Vermicelli Vietnamese Cuisine
1492 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
Vermicelli Vietnamese Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vermicellinyc.com/
- Phone: 2122888868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vermicelli Vietnamese Cuisine
If you are craving the bold flavors of authentic Vietnamese cuisine, visit Vermicelli Restaurant. Located on the fashionable Upper East Side of Manhattan, Vermicelli offers the best food in town for the entire family. Delicious food in a great Vietnamese atmosphere sure sounds like a winning combination!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vermicelli Vietnamese Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RepeatCharlesDined on 9/20/2014My prior excellent review of the food, service and ambience was confirmed.Special Features:
- Authentic and Delicious Vietnamesenyc2centsVIPDined on 7/27/2014Went with a friend who has lived in Vietnam for the last decade. The food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Vermicelli Vietnamese Cuisine reviews archive.
- Non-responsive food requestmartVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have been eating in the restaurant since it has opened and recommended it to friends. We always order the same things, which include chicken with mango and vermicelli noodles that come with chicken and scrimp. My wife does not eat scrimp and has always gotten broccoli as a substitute. On this visit the waiter said to get broccoli it would cost $3.00. Broccoli is certainly cheaper that scrimp, but no, $3. I like scrimp and asked that it be put on the side and not in the dish. But no, can't put scrimp on the side. We won't be going there as much and certainly will no longer recommend it to friends. The boss wasn't in. He is only there during the day.Special Features:
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2014I absoloutely loved the food at Vermicelli. The spices were aromatic and mixed perfectly. The server was attentive and friendly. I will certainly be back and can not wait! So many options and delicious, delicious food!!!Special Features:
- Finally a good UES findtwosomeoneDined on 5/7/2014I've been looking for good Vietnamese food on the UES (knowing full well I should go downtown) but Vermicelli is a great find. The service was wonderful, and the food hit the spot. I had grilled lemongrass chicken on namesake Vermicelli Vietnamese noodles and enjoyed it immensely. My father loved his grilled pork chop and sticky coconut rice (and he's a picky pork guy). Would definitely recommend this to friends in the neighborhood looking for something new to try.Special Features:
- LobsterRichardDined on 4/5/2014It was delicious, beautifully presented, but difficult to eat because it was in the shell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly pleasedTaste4differenceDined on 4/5/2014The food was very well prepared. I had the spicy jumbo shrimp and squid. Very spicy and prepared well. The frog legs were great. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the service was good. I definitely recommend, especially for date nights.Special Features:
- it was nice!foodloverDined on 3/8/2014I had a birthday dinner with a group of 22 people, 23 including me. The resturant was really nice! The atmosphere was perfect. They were very accommodating as originally I made reservation for 20 ppl, but 2 more people can and they were helpful! Good service as well! Would definitely doanother dinner here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two different appetizers hadHRoseVIPDined on 12/26/2013Two different appetizers had to be returned as they were cold inside. Took lots of time to replace. Crispy fish dry. Duck was good.
- Still tasty after all these yearsGothamgalVIPDined on 8/27/2013I hadn't been to this restaurant in many years but found myself meeting a friend in the neighborhood and thought to give it a try, see how it was doing. You know the way sometimes your memory is better than the reality? Well, not this time. Vermicelli still has a very interesting and enticing menu and the choices we made were wonderful. I'd forgotten that they have outside seating, which we opted for on a beautiful summer night. Go and give it a try when you're seeking Vientnamese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great grilled pork chops, but......pakruthVIPDined on 7/5/2013Haven't been here in about 11 years, when I last lived in neighborhood-remembered why it was never a regular place for me to eat. The grilled pork chops were delicious but the shrimp and vegs and shrimp with noodles were so-so. The 2 shrimp dishes were flavored the same with same vegs(cabbage and onions...)--bland. Service was very attentive-only 2 other tables were there.
- I was part of a party of fourALANVIPDined on 4/27/2013I was part of a party of four dining last Sat. evening. The wait between the serving of the appetizers and the main courses was 40 minutes. When the entrees finally arrived they were cold. I asked to speak to the manager and was advised that there was nobody in charge that evening----only servers. What kind of a restaurant has nobody in charge on a Sat. evening! Needless to say, my entire party was completely displeased.
- We had a lovely experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013We had a lovely experience. The food was delicious, the room is pretty, and the service unobtrusive and professional. This is a great neighborhood Vietnamese restaurant.Special Features:
- 4 star taste at a 2 star priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We truly enjoyed this meal... went for Valentines day the first time and they had a prix fixe that was extremely wallet friendly, but the service was as if we were overpaying... professional, friendly, and every bite was awesomely delicious.Special Features:
- It was difficult to checkWJC722VIPDined on 1/4/2013It was difficult to check in, they told me they did not have ny reservation. I even showed the email with my confirmation and it was still a problem. Also it is winter and everyone has coat checks. Very difficult to eat and hold your coat. A fe.w hooks would help I had eaten there before but will not go back.
- Great service & Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2012Spent New Years Eve at Vermicelli - great food, fantastic service (happy smiling waiter who was very nice to our group of 5, including our two kids) appetizers were stunning, although not sure the crispy frogs legs were thoroughly cooked - maybe they are supposed to be pink? Entres good, but not as amazing as appetizers. All in all a great evening!
- A lucky find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/8/2012Who would've thought a group of 20 could find a Saturday night reservation on 7:45 for 8:00 pm in NYC? Well, Vermicelli Vietnamese called me 5 minutes after making the reservation to confirm and by the time our group arrived from our flashmob high school reunion a few blocks a way, we were 39 people! The staff was extremely gracious and accommodated all of us! The food was great and reasonably priced. While I wouldn't recommend trying to reproduce our luck, I would hands down recommend this restaurant on any night of the week with any size group for great tasting, healthy, and authentic Vietnamese fare at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- What can I say: Eh. On theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/24/2012What can I say: Eh. On the way out a regular told me what to order next time....too late for me.
- Food not authentic. ChineseLesPenseesVIPDined on 11/10/2012Food not authentic. Chinese cook serving Vietnamese food.
- Brought the girlfriend hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Brought the girlfriend here for an anniversary and she loved it. It was slightly pricier than wanted but other than that, everything was great. Food was awesome. Waiter was very helpful. Nice romantic evening.Special Features:
- Pho and the grilled chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Pho and the grilled chicken swkewers were great. The vegetarian tofu dish was poor.Special Features:
- The food is really good -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2012The food is really good - tasty sauces and interesting spices. It's a great neighborhood place with reasonable to inexpensive prices and good service. Steak was a bit tough, but aside from that, everything else was great. I've lived near the restaurant for years and finally went in last month. Had such a good experience I've been back 2x with friends since then!Special Features:
- We had an early dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2012We had an early dinner here a few weeks ago and it was lovely. The front opens to outside and we enjoyed a light breeze and some delicious food on a hot summer night. The green papaya salad was amazing. Would definitely come again.
- The food was excellent, andLynnetteVIPDined on 5/15/2012The food was excellent, and quite reasonable. I had soft shell crabs-two for $20.00. You can't buy them at a fish shop for that price. They prepared them with out spice for me, and they were splendid. My guests enjoyed their meal, also, and everything was delicious and served beautifully. The waiters were attentive and courteous. It was a lovely experience and the restaurant was packed. it's no wonder that it is so crowded.Special Features:
- I thought the mixed appetizerNYCfoodieVIPDined on 4/29/2012I thought the mixed appetizer plate was terrific, but the duck in peanut sauce was even BETTER. Then I was sent to absolute heaven with the cracked lobster in Asian spices! It was truly OUTSTANDING. The staff were most welcoming and helpful - what a really wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Best part of meal was appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Best part of meal was appetizer plate assortment for two. If we had stopped there, would ahve beenahead of the game
- The food is very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/10/2012The food is very good and portions are big. Prices are reasonable including the alcohol. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- A very good alternative (it'sUpperEastsiderDined on 1/21/2012A very good alternative (it's Vietnamese with an Italian name) if you want flavorful food in a nice neighborhood place. The menu is extensive with something for everyone, and the prices are as friendly as the staff.Special Features:
- I have been to this localOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/2/2011I have been to this local restaurant numerous times. This was the first time I was terribly disappointed. The food was greasy and fatty. The rice was dry, and the white wine was not chilled. We told our waiter that the food was fatty and he just smiled. Perhaps we did not understand, but his response was annoying. I will never go back, and I will not recommend it ever again.
- appetizer selection diversemartiniVIPDined on 10/8/2011appetizer selection diverse and well presented. One of the best coffee desserts