Vero Bistro Moderne
209 - 10th St. NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1V5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Vero Bistro Moderne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verobistro.ca/
- Phone: 4032838988x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch Tues-Fri 9-2PM
Brunch: Sat- Sunday: 10:00 AM-2:30 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jenny Chan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vero offers private parties whether it be company/corporate function or a gathering of friends and family. We have semi and private areas.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Berg 4032838988x
- Special Events:
'No Menu" Tuesday $39/guest
Steak & Frites on Wednesdays $39/guest
A word from Vero Bistro Moderne
With an atmosphere that breathes relaxed elegance, Vero presents a menu that defines inspired Italian Fusion Cuisine. Vero's Chef Jenny believes strongly in the importance of fresh, healthy food while supporting the local community and strives to create flavourful inspired cuisine using quality ingredients sourced from a variety of trusted local producers, Remarkable starters and plates are offered along side hearty entrees, such as the house made pasta, grass fed beef, seafood, lamb, chicken and duck, with many gluten-free options available. Featured small plates include Baby Calamari Frito with romesco and the Signature Sweet Potato Gnocchi with wild boar bacon and gorgonzola, as well as more substantial offerings, such as the Surf & Turf Platter, Steak & Truffle Parmesan Frites, Monkfish w Saffon Risotto and "The Seafood Platter".Continued
No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest
Steak & Frites Wednesdays $39/guest
No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest
Steak & Frites Wednesdays $39/guest
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vero Bistro Moderne - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Vero Bistro Moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (51)great for brunch (39)romantic (37)great for lunch (25)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- jtluvveroDined on 10/15/2014Have been to Vero few times for dinner and never get disappointed. The food is always superb and the server knows the menu well. Always feel welcome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood is good as usualV3e7r9yDined on 10/11/2014Ate the seafood platter again. The lobster little over done. Fish as good as usual. Pasta was very very good and we order again. We ordered three Desserts Everything gone!!!!!!! Thanks for the great service from JeremySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful Friday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Our table of four had the pleasure of having a charming server who was very attentive to our needs but not overbearing. He offered great options to our selections and helped us up-sell to a better wine (off the menu but worth the risk!) As an appetizer we shared salad, melon with prosciutto, and calamari. All were of a portion not too big to fill but allowed for a great sense of the taste and textures. For dinner I tried the Mushroom risotto which had great flavour and huge chunks of mushroom. Unfortunately no dessert as we were stuffed by the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Great evening at Vero!AngieDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I went to Vero to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment we entered the restaurant, everything was perfect. We were seated and presented with 2 glasses of prosecco along with happy wishes from our server Jeremy. The food was delicious and the service, amazing. Even as the restaurant filled up, Jeremy was attentive and friendly. I can't recommend the gnocchi or steak entree highly enough - best ever! Thank you Vero and Jeremy, for making our special night so perfect!Special Features:
- Best Brunch ever!luvtoeatwithwineDined on 9/28/2014We've been to several excellent brunch places but Vero Bistro was outstanding! The food, as usual, cooked by Chef Jenny was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. The eggs benedict is to die for and you get your choice of 3 different types of eggs benny. Our server, Michael was prompt and attentive and beverages were always refilled promptly. We've been at Vero several times for dinner and it was excellent and now we will definitely return for their brunch. Most good diner-type brunch places don't take reservations and people have to wait in line sometimes for a long period of time, but Vero Bistro there is NO Waiting as they take reservations! Give Vero a try...you definitely won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Vero bistro-excellent experience!CozyLunchRetreatDined on 9/26/2014Several of my colleagues and I dined at Vero bistro over the lunch hour and it was a very memorable experience! The food and atmosphere were excellent. A great spot in the Kensington area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Expensive. Food was hot and tasty but wasn't Fabulous. Service was ok, but wasn't Fabulous. Didn't blow us away. Too much competition in that price range that does put it over the top.
- Great food, terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Waited over 45 mins for our food to arrive. Server was cold and unfriendly. She kept slamming the water jug down on our table, not sure what that was about. Food was very good, fresh and presented very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGRichDined on 9/21/2014Every time we go to Vero we come away full of praise for the wonderful flavors of the food. Staff are terrific and attentive.Special Features:
- Food was awesome, service was notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014For the amount of people in the restaurant, I did not expect the service to be that slow.
- Fine Dining at it best!Fab74Dined on 9/16/2014The food Was outstanding Just like the time before that! Cant say enough about the restaurant, food and decor. The staff is friendly and funny but when we were there a friend of one of our waiters came in and our waiter seemed to forget us. The gentleman that had the outdoor section had to take care of us! We had the same waiter last time and the same thing happened very attentive when we got there then nothing. We will try one mote time and if it does not change we will not go back. It is tooooo BAD because the food id to die for. The Chefs are outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- MmmmmmmKcassDined on 9/16/2014Some friends brought me here for a birthday dinner on the no menu Tuesday. maybe one of the best meals I've ever had. You get whatever the chef decides to make and the chef chose well. From start to finish we all loved every bite. We all wanted to literally lick our plates to get every little taste. Our server (Jeremy I think) was so great. Would love to go back every Tuesday if I could!Special Features:
- Such a great experience everytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014If you haven't had brunch here, stop what you are doing and go! :) It's so good they are now serving it all week long!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the Try!THopperDined on 9/9/2014We visited on "no menu Tuesdays". The atmosphere and food was excellent. We had expected some food items to be options based on a phone call to the restaurant an hour before going, but these items were not available when we arrived. The restaurant did an excellent job in providing alternatives, but I think its important for people to know the food offered changes as the night progresses. If you are not locked in to certain foods and are willing to be spontaneous, you will love the food, service, and overall experience.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceJoizeeVIPDined on 9/9/2014Four of us came here for dinner before heading off to a concert at the Jubilee. We let our waiter know we were a bit pressed for time and he made it all work. The menu was set for the evening as a three course meal...soup, main and dessert...very good. Thanks so much for a great dinner that was really satisfying without being heavy. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious delicious seasonal foodSlurpeeCoolDined on 9/5/2014Always excellent food! Chef Jenny creates feature dishes to showcase what's in season, using top quality ingredient. I'm hooked, always want to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This was my second time at vero, everything was outstanding, it was Tuesday so they had a set menu chosen by the chef. The food was amazing. Prices are very fair and not over priced. I will be returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ShindigzTracyDined on 8/29/2014Been to Vero many times. It's a fav. Did not disappoint again. Delicious food and excellent service combined for a perfect Friday night. Fantastic wine recommendation by our excellent waiter was the cherry on top. Thank you Vero for being you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Gem.MarcVIPDined on 8/24/2014Small and hard to notice due to all the signs around it from competing businesses. What a gem! Well decorated inside, very clean and wonderfully staffed. The service was extraordinary, food absolutely delicious. If your first time, ask for recommendations. We were delighted with the selections recommended. This one will be a favourite.Special Features:
- Deliciousbee2beeDined on 8/24/2014Great menu and wonderful wines to try. Went for brunch and very much enjoyed the Frittata as well as the Gnocchi with a friend. The blood orange cocktail was nice and fresh and I enjoyed a blend of syrah and sangiovese wine from Tuscany. The room is intimate and the service very warm. Great spot!Special Features:
- BrunchBethDined on 8/24/2014Went with an old friend. Their expertise is the Benny. The gnocchi was tasty but not my favorite menu option. It is loud and the servers aren't consistent with your table. Everyone was polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Not very happy. Service was great. Wine really nice. But ordered the pasta special. Must have heard incorrectly but it was 85 dollars for two people. For pasta? It was quite good till my husband discovered a hair in his. He did not say anything at the time. As we were with guests. And felt it was not right. Really wished we would have. It just really turns you off and you leave paying a 300 dollar bill and feeling disappointed.Special Features:
- You can only get steak on WedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014I heard good things about this place so booked a reservation for dinner with an out of town guest and family. Did not realize that you can pretty much only get the steak special on Wednesday...........the steak was good but I think it was a bit pricier then some were planning to spend, so recommend maybe offering the full menu as well. Our guest was vegetation but they did offer a nice gnocchi as an alternate so we were glad for that at least otherwise it would have been a bit of a disaster!
- LawyerDined on 8/13/2014Vero is my favorite restaurant in Calgary. Great value for the price and the food is always amazing! Chef Jenny is always at the top of her game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Girls night out before Wicked at the Jubilee was perfect at Vero Bistro. No menu Tuesday didn't disappoint - can't beat the value, thanks Jenny - still one of my favorite Calgary restaurants.Special Features:
- Good ValueMcCrackensVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went on a Tuesday which had a set menu, we were happy with the food and the service, the restaurant was smaller, which helped reduce the noise level and create a more private atmosphere.Special Features:
- Noteable gnocchiSweetcheekSDined on 8/9/2014Literally the best dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. Makes my taste buds dance! Simply a splendide dish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GetoutoftownDined on 8/8/2014Was a last min reso and was a wonderful experience from the moment we walked in the door! Service was the best I've had in a long time it's nice to see that there are still servers that are willing to do there job! I wish I could remember his name! The food was fantastic and the meatballs are well wow! This is a place I will go back to again and again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very very good. Great choice of flavors and menu items. Good atmosphere, especially with more young adults around. Service was very good and fast. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WombatDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service! Only downer - table for 2 was so small that a plate fell off and broke. Not enough room for all that yummy food. However, we will be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodloverDined on 8/3/2014We have been there several times for brunch and dinner. They never failed us. The food and the service were so good. We had pork chop this time. It was very tender and juicy. Definitely we will come back for their special nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational Birthday dinner!luvtoeatwithwineDined on 8/3/2014My family and I celebrated my birthday and decided to share the seafood platter, pasta platter and steak/frites. The seafood platter was phenomenal with a variety of seafood and wonderful flavors! Home made pasta was a hit and the steak and crispy frites were excellent. Thank you to Chef Jenny for providing us with such a memorable feast! Our waiter Jeremy was so attentive and helpful with his suggestions of sharing dishes family style and food choices. The wine we chose went beautifully with all our dishes.Special Features:
- Always great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014Truly one if my favourite spots in the city! Fresh and delicious everytime! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable brunchledsarauerDined on 8/3/2014This was my first restaurant experience with my 3 month old daughter. We were hesitant as it did not appear to be very kid friendly, but the menu was to tempting. Our visit for brunch was outstanding from start to finish. The coffee, the food, the service. All were excellent and would recommend it in a heartbeat. We will definitely be returning for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome smoked salmon eggs benny!fi14Dined on 7/27/2014Vero Bistro by far has the best smoked samlon eggs benedict in the city. Soo delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHamilhDined on 7/22/2014I took my boyfriend to Vero Bistro Moderne for his birthday, it just so happened to coincide with "No Menu Tuesday". It was a delightful treat! I enjoyed the flavours, the wine suggestion, and the decor. Everything was beautifully presented and so very delicious - simply amazing! Thank you for a beautiful night out, we will be back for that seafood platter everyone raves about! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!PaintthetownVIPDined on 7/22/2014Incredible flavours, great service, overall Vero is the one that sets the standard in Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedComedyoferrorsDined on 7/16/2014The reservation was for 8 pm, we arrived around 755pm, and waited aprox 20mins, while another couple without a reservation were seated ahead of us. Two of we ordered the same dinner feature, and one portion was significantly larger than the other in both fries and steak. As far as drinks were concerned, what was priced on the menu versus what was priced on the bill were different. I brought this to the attention of the waitress who corrected the issue. Poorly done Vero, there was no attempt to make reparations of the late seating, and poor portion sizes. Rarely do my girlfriend and I go to a restaurant twice. This was our 5th time to Vero, poorest booking leaving us hungry; we had to supplement the meal with a burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner at Vero BistroTheDiningGuyDined on 7/16/2014Located in the attractive Kensington neighborhood of Calgary. We arrived after a pleasant 20 minute walk from downtown. It's a small restaurant and very popular. We had a reservation for 6 for a business dinner. We had to wait about 35 minutes and there was no where to wait and no drink offered while we stood outside. Once we were seated, the fish & meat dishes and the wine were very good; however, service continued to be slow and that affected everyone's impression. I would not return for a business dinner.Special Features:
- Great FoodYYCCoupleDined on 7/16/2014Went there for our 9 year anniversary, but didn't know that they wouldn't have the full menu available. The website definitely needs work. But the food was great. The ambience was nice, its a very small restaurant which makes the dining experience more intimate. Service was acceptable, although we found it a little slower than we'd like. If you decide to go here make sure you account for at least 2-3 hours of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.