Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
6855 4th Street NW
Los Ranchos De Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yougottapassword.com/
- Phone: (505) 341-0831
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Live music nightly! Check our website for times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire by calling 505.341.0831.
- Private Party Facilities: Vernon's is available for private dining and will work to accommodate all our guest's needs. From the Capone Room to closing our venue down for your event, contact us to reserve your Vernon's experience! You gotta password?
- Private Party Contact: Chuck Lindsey 5053410831x
- Entertainment: Vernon's features live music every night of the week! From Bob Tate tickling the ivories to Le Chat Lunatique filling the air with funky jazz, Vernon's is proud to present great music in true speak easy style. You never know who might be on stage in the Black Diamond Lounge. http://www.thehiddensteakhouse.com/black-diamond-lounge
- Special Events: Please contact us for all your special event needs at 505-341-0831.
A word from Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse is the only speak easy in New Mexico! We feature exquisite steaks and seafood in a superb dining atmosphere. The culmination of live music, great food and top notch service, as well as the need for "the Password", create an atmosphere and dining experience that surely proves to be one of a kind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Los Ranchos ›
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)romantic (134)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (27)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014It is kind of expensive but it was great food, great selection for drinks and each table is set off on their own. Live band made it a little louder but still wonderful setting. This place is an experience to be sure that you don't want to miss out on! My husband and I went on our anniversary and they were will to accommodate with flowers, wine of our choice (even if it wasn't on the list), even limo to and from. They really have worked with other locals to make sure it is the full deal! Love this place and the fact it is a ma and pa place makes it that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!GraceDined on 11/21/2014We have heard nothing but good things about this place and decided to try it for ourselves. Everything was excellent from the service to the food. It was pricey, but it was all worth it. I will definetly be going there again for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect!!HappyCamperDined on 11/20/2014I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary and I couldn't believe how wonderful everything is! The service is phenomenal, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is one of a kind. I will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining for aniversaryTontoDined on 11/13/2014Was exactly what I would have expected. Tha ambiance was wonderful the service great just like I had been there before. People coming in to eat were very friendly,even the person explaining the rules was great. A very great experience will do this again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRomanticDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was a wonderful place to share in with my girlfriend, who lives out of town. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Good......but was expecting great!66dineDined on 11/8/2014First time to visit Vernon"s. Thought the food was good and the atmosphere was fun. Service was exceptionally slow. We had a good dinner and a fun evening but not sure it was worth the price.
- Divine Dining ExperienceQueenVDined on 11/7/2014We never fail to experience the best food, the best service, and the best setting of any Albuquerque restaurant. Being a frequent visitor of NYC food establishments, Vernon's seriously outranks some of our best dining experiences. From the doorman to the hostess to the busboy to the waiter to the musical guests - it is all phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaLuDined on 11/4/2014There is a reason this restaurant is so highly rated. The food is delicious, prepared exactly to your order. The service is attentive without being stalker-ish. We notified them when we made reservations that it was our anniversary, so we felt we received excellent treatment, from the private booth to the well-wishes to the complimentary dessert at the end of our meal. I highly recommend ordering the truffle oil infused mashed potatoes to accompany your meal. We savored every bite. The entire experience made for a wonderful celebration dinner. We were not rushed either. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014My wife and I went to Vernon's for our first wedding anniversary and it couldn't have been better. It was our first visit there and we couldn't have been more pleased. Everything was perfect. The speakeasy setting was fun and unique, the food was delicious, our service in the lounge area was superb. Overall it was one of the best dining experiences we've had. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vernon'sFineDineConnisseurDined on 11/2/2014Great location for an intimate and private date if you desire a classy location with little distractions and great service. I was disappointed in the quality of the compliments (sides). We had the wasabi potatoes, truffle potatoes, and broccoli. The broccoli was no better than what I steam at home and the potatoes were average. For the price ($86.00 dry aged ribeye, etc), I expected phenomenal side items. Interestingly, the truffle potatoes were better as leftovers and so was the dry aged ribeye when reheated in a pan with a pat of butter (original was cooked medium). Nonetheless, I would return, am definitely a fan, and will not reorder the dry aged beef (was happier with my guest's filet). Overall terrific establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to dine!dineDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I went to Vernon's for our 23 rd. anniversary and it was great.... Vernon's made it so special with an awesome dessert! We will definitely dinner there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Vernon's is a great place to go out for a romantic night of fun. Not only is the food great, but they really play off the speak easy atmosphere. Great food and great service. I can see why it attracts all the stars when they are in town because of their rules about 'bothering' guests. This is a very expensive place though so be prepared to spend some money. Well worth it for occasions though. It was much more lively inside than I anticipated.Special Features:
- SpecialKatinthehatDined on 11/1/2014Vernon's is one of those restaurants that make you feel extra special for dining there. It made our 17 year anniversary very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyDissatisfiedDined on 11/1/2014We made reservations for 5:30, arrived 7 mins early and were asked to sit at the bar. Then we were seated 11 minutes late, in a fairly empty restaurant, and the hostess lied, using the excuse that she was alone. The appetizers were good and not too pricy, but the food was way overpriced and my $80 lobster tail was overcooked. I would have sent it back but the timing in the kitchen was horrible and we had already sat for 20 mins with an empty table. Thank goodness we had a coupon. We won't be back. The doorman was the best part of the evening but as we were trying to leave with four other patrons we got "stuck" in the side foyer so the doorman could do his schpiel. I blame management. The restaurant has potential with proper training.
- Halloween HeavenDonTomasDined on 10/31/2014My sweetie and I had a great time. Wonderful food and service. 1920s atmosphere with gangster skits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved this placewantedahamburgerDined on 10/30/2014Our expectations were very high and we were not disappointed. Three of us ate there and three dishes were superb. One of the best meals I have ever had. The service was amazing. It is pretty pricey but we did not regret spending the $ for the delicious food, ambianece and service. The wine was excellent. A very special place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but $$$$$Roberto87112Dined on 10/29/2014Good food, excellent service, but very pricey. Entry procedure is interesting (locked door with password) but can be dragged out too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one word. AMAZINGbesteverDined on 10/26/2014This place is amazing would defiantly go back.This is a must guys birthdays anniversary etc your lady will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We went for my wife's birthday. The food was great! The staff were outstanding as well. I would go to the is place for often but it is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO EXPENSIVE. WILL NOT RETURNOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I arrived. It was pretty fascinatin to see the special way that the restaurant operates. But once inside and reviewing the menu, I began to second guess. It was almost ridiculous how expensive this restaurant costs. The Five Star rating scale has **- - - 2/5 stars as "fair". I felt that this was below fair price. The easily obtained password and the interesting play on mysteriousness was not worth the money.Special Features:
- FUN!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014So much fun! Such great food! Memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambianceGabyGalDined on 10/25/2014First time enjoying Vernon's hidden valley steak house and wasn't let down. Work acquaintance recommended Vernon's as a great romantic spot with even better steak, I agree wholeheartedly. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We usually go to Vernon's for our birthdays and anniversaries and have had excellent experiences so far. Last Saturday we celebrated our anniversary with a much anticipated visit. My husband enjoyed his filet mignon but I had a hard time chewing the gristle on my medium rare prime rib. When I spoke to our waitress and the assistant manager I was told that the chef said that all the pieces of prime rib will have the same amount of gristle and that most prime rib in general will be like this. I have had prime rib before which did not have gristle and soft and buttery to bite into so I was surprised that they said this. They did offer an exchange of meat but as I said before they couldn't guarantee it would be different. The did offer a small dessert for free for this inconvenience. I think we will think twice next time about Vernon's for our special celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!e2thelDined on 10/24/2014My boyfriend took me to Vernons to celebrate birthday and it couldn't have been a better gift. We were seated in one of the booths, which was very cozy and romantic. Every employee we came in contact with was incredibly helpful and professional. And the food was delicious! I had the dry aged ribeye and he had the porterhouse. Both were amazing. We both loved our experience at Vernon's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- famcelbusDined on 10/24/2014We came for the jazz and was blown away by the food. Sina Soul and her band were playing and we had a couple things to celebrate. So, it was the perfect combination for us. The food was truly the best in ABQ. The only downer was the lack of a table in the bar area after dinner for more drinks. But that's O.K. we stayed anyway for the great jazz..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDisappointedDined on 10/24/2014We were a little early for our reservations, so our seating should not have been a problem. We were in the far back corner of the largest room. Three of us. There was a large round table next to us and six people, from a child to a grandmother, were seated there. We could hear every bit of their conversation, but one woman guest had such a loud cackle when she laughed that it was very distracting and didn't match the mood of the evening. The service was good and the food was good, Though not outstanding. A little disappointing since most of our previous dinners there have been outstanding. We'll probably return, maybe not on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Excellent night out!tadudeabqDined on 10/22/2014Vernons was excellent as usual for drinks, food and service! Celebrated another birthday and had a great time! Our server Sean was knowledgeable and provided top notch service! NY steak and lobster was great and prime rib was perfectly cooked. A must try is the New Mexican Pork Tenderloin with red chile reduction and perfect truffle risotto! Thank you again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Steak, Filet, and crab cakes excellent, interesting motif and attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Vernon's did not live up to the hype or price tag. I will not be returning.Special Features:
- MeganMegs4Dined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and we loved everything about it! Great food, great service and a lovely experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary. The food was excellent, the ambience great, although the service was a little slow. The prices charged make this a special occasion only type of place. Entrees are $45 and up. Wine by the glass of $12. All this combined means a party of two will likely spend in excess of $200 for a meal.Special Features:
- amazing night outerider86Dined on 10/13/2014Took my fiancé out for a surprise date night. We couldn't have been more impressed with everything that night. The food was the best we have ever had well worth the money. The atmosphere was romantic and relaxing. Service was outstanding. Didn't have to ask for anything the whole night, they were on point the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vernon's SteakhousewilkyDined on 10/13/2014The ambiance of Vernon’s Steakhouse is relaxing, coupled with its exquisite dining, superb service makes for an exhilarating experience. By-the-way, this is my fourth visit to Vernon's Steakhouse within a year.Special Features:
- Hmmmmm....weesieDined on 10/13/2014Did not care for my horseradish potatoes and the broccoli should have been done where I didn't need a saw to cut the stem. the waiter was terrific. Would. I come back? Doubtful for a bill that was pennies away from $200 for two people.Special Features:
- delicious dinner menuSatisfiedDined on 10/11/2014This was my first experience at Vernons, and I would have to say the whole experience started at the front door, the ambiance was very tasteful. Our waitress recommended the aged meat, which is off the menu, we had to try it and was very pleased with the way our dinner was presented and the taste of this aged beef, delicious. I definitely will recommend this place to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable, in a good way.LilkittyDined on 10/11/2014The theme was based on a speakeasy. The entrance staff and waiters were in period type "costume". The resturant is extremely dark so if you have a small flashlight I would bring it to read the menu. There are ample "delicious" food selections and some delicious signature drinks. The price is such that for us it will be a special occasion dining event. It was my birthday and I was given a complementary dessert. No kids or cell phones allowed. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice placekerryDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was perfect for a romantic night with the wife. Very quiet get away.. no kids running around... the staff was attentive. Pricey but worth it. Large selection of wines. Organized waitresses and waiters. Very proactive making sure we had what we need but without the nuisance of always checking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermrvernDined on 10/10/2014You need a password to get in - like an old time speak-easy. The atmosphere was great & the service was great. My wife thought here filet mignon was really good. I had the boneless ribeye, which was not so good. The overall experience was good - was just disappointed in my choice of entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra Special Treatsquareroot2Dined on 10/10/2014The food was amazing! Delicious steaks cooked to perfection with sides than complimented the meal! The waitstaff was very knowledgeable about the menu and was very helpful each of us (6) make our perfect selection. Among the very best steak dinners we have ever had! The themed ambiance added an extra kick of fun for an engaging evening! Look forward to other special occasions at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse and would absolutely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Settle in for an intimate dinneryumyumfoodDined on 10/8/2014Food was excellent, service was okay (friendly but slow and not informed about the menu as much as one would expect - for example, waiter was unsure where the fish was from). Can't beat the atmosphere, whether you're there for dinner or just a cocktail. Drinks are perfectly made and the greeter was fun and whitty. Would love to see more locally harvested foods featured, and perhaps a vegetarian entree choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.