Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
6855 4th Street NW
Los Ranchos De Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yougottapassword.com/
- Phone: 5053410831x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Live music nightly! Check our website for times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire by calling 505.341.0831.
- Private Party Facilities: Vernon's is available for private dining and will work to accommodate all our guest's needs. From the Capone Room to closing our venue down for your event, contact us to reserve your Vernon's experience! You gotta password?
- Private Party Contact: Chuck Lindsey 5053410831x
- Entertainment: Vernon's features live music every night of the week! From Bob Tate tickling the ivories to Le Chat Lunatique filling the air with funky jazz, Vernon's is proud to present great music in true speak easy style. You never know who might be on stage in the Black Diamond Lounge. http://www.thehiddensteakhouse.com/black-diamond-lounge
- Special Events: Please contact us for all your special event needs at 505-341-0831.
A word from Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse is the only speak easy in New Mexico! We feature exquisite steaks and seafood in a superb dining atmosphere. The culmination of live music, great food and top notch service, as well as the need for "the Password", create an atmosphere and dining experience that surely proves to be one of a kind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Los Ranchos ›
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (139)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (39)late-night find (23)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (21)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great food, high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary. The food was excellent, the ambience great, although the service was a little slow. The prices charged make this a special occasion only type of place. Entrees are $45 and up. Wine by the glass of $12. All this combined means a party of two will likely spend in excess of $200 for a meal.Special Features:
- amazing night outerider86Dined on 10/13/2014Took my fiancé out for a surprise date night. We couldn't have been more impressed with everything that night. The food was the best we have ever had well worth the money. The atmosphere was romantic and relaxing. Service was outstanding. Didn't have to ask for anything the whole night, they were on point the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vernon's SteakhousewilkyDined on 10/13/2014The ambiance of Vernon’s Steakhouse is relaxing, coupled with its exquisite dining, superb service makes for an exhilarating experience. By-the-way, this is my fourth visit to Vernon's Steakhouse within a year.Special Features:
- Hmmmmm....weesieDined on 10/13/2014Did not care for my horseradish potatoes and the broccoli should have been done where I didn't need a saw to cut the stem. the waiter was terrific. Would. I come back? Doubtful for a bill that was pennies away from $200 for two people.Special Features:
- delicious dinner menuSatisfiedDined on 10/11/2014This was my first experience at Vernons, and I would have to say the whole experience started at the front door, the ambiance was very tasteful. Our waitress recommended the aged meat, which is off the menu, we had to try it and was very pleased with the way our dinner was presented and the taste of this aged beef, delicious. I definitely will recommend this place to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable, in a good way.LilkittyDined on 10/11/2014The theme was based on a speakeasy. The entrance staff and waiters were in period type "costume". The resturant is extremely dark so if you have a small flashlight I would bring it to read the menu. There are ample "delicious" food selections and some delicious signature drinks. The price is such that for us it will be a special occasion dining event. It was my birthday and I was given a complementary dessert. No kids or cell phones allowed. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice placekerryDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was perfect for a romantic night with the wife. Very quiet get away.. no kids running around... the staff was attentive. Pricey but worth it. Large selection of wines. Organized waitresses and waiters. Very proactive making sure we had what we need but without the nuisance of always checking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermrvernDined on 10/10/2014You need a password to get in - like an old time speak-easy. The atmosphere was great & the service was great. My wife thought here filet mignon was really good. I had the boneless ribeye, which was not so good. The overall experience was good - was just disappointed in my choice of entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra Special Treatsquareroot2Dined on 10/10/2014The food was amazing! Delicious steaks cooked to perfection with sides than complimented the meal! The waitstaff was very knowledgeable about the menu and was very helpful each of us (6) make our perfect selection. Among the very best steak dinners we have ever had! The themed ambiance added an extra kick of fun for an engaging evening! Look forward to other special occasions at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse and would absolutely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Settle in for an intimate dinneryumyumfoodDined on 10/8/2014Food was excellent, service was okay (friendly but slow and not informed about the menu as much as one would expect - for example, waiter was unsure where the fish was from). Can't beat the atmosphere, whether you're there for dinner or just a cocktail. Drinks are perfectly made and the greeter was fun and whitty. Would love to see more locally harvested foods featured, and perhaps a vegetarian entree choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencertheiarDined on 10/8/2014While everything is certainly pricey, it is also worth every penny. The food and cocktails were amazing and the speakeasy atmosphere was fun, classy, and very memorable.Special Features:
- AlanDined on 10/7/2014Outstanding service, by ALL people! Have recommended to others alreadySpecial Features:
- Nothing Better Than VernonsSWEarlDined on 10/5/2014Vernon's is an amazing place to eat. I found it back in 2010 with my dad and have been going there at least once a year for my birthday since. While the price is large it is worth every time and because of that my perfect birthday gift is to have dinner at Vernon's as I did this year. They have wonderful ambiance, a unique speak easy style, wonderful service and just perfect to take friends to impress them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Vernon's. 'Nuff saidFTEIIIDined on 10/2/2014Fabulous atmosphere, food, piano and the best bouncer in town.Special Features:
- Anniversary treatGramaDined on 9/27/2014Not too many high end places left in Abq, we chose Vernon's and were happy that we did. The man taking the secret password was friendly and fun. We were early, so to the bar where I had a generous and tasty martini. Seated at our table, server Kathleen was very attentive and pleasant. Great wine list, but only needed one glass so went to that list. Disappointed that there is no sparkling wine by the glass. Hubby is a French onion soup lover and heartily approved of this one. I had the watercress salad which was just lovely! Hubby liked that you load your loaded mashed potatoes yourself. Green beans were very crisp, as I prefer...hubby not so much. Everything was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredDined on 9/26/2014As always, had an awesome time. All of my guests had never been there before and loved the whole experience. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time, great food and service.PaulieDined on 9/26/2014A fun and unusual atmosphere for Albuquerque. The service was top notch all around and both my wife and I loved our meals. The only negative I could say was that they do not seem to enforce the dress code which is probably a plus for most people but was a bit of a disappointment to me. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationjerryDined on 9/26/2014It was the perfect setting with an excellent crab cake appitizer and steaks cooked as ordered. A special dessert for 2 was offered free of charge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I really enjoyed the dining atmosphere it was nice and relaxing. The food was great as well as the service was amazing. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2014Concept of Speak-Easy is cool idea. They pull off fairly well. Remember your pass word. The food is Steakhouse style menu.Prime Beef is available. It is very expensive. But a must do for Albuquerque.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in albuquerque.thehappyoneDined on 9/21/2014We had a great evening here. The food was outstanding. The service by all persons was also outstanding. Our treatment by the staff was above and beyond. I would have no problems recommending you to any and all of my friends.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerGsreviewDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I celebrated wedding anniversary. We've dined here before so the unique features of needing a password to get in and the way you are greeted when you enter lost there appeal. The service was excellent. Food was very good but my steak needed to be replaced which the happily did. Overall, great experience and we will definately come back.Special Features:
- Birthday surprise.ShotWastersDined on 9/18/2014A fun and a great experience! We dressed up with boas & beads, as well as fedoras, garters & fake cigars for our surprise outing to this speakeasy setting. We also hired a limo and ordered roses that came to our table upon arrival. This would also be a cozy, romantic get away for just a couple out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aalaneaaalaneaDined on 9/17/2014Found this restaurant on one of those internet lists of "10 restaurants you haven't heard about" or similar. Since we would be passing through Albuquerque , we decided to try it. The evening was great! The filet, shrimp scampi and truffle mashed potatoes were super. "Jacko" the doorman was entertaining, the bartender was skilled, the wait staff and management were attentive. Service was delayed due to a large party but the meal and overall experience made the wait worthwhile.Special Features:
- A MUST TRYTJABQDined on 9/14/2014A great dining experience that everyone must try, at least once. Be prepared as it is not cheap in any way, but a great place for a special occasion. Vernon's would be an ideal place to impress any out of town town.Special Features:
- Great food... weird atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Went to Vernon's on Sunday night for my Wedding anniversary. The food was great and the service was excellent but the atmosphere was a little broken due to a loud table that was both underdressed and not behaving in the classy standards that the theme of the restaurant should hold its patrons to. However, the restaurant and its atmosphere have been great on every other occasion where I have dined there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceabqhousefinderDined on 9/13/2014The food was great. Best steaks in New Mexico. Very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the whole experienceKVigilDined on 9/12/2014Food was awesome, service was great and my wife and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not live up to expectationsCelebrateLifeDined on 9/6/2014The room we were in was noisy and felt like a well decorated room in a mobile home - raised plywood flooring small and noisy. Our waiter spoke so fast I could not understand him. He was very attentive prior to ordering and when our food arrived he disappeared. The lobster bisque was phenominal, but the fillets were tough - not what a fillet should be! The kitchen swapped our steaks - right sides, but wrong doneness. And as i stated above, our waiter disappeared. This is the kind of mistake you expect at a much less expensive establishmnet. The quality of ambiance, food and service was far below what I expected of this place. It put a real damper on our celebration.Special Features:
- Class of it's ownPrazdaDined on 9/2/2014I really enjoyed my visit and plan on going again. The service, food, and respect I was given was impeccable. Needles to say, this restaurant is in a class of it's own. 5 star all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionbirthdaygirlDined on 9/2/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding, very romantic ambiance.Special Features:
- Great steak in a great settingabqeatsDined on 9/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised that, in addition to the fun and effective speakeasy ambiance, the food at Vernon's was exceptionally good. This is as good a prime rib that I have ever had, and the sides were also excellent. We went for our 30th anniversary and agreed it was a great choice. I enjoyed the available Cabernet by the glass which went exceptionally well with prime rib. I will be recommending this place to my friends.Special Features:
- OutstandingLarryVIPDined on 8/31/2014An overall great dining experience. A complete surprise because the restaurant is so uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Vernon'sPabloVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went to a celebration dinner with friends. Had heard that Vernon's was the best steak in ABQ. Was a bit surprised to find they didn't offer any prime, aged filet cuts. They do offer prime cuts in ribeye so if not partial to filet mignon, it should be fine. Lobster tail was a bit expensive for what you got. They do have "Choice +" filet. Wait staff seemed a bit chaotic at times, but we were pleased when we finally got one of the better waitstaff. They forgot the appetizer and when we inquired on it, they were very apologetic. All in all, a good night out and we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful 21st birthdaydinentrepreneurDined on 8/30/2014I brought my best friend to Vernon's for her 21st birthday. I value customer service and great food, the food and drinks we had were superb. Now although everything else was great, the server we had seemed to overlook us because of our age. He visited the other tables multiple times but only see us every now and then. He didn't show much interest in his job and wad very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service was great. A little pricey for Albuquerque but overall, a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day weekendgoodtimeDined on 8/29/2014Food was good, service great... Food was a little expensive, would have liked to have had prime cut without having to buy a 20 oz steak (bone in). all in all we enjoyed ourselves. Negatives, we were seated in the back corner at a table for 2 facing a wall and then there was a group of 3 sitting close to us and one of the women in the group needed to use her indoor voice. she spoke so load it was annoying...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very coolGoodvittlesDined on 8/29/2014It was very fun. Delicious food. Plan on at least around $70/person without drinks or dessert. Easily more if you want appetizer or salad. Two entrees and an appetizer were $164 for us. Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationtadudeabqDined on 8/28/2014Went to Vernon's to celebrate a birthday and everything was outstanding. Entering the restaurant through a secret entrance that requires a password was fun and the lounge with live piano was too cool. The drinks are nice and strong! Food was well worth the price! NY steak and prime rib are melt in your mouth tender, lobster was great and the lamb chops are the best I have had! Huge portions so go hungry! Very romantic with true candle light dinning! Will be back very soon!!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Great!lmuzicDined on 8/23/2014Vernon's is a very special place in Albuquerque. The service is excellent- the food is the best, bar none. You will not walk away disappointed- ever.Special Features: