Vero Bistro Moderne
209 - 10th St. NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1V5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Vero Bistro Moderne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verobistro.ca/
- Phone: (403) 283-8988
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch Tues-Fri 9-2PM
Brunch: Sat- Sunday: 10:00 AM-2:30 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jenny Chan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vero offers private parties whether it be company/corporate function or a gathering of friends and family. We have semi and private areas.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Berg 4032838988x
- Special Events:
'No Menu" Tuesday $39/guest
Steak & Frites on Wednesdays $39/guest
A word from Vero Bistro Moderne
With an atmosphere that breathes relaxed elegance, Vero presents a menu that defines inspired Italian Fusion Cuisine. Vero's Chef Jenny believes strongly in the importance of fresh, healthy food while supporting the local community and strives to create flavourful inspired cuisine using quality ingredients sourced from a variety of trusted local producers, Remarkable starters and plates are offered along side hearty entrees, such as the house made pasta, grass fed beef, seafood, lamb, chicken and duck, with many gluten-free options available. Featured small plates include Baby Calamari Frito with romesco and the Signature Sweet Potato Gnocchi with wild boar bacon and gorgonzola, as well as more substantial offerings, such as the Surf & Turf Platter, Steak & Truffle Parmesan Frites, Monkfish w Saffon Risotto and "The Seafood Platter".Continued
No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest
Steak & Frites Wednesdays $39/guest
No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest
Steak & Frites Wednesdays $39/guest
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vero Bistro Moderne - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Vero Bistro Moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)neighborhood gem (62)great for brunch (49)special occasion (49)romantic (35)great for lunch (25)hot spot (21)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- We were so happy to discover Vero Bistro Moderne.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The brunch date was our final outing before flying back to Courtenay, BC. What a treat! It will definitely be one of our destinations on future trips to Calgary. Excellent food, service and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service...BroweDined on 11/16/2014consistently great --- love their brunch eggs benedict. It is so good. The butternut squash soup was mediocre.Special Features:
- Slik55Dined on 11/15/2014The menu has been changed with somewhat a Spanish influence, nice change overall and the food was great as always.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend!!ElysaDined on 11/13/2014What a great little gem in the heart of Kensington! Although the place is small, you are still able to have a very intimate dinner with whoever you are there with. The acoustics in there are so great that you hear the wonderful music they play, but it is not overwhelming, yet you can still have an intimate conversation. The food is AMAZING! I literally almost licked my plate. :) The wine is also great, and the fact that they can cork it for you is equally amazing. And our server Jeremy, knew exactly when to come and see us, gave us great recommendations, and was quite fun to deal with. Again, HIGHLY Recommend. I can't wait to try brunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Num, num, numDrSickeyDined on 11/9/2014The food was very tasty and excellently presented. Creative and original too. I was a part of bigger group and each of us liked the food we ordered. Our server Jeremy was prompt, attentive. polite and knowledgeable (I do have a sense that all servers are like that). The place was busy, obviously very popular.Special Features:
- Small space, smaller portionsWayneDined on 11/8/2014We had a late brunch, or lunch. Service was attentive and quite fast. The food was well presented and tasty, just left me hungry due to small size. By comparison, had almost the same "brunch" in Vancouver recently, with much more satisfying portions. Maybe we looked overweight (not).Special Features:
- fi14Dined on 11/2/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The smoked salmon eggs benedict is incredible!Special Features:
- A new brunch find!AngieDined on 10/26/2014We had another great meal at Vero - this time it was brunch. I was so happy to find that I was able to make a reservation! So much nicer than showing up and having to wait in a line up. Our party of 4 tried out 2 of the bennies as well as the seafood stew and steak and eggs. We were having so much trouble deciding - we were torn wanting to have their fantastic sweet potato gnocchi, so our server suggested that the kitchen could make us a dinner size appetizer that we could all share. The best of both worlds! Everything we tried was delicious! We were celebrating our daughter's 17th birthday and our server was nice enough to end our meal with a complimentary tiramisu for all of us to share. Great food and fantastic service!Special Features:
- jtluvveroDined on 10/15/2014Have been to Vero few times for dinner and never get disappointed. The food is always superb and the server knows the menu well. Always feel welcome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood is good as usualV3e7r9yDined on 10/11/2014Ate the seafood platter again. The lobster little over done. Fish as good as usual. Pasta was very very good and we order again. We ordered three Desserts Everything gone!!!!!!! Thanks for the great service from JeremySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful Friday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Our table of four had the pleasure of having a charming server who was very attentive to our needs but not overbearing. He offered great options to our selections and helped us up-sell to a better wine (off the menu but worth the risk!) As an appetizer we shared salad, melon with prosciutto, and calamari. All were of a portion not too big to fill but allowed for a great sense of the taste and textures. For dinner I tried the Mushroom risotto which had great flavour and huge chunks of mushroom. Unfortunately no dessert as we were stuffed by the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Great evening at Vero!AngieDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I went to Vero to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment we entered the restaurant, everything was perfect. We were seated and presented with 2 glasses of prosecco along with happy wishes from our server Jeremy. The food was delicious and the service, amazing. Even as the restaurant filled up, Jeremy was attentive and friendly. I can't recommend the gnocchi or steak entree highly enough - best ever! Thank you Vero and Jeremy, for making our special night so perfect!Special Features:
- Best Brunch ever!luvtoeatwithwineDined on 9/28/2014We've been to several excellent brunch places but Vero Bistro was outstanding! The food, as usual, cooked by Chef Jenny was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. The eggs benedict is to die for and you get your choice of 3 different types of eggs benny. Our server, Michael was prompt and attentive and beverages were always refilled promptly. We've been at Vero several times for dinner and it was excellent and now we will definitely return for their brunch. Most good diner-type brunch places don't take reservations and people have to wait in line sometimes for a long period of time, but Vero Bistro there is NO Waiting as they take reservations! Give Vero a try...you definitely won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Vero bistro-excellent experience!CozyLunchRetreatDined on 9/26/2014Several of my colleagues and I dined at Vero bistro over the lunch hour and it was a very memorable experience! The food and atmosphere were excellent. A great spot in the Kensington area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Expensive. Food was hot and tasty but wasn't Fabulous. Service was ok, but wasn't Fabulous. Didn't blow us away. Too much competition in that price range that does put it over the top.
- Great food, terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Waited over 45 mins for our food to arrive. Server was cold and unfriendly. She kept slamming the water jug down on our table, not sure what that was about. Food was very good, fresh and presented very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGRichDined on 9/21/2014Every time we go to Vero we come away full of praise for the wonderful flavors of the food. Staff are terrific and attentive.Special Features:
- Food was awesome, service was notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014For the amount of people in the restaurant, I did not expect the service to be that slow.
- Fine Dining at it best!Fab74Dined on 9/16/2014The food Was outstanding Just like the time before that! Cant say enough about the restaurant, food and decor. The staff is friendly and funny but when we were there a friend of one of our waiters came in and our waiter seemed to forget us. The gentleman that had the outdoor section had to take care of us! We had the same waiter last time and the same thing happened very attentive when we got there then nothing. We will try one mote time and if it does not change we will not go back. It is tooooo BAD because the food id to die for. The Chefs are outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- MmmmmmmKcassDined on 9/16/2014Some friends brought me here for a birthday dinner on the no menu Tuesday. maybe one of the best meals I've ever had. You get whatever the chef decides to make and the chef chose well. From start to finish we all loved every bite. We all wanted to literally lick our plates to get every little taste. Our server (Jeremy I think) was so great. Would love to go back every Tuesday if I could!Special Features:
- Such a great experience everytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014If you haven't had brunch here, stop what you are doing and go! :) It's so good they are now serving it all week long!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the Try!THopperDined on 9/9/2014We visited on "no menu Tuesdays". The atmosphere and food was excellent. We had expected some food items to be options based on a phone call to the restaurant an hour before going, but these items were not available when we arrived. The restaurant did an excellent job in providing alternatives, but I think its important for people to know the food offered changes as the night progresses. If you are not locked in to certain foods and are willing to be spontaneous, you will love the food, service, and overall experience.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceJoizeeVIPDined on 9/9/2014Four of us came here for dinner before heading off to a concert at the Jubilee. We let our waiter know we were a bit pressed for time and he made it all work. The menu was set for the evening as a three course meal...soup, main and dessert...very good. Thanks so much for a great dinner that was really satisfying without being heavy. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious delicious seasonal foodSlurpeeCoolDined on 9/5/2014Always excellent food! Chef Jenny creates feature dishes to showcase what's in season, using top quality ingredient. I'm hooked, always want to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This was my second time at vero, everything was outstanding, it was Tuesday so they had a set menu chosen by the chef. The food was amazing. Prices are very fair and not over priced. I will be returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ShindigzTracyDined on 8/29/2014Been to Vero many times. It's a fav. Did not disappoint again. Delicious food and excellent service combined for a perfect Friday night. Fantastic wine recommendation by our excellent waiter was the cherry on top. Thank you Vero for being you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Gem.MarcVIPDined on 8/24/2014Small and hard to notice due to all the signs around it from competing businesses. What a gem! Well decorated inside, very clean and wonderfully staffed. The service was extraordinary, food absolutely delicious. If your first time, ask for recommendations. We were delighted with the selections recommended. This one will be a favourite.Special Features:
- Deliciousbee2beeDined on 8/24/2014Great menu and wonderful wines to try. Went for brunch and very much enjoyed the Frittata as well as the Gnocchi with a friend. The blood orange cocktail was nice and fresh and I enjoyed a blend of syrah and sangiovese wine from Tuscany. The room is intimate and the service very warm. Great spot!Special Features:
- BrunchBethVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went with an old friend. Their expertise is the Benny. The gnocchi was tasty but not my favorite menu option. It is loud and the servers aren't consistent with your table. Everyone was polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Not very happy. Service was great. Wine really nice. But ordered the pasta special. Must have heard incorrectly but it was 85 dollars for two people. For pasta? It was quite good till my husband discovered a hair in his. He did not say anything at the time. As we were with guests. And felt it was not right. Really wished we would have. It just really turns you off and you leave paying a 300 dollar bill and feeling disappointed.Special Features:
- You can only get steak on WedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014I heard good things about this place so booked a reservation for dinner with an out of town guest and family. Did not realize that you can pretty much only get the steak special on Wednesday...........the steak was good but I think it was a bit pricier then some were planning to spend, so recommend maybe offering the full menu as well. Our guest was vegetation but they did offer a nice gnocchi as an alternate so we were glad for that at least otherwise it would have been a bit of a disaster!
- LawyerDined on 8/13/2014Vero is my favorite restaurant in Calgary. Great value for the price and the food is always amazing! Chef Jenny is always at the top of her game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Girls night out before Wicked at the Jubilee was perfect at Vero Bistro. No menu Tuesday didn't disappoint - can't beat the value, thanks Jenny - still one of my favorite Calgary restaurants.Special Features:
- Good ValueMcCrackensVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went on a Tuesday which had a set menu, we were happy with the food and the service, the restaurant was smaller, which helped reduce the noise level and create a more private atmosphere.Special Features:
- Noteable gnocchiSweetcheekSDined on 8/9/2014Literally the best dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. Makes my taste buds dance! Simply a splendide dish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GetoutoftownDined on 8/8/2014Was a last min reso and was a wonderful experience from the moment we walked in the door! Service was the best I've had in a long time it's nice to see that there are still servers that are willing to do there job! I wish I could remember his name! The food was fantastic and the meatballs are well wow! This is a place I will go back to again and again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very very good. Great choice of flavors and menu items. Good atmosphere, especially with more young adults around. Service was very good and fast. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WombatDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service! Only downer - table for 2 was so small that a plate fell off and broke. Not enough room for all that yummy food. However, we will be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodloverDined on 8/3/2014We have been there several times for brunch and dinner. They never failed us. The food and the service were so good. We had pork chop this time. It was very tender and juicy. Definitely we will come back for their special nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational Birthday dinner!luvtoeatwithwineDined on 8/3/2014My family and I celebrated my birthday and decided to share the seafood platter, pasta platter and steak/frites. The seafood platter was phenomenal with a variety of seafood and wonderful flavors! Home made pasta was a hit and the steak and crispy frites were excellent. Thank you to Chef Jenny for providing us with such a memorable feast! Our waiter Jeremy was so attentive and helpful with his suggestions of sharing dishes family style and food choices. The wine we chose went beautifully with all our dishes.Special Features: