Vero Bistro Moderne
209 - 10th St. NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1V5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Vero Bistro Moderne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verobistro.ca/
- Phone: 4032838988x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Tues-Fri 9-2PM
Brunch: Sat- Sunday: 10:00 AM-2:30 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jenny Chan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vero offers private parties whether it be company/corporate function or a gathering of friends and family. We have semi and private areas.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Berg 4032838988x
- Special Events:
'No Menu" Tuesday $39/guest
Steak & Frites on Wednesdays $39/guest
A word from Vero Bistro Moderne
With an atmosphere that breathes relaxed elegance, Vero presents a menu that defines inspired Italian Fusion Cuisine. Vero's Chef Jenny believes strongly in the importance of fresh, healthy food while supporting the local community and strives to create flavourful inspired cuisine using quality ingredients sourced from a variety of trusted local producers, Remarkable starters and plates are offered along side hearty entrees, such as the house made pasta, grass fed beef, seafood, lamb, chicken and duck, with many gluten-free options available. Featured small plates include Baby Calamari Frito with romesco and the Signature Sweet Potato Gnocchi with wild boar bacon and gorgonzola, as well as more substantial offerings, such as the Surf & Turf Platter, Steak & Truffle Parmesan Frites, Monkfish w Saffon Risotto and "The Seafood Platter".Continued
No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest
Steak & Frites Wednesdays $39/guest
No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest
Steak & Frites Wednesdays $39/guest
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vero Bistro Moderne - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Vero Bistro Moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (51)romantic (40)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (26)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (12)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing!ShindigzTracyDined on 8/29/2014Been to Vero many times. It's a fav. Did not disappoint again. Delicious food and excellent service combined for a perfect Friday night. Fantastic wine recommendation by our excellent waiter was the cherry on top. Thank you Vero for being you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Gem.MarcVIPDined on 8/24/2014Small and hard to notice due to all the signs around it from competing businesses. What a gem! Well decorated inside, very clean and wonderfully staffed. The service was extraordinary, food absolutely delicious. If your first time, ask for recommendations. We were delighted with the selections recommended. This one will be a favourite.Special Features:
- Deliciousbee2beeDined on 8/24/2014Great menu and wonderful wines to try. Went for brunch and very much enjoyed the Frittata as well as the Gnocchi with a friend. The blood orange cocktail was nice and fresh and I enjoyed a blend of syrah and sangiovese wine from Tuscany. The room is intimate and the service very warm. Great spot!Special Features:
- BrunchBethDined on 8/24/2014Went with an old friend. Their expertise is the Benny. The gnocchi was tasty but not my favorite menu option. It is loud and the servers aren't consistent with your table. Everyone was polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Not very happy. Service was great. Wine really nice. But ordered the pasta special. Must have heard incorrectly but it was 85 dollars for two people. For pasta? It was quite good till my husband discovered a hair in his. He did not say anything at the time. As we were with guests. And felt it was not right. Really wished we would have. It just really turns you off and you leave paying a 300 dollar bill and feeling disappointed.Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014We wanted to try a new spot with friends and we had read the reviews on line which were very bang on. We arrived and were seated promptly, the water and drinks were served as we ordered, food was all delicious and promptly served hot. Waiter was very knowledgeable. I would visit again as would our friends who we dined with. Always nice to find a new spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can only get steak on WedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014I heard good things about this place so booked a reservation for dinner with an out of town guest and family. Did not realize that you can pretty much only get the steak special on Wednesday...........the steak was good but I think it was a bit pricier then some were planning to spend, so recommend maybe offering the full menu as well. Our guest was vegetation but they did offer a nice gnocchi as an alternate so we were glad for that at least otherwise it would have been a bit of a disaster!
- Excellent as alwaysfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Girls night out before Wicked at the Jubilee was perfect at Vero Bistro. No menu Tuesday didn't disappoint - can't beat the value, thanks Jenny - still one of my favorite Calgary restaurants.Special Features:
- Good ValueMcCrackensVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went on a Tuesday which had a set menu, we were happy with the food and the service, the restaurant was smaller, which helped reduce the noise level and create a more private atmosphere.Special Features:
- Noteable gnocchiSweetcheekSDined on 8/9/2014Literally the best dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. Makes my taste buds dance! Simply a splendide dish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GetoutoftownDined on 8/8/2014Was a last min reso and was a wonderful experience from the moment we walked in the door! Service was the best I've had in a long time it's nice to see that there are still servers that are willing to do there job! I wish I could remember his name! The food was fantastic and the meatballs are well wow! This is a place I will go back to again and again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very very good. Great choice of flavors and menu items. Good atmosphere, especially with more young adults around. Service was very good and fast. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WombatDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service! Only downer - table for 2 was so small that a plate fell off and broke. Not enough room for all that yummy food. However, we will be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodloverDined on 8/3/2014We have been there several times for brunch and dinner. They never failed us. The food and the service were so good. We had pork chop this time. It was very tender and juicy. Definitely we will come back for their special nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational Birthday dinner!luvtoeatwithwineDined on 8/3/2014My family and I celebrated my birthday and decided to share the seafood platter, pasta platter and steak/frites. The seafood platter was phenomenal with a variety of seafood and wonderful flavors! Home made pasta was a hit and the steak and crispy frites were excellent. Thank you to Chef Jenny for providing us with such a memorable feast! Our waiter Jeremy was so attentive and helpful with his suggestions of sharing dishes family style and food choices. The wine we chose went beautifully with all our dishes.Special Features:
- Not Good Enough for the PricenewfieDined on 8/3/2014The food was good and reasonable portions but not what I expected for the price. I was looking forward to a quiet romantic dinner, but the tables are so small and close together it felt like my wife and I were sitting next to strangers at our anniversary dinner. A couple across from us had flowers ordered to be delivered to the table but there was no room to put them. The service however, was really good.
- Always great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014Truly one if my favourite spots in the city! Fresh and delicious everytime! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable brunchledsarauerDined on 8/3/2014This was my first restaurant experience with my 3 month old daughter. We were hesitant as it did not appear to be very kid friendly, but the menu was to tempting. Our visit for brunch was outstanding from start to finish. The coffee, the food, the service. All were excellent and would recommend it in a heartbeat. We will definitely be returning for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome smoked salmon eggs benny!fi14Dined on 7/27/2014Vero Bistro by far has the best smoked samlon eggs benedict in the city. Soo delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHamilhDined on 7/22/2014I took my boyfriend to Vero Bistro Moderne for his birthday, it just so happened to coincide with "No Menu Tuesday". It was a delightful treat! I enjoyed the flavours, the wine suggestion, and the decor. Everything was beautifully presented and so very delicious - simply amazing! Thank you for a beautiful night out, we will be back for that seafood platter everyone raves about! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!PaintthetownVIPDined on 7/22/2014Incredible flavours, great service, overall Vero is the one that sets the standard in Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedComedyoferrorsDined on 7/16/2014The reservation was for 8 pm, we arrived around 755pm, and waited aprox 20mins, while another couple without a reservation were seated ahead of us. Two of we ordered the same dinner feature, and one portion was significantly larger than the other in both fries and steak. As far as drinks were concerned, what was priced on the menu versus what was priced on the bill were different. I brought this to the attention of the waitress who corrected the issue. Poorly done Vero, there was no attempt to make reparations of the late seating, and poor portion sizes. Rarely do my girlfriend and I go to a restaurant twice. This was our 5th time to Vero, poorest booking leaving us hungry; we had to supplement the meal with a burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner at Vero BistroTheDiningGuyDined on 7/16/2014Located in the attractive Kensington neighborhood of Calgary. We arrived after a pleasant 20 minute walk from downtown. It's a small restaurant and very popular. We had a reservation for 6 for a business dinner. We had to wait about 35 minutes and there was no where to wait and no drink offered while we stood outside. Once we were seated, the fish & meat dishes and the wine were very good; however, service continued to be slow and that affected everyone's impression. I would not return for a business dinner.Special Features:
- Great FoodYYCCoupleDined on 7/16/2014Went there for our 9 year anniversary, but didn't know that they wouldn't have the full menu available. The website definitely needs work. But the food was great. The ambience was nice, its a very small restaurant which makes the dining experience more intimate. Service was acceptable, although we found it a little slower than we'd like. If you decide to go here make sure you account for at least 2-3 hours of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great lunchAnnJimDined on 7/16/2014The service was exceptionally friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and very well plated. The premises are small which contributed to a relatively quiet dining experience. The size also means that a reservation is a good idea to avoid disappointment. In all a great experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunch!CadladDined on 7/13/2014This is one of the best brunch spots in Calgary! The eggs Benedict are incredible - lots of fresh ingredients on top of a freshly baked croissant!! Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly goodSeymoreDined on 6/27/2014We started with the Maple Walnut bacon sweet potato gnocchi. It was amazing. Unfortunately our main courses were not as impressive. We had the pork chop and the seafood stew. Both were a little plain and lacking in the flavors the menu had us hoping for. However they were a good portion size and better than similar restaurants we have been to in the same price range. The specials did end up looking better than what we ordered and we would suggest trying those if you go. Overall, worth trying once or twice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free amazingness!!Jojo1Dined on 6/27/2014Great food, amazing service and a spectacular selection of Gluten free food. I highly recommend vero. Ive been coming since it opened and the quality is unwavering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Package!!!Jenalea71Dined on 6/27/2014Lunch at Vero Bistro has it all! Sleek decor, brilliant food and Diane, their lunchtime server who makes you feel like family. She’s welcoming and fun, adding a wonderful ease to fine dining...keeps us coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant serviceEvergreenTastebudsDined on 6/24/2014Service good. Steak prepared expertly. Too bad pasta was far too salty. Server was gracious enough to comp the pasta and the chef threw in an extra desert as atonement.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicesJoy2dineDined on 6/22/2014I had sweet potato gnocchi was soooooo good. You have to try it. Lamb chop is excellent. I am a foodie, I was very please and plan to go back to try the other selection on the menu. Great Job to Jenny the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2014Fantastic brunch menu! One of the best in the city! Great service and just an all around great experience! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Lunchclm2014Dined on 6/20/2014The meal was very good - service was exceptional. The server overheard that it was a retirement lunch and brought an appetizer on the house. We ordered the steak and frites that also came with a salad. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Only suggestion would be the noise level. The restaurant was not full and we still had a hard time hearing each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day brunchGingerDined on 6/15/2014We had a fantastic brunch at Vero's on Sunday. The set menu had a lot of options and was very kid-friendly as well. It was the first time that my husband had eaten at Vero's and he was really pleased with the gluten-free options. Our small children loved their stuffed French toast. The service was very attentive and fast. We were so thrilled with our experience that we will definitely make Vero's a regular spot for dining out.Special Features:
- Amazing Entrees!rayjaycottonheadDined on 6/13/2014I had the 'special' - salmon over lentils and asparagus - and my friend had the scallops, and both dishes were amazing. It's more on the pricey side but worth every penny for the food. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Vero Bistro Moderne ReviewdaleDined on 6/8/2014Table was ready when arrived. Server is helpful, great services. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChatNoirDined on 6/7/2014One of the best brunches I have had and would recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to eat. Also accepts reservations for brunch which is very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014Amazing food as always. This restaurant never disappoints. It will make it in the top 50 in Canada one of these days! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemshewhaaDined on 6/3/2014I've had lunch and brunch at this restaurant and have been pleased with the food and service. The presentation of the food on my plate looked appealing and appetizing. It just happened that I ordered Salmon at all my meals as I was pleased on how fresh it tasted. My experience with the servers was that they were positive and happy to please their customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014This is not a kid-frienndly restaurant but serve still allowed 3 babies into the restaurant. Food and wine everything is good but babies ruined the whole atmosphere. I think owner should indicate that no minors allowed!