1077 S. Kyrene Rd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wingilariver.com/index.php/lone-butte/dining/verona-chophouse
- Phone: 5207968952x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:00pm until 10:00PM Friday and Saturday 5:00PM until 11:00PM Sunday: Brunch 10:00AM until 3:00PM Dinner 5:00PM until 10:00PM MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO DINE WITH US OR BE IN THE CASINO
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Eric Guthrie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Verona Chophouse
Verona will be temporarily closed starting Sunday, October 19th after our Sunday brunch until late December due to a renovation. Verona Chophouse will re-open after the renovations and will continue to offer all of your favorites including our signature Jazz Sunday Brunch. A night in Verona will make us your next dining destination. Our pasta room is open nightly where you can actually view us making your fresh pasta. Our seafood and fine angus beef will keep you coming back for more. Our Sunday JAZZ Brunches have been named one of the best in the valley and it's all yours for $19.99 a person. Please specify when making online reservations if you would like to dine inside our restaurant or out on our beatufil courtyard patio.Continued
YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO DINE WITH US OR BE IN THE CASINO
We look forward to seeing you.
YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO DINE WITH US OR BE IN THE CASINO
We look forward to seeing you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Verona Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Two things I would like to see changed for Sunday brunch. The live entertainment is too loud which makes it more difficult to communicate with those in your party, especially those across the table or booth. The second is the price of a bottle of champagne. It is good but not for $24 a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchGuitarman1955Dined on 9/14/2014I have become a regular for Sunday Brunches at Verona Chop House. Food is consistently good, even if it is predictable. The staff here is outstanding and very friendly. The quality and selections of food are a breath value for the cost of the meal. My only complaints are that no one under 21 is allowed. It would be nice to take my grandkids on occasion. The other is the fact you need to walk through a smoky casino to get to the restraunt. Being a non-smoker this is a put off. Otherwise I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielbwoodsDined on 7/29/2014The staff was courteous and professional. However, I really wish they would make note of the fact that this is smack in the middle of a smoke filled casino. Sorry, probably my bad for not noticing this in advance, but I am from out of town and would never have selected this place for a business dinner had I known that I was inviting business partners to a casino. Absolutely horrendous. It was late so we ate there anyway. Food was decent and the staff were kind and polite, so not fault to the staff in the restaurant at all.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Dining Experience!liquidsoul71Dined on 7/13/2014Always good food and great service! The friendly staff and thoughtfully prepared food makes for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Verona Chophouse reviews archive.
- Great spot for Sunday brunch.diningdonDined on 5/11/2014We will go again for sure. It was Mothers' Day, noisy inside, but so quiet outside - we asked to be moved outside and were graciously accommodated - and the traditional buffet was really, really good! Very reasonable, too. Just what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This place is fantastic. We have been there about 6 times this year and love it. Service is terrific. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great internet findTrkguyDined on 4/13/2014Jazz music playing in the background while enjoying the really excellent prime rib bruch was a nice find. Friendly waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Eva Cassidy....ThorDined on 3/9/2014Although not the most robust brunch buffet in the Phoenix area certainly one of the best. Fresh and tasty offerings and the make them as you call them omelette bar always a favorite. No black olives though as an ingredient choice..... Good Bloody Mary as well...not too peppery The female vocalist was pure of voice for sure and reminded me a bit of Eva Cassidy although her selections were not as rich or bluesy. Overall a great venue and place for a 1st date...(which btw I've stretched to 4 now *wink*)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicechuckDined on 2/23/2014Been there several times. It was always good. This time they were under staffed and service sufffered. (20 minutes to get something to drink)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for kidsSteve50Dined on 2/23/2014Wepve been to the Jazz Brunch in the past, but did not take children. The review above is from that visit. This time, we made reservations and a follow up phone call from the restaurant informed us that children were not allowed. That forced us to go to another restaurant. Too bad, as the food is very good. Still, by not allowing kids, the restaurant keeps the atmosphere very conducive to a romantic and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE best place for Sunday buffetVanilla11Dined on 2/16/2014I have been there 6 times for the past 4 months. I strongly recommend the Sunday jazz brunch buffet for $19.99. It's the best deal in town. For dinner entree I recommend the seafood risotto and the short rib. Both are excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valintines Day DinnerJadeAndyDined on 2/14/2014This is one of our regular restaurants in the area and we normally enjoy the food, service and atmosphere. However for Valentines Day, dinner was expensive, service slow and food mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this place at all costs.VeronaBADDined on 2/14/2014Smoky, seedy casino atmosphere (including questionable looking dudes staring at my wife on the walk to the restaurant). Waited 15 minutes before server came to table. Lumpy potatoes, steak with little flavor (though was cooked appropriately), pretty small food portions (not worth the $45 each they charged for the Valentine's Day special - would avoid for special occasion). Lava cake dessert was good, pinot noir acidic. Trashy looking parking lot with tons of RVs parked all over (complete with lawn chairs out front - when did people start tailgating at casinos?). Smelled like smoke when I got home. Anyone who gave this joint high marks was probably hammered. I shan't return. Open Table should remove this joint from their site.
- ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We were not happy on a few levels with this restaurant. The service was not good as the waiter seemed to be very inexperienced and didn't have a knowledge of the food or wine. Our drinks were served late and we were empty for too long. Several dinner items were messed up and had to be sent back. The menu was a set menu and the choices were very limited. The dessert had to be shared by two so if one didn't like it, they didn't get dessert. Also, they were both chocolate and we had a person who was allergic to chocolate. The pork dish was so dry, I couldn't finish it. We tried to let the waiter know but he was too overwhelmed to help.
- valentines day 2014billtDined on 2/14/2014Food and atmosphere was excellent, Server was great a very enjoyable Valentines for my wife and ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so fairCinderelaDined on 2/14/2014Poor service, hair in food that the waitress tried to pawn off as linen thread, it was certainly not. Reservations yet seated late. Overcooked seafood was most likely precooked. Would we go again??? Um no. Risotto was spot on to be fair but that was all.
- great find right under our nosestevejDined on 2/13/2014We've been at the Lone Butte many times and have never ejoyed Verona until recently. The food and service were amazing. We've been back twice since and will continue to be patrons. Everyone at our table ordered a different dish including beef, chicken and seafood. It was all prepared perfectly. The pace of the service was perfectly timed. Never rushed, always the perfect amount of time between courses to enjoy our time and some great wine. Bravo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Our reservation was at 6 pm and we ended our meal at 8:25! It took over an hour to get our food and the manager only said "sorry for the wait". UNACCEPTABLE. Most restaurants offer a free dessert, glass of wine, or a discount for such poor service. We frequent Verona several times a year but will NOT return in the future.Special Features:
- Good experienceBubbaDined on 2/7/2014We enjoyed coming here for an early Valentine Day's dinner. My wife had some type of roasted pork, and I had the porterhouse steak. The steak was very good, very tender. Her dish was just as good. We are not wine connoisseurs, but they seem to have an extensive wine list with domestic and imported wines for almost any budget (we had an Italian wine for a reasonable price). Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchPamelitaDined on 1/26/2014My husband and I have been to the Verona Chophouse many times for lunch and we always invite either friends or family to meet us there. The food is always wonderful and the people who wait on you are always so nice and friendly. The ambiance is lovely, with nice music and singing in the background. I would recommend the Sunday Brunch to anyone. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunchskillet01Dined on 1/26/2014This is perfect for a Sunday Brunch. Great to listen to a little jazz. Great deal for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a dining experienceMeldDined on 12/29/2013It is a dining experience we look forward to at least two to three times a month. Sunday brunch is our favorite time. We plan on a leisurely brunch over a two to two and a half hour period enjoying all the delicious food and enjoying the entertainment. The service is above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Pleasant BrunchnevermissbkfstDined on 12/29/2013My wife and I enjoyed the Sunday brunch very much. The selection was not overwhelming, but all the favorites were there -- omelets to order, scrambled eggs, thick French toast, and slices off a nice beef roast. Coffee and tea were delivered as we desired it. The salads and fruits did much to lessen dieter's guilt, but the dessert table is a big temptation.Special Features:
- awesome jazz buffetloveditDined on 12/1/2013price is moderate but well worth it!!! The food is fabulous the staff efficent and friendly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home made pastaBrohanDined on 11/30/2013I had the Chicken Parmesan. The breaded chicken was huge and placed on top of a pile of home made spaghetti. Both were fantastic. I am not a fan of marinana sauce but it was so good I didn't notice the sauce was meatless until I was halfway done. The breaded Mozzarella is the best I've ever had. My wife had the house salad with her meal and says the dressing is the best she's ever had. I had the Minestrone, which was very good but not quite like Grandpa used to make. We have eaten at the Verona Chophouse several times and will eat there again. The manager told us about a sausage dish served with rigatoni, can't wait for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should