4001 County Rd. 25
St. Louis Park, MN 55416Neighborhood:
St. Louis Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vescios.com/
- Phone: (952) 920-0733
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday 11am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Closed July 4th and Opening at 4:30 on Saturday July 5th
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fred Vescio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vescio's Cucina offers personalized catering service from our entire menu. American dishes and other items are available upon request. Caterings can be simple (drop-offs) in disposable aluminum pans to full service caterings with serving staff. Please contact Fred Vescio or Jon Vescio at 952-920-0733 to personalize your catering.
- Special Events: 50% off select wines Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
50% off rigatoni & spaghetti on Saturdays 11-4.
A word from Vescio's Cucina
Over 50 years ago Frank T. Vescio and his wife Charlotte founded Vescio's Originale in Dinkytown on the U of M campus. In 1983 the family expanded to the Uptown area in St. Louis Park and opened Vescio's Cucina. Frank, a second generation Italian from the southern Calabria region in Italy, spent many years with his mother, Teresa (Liz) Vescio, cooking and creating in the kitchen. The Vescios love of family, authentic Italian cooking, and tradition is still with us today as 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations of Vescios are carrying on the dreams and values of Frank T. Vescio. We hope you enjoy our family recipes for Italian sausage, meatballs, braciole, sauces, dressings, and pastas. We hand prepare our dishes which contain the freshest ingredients. Vescio's Cucina features homemade Italian dishes in a casual atmosphere. Our full menu is available for take-out as well as personalized catering services. Treasure your family, honor your heritage, and savor your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vescio's Cucina - Best Restaurants in St. Louis Park ›
Vescio's Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Italian!SpellyVIPDined on 9/1/2012We sat on the patio...beautiful day! Great server and the food was outstanding. The lunch special of lasagna and antipasto salad was so big I took some home. We would highly recommend Vescio's!Special Features:
- There are MUCH better options...krueVIPDined on 8/3/2012We were looking for an old fashioned traditional Italian restaurant to carb load before a long bike ride and chose this place. Salads were tasteless and limp. Traditional main courses were passable, but my husband and I chose more expensive entrees that were horrible - swimming in butter, but without any sign of aromatics or herbs. We should have driven to St. Paul. Avoid.
- The food is delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012The food is delicious and plentiful. I'd highly recommend any of the pasta dishes. I've never been disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, Flatbread, Sausagebthomps4Dined on 7/13/2012Great food, Flatbread, Sausage and Pepers were GREAT, It was our first time, we will be back.Special Features:
- The chicken marsala was inedible.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2012The chicken marsala was inedible. Don't eat there.
- The outdoor dining and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2012The outdoor dining and excellent warm service made the experience decent. The food and wine were very disappointing. I ordered the bruchetta pizza and my friend had chicken parmasen. We followed up with blueberry cheesecake. The dinner food was almost tasteless. I have been to Italy, this was not Italien! Olive Garden has more robust flavors which is saying something. The cheese cake was overdone and dry with no sauce. The red wine I ordered was far too sweet (tasted like homemade wine). Needless to say, the food will not bring me back. The server was extremely attentive and gave great directions. The water feature and outdoor garden feel were a lovely accent to a beautiful summer day.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atLaineyVIPDined on 6/9/2012We had a wonderful time at Vescio's! We found just what we were looking for...great Italian food in a place quiet enough for our group of 6 to converse. We enjoyed wine, fabulous food, outstanding service in a comfortable atmosphere. Even though we were running late and stayed long, the family run restaurant and staff welcomed us and did everything they could to make our visit fun.Special Features:
- I was looking for a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012I was looking for a nice place to sit outside and have a nice meal, and Vescio's didn't disappoint. This Italian joint had exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't looking for a fancy restaurant to have a nice date at - but rather a nice place that offered good food. The prices are great and the portions are large. There is every kind of pasta you can imagine - the menu is huge. It is great for vegetarians - there are a lot of vegetarian sauces and dishes. We dined outside, and although there was some traffic noise, it was very quiet. The server was very nice and she stopped by at the perfect times to see if we needed anything. I really enjoyed my pasta dinner and would definitely go back to Vescio's. It's a truly Italian experience.Special Features:
- We had a large group for myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012We had a large group for my birthday celebration. We had two servers that were great and the food was even better. We really loved the wine list with a 50% off special on selected wines. Everyone had just a great time!Special Features:
- It's not the most elegantRobinDined on 5/19/2012It's not the most elegant or "happening" place, but it always has good food and it's been a favorite of ours for many years.
