Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
6855 4th Street NW
Los Ranchos De Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yougottapassword.com/
- Phone: 5053410831x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Live music nightly! Check our website for times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire by calling 505.341.0831.
- Private Party Facilities: Vernon's is available for private dining and will work to accommodate all our guest's needs. From the Capone Room to closing our venue down for your event, contact us to reserve your Vernon's experience! You gotta password?
- Private Party Contact: Chuck Lindsey 5053410831x
- Entertainment: Vernon's features live music every night of the week! From Bob Tate tickling the ivories to Le Chat Lunatique filling the air with funky jazz, Vernon's is proud to present great music in true speak easy style. You never know who might be on stage in the Black Diamond Lounge. http://www.thehiddensteakhouse.com/black-diamond-lounge
- Special Events: Please contact us for all your special event needs at 505-341-0831.
A word from Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse is the only speak easy in New Mexico! We feature exquisite steaks and seafood in a superb dining atmosphere. The culmination of live music, great food and top notch service, as well as the need for "the Password", create an atmosphere and dining experience that surely proves to be one of a kind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Los Ranchos ›
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)romantic (142)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (27)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- one word. AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014This place is amazing would defiantly go back.This is a must guys birthdays anniversary etc your lady will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We went for my wife's birthday. The food was great! The staff were outstanding as well. I would go to the is place for often but it is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO EXPENSIVE. WILL NOT RETURNOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I arrived. It was pretty fascinatin to see the special way that the restaurant operates. But once inside and reviewing the menu, I began to second guess. It was almost ridiculous how expensive this restaurant costs. The Five Star rating scale has **- - - 2/5 stars as "fair". I felt that this was below fair price. The easily obtained password and the interesting play on mysteriousness was not worth the money.Special Features:
- FUN!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014So much fun! Such great food! Memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014First time enjoying Vernon's hidden valley steak house and wasn't let down. Work acquaintance recommended Vernon's as a great romantic spot with even better steak, I agree wholeheartedly. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We usually go to Vernon's for our birthdays and anniversaries and have had excellent experiences so far. Last Saturday we celebrated our anniversary with a much anticipated visit. My husband enjoyed his filet mignon but I had a hard time chewing the gristle on my medium rare prime rib. When I spoke to our waitress and the assistant manager I was told that the chef said that all the pieces of prime rib will have the same amount of gristle and that most prime rib in general will be like this. I have had prime rib before which did not have gristle and soft and buttery to bite into so I was surprised that they said this. They did offer an exchange of meat but as I said before they couldn't guarantee it would be different. The did offer a small dessert for free for this inconvenience. I think we will think twice next time about Vernon's for our special celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!e2thelDined on 10/24/2014My boyfriend took me to Vernons to celebrate birthday and it couldn't have been a better gift. We were seated in one of the booths, which was very cozy and romantic. Every employee we came in contact with was incredibly helpful and professional. And the food was delicious! I had the dry aged ribeye and he had the porterhouse. Both were amazing. We both loved our experience at Vernon's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We came for the jazz and was blown away by the food. Sina Soul and her band were playing and we had a couple things to celebrate. So, it was the perfect combination for us. The food was truly the best in ABQ. The only downer was the lack of a table in the bar area after dinner for more drinks. But that's O.K. we stayed anyway for the great jazz..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDisappointedDined on 10/24/2014We were a little early for our reservations, so our seating should not have been a problem. We were in the far back corner of the largest room. Three of us. There was a large round table next to us and six people, from a child to a grandmother, were seated there. We could hear every bit of their conversation, but one woman guest had such a loud cackle when she laughed that it was very distracting and didn't match the mood of the evening. The service was good and the food was good, Though not outstanding. A little disappointing since most of our previous dinners there have been outstanding. We'll probably return, maybe not on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Excellent night out!tadudeabqDined on 10/22/2014Vernons was excellent as usual for drinks, food and service! Celebrated another birthday and had a great time! Our server Sean was knowledgeable and provided top notch service! NY steak and lobster was great and prime rib was perfectly cooked. A must try is the New Mexican Pork Tenderloin with red chile reduction and perfect truffle risotto! Thank you again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Steak, Filet, and crab cakes excellent, interesting motif and attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Vernon's did not live up to the hype or price tag. I will not be returning.Special Features:
- MeganMegs4Dined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and we loved everything about it! Great food, great service and a lovely experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary. The food was excellent, the ambience great, although the service was a little slow. The prices charged make this a special occasion only type of place. Entrees are $45 and up. Wine by the glass of $12. All this combined means a party of two will likely spend in excess of $200 for a meal.Special Features:
- amazing night outerider86Dined on 10/13/2014Took my fiancé out for a surprise date night. We couldn't have been more impressed with everything that night. The food was the best we have ever had well worth the money. The atmosphere was romantic and relaxing. Service was outstanding. Didn't have to ask for anything the whole night, they were on point the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vernon's SteakhousewilkyDined on 10/13/2014The ambiance of Vernon’s Steakhouse is relaxing, coupled with its exquisite dining, superb service makes for an exhilarating experience. By-the-way, this is my fourth visit to Vernon's Steakhouse within a year.Special Features:
- Hmmmmm....weesieDined on 10/13/2014Did not care for my horseradish potatoes and the broccoli should have been done where I didn't need a saw to cut the stem. the waiter was terrific. Would. I come back? Doubtful for a bill that was pennies away from $200 for two people.Special Features:
- delicious dinner menuSatisfiedDined on 10/11/2014This was my first experience at Vernons, and I would have to say the whole experience started at the front door, the ambiance was very tasteful. Our waitress recommended the aged meat, which is off the menu, we had to try it and was very pleased with the way our dinner was presented and the taste of this aged beef, delicious. I definitely will recommend this place to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable, in a good way.LilkittyDined on 10/11/2014The theme was based on a speakeasy. The entrance staff and waiters were in period type "costume". The resturant is extremely dark so if you have a small flashlight I would bring it to read the menu. There are ample "delicious" food selections and some delicious signature drinks. The price is such that for us it will be a special occasion dining event. It was my birthday and I was given a complementary dessert. No kids or cell phones allowed. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice placekerryDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was perfect for a romantic night with the wife. Very quiet get away.. no kids running around... the staff was attentive. Pricey but worth it. Large selection of wines. Organized waitresses and waiters. Very proactive making sure we had what we need but without the nuisance of always checking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermrvernDined on 10/10/2014You need a password to get in - like an old time speak-easy. The atmosphere was great & the service was great. My wife thought here filet mignon was really good. I had the boneless ribeye, which was not so good. The overall experience was good - was just disappointed in my choice of entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra Special Treatsquareroot2Dined on 10/10/2014The food was amazing! Delicious steaks cooked to perfection with sides than complimented the meal! The waitstaff was very knowledgeable about the menu and was very helpful each of us (6) make our perfect selection. Among the very best steak dinners we have ever had! The themed ambiance added an extra kick of fun for an engaging evening! Look forward to other special occasions at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse and would absolutely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Settle in for an intimate dinneryumyumfoodDined on 10/8/2014Food was excellent, service was okay (friendly but slow and not informed about the menu as much as one would expect - for example, waiter was unsure where the fish was from). Can't beat the atmosphere, whether you're there for dinner or just a cocktail. Drinks are perfectly made and the greeter was fun and whitty. Would love to see more locally harvested foods featured, and perhaps a vegetarian entree choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencertheiarDined on 10/8/2014While everything is certainly pricey, it is also worth every penny. The food and cocktails were amazing and the speakeasy atmosphere was fun, classy, and very memorable.Special Features:
- AlanDined on 10/7/2014Outstanding service, by ALL people! Have recommended to others alreadySpecial Features:
- Nothing Better Than VernonsSWEarlDined on 10/5/2014Vernon's is an amazing place to eat. I found it back in 2010 with my dad and have been going there at least once a year for my birthday since. While the price is large it is worth every time and because of that my perfect birthday gift is to have dinner at Vernon's as I did this year. They have wonderful ambiance, a unique speak easy style, wonderful service and just perfect to take friends to impress them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Vernon's. 'Nuff saidFTEIIIDined on 10/2/2014Fabulous atmosphere, food, piano and the best bouncer in town.Special Features:
- Anniversary treatGramaDined on 9/27/2014Not too many high end places left in Abq, we chose Vernon's and were happy that we did. The man taking the secret password was friendly and fun. We were early, so to the bar where I had a generous and tasty martini. Seated at our table, server Kathleen was very attentive and pleasant. Great wine list, but only needed one glass so went to that list. Disappointed that there is no sparkling wine by the glass. Hubby is a French onion soup lover and heartily approved of this one. I had the watercress salad which was just lovely! Hubby liked that you load your loaded mashed potatoes yourself. Green beans were very crisp, as I prefer...hubby not so much. Everything was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredDined on 9/26/2014As always, had an awesome time. All of my guests had never been there before and loved the whole experience. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time, great food and service.PaulieDined on 9/26/2014A fun and unusual atmosphere for Albuquerque. The service was top notch all around and both my wife and I loved our meals. The only negative I could say was that they do not seem to enforce the dress code which is probably a plus for most people but was a bit of a disappointment to me. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationjerryDined on 9/26/2014It was the perfect setting with an excellent crab cake appitizer and steaks cooked as ordered. A special dessert for 2 was offered free of charge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I really enjoyed the dining atmosphere it was nice and relaxing. The food was great as well as the service was amazing. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2014Concept of Speak-Easy is cool idea. They pull off fairly well. Remember your pass word. The food is Steakhouse style menu.Prime Beef is available. It is very expensive. But a must do for Albuquerque.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in albuquerque.thehappyoneDined on 9/21/2014We had a great evening here. The food was outstanding. The service by all persons was also outstanding. Our treatment by the staff was above and beyond. I would have no problems recommending you to any and all of my friends.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerGsreviewDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I celebrated wedding anniversary. We've dined here before so the unique features of needing a password to get in and the way you are greeted when you enter lost there appeal. The service was excellent. Food was very good but my steak needed to be replaced which the happily did. Overall, great experience and we will definately come back.Special Features:
- Birthday surprise.ShotWastersDined on 9/18/2014A fun and a great experience! We dressed up with boas & beads, as well as fedoras, garters & fake cigars for our surprise outing to this speakeasy setting. We also hired a limo and ordered roses that came to our table upon arrival. This would also be a cozy, romantic get away for just a couple out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aalaneaaalaneaDined on 9/17/2014Found this restaurant on one of those internet lists of "10 restaurants you haven't heard about" or similar. Since we would be passing through Albuquerque , we decided to try it. The evening was great! The filet, shrimp scampi and truffle mashed potatoes were super. "Jacko" the doorman was entertaining, the bartender was skilled, the wait staff and management were attentive. Service was delayed due to a large party but the meal and overall experience made the wait worthwhile.Special Features:
- A MUST TRYTJABQDined on 9/14/2014A great dining experience that everyone must try, at least once. Be prepared as it is not cheap in any way, but a great place for a special occasion. Vernon's would be an ideal place to impress any out of town town.Special Features:
- Great food... weird atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Went to Vernon's on Sunday night for my Wedding anniversary. The food was great and the service was excellent but the atmosphere was a little broken due to a loud table that was both underdressed and not behaving in the classy standards that the theme of the restaurant should hold its patrons to. However, the restaurant and its atmosphere have been great on every other occasion where I have dined there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceabqhousefinderDined on 9/13/2014The food was great. Best steaks in New Mexico. Very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.