goSteveDined on 11/26/2013You have to walk through the casino, which is annoying, but worth the trip. Excellent valued, very good food at reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placergmaggDined on 11/22/2013We go there often and enjoy each visit more than the last! Great food and even better service! Already booked New Years Eve for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service SupremeazadminVIPDined on 11/10/2013Over the past several years, we've gotten to know virtually all of the staff...they are all wonderful! Whether it is Lori, Debbie, Heather or Rachael--or others on rare occasions---we know we'll get EXCELLENT service from all and this friendliness, attention to detail, plus the great food at very reasonable prices, makes our bi-weekly nights out at Verona something we always look forward to and enjoy. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Verona Chophouse Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013We were celebrating our 10th Anniversary with the Sunday Brunch. As always, the food, atmosphere and staff were excellent. We enjoyed the music as well. We have and will continue to recommend Verona Chophouse to family and friends. Thank you for the memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of ItalyJerryKDined on 11/6/2013By its name, an Italian influence. A tasteful, creative menu of choices including Pasta Dishes or accompaniments featuring Verona's homemade pastas. Have dine there many times and have never been disappointed in the beverages, food or wait service provided.Special Features:
- Yum yum in the tum tumIWouldEatThatDined on 10/27/2013Went here on a Sunday for the brunch. After navigating the sea of smoke from the casino, we found ourselves inside and instantly recognized the quality of the venue. The offerings were fresh and delicious. Probably the best prime rib I've ever had anywhere. There were also various assorted cheeses, meats, shrimp, roasted veggies. A salad bar, omelette station, bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns.... a couple of other lunch-like entrees and a dessert station. For $20 you're not gonna find a better brunch anywhere in AZ. The food was all top-notch (try the creme brulee) and the service was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!rgmaggDined on 9/8/2013Great dinner with first class service and live entertainment at a reasonable price. The new manager stopped by our table and we learned about his vision for the restaurant going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great & waitresslindalouDined on 8/18/2013Service was great & waitress very nice and helpful. The food was average but for the price it was decent. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would rate it at 2.5. Salad bar and fruit selection was good. If I go back, I will try the omelet station as the eggs served were dry and tasteless. Very small selection of entrees and sides. It was hit and miss on the food! A champagne option would be nice!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2013Great food and great service at a very reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2013This is a great deal for $20. I've gone several times for the Sunday brunch and never disappointed. Live music, decent atmosphere and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch & no kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Have been here many times for sunday brunch. No little kids running around in this place and the food is great and great Jazz singer too.Special Features:
- the outside seating was greatmtrockerDined on 3/31/2013the outside seating was great and the selection from the various buffets was very good - we had a very pleasant brunch and will be there againSpecial Features:
- The food is great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/21/2013The food is great, but the service is slow even when there are only a couple other customers.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch with alotShimmerDined on 3/10/2013Great Sunday Brunch with alot of variety including hot food, delicious fruits, and great desserts. The price was good, too. It would have been nice to have champagne included in the Sunday brunch as our group of 5 ended up spending $50 additional for two bottles(one was not enough for 5 glasses). Orange juice is also $2 extra per glass. Soft drinks and coffee are included in the $20/person price. Jazz band plays also. Just to let you know that children under 21 are not allowed as it is in a casino. Overall, it's a great place for Sunday brunch and we would go again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Excellent food and service at a reasonable price. It is so nice to have food that is hot when served and prepared as ordered.Special Features: