VERO Italian Kitchen & Lounge
Amityville, NY 11701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
VERO Italian Kitchen & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.verorestaurant.biz/
- Phone: 6316084340
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3:00pm-9pm. Brunch Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Feddozi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer an off premises catering menu
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining available on Saturday and Sunday from 12-3 or 1-4pm.
- Private Party Contact: Kristy 6316084340
- Entertainment: Every Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday DJ entertainment.
A word from VERO Italian Kitchen & Lounge
VERO Italian Kitchen & Lounge is the modern restaurant is the brainchild of Owner Michael Esposito of Vittorio's Restaurant & Wine Bar. The restaurant is committed to the use of locally-sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible and all of their dishes are prepared from scratch. This commitment to freshness and quality is also evident in the selection of signature and specialty drinks designed by barman Eric Greczel, in addition to an approachable wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
VERO Italian Kitchen & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- best branzino we ever hadangeVIPDined on 10/12/2013for appetizers the mussels and beet salad were very good, we both ordered the branzino entree and agree that it was perfectly prepared and seasoned and can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Delicious!BBggDined on 10/4/2013A little gem with wonderful food, excellent service & great decor. Don't miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunToopricyDined on 9/6/2013Cool small bites spot, we had a cheese and meat platter with a bottle of wine it was all perfect !Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantChefSandroDined on 9/1/2013A nice variety of selections on the menu, excellent homemade pasta dishes, resoably priced, and great friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian SpecialtyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013Very interesting menu with a great variety of traditional Italian meats and cheeses among other appetizers. Main dish menu similar to sister restaurant, Vittorio's, which we love. Very enjoyable for date night or groups.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerverofanDined on 8/6/2013We went on Tuesday, hoping to enjoy the price fixe menu. When we arrived, we were told that it only applied on thursdays. I had not noticed that on the website, but the chef was asked and he agreed to honor the price fixe menu. After a bit of confusion with menus, we finally settled on our dinner choice, which were outstanding! A great vaue! I have already told friends about it. Because of the mix-ups, the waiter (Charlie) gave us two desserts to take home. To say the least, we were very happy with our experience at Vero.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencekittyVIPDined on 7/27/2013Always a great experience at Vero. The small plates work well for something different and the service is just right.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING SERVICE, FOOD, WELCOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013Firstly, I cannot describe appropriately how pleased we were to dine at Vero. Firstly, we were warmly welcomed by a professional, beautiful hostess. It followed by an attentive table attendant and outstanding server, Charlie. We were greated by the owner as well, Mr. Esposito I presume and saw us out and thanked us. Charlie was professional and served with a smile and seemed to really enjoy working there. He expertly explained the dishes and we chose the 3 pastas of the evening that were outstanding. The bread was fresh and delicious, the pastas top-notch. the appetizers fine. Bread pudding delicious. I had been to Vero for the brunch, which is outstanding, It was great to visit this restaurant again on a quiet evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vero is back!PapaloDined on 6/29/2013After being closed for so long due to a fire, Vero is open. It is better than ever. They made minor changes to the menu selections. The wait staff is very helpful and courteous. We dined with another couple. For starters we had the delicious Polenta.fries and Mussels in white wine and garlic sauce. They brought us a bread assortment to go with the Marscapone cheese that was on the table. For entrees, I had the Linguini Pescatora ( mixed seafood over a bed of linguine), my wife chose the Branzino ( filet of Mediterranean striped bass). Both meals were generous proportions and were delicious. We were too full for the excellent dessert choices that they offered. I do not hesitate to recommend Vero for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Unlimited = Brunch Heaven!feedmeDined on 6/16/2013Eggs benedict w/crisped prosciutto - brilliant! Challah bread french toast w/marscipone filling a treat! Quiche of the day (fresh mixture of egg, cream, peppers, and onions) yum! Homemade on premises cavatelli delish! So many choices I suggest going w/a large group so as to taste a bit of everything and not walk out as we did - gut busting full! Buffet bar filled with cakes, cookies,Italian pastries, bagels, as well as puddings, fruits, fresh mozzarella, tomato & basil, and sushi on this particular occasion, was the final nail in the overeating extravaganza! The value of this meal was enhanced with an over the top menu of unlimited cocktails for an additional $10... can't be beat on any level at any other venue I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday BrunchTrendyfoodloverDined on 6/16/2013The Sunday brunch was fantastic! The food was excellent, the service was perfect and the ambiance was exactly what we were hoping for! Thank you for helping to make Father's Day wonderful! XoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such ambienceLove2dineoutDined on 6/15/2013Vero is such a wonderful experience. The service is always perfect and the food is spectacular. I took my date there for his birthday and he enjoyed it very much! It really is wonderful for a special evening out because you can never go wrong. Each time I go the food is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marguerite (not sure if IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013Marguerite (not sure if I spelled that right) was our waitress - she was fabulous and the food was great. I had the filet which was cooked perfectly and my husband had the snapper special Wow what a presentation. Overall great experience. Would definitely come again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch Ever!djg5389Dined on 6/2/2013This was my second consecutive Sunday having brunch at Vero, and once again, it did not disappoint! For a fair price, my guests and I received unlimited food and cocktails. All three of them were brunch virgins, and one of them had never been to Vero at all! Our food was served within a few minutes of ordering, and our server, Brian, was wonderful and accommodating. The hostess was even kind enough to take our picture! Everyone enjoyed himself, and we all intend to return. (Lord knows I have, multiple times.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect night out with friends spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/1/2013This restaurant is consistently good. I've been there on weeknights and busy Saturday nights and the service is consistently attentive and the quality of the food spectacular. The have round tables and booths which makes group dining easier and more intimate. The noise level, even on a Saturday night is reasonable. Highlights include the antipasto platter, the grilled caesar salad and the branzino and the veal chop. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous. I put this high on my list of favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nouveau in amityvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013We recently enjoyed a dinner at Vero. We had been there for a yelp event to try apps and cocktails. The cocktails were spectacular but the apps were spotty so we waited a few months for them to work out the kinks. Glad we did. We tried 4 apps. The only miss for me was the polenta fries. They were super crispy but came with a lame vodka dipping sauce that did not compliment the graininess of the polenta. Something creamy would have served better. Everyone loved their mains. The duck ragu was great- perfect ratio of ragu to pasta,which clearly was fresh. Steaks were cooked nicely and the Bronzino was tasty. We were so full that we shared one dessert and it was more than enough for the 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter, Patrizio, wasVB615Dined on 5/16/2013Our waiter, Patrizio, was the best!! Gave great recommendations and was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great find!HACCDined on 5/5/2013We went to wrap up "restaurant week" and were so pleasantly surprised by the fabulous food and service, great specialty cocktails. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought friends here forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2013We brought friends here for the first time since reopening after the fire. We were all thrilled with the food and service asnd will both return many times in the future.the house wines both red and white were outstanding.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013First time here. Wasnt dissapointed! We ordered so much food. We tried a bottle of riesling and a pinot both so good! Our waitress was so fun and nice! Defenitly will be back!Special Features:
- Food was very good, but serviceLynnVIPDined on 4/13/2013Food was very good, but service was not good at all. Noise level was a bit too high for our group as well.
- VERO Italian Kitchen is aseafordinerVIPDined on 3/23/2013VERO Italian Kitchen is a fun place to eat. Some interesting choices to start your meal such as cheese and salame plates that go well beyond the choices typically found in most restaurants. Nice modern decor and attentive wait staff. Enjoyed Vero and walked away thinking I'd come back again.
- I went there on a recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013I went there on a recommendation from a friend. The staff was extremely attentive. The manager came over and introduced himself which was nice. The food was awesome. We only bought 4 drinks (2 10 dollar beers, and 2 8 dollar glasses of wine) and the waitress said the manager bought us back 2 of the drinks. (18 dollars!) That was extremely nice and makes for a good rapport. Upon leaving I went up to the manager to thank him and shake his hand. Something I would never normally do. The 18 dollars was well spent, as I will be returning and referring my friends and family.Special Features:
- So Good!JosephineDined on 3/16/2013Fabulous! We are very picky about our restaurants and enjoy really good food. The ambiance is really nice, the staff is very friendly and the food - YUMMY! Had the branzino off the menu this time and it was so good that my husband and friends all had their forks in my plate. There food was just as good but the branzino will be a repeat for us!Special Features:
- We went on a Sunday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2013We went on a Sunday night, and it wasn't very busy. We ordered a couple of small plates, the braised ribs, the sliders along with the roasted beet salad. The sliders were great, the ribs had a nice flavor and were seasoned well, but were cold. The roasted beet salad was recommended , but left me wanting something more. The pasta dish we ordered was the Cavitelli with pulled pork, we did not enjoy that at all. It was missing sauce, it almost looked like the water from the pasta in the dish that had a slight tint of red and it had no flavor. As for the red snapper, it too came out cold. The waiter took it back with no problem. That dish was pretty good and seasoned well. Overall, atmosphere is nice, the service, good and the food ok.
- The food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The food and service was excellent. Can't wait to introduce to friends. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Not so great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013The restaurant has a great design and feel, but that was the only positive thing. The service was fair, except for one friendly bartender, Rob. My pasta was just ok, my friend's swordfish (which was a Special and usually means the meal is above par) was not so great, very dry. She had to return the side dish because it was way too salty. Dessert was weird. Something with a giant wad of marshmallow on top (you'd have to be 9 years old to like) and on the bottom of the dessert was some sort of graham cracker “dust” - something you would find at the bottom of the box. It actually spilled off our spoons. PS - I also hate restaurants that use those little carafes to give you a glass of wine, just to make sure you don't get any extra.
- Service and food were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2013Service and food were very good.....I found the restaurant to be a bit pricey though, with a limited menu.
- First time back after theirOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013First time back after their big fire, and it was great. I love the small plate concept in an Italian restaurant, and our server Kim was more than helpful in her guidance. The food was excellent, but in my opinion the entrees weren't necessary; we ended up wrapping up nearly all of them. The service was excellent and it was nice chatting with owner Vittorio when he stopped by the table. We'll definitely be back, and in fact are dining with friends at their other restaurant (Vittorio's) down the street.Special Features:
- we were seated at 6pm & noJackiDined on 3/2/2013we were seated at 6pm & no one came to the table to take even our drink order until we saw the manager go by & told him. we had theatre tickets & only had 1/2 hr to eat so we just ordered 2 appetizers that were delicious. the manager sent another glass of wine to our table to say sorry but we did miss out on the main courses.Special Features:
- OutstandingLINancyVIPDined on 3/2/2013We have dined at Vero's several times now, and it is just fabulous. We have gone on the Special Pasta night....awesome is all I can say. Everything I have tried at Vero's has never disappointed....more times than not...it is beyond what I could have hoped for. Recently we dined at their all you can eat Pasta night and I couldn't even finish ...each past was delicious and fresh. What I really appreciated is that they were having a private party in the main dining room...and we ate in the bar/lounge area...you would never even know they were hosting such a large party...our meal was served at a very good pace...and I will be going back again and again....The wait staff are very friendly. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent - greatLindaDined on 2/23/2013Food was excellent - great concept offering a choice between small plates & regular plates and a tasting menu. The polenta, Arugula salad and red snapper were excellent choices. Will definitely be coming back. Our waiter was excellent and offered many good suggestions.Special Features:
- The whole evening was a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The whole evening was a wonderful experience, from the hostess, to the waiter, the food and the owners interaction withthe guests.Special Features:
- Went to Vero for my dad'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/10/2013Went to Vero for my dad's 73rd birthday. He is a foodie and loves italian food. He had the lardo and grilled shrimp for an appetizer and had the fish soup for his entree'. He loved loved loved it. I had the meatball sliders and they were AMAZING!! Reminded me of my grandmother's meatballs!! Great place :)Special Features:
- Over hypedMrfoodVIPDined on 2/2/2013Food was ok, had to return pasta dish, over salty, ciopino disappointing, supposed to be in a broth, came out with a big glob of thick tomato sauce. Pasta with broccoli rabe was ok, pasta was very all dente. Service was very bad. Ordered 2 bottles of Chardonnay, first was nice and chilled, 2 nd came out warm. No hospitality at all. No manager or owner n floor supervising. No one came to table after we sent pasta dish back.food presentations not good, food just thrown n plate( lamb chops and some sliced zucchini) overall very disappointed.
- If zero was an option!DebbylVIPDined on 1/26/2013Let me begin by saying we dine in their neighbor restaurant, Vittorios and it is always superb. There is absolutely no excuse or explanation how this could be this bad. The ambience was awful, cold and cafeteria like. The menu is split in a tapas and then full portion section. Well I got both and my tapas was bigger than my regular plate and it was awful. I got shrimp over pasta, two shrimp over dry spaghetti for $26.00!!! My husband got lamb chops, two about the size of your pinky and three or four veggies laying beside it. The bread was like a reg loaf of toast and the desserts were boring and overpriced of course. Anyone who is rating this restaurant high has to be a relative because it is the most overrated, awful excuse for a food!!
- So sadly disappointed!heartDined on 1/19/2013I had high expectations for this restaurant considering I love it's sister reataurant Vittorio's but unfortunately I was sadly disappointed! Our waitress seemed disinterested in making our experience valuable and she rushed us along...the dish ordered (butternut squash tortellini in a butter sage sauce was tasty but a very small portion for the price of $20...I was still hungry (the first time that has ever happened to me in an italian restaurant)! The bread offered at the table was the boring norm of a few slices of room temperature italian bread with a little dipping oil....with your prices something a little more unique should be offered. Our dessert choice of bananas smores was just okay...too much marshmallow and very little bananas!
- Delicoso!LINancyVIPDined on 1/19/2013We recently visited Vero (for the first time - post-fire), 2nd time total. We were very happy with the changes that have been made post fire. The portions were definitely a problem post fire...but they have definitely gotten it right this time. Food is delicious - you won't be disappointed...service was great...Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We go to Vittorios (theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013We go to Vittorios (their sister restaurant) often and the food is always excellent. Four of us went to Vero and were very disappointed. We ordered many small plates and a couple of pasta dishes. Only one dish was good. None of us would ever go back. On top of that, it was overpriced. We will stick with Vittorios.
- The food was delicious...veryLynnODined on 1/12/2013The food was delicious...very authentic. the atmosphere was just totally pleasant....and the service..impeccable. The noise level...hmmm..never heard any other conversations... Was thouroughly enjoyed.Special Features: