Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (198)special occasion (185)romantic (120)good for groups (88)hot spot (87)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (74)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was great... Really great... The food was creative and delicious. I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BittersweetGritsnGlamourDined on 8/29/2014Sean our server was amazing! Restuarant is a little loud so we did have a hard time hearing one another. Food was amazing except the flat iron steak and I didn't quite get along later that night....I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Vesta Dipping Grill brings a lot to the table. Every year, I return to Vesta for Denver Restaurant Week despite my desire to change it up. The food is always perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned and perfectly unique. You might also get lucky and get's a chef's taste which is always a delightful small tasting of something that will rock your tastebuds. Low lights, faux candles, a very professional and fun staff, and an upbeat atmosphere make this the place to be... especially on a Monday night when they do $30 three-course meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening out.ParkerResidentDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time at Vesta Dipping grill. We have had many recommendations and finally were able to dine here. We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu. Both of the entree's were very good, as was the appetizer and desert. The service was top notch and very attentive. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- One of Denver's BestSFortierDenverDined on 8/28/2014I have been to Vesta before and was certain this was a stopping point for restaurant week. I was SO right! The restaurant week menu was impressive, our waiter was a gem and the wine pairings were spot on. I ordered the heirloom tomato appetizer and it has completely changed my opinion of raw tomatoes. I appreciate the concept of Vesta - perhaps because I love sauces. Expect delicious, well-crafted food that teaches you just how good food can be!Special Features:
- HonuVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were there during Restaurant Week - good three course meal - had choices. Ordered the pork tenderloin - delicious. Didn't care much for the dipping sauces but was able to get other sauces to my liking. My husband ordered the fish - good size piece of white fish - also delicious. Will be returning.Special Features:
- Stellar service and varied tastesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A date and I went to Vesta for the 30 dollar Restaurant Week menu. The host and hostess who greeted us were cheery and polite. We grabbed a drink from an attentive bartender and took in the beautiful restaurant. The food was very good. I had a heirloom tomato salad (amazingly done), a yellowtail fillet (very good, but not exceptional), and ice cream sandwiches for desert (excellent). The real highlight of Vesta is the varied sauces, and I'm sure during "regular" dining the food is even better than restaurant week. I can't stress enough the quality of the staff- they filled the restaurant with a great energy and really added to the experience. On Mondays they do a 30 dollar tasting menu (+15 for wine pairings), we will be going back.Special Features:
- Vesta Festa!WineNdineMeDined on 8/27/2014Above all else, you absolutely must have the Pork Belly Bites!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love Vesta!DinningwbabyDined on 8/26/2014Vesta is an amazing place to go for a special occasion meal or anytime if you have the funds! We LOVE going for restaurant week, where the $30 menu and $15 wine pairing are very affordable. We are thrilled to find out they do the same idea every Monday evening - so that will be an awesome date night in the future! You must get reservations, and check back often because they do open up. Its busy & fun every night of the week! Try the wacky apple - a wonderful treat even if you're just in for one of their AMAZING cocktails or wine!Special Features:
- Food is good but wine is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014We were a table of 4 on Tuesday night, and had a great night out. The service was good, food very good, but the outstanding part was the wine list and the knowledge of the sommelier. He really made the night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was great, went for rest week and great fixed menu. Food took a while to get to us but everything was good overall. Good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great wine selection, and fun to sample different dipping sauces together with our meals. Steak was so amazing, but dessert wasn't in the same level unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vesta is greatdogrobberDined on 8/26/2014This was our third visit to the Vesta Dipping Grill and it won't be our last. The service was excellent, the food superior and the evening was a blast. Top dining in downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014First visit, for Restaurant Week, and very satisfied. Good choices for all 3 courses and enough food for a decent meal. Staff were very courteous, attending to any need. Host, Bar Tender, each of the Wait Staff we encountered, and the Staff that helped validate parking when we were the very last to leave. Thank you for a great experience! Highly recommended to others and hope to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodieDined on 8/25/2014We've always wanted to try best to Vesta Dipping Grill and are very glad that we did. We decided to try it for the summer 2014 restaurant week and we were delighted to find their portions were not the "mini" versions that might normally be served, but full-size portions. The food was spectacular and beautifully presented and we enjoyed every morsel. The service was impeccable. The waitstaff was unobtrusive but extremely attentive. The manager, as well as the owner, came over to introduce themselves which was a very nice touch. I would highly recommend a trip to the restaurant – you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- AWESOME SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It has been a long time since we have excellent service and were made to feel very special. The food was fabulous too! Would love to have the chocolate cookie recipe for the chocolate ice cream sandwiches. They were wonderful. Definitely will recommend to others and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!!!BillybobVIPDined on 8/25/2014The dipping sauces for the pork were spicey and suited the pors well. Service was extremely good also.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The fixed price menu (3 course/$30) was very good. There were four of us, and we sampled many dishes. Also choice the wine pairings ($15) which were good choices. We went early (5:00 PM) and the restaurant filled up fast. We'll go back for sure - they offer a fixed price menu every Monday evening. Interesting cocktail list too.Special Features:
- Great service.aaaaDined on 8/24/2014great service. great ambience. good food. lots of variety in dips, however this prevents the development in flavor of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was our 5th time there and it never disappoints. Food is always excellent, as is the service. Only restaurant that not only has a gluten free menu, but has a celiacs menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great food and atmosphere! We had a great time! Our waiter was wonderful-had a lot of fun with him! Make sure to try the white sangria! We will definitely be back! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Absolutely blown away by the service. Responsive to our needs without being overbearing. Took time to explain, as it was our first time. Treated my 10 year old with great respect and made him feel like a big guy.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I have always heard phenomenal things about this place so I decided to check it out for restaurant week. The shrimp and grits app was amazing and had great flavor; however, my entree choice was less then decent. I ordered the Korean Tofu with jasmine rice. The rice actually tasted a lot like the grits, it was watered down and soggy, and the tofu was burnt on the outside and super soft on the inside which made it really hard to cut through because it would crumble. My boyfriends pork tenderloin entree on the other hand was delicious. For dessert I got the ice cream sandwich and he ordered the peaches and creme float. His was delicious, but the cookies on mine were paper thin and tasted strongly of baking soda. I probably wont return.Special Features:
- WonderfulImhungryDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 10 for dinner at Vista on a Sarurday night durning restaurant week. I was very impressed with everything about the restaurant. Knowledgeable staff, even with one in our party who has a sever gulten allergy. Extremely attentive, they where on it when we needed anything. The food, was amazing. Meat that melted in your mouth, and sauces that where perfect compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vestpa Dipping GrillHandsomeSonnyDined on 8/23/2014One word. Fantastic!!!!!!! Take someone,or go alone... You will enjoy the experience,as well as the Fine,yes,Fine Dining!!!!!Special Features:
- Food was amazingAVanDined on 8/23/2014We had a group of six, it was our first experience for all of us. The food was exceptional, even being from the restaurant week menu (often mass produced). The server was helpful and polite for almost the entire meal. We asked to have our bill divided by couples, apparently that meant if he couldn't remember who to charge it to, he added it to my tab. He didn't even come back to see if it was correct. We did not have a chance to correct the bill, management was ushering us out the door because they had people waiting for our table. We paid an additional $60 because of his mistake and had no time to finish our coffee. Perhaps if it didn't take 15+ minutes between courses we would have been done sooner.Special Features:
- SUPERB!luvitalyVIPDined on 8/23/2014There is nothing about our experience that could have been better. The wine pairings were spot on, food was excellent and service was attentive and engaging. Worth every penny!Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014One of the best meals in Denver in the past year. My duck was extraordinary, and the chicken was described as the best restaurant chicken ever eaten.Special Features:
- Top Shelf Food & ServiceCEK1961Dined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening with out-of-town friends at Vesta. Food was great....dips are clever and delicious. Wine list was extensive. However what really stood out was the table service. Numerous people came by to check on us, clear plates, bring coffee - all did so with grace and ease. They were unobtrusive, but exceedingly helpful. Haven't found service like this in quite a while. Great food & service. Well done!Special Features:
- Excellent!BBenderDined on 8/21/2014Great selection of meats and sauces. I tend to be a critic of quality and Vesta did not disappoint! I tried a bit of everyones - scallops were the best I've ever had, salmon was cooked to silky perfection and enjoyed peanut and siracha sauces, and shrimp was excellent as well with amazing flavored hummus! The meat and cheese place was tasty and generous and everyone was fighting for the appetizer of shrimp with the ponzu. It was definitely a treat and I will go back if I find myself in Denver again.Special Features:
- What a find!IdinewithCPAsDined on 8/21/2014I went in a group of 9 people and everyone was delighted with their food and the whole experience. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and the food was delicious. Each entree has three suggested dipping sauces but you can add or change them if you wish. I had the venison and I highly recommend it; I added the sweet onion BBQ sauce and that was my favorite. Other meals that were enjoyed by my group were the scallops and the tenderloin. The appetizers we had were the pork belly, shrimp, and Vesta roll and all were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Dining ExperianceDaBBQDined on 8/20/2014This was my first time to Vesta and would recommend. The menu is full of great selections that can be served with a variety of sauces for dipping. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience!BestdatenighteverDined on 8/18/2014The Vesta Dipping Grill is a wonderful dining experience, with incredible food and an even better wait staff. My date and I were greeted by the manager when we entered, and they had specialized menus for a variety of dietary restrictions. The service was both prompt and thoughtful, with the manager coming by to check on me and my date, and the food was some of the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food & servicezyx1Dined on 8/17/2014The service was excellent. The server offered suggestions and brought different dipping sauces as requested. The seating, ordering, food delivery. and dish clearing were all very timely. We had several appetizers, main courses and desserts and they were all excellent. There was a good selection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and they were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousakb1987Dined on 8/16/2014I had heard great things about Vesta, but had to try it for myself. Typically I expect good food or good service, not both. But here, everyone from the bartender to the hostess, and our waitress, were all extremely helpful and friendly. The food was amazing, to boot. There is a wide variety and the sauces add a little something different to the experience at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing Sauce ParingstamacitaDined on 8/16/2014The dishes are amazing without the sauces and the sauces take it to a new level. I am one who would would like to have a little of everything on the menu and the sauces expand the tasting to 4 dishes with the sauces. The side dishes are as interesting and amazing as the main dish. We all agreed that the duck sausage appetizer was the best! The truffle flight desert was also interesting and surprising---one truffle was ice cream filled.Special Features:
- Welcoming staff!happydinerDined on 8/15/2014We were told there was a party scheduled soon after us and yet our waiter NEVER made us felt rushed. He was very relaxed and extremely helpful.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Unique approach to excellent choices. Pick your accents to accompany your entree. Knowledgable staff. Friendly atmosphere. All smiling faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RenaissanceManDined on 8/12/2014Went here on Tuesday 8/12/2014 5:30pm, tables were empty, even though I had a reservation. We had the place to ourselves so I expected good service...and Matt delivered! It was our first time there so we asked for his opinion on many of our choices. As Matt said, "You can't go wrong with any of the Entrees", and he was right! We got the sirloin tips (not on menu, was a special) and the Korean BBQ tofu....YES I said tofu. Both were out of this world, most notably with the 3 choices of dipping sauces that accompany each dish. We also got 2 dessert dishes and shared them, again fantastic! By the time we left 7pm tables were filling up, which I felt enhanced the ambiance. Total bill with tax and tip was $109. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday SupperGrey11ADined on 8/11/2014Definitely go on a Monday- the prefix menu changes each week and is affordable: $30 for appetizer, entree, and dessert-- additional $15 for a FULL glass of wine paring with each course! The Monday that we went, the prefix entree was hanger steak. It was cooked perfectly, but I found the portion size to be too much for a 3 course menu and could not finish the steak (but hey, we definitely got our bang for our buck!). Service was excellent, with each glass of wine coming out just before the next course. Try as many sauces as you can! They're all delicious!Special Features: