1004 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veronyc.com/
- Phone: 2129353530
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:330pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Olonwhich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Vero Midtown was made to be your everyday wine bar. As a member of the Vero wine bar family, we created a second home for you to enrich your life with a menu and atmosphere that fits New York's style, taste, and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriella 8889893143
A word from Vero Midtown
Vero Midtown was made to be your everyday wine bar. The second coming from the Vero wine bar family, we created a second home for you to enrich your life with a menu and atmosphere that fits New York's style, taste, and budget. With over 100 wines served by the bottle and 40 by the glass from around the world, we're sure you'll find more than a few gems to adore, with the help of our in house certified sommelier Kasi Shelton. Enjoy our wine, focused food and wine pairings, specialty drink menu, classes, relaxed conversation and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vero Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice, but overpricedlilgerryVIPDined on 4/14/2014Great menu, particularly if you are vegetarian / vegan... quite a few choices. Everything fresh and well prepared, but compared to other choices in the area the pricing runs about 20% over the market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing soonAstoriaADined on 4/12/2014We were unaware that the restaurant is closing at the end of the month and it certainly shows. The service was the worst I've experienced in manhattan and the food was barely ok. It's worth noting that although the restaurant shares it's name with Vero on the Upper East, they are in no way related and that's a very good thing!
- Great restaurant after workFoodAdventuresDined on 2/26/2014Relaxing vibe. Great restaurant to go to if your meeting up a friend to catch up and have drinks, especially during the work week!Special Features:
- Panini Deal not greatNicoleDined on 1/27/2014If they offer the free panini deal to try and get customers to come back for a meal they could definitely amp them up! Mine had melted mozz and slivers of raw red onions, which was not at all how the menu described it. I understand that it's free, but the wine is still pricey so I don't think they would lose anything by making more substantial sandwiches!Special Features:
- Great Dinner ChoiceDinerRCDined on 1/18/2014This place has a great ambiance to it and the food is very good as well. I wouldn't say that it has the biggest selection in food, but the food had good flavor and was presented well. I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent place - a bit priceynewyorkerVIPDined on 12/6/2013good variety of wine list - both in types and prices. food is tasty - small sharing plates, but good. standout included the flat breads, the fried calamari and the meat balls.Special Features:
- While this place has niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2013While this place has nice ambience and a young crowd at the bar, it gets packed and it was extremely hot and incredibly loud.
- Great food. Service couldLJ448VIPDined on 8/20/2013Great food. Service could be picked up a notch. It was mid day mid week and there was hardly anyone in place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2013The service and food was very good as well as the beverages. My only concern is that is was extremely loud and you have to yell to talk. Very small and HOT. It's probably better on a cool day and not so great for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bi-weeklyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2013I go to Vero quite often. The staff is very slow in both service and thinking on their feet (table placement etc), but I love the scene there and the flatbread pizza is really good :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting best for Young adult night.LuisVIPDined on 4/20/2013Went on a late dinner run with my family at 9pm. The restaurant was dark and definitely set up more for a bar/lounge scene. Just not what I expected but not a reason to dismiss the place. The food was great. We had the short rib tacos, truffle mac and cheese and chicken platter. Had great service even with the amount of people there.Special Features:
- Pretty Good, I'd Go Back...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Great food, great price, service a bit slow, even though the restaurant was pretty dead. Nice ambiance, I would go back...Special Features:
- Great wine/food spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Love this place. We went here for the first time last night after passing it hundreds of times. Its a small quaint place with very dim lighting and little tiny tables. Such a great date place. For entrees, I got the Pan Roasted Organic Chicken, and date got the Scallops. Both dishes were excellent. So good. So freakin good. We had no room for dessert, but the waitress did mention that they have only 1. Its a cookie topped with ice cream. Can they do any wrong?Special Features:
- Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Worst experience in a wine bar in NYC yet. Server was the worst, she was super rude and after one glass of wine we couldn't get out fast enough. I will never go to this place again!!!
- Reservations mean nothingsmnyDined on 11/1/2012Our reservation was not honored - our table was only for outside but it was cold and this was not specified when making the reservation online that we would be seated outside. When we were finally seated inside, the host told us that we could be kicked out of our table and moved somewhere else at any time. Service was slow and food came before drinks.Special Features:
- Food very tasty but pricy,FrankDined on 9/24/2012Food very tasty but pricy, e.g.$17 for a personal pizza, $25 for a cheese and meat board. Had a couple bottles of a very nice $45 Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere but serviceKLEE437VIPDined on 9/6/2012Fun atmosphere but service was lacking and food wasn't outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely delicious.nyshoeloverDined on 8/17/2012The food was absolutely delicious. And the wine was great!! Service was totally lacking. Had it not been for the waitress it would have been a perfect dinner. Just a heads up this is definitely an after hours hot spot among the 9-5ers, it gets crowded quickly and the seating inside is extremely limited.Special Features:
- Friends and I went for afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2012Friends and I went for after work drinks and dinner - the place was cozy, warm lighting, intimate spaces, and a stretch of seating outside that looked really nice. We made a reservation to sit outside and after being served drinks at the bar by a bored, indifferent bartender while we waited for our table, we were eventually seated behind the door that led to the outside area. Not such a great view for the person sitting across from it. The chairs were highly uncomfortable, the table was cramped, and our waitress was a bit awkward. Overall it was a fine evening, the food was great, but small improvements could have made it a great one!Special Features:
- It would help if you allowedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2012It would help if you allowed partial groups to get seated instead of having to wait for every single person to be present.
- We had drinks and snacks toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2012We had drinks and snacks to celebrate a coworkers graduation. It was the perfect place. The server was very nice and attentive. And the snacks were delicious.Special Features:
- I was to meet friends forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2012I was to meet friends for dinner and didn't realize that the bar had such a crowded and loud scene. Also, I didn't realize that the restaurant and the bar share the same space. We ended up leaving and going next door so that we could hear one another. I could only give it 2 stars based on the bar scene. People there seemed to be happy.Special Features:
- Delicious and different typeselk675Dined on 5/7/2012Delicious and different types of dishes can be found in this lovely neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Love Vero. The paninis andLJ448VIPDined on 4/28/2012Love Vero. The paninis and flatbreads are delicious!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012The food was great and the ambiance was beautiful. The food and drinks are pricey though.Special Features:
- You have to try the mahi mahiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2012You have to try the mahi mahi tacos, tuna tartar and lobster sliders!!! AMAZING!!Special Features:
- Our experience was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Our experience was excellent, we enjoyed our meals including bruchetta appetizer, pasta and scallop dinnersl We also enjoyed the free dessert for being first time guests (delicious and a nice treat)! We will definitely be back again!
- Vero was a surprise. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2012Vero was a surprise. The food was very tasty although I think the menu could have been a bit more diverse. The service was great. The choice of dessert was limited to 1 choice. The bar scene is energetic and if you are looking for a place to have a romantic dinner or have a good discussion this is not the place. Great for a group .Special Features:
- Love our experience, MichelleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Love our experience, Michelle our waitress was outstanding. Spencer selected the perfect wine for us. Food was perfect. Thank you for a fabulous evening in New York.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodDiningDivaVIPDined on 1/6/2012Sutton Place bar with a young vibe. Accommodating waitress/ bartender. After lunch was a little quiet, which was perfect to my colleague and I to handle business while enjoying our bites. The old bay french fries were addictive. Probably will return!
- Good food and drinks but portionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2011Good food and drinks but portion sizes were small with such high prices! Not a good value.Special Features:
- Great place for drinks and sharingJay661Dined on 12/2/2011Vibrant scene with a very nice menu and excellent dishes. Great place to enjoy drinks or wine and share small plates of tasty treats.Special Features:
- great food, not great on reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/30/2011Great experience overall. I've been here several times and will go back. Only downside was that they couldn't find my OpenTable reservation and told one member of my party that they don't take reservations. Once I showed them the OpenTable email confirmation, they honored it and found a table for us.Special Features:
- Go Mac & Cheese or Go GomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Best Mac & Cheese you will ever have. Period. Do not doubt this. Hint: It's truffled.Special Features:
- great slow roasted chicken.JLUESVIPDined on 10/21/2011great slow roasted chicken. one of the few places i will order chicken.Special Features: