4001 County Rd. 25
St. Louis Park, MN 55416Neighborhood:
St. Louis Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vescios.com/
- Phone: 9529200733x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday 11am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Closed July 4th and Opening at 4:30 on Saturday July 5th
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fred Vescio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vescio's Cucina offers personalized catering service from our entire menu. American dishes and other items are available upon request. Caterings can be simple (drop-offs) in disposable aluminum pans to full service caterings with serving staff. Please contact Fred Vescio or Jon Vescio at 952-920-0733 to personalize your catering.
- Special Events: 50% off select wines Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
50% off rigatoni & spaghetti on Saturdays 11-4.
A word from Vescio's Cucina
Over 50 years ago Frank T. Vescio and his wife Charlotte founded Vescio's Originale in Dinkytown on the U of M campus. In 1983 the family expanded to the Uptown area in St. Louis Park and opened Vescio's Cucina. Frank, a second generation Italian from the southern Calabria region in Italy, spent many years with his mother, Teresa (Liz) Vescio, cooking and creating in the kitchen. The Vescios love of family, authentic Italian cooking, and tradition is still with us today as 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations of Vescios are carrying on the dreams and values of Frank T. Vescio. We hope you enjoy our family recipes for Italian sausage, meatballs, braciole, sauces, dressings, and pastas. We hand prepare our dishes which contain the freshest ingredients. Vescio's Cucina features homemade Italian dishes in a casual atmosphere. Our full menu is available for take-out as well as personalized catering services. Treasure your family, honor your heritage, and savor your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vescio's Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ItalioDined on 9/13/2014Somewhat below their previously established standard. Hopefully not a trend.
- DisappointedAnnieDined on 9/12/2014Went there for my anniversary after it being recommended by my parents. The waitress seemed impatient and thoroughly unhappy to be there. My date and I both ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo, mine with shrimp and his with chicken. The food came out very quickly, which was nice, but was unpleasant to say the least. The noodles were undercooked and doughy to the point of being unpalatable and my date mentioned how the chicken tasted canned. I got 6 shrimp for a fairly sizable upcharge and they were totally unseasoned. The Alfredo sauce was painfully bland and as hard as I tried I couldn't taste anything- not cream, or garlic, or anything I'd expect. It was like white paste. All in all, the food was very underwhelming and overpriced.
- Good, but service was slowSmurfetteDined on 9/9/2014Food was delicious - everyone was happy with their choices! I had the gnocchi with basil pesto sauce - so yummy!!!! Service was slow, but very pleasant and friendly. They were also completely full. I would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Vescio's CuchinaSlurpy2Dined on 8/30/2014The owner was on hand and was very friendly and informative concerning the food and history of his family in the Minneapolis area's restaurant business. The service staff jumped around him and the ambiance was energetic. The food was delicious and portions substantial. I was disappointed that salad or soup was a la cart and a bit expensive. The entrees were a bit high for pasta, but such is the norm these days.Special Features:
- better luck next time...NoodlesDined on 8/26/2014The service was great my waiter was pleasantly nice and helpful.just wish my food was the same.I ordered the chicken Alfredo my noodles were hard some rubber like.sauce was flavor less and not much chicken in the meal.My husband had the shrimp and the same problem with his.The best part of my meal was the free bread.I would like to return and maybe try something different on the menu.Special Features:
- SpassosDined on 8/20/2014Thanks for the extra special treat (stuffed peppers) for my dad's birthday! Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again a memorable dinner!2WisFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014We visited Vescio's in 1995 during a weekend vacation in the twin cities. My wife and I dined there & ever since have spoken of the incredible meal we had there. In 2014, we were back (with 3 kids in tow!) and said we HAD to go back to see if we remembered correctly. We DID! The flavors, the aromas, the texture of the homemade pasta is beyond words. Oh.. and the fresh bread? Incredible! When you ask for some more bread, the response is "We'll put a loaf in the oven for you." Again.. the best meal we have ever eaten.Special Features:
- good food, service was so-soMpls57Dined on 7/12/2014We had dinner outside and the outdoor patio may have been quieter than usual due to some local road construction. It was our first time at Vescio's. The tortollini and fetuccini were very good but the service was less than average. Server messed up some on order and did not promptly check on us. Will return but will not return as quickly because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MichelynDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I completely found this restaurant by chance online. Vesico's experience made our entire weekend. Our server was very helpful and friendly. I ordered the fettuccine Alfredo which was the best dish I have ever had. It had such a family feel and the foods character showed that. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Vescio's Cucina reviews archive.
- We celebrated a birthday-MaplegirlDined on 6/21/2014We celebrate most of our family birthday's with you at Vescio's-We love it!! One thing I did notice while we were there....you have new table? Or maybe you just stopped using table cloths...the tables were stunning...beautiful, rich glossy finish. The food was awesome as usual and our service was first rate! We'll see you again very soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianCasualFoodieDined on 6/18/2014This was my first visit to Vescio's and I will definately be back. The chicken parmesan was delicious- everything I remember from the Italian family restaurants of my youth. I was really impressed with the heartiness and flavor of the red sauce. The service was attentive but not pushy and the decor is casual with no frills and charming family photos on the wall. Getting to the restaurant is a bit tricky with service road construction all around the restaurant, but worth the drive.Special Features:
- Great DinnerslpkittyDined on 6/7/2014We came here for a birthday dinner. It was later on a Saturday night and not too noisy or crowded. The food was excellent! My partner had asked for marinara sauce instead of meat sauce. They forgot and gave him meat sauce, but realized their mistake and corrected it immediately. The wait staff was very friendly and courteous and our waitress even took off the birthday boy's dessert off the bill. We've been to Vescio's before and will definitely return again.Special Features:
- One of our FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Vescio Cucina in Saint Louis Park is a restaurant we visit when we want, friendly and efficient staff, a good, nutritious meal, low lighting which makes it very restful, and pleasant ambiance. The staff they hire are always near and extremely friendly and efficient. Their meals range from American to Italian and the offerings and presentation are appealing. We love dining there whether we desire great food, a restful, enjoyable evening, welcoming staff, or all of the aboveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDennyDined on 5/30/2014Restaurant is a neighborhood jewel! Best original Italian food in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If in the area - must trybillspreeDined on 5/27/2014Very nice experience - when ever I am in the area I will make a special effort to go to Vescio's Cucina!!Special Features:
- The best Italian food ever!kac1Dined on 5/16/2014The homemade pasta was incredible and the service was outstanding. I will definitely go back again and I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Two thumbs upLov1nLakesDined on 4/12/2014I pass this place every morning on the way to work, thinking "We really need to try that one". Well, it's taken up until now to finally have a meal at Vescio's and now I'm a little saddened that I waited this long. The food is excellent, as is the service and while the wine list is small, we were both pleased with our selection. My only disapointment was that they were out of spumoni, but that certainly won't stop us from returning. Possibly the best part of all is being able to make online reservations and being immediately seated upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodCookiemonster82Dined on 4/3/2014Just dined here with a few friends and none of us will be back. I do not like chain restaurants but would have paid double to have gone to the Olive Garden. Alfredo sauce was more bland than the stuff you can buy in a packet at Cub Foods (even after the server up sold me on a flavor booster). The ravioli was mostly dough and the minimal filling was flavorless. My wife had a seafood dish and the little scallops were the fishiest I have ever tasted. To top it off, they were out of spumoni. We settled for a brownie and it was again terrible. Shame on me for ordering. I am only writing this so you know you will be disappointed. I can't believe it has been open for 30 years!
- A nice place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014We reserved a table 90 minutes before arriving and were given the option of sitting near the window with only a few minutes to wait. The hostess was genuinely welcoming and our server was very attentive to our needs. Our meals - a glass of wine, house salad, Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Carbona were tasty and decent portions and the cheesecake was good. We were almost stuffed and very pleased with our choices. The dining room lighting was gently dimmed partway though our visit, which added a nice touch. It was a nice place to go for an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I haven't lived in MN,MarcyDined on 3/16/2014When I haven't lived in MN, I also made a point to stop at Vescios at least once to have their Manicotti with Meat Sauce! Fabulous! House salad with Vescio's Italian dressing - great! It has become 'comfort food' to me!Special Features:
- Fix MenuJerryDined on 3/8/2014Over the years I've gone to Vescios many times. Last time and this time I tried to order bracciole. This is my favorite appetizer. Was told they didn't have it and haven.'t for quite a while. Then take it off menu. Also tried to order spumoni for dessert. Also didn't have that. An Italian restaurant? Btw, server Marilyn was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We noted on open table thatNsideFoodieDined on 3/1/2014We noted on open table that we were celebrating a birthday but they didn't seem to know that. Or maybe they don't do anything special.Special Features:
- Beyond TERRIBLE!Sal6VIPDined on 2/28/2014We had one of the worst meals we've had in the Twin Cities. Our meal consisted of tasteless bread, house salad drenched in dressing, unidentifiable, thick, overcooked pasta with the consistency of dumplings, topped with a small pile of canned mushrooms mixed with a few spices, served with a micro-thin piece of chicken, & sub-par red sauce (Can you even call a restaurant "Italian", if the sauce is this bad?), served over spaghetti & mushy meatballs. Honestly, I'm surprised that this restaurant is on Open Table!
- Crabby waitressAdhirhuVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food is ok. Host very friendly but server was very crabby. A bit on the pricey side too when everything is a la carte. The specials were leftovers from valentines day. Dessert included was a mini portion of a regular serving so not much of a bargain. As always red is fantastic. Can't for the life of me figure out why this Italian restaurant serves Parmesan cheese from a box and not fresh grated.Special Features:
- Fun Valentine's DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great authentic Italian experience for Valentine's day. The staff was friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was pleasant. Food was great. My girlfriend and I enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelymapickleDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I went there for Valentine's Day. It was romantic, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious! Reasonably priced, highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealJoshDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's day and had a very enjoyable time. The food was very good! We had the rigatoni and cheese ravioli, with their meat sauce. Highly recommend the meat sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vescio's--Yes !karenVIPDined on 2/11/2014Celebrated a birthday there. The waiter was outstanding. She was so warm and engaging. Good wine selection and the food was great. A well established Italian gem for a family type atmosphere. Not overpriced at all. We went on Tuesday and it was half price wine bottle night which was a nice unexpected plus ! We loved our evening there.Special Features:
- Never beenGmanDined on 1/31/2014I am a Minnesota native and have never been to Vescios before unless it was when I was very young. I have been looking for a restaurant that served a sauce similar to the now closed Cafe Di Napoli which used to be downtown Minneapolis on Hennepin Ave. finally after trying many Italian restaurants around the city, I have found a new Gem in Vescios!! If you like thick, red sauce, this is the place to go. It is not like olive garden!! So glad to have discovered Vescios and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love VesciosOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014We have been coming to Vescio's for years and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Good, not greattcnewcomerDined on 1/11/2014We're new to the Twin Cities, and have yet to find authentic, reasonably priced Italian food. After trying Vescio's St. Louis Park location, I'm sad to say we're still looking. While the service was quite attentive, the food was just average. My husband like his spicy tomato pasta dish with sausage (can't remember the name of it). My chicken parmesan looked like a chain restaurant's version of Italian food - a thin, breaded chicken breast covered with a glob of marinara sauce and a thick slice of melted cheese. It tasted better than it looked, but it's definitely not real Italian. The accompanying pasta was slightly overcooked. The warm bread was good. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again.
- Always FabulousberlinVIPDined on 1/4/2014As always great food. Love the supreme antipasto salad. The pasta is homemade and delicious. You can pick your pasta, your sauce, any add on, and to top it off have it oven baked. The only problem was that the food was so good we could not save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good mealRobinDined on 12/31/2013While Vescios may not be a Hot Spot, we really like their food. Their bread with oil and vinegar and a glass of wine is something I could exist on. It's usually pretty quiet there, which we like, so maybe not a good place for those looking for a lot of action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real and delicious Italian in mn!jbx1138VIPDined on 12/6/2013I didn't think we actually had any good Italian here in mn. Growing up in Milwaukee there were lots of genuine Italian places, but my experience in twelve years of Minnesota has taught me: don't bother trying. However, I now stand corrected! This place is great! House made Italian food, great service, fast and delicious. I'll absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choices for differentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2013Good choices for different plates. Good house wines. Nice and quiet, we were a party of 6, and everyone was able to talk to each other witheout talking loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice eveningGrumpygeorgeDined on 11/13/2013The food good.The light meal early menu was a bargain and the portions so generous it afforded both me and my guest a second take home dinner. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreFfejLHDined on 11/1/2013Food was decent, but whatever ambiance and character this restaurant may have had in the day has been lost. There are way too many other better dining options at this price level in the Twin Cities than Vescio's. They should consider shutting down for 3-6 months to redecorate and revamp menu.
- Outstanding Service!luv2dineDined on 10/19/2013The food was very good classic Italian, but the service was even better! I also appreciated having the choice between all lunch specials instead of being restricted to the "Saturday Only" lunch specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly Prepared Food, Worse ServiceAmy306Dined on 10/18/2013Recently ate here with some friends and we had the worst time! I literally had better service from Chipotle staff the next day. The salads were watery & tasteless and all four of us were not pleased with our meals. When we received our bill, it was not split. We had to ask for the bill to be split and the waitress did so incorrectly. We were charged for a salad she told us came with the meal. We pointed this out to her and she had the audacity to argue with us and rudely said, "Well, I took your order and I'd NEVER say a salad came with the meal if it didn't." We barely tipped her and she came to take the receipt before we had even left! Then, on our way out the door, her and a co-worker glared at us as we left! I will NEVER return.
- Vescio's is one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2013We have been going to Vescio's in St. Louis Park for many years. The food is excellent and it is a great place to take the family.Special Features: