Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
6855 4th Street NW
Los Ranchos De Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yougottapassword.com/
- Phone: 5053410831x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Live music nightly! Check our website for times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire by calling 505.341.0831.
- Private Party Facilities: Vernon's is available for private dining and will work to accommodate all our guest's needs. From the Capone Room to closing our venue down for your event, contact us to reserve your Vernon's experience! You gotta password?
- Private Party Contact: Chuck Lindsey 5053410831x
- Entertainment: Vernon's features live music every night of the week! From Bob Tate tickling the ivories to Le Chat Lunatique filling the air with funky jazz, Vernon's is proud to present great music in true speak easy style. You never know who might be on stage in the Black Diamond Lounge. http://www.thehiddensteakhouse.com/black-diamond-lounge
- Special Events: Please contact us for all your special event needs at 505-341-0831.
A word from Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse is the only speak easy in New Mexico! We feature exquisite steaks and seafood in a superb dining atmosphere. The culmination of live music, great food and top notch service, as well as the need for "the Password", create an atmosphere and dining experience that surely proves to be one of a kind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Los Ranchos ›
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)romantic (141)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (35)late-night find (21)good for groups (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- aalaneaaalaneaDined on 9/17/2014Found this restaurant on one of those internet lists of "10 restaurants you haven't heard about" or similar. Since we would be passing through Albuquerque , we decided to try it. The evening was great! The filet, shrimp scampi and truffle mashed potatoes were super. "Jacko" the doorman was entertaining, the bartender was skilled, the wait staff and management were attentive. Service was delayed due to a large party but the meal and overall experience made the wait worthwhile.Special Features:
- A MUST TRYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014A great dining experience that everyone must try, at least once. Be prepared as it is not cheap in any way, but a great place for a special occasion. Vernon's would be an ideal place to impress any out of town town.Special Features:
- Great food... weird atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Went to Vernon's on Sunday night for my Wedding anniversary. The food was great and the service was excellent but the atmosphere was a little broken due to a loud table that was both underdressed and not behaving in the classy standards that the theme of the restaurant should hold its patrons to. However, the restaurant and its atmosphere have been great on every other occasion where I have dined there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceabqhousefinderDined on 9/13/2014The food was great. Best steaks in New Mexico. Very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the whole experienceKVigilDined on 9/12/2014Food was awesome, service was great and my wife and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not live up to expectationsCelebrateLifeDined on 9/6/2014The room we were in was noisy and felt like a well decorated room in a mobile home - raised plywood flooring small and noisy. Our waiter spoke so fast I could not understand him. He was very attentive prior to ordering and when our food arrived he disappeared. The lobster bisque was phenominal, but the fillets were tough - not what a fillet should be! The kitchen swapped our steaks - right sides, but wrong doneness. And as i stated above, our waiter disappeared. This is the kind of mistake you expect at a much less expensive establishmnet. The quality of ambiance, food and service was far below what I expected of this place. It put a real damper on our celebration.Special Features:
- Class of it's ownPrazdaDined on 9/2/2014I really enjoyed my visit and plan on going again. The service, food, and respect I was given was impeccable. Needles to say, this restaurant is in a class of it's own. 5 star all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionbirthdaygirlDined on 9/2/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding, very romantic ambiance.Special Features:
- Great steak in a great settingabqeatsDined on 9/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised that, in addition to the fun and effective speakeasy ambiance, the food at Vernon's was exceptionally good. This is as good a prime rib that I have ever had, and the sides were also excellent. We went for our 30th anniversary and agreed it was a great choice. I enjoyed the available Cabernet by the glass which went exceptionally well with prime rib. I will be recommending this place to my friends.Special Features:
- OutstandingLarryVIPDined on 8/31/2014An overall great dining experience. A complete surprise because the restaurant is so uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Vernon'sPabloVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went to a celebration dinner with friends. Had heard that Vernon's was the best steak in ABQ. Was a bit surprised to find they didn't offer any prime, aged filet cuts. They do offer prime cuts in ribeye so if not partial to filet mignon, it should be fine. Lobster tail was a bit expensive for what you got. They do have "Choice +" filet. Wait staff seemed a bit chaotic at times, but we were pleased when we finally got one of the better waitstaff. They forgot the appetizer and when we inquired on it, they were very apologetic. All in all, a good night out and we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful 21st birthdaydinentrepreneurDined on 8/30/2014I brought my best friend to Vernon's for her 21st birthday. I value customer service and great food, the food and drinks we had were superb. Now although everything else was great, the server we had seemed to overlook us because of our age. He visited the other tables multiple times but only see us every now and then. He didn't show much interest in his job and wad very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service was great. A little pricey for Albuquerque but overall, a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day weekendgoodtimeDined on 8/29/2014Food was good, service great... Food was a little expensive, would have liked to have had prime cut without having to buy a 20 oz steak (bone in). all in all we enjoyed ourselves. Negatives, we were seated in the back corner at a table for 2 facing a wall and then there was a group of 3 sitting close to us and one of the women in the group needed to use her indoor voice. she spoke so load it was annoying...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very coolGoodvittlesDined on 8/29/2014It was very fun. Delicious food. Plan on at least around $70/person without drinks or dessert. Easily more if you want appetizer or salad. Two entrees and an appetizer were $164 for us. Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationtadudeabqDined on 8/28/2014Went to Vernon's to celebrate a birthday and everything was outstanding. Entering the restaurant through a secret entrance that requires a password was fun and the lounge with live piano was too cool. The drinks are nice and strong! Food was well worth the price! NY steak and prime rib are melt in your mouth tender, lobster was great and the lamb chops are the best I have had! Huge portions so go hungry! Very romantic with true candle light dinning! Will be back very soon!!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Great!lmuzicDined on 8/23/2014Vernon's is a very special place in Albuquerque. The service is excellent- the food is the best, bar none. You will not walk away disappointed- ever.Special Features:
- Excellent AmbianceFitFoodLoverDined on 8/22/2014This is the perfect restaurant for special occasions or just making your loved one feel spoiled. The food is delicious and the staff is friendly. Loved the ambiance of the joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Waiter was overly deferential and uber-polite. He needs to tone it down. I had a Caesar Salad I could hardly eat because it had excessive pepper or chile in it, which I did not order. I wish he had warned me about it in advance. The prime rib was delicious but had several ounces of fat on it. Waiter left us hanging for ten minues or more after eating because we wanted to order dessert. We had to ask the bus person for a dessert menu. The other three members of my party were quite pleased with everything.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent Dining experience, Top Shelf , We will definately be backSpecial Features:
- Vernon's Never Disappoints!PicositaDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I have dined here three times now, and this has to be our favorite restaurant, hands down! Vernon's is definitely a special occasion spot, so if you're thinking of taking a date here, make sure you're serious first, or your date just might get the wrong idea. ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service, but...OaT54Dined on 8/21/2014We found the service to be incredible, but we were disappointed in the quality of the food for such an upscale restaurant. Both my wife and I felt we have had for better meals, specifically better tasting beef (Filet Mignon and NY Strip) in every other upscale restaurant we have eaten at in ABQ. I do have to say that our meats were cooked to perfection, but the taste just wasn't there. Even my wife, who never looks for any thing to add on to meat was left disappointed with the overall lack of flavor. Somewhat disconcerting also, was the overall darkness of the restaurant. Between the black walls and the very low lighting, I'm not sure our eyes every fully adjusted to the darkness to feel comfortable throughout our meal.Special Features:
- Amazing placeDinnr42Dined on 8/20/2014Me and my wife had an excellent anniversary here, we highly recommend this place for a very romantic evening. You are in for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureAlmaDined on 8/17/2014As usual, Vernon's was such a pleasure. Our waiter Sean (Shawn) remembered us from dining with them last time and took care of us with the same, if not even more, wonderful, charismatic charm that he had the last time we all meet. Thanks again Vernon's for making our anniversary so wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing! The service was spot on. Loved the atmosphere. Definitely going to make this a place for all our Special Occasions!Special Features:
- unique experiencedcsalazarDined on 8/16/2014This is the best restaurant in Albuquerque. The staff was amazing and very attentive. The food was beyond great. We will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was great...BUTpipesmokeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Server was great. The food was not enough to justify the price. The fish was scant for the money. The steak was okay, and not great. I suggest Embers at Isleta.
- Amazing food!Jordan23Dined on 8/15/2014It's an amazing place with amazing food! We loved the theme of the restaurant and the staff was very accommodating to our needs. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNHRRDined on 8/14/2014The food was beyond amazing! Everyone was very helpful and polite. They were more than willing to reschedule our reservation to a later time and even let us move to a more private table. After dinner, they took the time to take our picture. Overall, it was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow is all I can say!DeSmetDairyGirlDined on 8/13/2014Wow! My condolences to anyone who hasn't been here yet! #1 best steak I've ever eaten! It was cooked to perfection. The flavor was on point! Not only that but I paired it with truffle mashed potatoes and that just added to the deliciousness of the food! To top it all off, our waiter, Sterling, was VERY knowledgeable about the menu, food pairings, etc. he was also the most polite waiter I've ever had. Yes it was VERY expensive ($250 go my husband and I) but it was sooooooooo worth it for our special occasion! I tip my hat to you all over at Vernon's! Keep doing a wonderful job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent eveningRecreationalDinerDined on 8/12/2014We went to Vernon's for an anniversary celebration. We were not disappointed. I had the roasted corn and crab bisque and my wife had their watercress salad. Both were excellent, and presented perfectly. We ordered the rack of elk (one elk rib steak) and the shrimp scampi. The elk was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful taste. The scampi consisted of 5 very large tiger prawns. Both were cooked perfectly. We ended the dinner with chocolate decadence and a chocolate creme brulee with pine nuts. The service was perfect across the board. Not too intrusive, but always present when required. This was one of the best meals that we have had in a long time. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!CoachDined on 8/9/2014Food, ambiance, and service were great! My favorite place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsNytroDined on 8/9/2014Vernon's Steakhouse is a truly outstanding dining experience and easily one of the best in Albuquerque, if not all of New Mexico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best experienceLuv2eat08Dined on 8/8/2014My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary. We had a blast! Service was great! Atmosphere was a wonderful experience!!! The food was beyond delicious!!!! Very pricy, yes, but it was very worth every penny!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Place was fun to go to, the atmosphere was entertaining from the door man to the good waitress. Food was higher priced, as expected, but the quality was worth it. I will be recommending my friends come here. Only problem I had and why I did not give it 4 stars is after making a reservation for a 15 minute window I still had to wait almost a half hour after that to get a table and a couple who came after me was seated before we were (assuming their reservation was earlier)Special Features:
- A nite out.SpatzDined on 8/8/2014Second time dining at Vernon's. The theme is of the speakeasy era and adds a little fun to the experience. Food and service have been great both times. The only thing prohibiting us from eating there more often is the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone needs to tryTonyDined on 8/6/2014Come eat some great food while enjoying a great atmosphere. Great place to take your family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday experienceskygazerDined on 8/6/2014The food was fabulous and the service outstanding! I loved the fact that they asked us to turn our cell phones off. It was nice and quiet and perfect for visiting and enjoying delicious food with friends. It was my sister's birthday and the chef made a special dessert for her. I had the ribeye steak and it was done to perfection. It was so huge that I took the leftovers home and had two lunches afterwards. I highly recommend the chocolate crème brulee. That alone is worth going back for! It was a fun experience to give my password and enjoy the speakeasy atmosphere in the front. Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOUTSTANDINGDined on 8/3/2014We had heard about this place but never been. We decided to treat ourselves to something different. It is like walking back in time to the speakeasy days rules to dining here, password to get into the restaurant. Dusty our waiter was fantastic, the additional servers were also outstanding refilling our drinks as soon as we finished, asked to remove our plates shortly after finishing. I would highly recommend for that special occasion or something different!! THE STEAKS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD. BEST STEAK I'VE EVER HAD!!Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicebregmanlawDined on 7/30/2014We are never disappointed at Vernon's. The wait staff is top notch, the food is always prepared to perfection and the jazz lounge is a great place to catch some good music with a pre-dinner cocktail or an after dinner dessert and coffee.Special Features: