Verona Cucina Italiana
1700 McHenry Ave. Suite I-46
Modesto, CA 95350Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Verona Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veronamodesto.com/
- Phone: 2095498876
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 4:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-10:40lm
Dinner: Su 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jaime Alderete
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will personalize your catering menu to your specifications.
- Special Events: We will gladly go on-site and cater any event of your choosing.
A word from Verona Cucina Italiana
The freshest ingredients available are used in our classic Northern Italian recipes. We only use fresh seasonal fish -- never frozen. Our classical bolognese sauce is a favorite in the community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Verona Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Modesto ›
Verona Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fine dining, Italian at its bestTetradDined on 10/21/2014Owner chef prepares food that keeps diner returning for Modesto's best Italian food. Not only is the food outstanding, the service was first class. This is an eatery that will draw one back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehArbyDined on 10/20/2014I've been to this restaurant on several occasions. It always leaves there underwhelmed. It's just OK but for the money there are better choices.
- True Review1HonestreviewerDined on 9/27/2014Service was slow and disoriented, it took 20 minutes to get coffee (after reminding/asking them twice) they kept asking questions like "Now who had this & Who had that" Food orders and placement should Never be the question at the table. I ordered a steak prepared medium well and it arrived medium rare - I managed to eat it because I never send anything back to the Chef (for my own reasons) I do not blame the server for the poor service I believe Verona's were trying to operate under staffed and this is the management's short coming - we were a party of 8 but they had a weeks notice to be prepared I have not been there in a while and usually everything is very good - I hope this evening is Not the New Standard. Sincerely Disappointed
- Wonderful Place~nansaaayDined on 9/20/2014This place is simply wonderful. We had reservations for a party of 8. All ladies.. The atmosphere of this place is truly delightful. It's quiet, reserved and very soothing. Our waiter was excellent. He was very attentive which was admirable. I would most definitely come back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date night delightitalianodemarioDined on 9/13/2014Service was excellent. Prices were a little high. But the food was worth it..complimentary bread made up for extra cash. Take advantage of the specials..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not going backfun2dineDined on 9/11/2014Our reservation was for 4 at 4:30 so we could celebrate a birthday & catch the discounts for appetizers and cocktails. The calamari was fried in old oil, sent it back. My water came with some thing besides water and lemon. My wine came with something other than wine. The boys ordered martinis and they were out of olives! and no happy hour discounts. I ordered the fish of the day Alaskan halibut. Turned out to be the most expensive item and had NO taste. Time for dessert and no gelato, no cheescake really? To top it all off, we had a pesky fly throughout the meal.
- Great food and selection of wine. rDJSLATERDined on 9/8/2014The food was excellent from starter throughout. GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placewrayclark91Dined on 8/29/2014Have been here twice and have not been disappointed. We go here anytime we have something to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/22/2014Had a group of 10 we sat in the patio and it was perfect. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYPigOutGroupDined on 7/18/2014I get together once a month with a group of friends for dinner, we've been doing this for over 15 years. This was our first time coming to Verona's. None of us had ever eaten there before - as individuals or in a group. It was a HIT! Each of us has something else on the menu that we want to come back and try. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time around - just as good!!Marebear439VIPDined on 7/14/2014I was so delighted with my first visit to Verona Cucina Italiana, that I decided to return on my last evening in Modesto. I again had Jeff as my server and was impressed that he remembered the type of wine I had on my previous dining occasion. I started with a delicious tomato basil soup and had the seafood cannelloni for my entree. I again had spumoni gelato as my dessert. Everything was delicious and Verona Cucina Italiana is now at the top of my dining list when I am visiting Modesto.Special Features:
- awesome overall dining experience.FoodforthoughtDined on 7/12/2014Our server was attentive to our needs. Our food was outstanding. Nice quiet relaxing with soft music in the background. Temperature was neither too cold not too warm. Lovely decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite!!Marebear439VIPDined on 7/10/2014I visit Modesto once a year and have seen this restaurant in the past, but had never dined here until a recent trip. My server, Jeff, made some good recommendations and was extremely attentive throughout the meal. Although I had originally intended to try the cannelloni stuffed with seafood, I decided to try the Spaghetti di Gamberetti instead. What a great choice! It had sauteed shrimp, peas, and basil with a delicious tomato cream sauce, and was absolutely delicious. For dessert I had spumoni gelato .... the best I've ever tasted. The food and service were marvelous and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food and service in ModestonewtothevalleyDined on 7/7/2014Our first visit to this neighborhood gem was pleasurable in every way. From the knowledgeable and efficient staff to the great menu selections at very reasonable prices we were thrilled to discover this taste of Italy in our new community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Verona Cucina Italiana reviews archive.
- Good but priceykidoakdaleDined on 5/22/2014Food and service were excellent but $10 for a small salad seemed a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all around!valleyfoodcriticDined on 5/9/2014A great place place in McHenry Village. Nothing to hesitate about.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/8/2014Had an absolutely fabulous 3 hour birthday lunch with a few gal pals. We ordered off the menu but the chef, also, prepared a few special dishes for us, even though, the restaurant appeared to be rather busy. We never felt rushed -- it was fabulous. Prior to leaving, Chef Jaime came out to wish my friend a happy birthday -- very nice touch!!! I think we found our regular birthday lunch spot -- thank you Jaime and Edwarda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Classy SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014Great Service and a very good tasting meal, Loved our service. My husband and I had a great time. The remodel looks great it looks very classy and it is unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/19/2014Love how accommodating they are to special dietary restrictions without losing flavor. The server was extremely understanding without being judgmental regarding our guest's special requests. We will certainly return, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How great is this place for ModestoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the make-over they have given the bar and patio; of course, the new chairs were a welcome. I have to return a few more times to get use to the banquettes. Love the fact they have kept the menu the same -- wonderfully unpretentious. The Happy Hour is fabulous being served in the bar and patio. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verona'sLilfoodieDined on 4/5/2014A group of sixteen went to Verona's for our prom dinner and it was amazing! They had our tables set up so nicely and the service was excellent. Food was top notch and we got a very good deal for our meals. They even gave us free appetizers and drinks! The food was delicious as always and the servers were very accommodating. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed for ModestoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/4/2014The food continuous to be fabulous but the changes they have made to the ambiance are very inviting -- new floors, fresh coat of paint, I recognize Trey Reed's artwork in the bar, new chairs. It was a tad chilly to dine in the patio but it certainly looked inviting with the new planters and the greenery growing around the patio wall. I will certainly make this my regular spot, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the problem?PapaTDined on 4/3/2014Some other reviewers seemed overly-critical. Can't understand why. We've eaten here several times, and have never been disappointed. The wait-staff are friendly and attentive, and adjusted the service to suit our preferences (bring first course fast, then leave us alone). Okay, so the food is not San Francisco-quality, but this is Modesto! Menu is predictable, and portions are "reasonable." But quality (at least for our random trips) has been consistently good. We like the convenient location (no parking hassles), and the low noise level--it's nice to be able to have table conversation and be heard without shouting. Finally, the wine list is not overly-pretentious, and there are lots of good choices for under fifty bucks.Special Features:
- Very good overallmehartsDined on 3/29/2014A great dining experience for my friend and I. I had a surf and turf. Shrimp was delicious and very fresh! My steak, however, was a bit overdone. Flavorful but cooked just a tad too long. My friend had cioppino. His comments were about the freshness of the fish. The broth was a bit too sweet for his liking. Despite these 2 very small details, we very much enjoyed our experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMac1Dined on 3/14/2014The food was absolutely great! But the service was not as great. The server appeared to be a little overextended. Maybe the food prices could have been a little lower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verona Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/16/2014They serve the best Caesar Salad in town, pastas are varied and always fresh tasting. Almost everything on the menu is delicious.Special Features:
- Food portions very small,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Food portions very small, petite mingon very dry and no flavor. To expensive $94 for two adults with 2 glasses of $7.00 wine.Special Features:
- Perfectly RomanticKCPCDined on 2/13/2014We celebrated our 20th anniversary here. The waiter helped up choose a sparkling wine, which we loved - slightly sweet, not too dry -just perfect. We ordered a dinner special of parmesan encrusted sea bass and a regular dinner item - cannelloni - both were delicious, fresh, not too filling. Salad special was great - well thought out combination of fresh veggies. Dessert (crème brulee and tiramisu) with an expresso martini - wonderful ending to a well attended, thoughtful, and pampering experience. We won't wait for another perfect occasion to come back - we'll make this a regular dining experience and bring our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take your loveWineloverDined on 2/9/2014Great place to dine fine Italian food, great wine to choose from, and great service, also very quiet place to go on a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedNoNameDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I hadn't been here for years. We were very disappointed- had to wait 30 minutes after our reservation time. Then a LONG wait between courses. Food was just OK. Chairs were worn. Poor service in the bar as well. We will not return until we know improvements have been made.
- Great ItalianbigdogsrewlDined on 1/11/2014My boyfriend had the filet mignon and I had the veal scallopini. Both came with vegetables and mashed potatoes. There was also a single stewed tomato off to the side. The entire meal was amazing. Be sure and try the tomato. Much to our surprise, our server advised us that most people leave the tomato. For dessert, we had the poached pear and tiramisu. Again, amazing. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- GemAngeDined on 12/30/2013Lived down the street for 20 years, but never made it to Verona's. I had dinner there for the first time, and was impressed. How is it that Verona's isn't more widely known among Modestans and out-of-towners?Special Features:
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013I had a party of 5 and every plate was to perfection.Special Features:
- When did stew meat become a filet?DisappointedVIPDined on 11/17/2013Disappointed doesn't even begin the express this experience. From not having beverages in stock (um, who runs out if iced tea?) to serving inedible entrees, I will never go back. It looks pretty but the food is prepared without passion and it shows.
- Birthday3444Dined on 10/21/2013I took my sister to dinner for her birthday. We were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verona's food is always very good!JimCDined on 10/5/2013My wife and I have eaten at Verona's for many years. I have never had a bad meal there. it is one of Modesto's hidden gems in McHenry Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always it was fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/17/2013As always it was fabulous. They have recently remodeled and its looking wonderful and updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful outdoor dining!GayleDined on 8/17/2013Even with Modesto's blazing daytime heat, it cools down enough to really enjoy the outdoor patio in the evening. The while linen tablecloths and ambient lighting add to the sound of the trickling fountain heaping with flowers. The appetizer bruschetta was not your ordinary bruschetta... colorful tomatoes topped with shaved parmesan made it outstanding. The special- parmesan crusted Halibut- was delicious and a generous portion. Cooked perfectly, placed on top of spinach risotto with a side of vegetables. Also had the mushroom ravioli with tri-tip steak... had a little zip to it that added to the flavor. We brought our own bottle of wine and and paid the corkage fee. Even had dessert- spumoni was exceptional. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceTommyDined on 8/2/2013Took my date there for dinner. Was looking for a quiet, romantic spot and found this place online. Sounded just like what I was looking for. I ordered halibut and she ordered lasagna. Both were outstanding. Since we were celebrating a birthday we were served a complementary decadent titimisu. The service was perfect! We have talked about how pleased we were and plan to be back. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPerplexedVIPDined on 6/16/2013We are relatively new in the area. Verona's is our "go to" restaurant when entertaining guests or just a great lunch or dinner for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.