- Fettuccine was awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012We have had all our "Vescio" experiences at the restaurant on campus where I have never had anything I didn't like. We assumed we would have the same experience in St. Louis Park. Not so. I had the Fettuccine with shrimp and another member of our party had Fettuccine with chicken. It was awful. The consistency was actually slimy. The taste was totally bland. Neither of us could eat it. When our waitress came and asked if she could box it for us, we both said no. She asked if we didn't like it and we told her that it was pretty bad. Our waitress was excellent throughout our meal. She was appropriately apologetic, offered us different dinners. We said no to that but accepted dessert. Sadly, the carrot cake was burnt on the bottom
- This is no bout that thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/4/2012This is no bout that this is my new favorite Italian restaurant; no more Olive garden form me! The food is in creditable, with homemade noodles, and sauces there an authentic taste you can�t get anywhere else in the city. This was the second of many to come visit to Vescio�s. My server�s name was Becky she is knowledge of the menu item, friendly, customer oriented and a greatly appreciated bonus (on top of the great food) to making Vescio�s my #1 Italian spot. CHECK IT OUT TODAYSpecial Features:
- Has the atmosphere and cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2012Has the atmosphere and cuisine of a nice restaurant in a small town. So, if you're looking for fine dining, this isn't it. But, for a place to take grandma out to dinner, Vescio's fits the bill.Special Features:
- Definitely a small, quaintOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012Definitely a small, quaint neighborhood gem. Nothing too fancy, but the food is pretty good and it is quiet. I went on a Friday night. It didn't quite fill up, and it was mostly empty around 9:00, but the food and service were wonderful. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodluvslifeDined on 3/17/2012Our waiter (Mike) was fantastic. We had our 2 young sons with us and he was fantastic to them. Food was wonderful. Nancy is a gem and a real treat to talk with.Special Features:
- We had an excellent couponOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2012We had an excellent coupon from Travelzoo, and we had plenty of food. Unfortunately, most of it was flavorless. We dined on a Sunday night, and the restaurant service was slow, and they were out of a number of items.
- Great food selection withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Great food selection with HUGE portions! Wonderful staff-they are very attentive and helpful with menu choices!Special Features:
- Some of the best Italian foodanneeplVIPDined on 3/1/2012Some of the best Italian food I have ever had. The lasagna is a can't miss and when it's coupled with their fresh baked bread you are in for a wonderful meal!!!Special Features:
- The food as always was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The food as always was excellent. The server was very helpful and funny!Special Features:
- I lived near there for aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012I lived near there for about a year many years ago, and never even went in. I'm sorry I didn't! This was a very nice place for my wife and I to spend the evening for Valentine's Day. Romantic, simple in its way, but a genuine atmosphere.Special Features:
- I'm in the Moid for ItalianTux1025Dined on 2/14/2012Great authentic Italian food and above average wine list. Excellent value, and great ambience. Little disappointed at waitress' constant interruptions, making us feel as if we needed to sit, order, eat and leave. We were enjoying a romantic night out, didn't like being rushed.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, service & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Wonderful food, service, and ambiance. Loved the two separate sides for dining with table spacing that allowed for privacy and lower noise level. Our waiter and hostess were friendly and attentive. Easy to use OpenTable for reservations.Special Features:
- It was our first time to Vescio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2012It was our first time to Vescio's Cucina and were not sure what to expect. However, Mike our waiter was pretty laid back and offered up suggestions for our supper fare. He said the lasagna was to die for and as I had already decided to order it, I did. We both had that and it was some of the best I have had. The portions were substantial and where I usually take food home, I cleaned my plate-it was that good. If an Italian restaurant cannot make good lasagna, then there is not much hope in the rest of the food. Service was good, although a little more attention could be paid to drink refills on a more timely basis. Frist time there offers a bit of a challange in getting to the place and then to the parking lot. But that was okay.Special Features:
- Very accommodating to my specialSallyVIPDined on 2/3/2012Very accommodating to my special requests in terms of slight modification to a menu item. It was served exactly as I like it!Special Features:
- Home made noodles were doughyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012Home made noodles were doughy and did not taste good. Mushroom starter needed something more. Tasted just like mushrooms without much flavoring. Shrimp Scampi was delicious as well as the Crispie Chicken (the main name started with a M)main dish. And the chicken reheated at home tasting almost as good as at the restaurant.Special Features:
- The bread was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2012The bread was wonderful. The food was fine for American Italian food. Great service and very attentive.
- Our family has enjoyed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/8/2012Our family has enjoyed dining at Vescio's since it opened many years ago. It is a great place to take friends for relaxing conversation and excellent Italian food. The service has always been friendly and attentive. The menu has a good variety, and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- We loved the homey ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/7/2012We loved the homey ambiance! The owners were there the same night, working right along with their employees, and walking around introducing themselves to each table of guests. The food speaks for itself...Yummy! I'm not sure how they make their red sauce, but it truly evokes mouth watering upon remembrance. We were looking for a friendly, down to earth homemade family italian venue and happily stumbled across Vescios!Special Features:
- The food was okay, but nothingNewToAreaDined on 1/6/2012The food was okay, but nothing special. Slightly overpriced too for the quality of the food.
- The classy yet welcoming atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011The classy yet welcoming atmosphere at Vescio's made it the perfect place to catch up with a good friend. Our waitress was knowledgeable and made sure we had everything we needed without intruding on our conversation. The food all tasted fresh and was exceptionable. We were thrilled to find a fun, tasty place so close to the uptown area. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Only Perfect!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011This is without a doubt our favorite place. Fabulous food, great service, excellent staff, VERY clean and you can actually relax & visit through the entire dinner! What a pleasure!Special Features:
- Great service, and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011Great service, and great food as always. The only disappointment was a friend's order happened to be unavailable / sold out. It was the first time they visited Vescio's so they may have thought we talked it up a bit much. We still love it!Special Features:
- Always good service, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2011Always good service, very attentive, generous portions, good food!Special Features:
- It was basically empty andNYCgalVIPDined on 11/19/2011It was basically empty and it took 20 minutes for us to even get 1 glass of wine. They were out of at least 2 things on the menu. 2 items came out of the kithcen incorrectly as well.
- We really enjoyed our mealteach1VIPDined on 11/2/2011We really enjoyed our meal at Vescios. We haven't eaten here in a long time, but will now definitely return. Our waitress was so sweet and helpful We got so much food that we had to take half home. It was an excellent value for our money. We used a Travelzoo Coupon- what a deal!Special Features:
- I took my wife out for ourKingpin2920Dined on 10/23/2011I took my wife out for our 26th wedding anniversary I must say I was very happy I chose this restaurant!!! Our waitress was named Becky what great service. The food was very good and I am very picky about my food. The service was a++++ I will be back Thanks Becky!!!Special Features:
- A great family style restaurant.Steveofoto1VIPDined on 10/21/2011A great family style restaurant. AUTHENTIC Italian menu and food preparation. The food leaves Buca di Peppo in the dust as far as flavor. Veal dishes are outstanding. Excellent value: $35/person with a bottle of wine, dessert, and tip.Special Features:
- Atmosphere was nice with aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2011Atmosphere was nice with a lot of windows and table linens. All employees contributed to our service, serving, clearing, refilling water, etc. Quiet, nice, friendly, and attention to the customer sums it up. Because they claim to specialize in authentic Italian food, I expected a more robust or full flavor from my Veal Parmagiana entree. I felt I could have had the same at any restaurant. My guests agreed with me that the flavor was good, but they expected more.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2011We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with friends. The food is always wonderful.Special Features:
- Overall, everything was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Overall, everything was pretty good. Our only complaints were 1.) There was no one at the seating podium when we arrived and we were unable to get anyone's attention. 2.) We weren't seated until about fifteen minutes after our reservation time. 3.) You discontinued offering the splits of Asti Gionelli Sparkling Wine.Special Features: