatic... Not sure if this is a compliment to the food or a knock to the sauces... But flourless cake and truffles were great with dessert sauces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputation1294gabbyDined on 9/7/2014Had a wonderful time. Food and service was exceptional. As a first timer, menu and sauces explained thoroughly. Ambiance is unique. Had heard so many good things, definitely lived up to its reputation. Plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimbDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our scallops and venison. The dipping sauces were an entertaining twist on good but not exceptional dishes. The service was great but overall I felt like the staff was more impressed with the place than I was.
- Another home runDenverIsYummyDined on 9/6/2014This trip to Vesta just underlined why this is my favorite restaurant in Denver. The meal was outstanding. The only negative to meal was the salmon tartar. Surprisingly, it was bland. However, the ponzu shrimp and house made pasta appetizers more than made up for the lack of flavor in the salmon. The scallops were perfection as was the duck. Yummy yummy yummy.Special Features:
- Anniversary1234Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant, food and staff were lovely. We felt "packed like sardines" in our tiny, two top, in the back, however. The walk from the parking garage and back was "homeless-drunk person meets Frogger", unfortunately. Everything else was great. The food and wait-staff were absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- A great dining experienceLuv2dineDined on 9/5/2014I went to Vesta Dipping Grill with my family that included two young children. The food was great, the service was exceptional, and we felt right at home with the children. Many restaurants of this calibre will not even allow young (6&4) children to dine there but they were welcome and we were all treated great. I would recommend Vesta Dipping Grill for anyone that would like a high end dining experience and wants to take the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best venison I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014I grew up in the mid-west eating venison. Mom never made it like this! My wife ordered multiple side dishes. The vesta rolls were excellent and she enjoyed the salmon tartare. The duck sausage wasn't bad as good as I had hoped. Overall, we were very satisfied. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerSLM22Dined on 8/30/2014We visited Vesta Dipping Grill several years ago and have meant to come back several times. I love that Vesta Dipping Grill has a seasonal menu, gluten-free menu and a celiac menu. I needed the celiac menu. I really felt comfortable with placing my order with the waiter because he was very knowledgeable about the celiac menu and was able to help my tailor my meal and may it perfect for me. THANK YOU! Thank you for going above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was great... Really great... The food was creative and delicious. I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BittersweetGritsnGlamourDined on 8/29/2014Sean our server was amazing! Restuarant is a little loud so we did have a hard time hearing one another. Food was amazing except the flat iron steak and I didn't quite get along later that night....I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LITTLE DIP WILL DO YA2Chicks1BucketDined on 8/29/2014To quote Mr. Christopher Walken, "Wow! Wowwy, wow!" Everyone in our party agreed Vesta was a great experience! We give Vesta Dipping Grill the coveted golden SPOON! Vesta is a wonderful place and we cannot wait go back. For those that are budget conscious we want to mention the Monday Supper at Vesta Dipping Grill. For $30 you get three courses and they offer a wine pairing for just $15 more. The menu changes every week so be sure to take a look at their Facebook page. Read our entire blog for this restaurant at - http://2chicks1bucket.blogspot.com/2014/09/vesta-dipping-grill.htmlSpecial Features:
- One of my favorites!303eatsDined on 8/29/2014Vesta Dipping Grill brings a lot to the table. Every year, I return to Vesta for Denver Restaurant Week despite my desire to change it up. The food is always perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned and perfectly unique. You might also get lucky and get's a chef's taste which is always a delightful small tasting of something that will rock your tastebuds. Low lights, faux candles, a very professional and fun staff, and an upbeat atmosphere make this the place to be... especially on a Monday night when they do $30 three-course meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening out.ParkerResidentDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time at Vesta Dipping grill. We have had many recommendations and finally were able to dine here. We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu. Both of the entree's were very good, as was the appetizer and desert. The service was top notch and very attentive. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- One of Denver's BestSFortierDenverDined on 8/28/2014I have been to Vesta before and was certain this was a stopping point for restaurant week. I was SO right! The restaurant week menu was impressive, our waiter was a gem and the wine pairings were spot on. I ordered the heirloom tomato appetizer and it has completely changed my opinion of raw tomatoes. I appreciate the concept of Vesta - perhaps because I love sauces. Expect delicious, well-crafted food that teaches you just how good food can be!Special Features:
- HonuVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were there during Restaurant Week - good three course meal - had choices. Ordered the pork tenderloin - delicious. Didn't care much for the dipping sauces but was able to get other sauces to my liking. My husband ordered the fish - good size piece of white fish - also delicious. Will be returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014The food is exceptionally tasty with a unique blend of flavors and truly outstanding selection of delicious sauces to try with the properly grilled meats and vegetables. The wines paired with the meals were excellent and set off the flavors in each dish beautifully. Our server was attentive, understood the menu, and was able to recommend his favorite dishes.Special Features: