Veritas Wine and Bistro
830 University Drive East, Suite 400
College Station, TX 77840Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Veritas Wine and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veritaswineandbistro.com/
- Phone: 9792683251
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11 AM - 2 PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Tai Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Veritas caters to many of your events. Options include buffet style, butler style, as well as full service. Veritas operates State of the Art Mobile Kitchen to perform all cooking off-site. Our mobile Kitchen is capable of replicating every dish served at Veritas. Please feel free to call our Private Party coordinator for all catering details, at (979) 268-3251.
- Private Party Facilities: Our new private banquet room makes Veritas the ideal venue for business meetings, engagement parties, bridal luncheons, and rehearsal dinners with full compliments of state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment. Please feel free to call our Private Party coordinator for all catering details.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Cho (979) 268-3251
- Entertainment: Live music begins every weekend night between 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm.
- Special Events: Veritas hosts many special events from Large Birthday Party, Bridal Shower, to Wedding Reception. Please contact us at 979-268-3251 for more details.
A word from Veritas Wine and Bistro
Veritas presents a unique blend of contemporary decor and related cosmopolitan ambiance inviting you to sample the culinary creations focused on seasonality. Executive Chef, Tai Lee, has created a modern French-American-Asian bistro where the traditions of French cuisine meet the flavors of the American and Asian market with a menu reflecting the changing seasons & a focus on the simplicity of fine ingredients. Chef Lee's uncompromising insistence on quality and freshness means the texture & flavor of each bite is a moment to savor. Select a table for quiet & intimate enjoyment or sit at the Chef's table coveted as the perfect spot for an interactive culinary experience. The preeminent role of wine at Veritas is immediately apparent to all guests as soon as they enter the restaurant. A 12 foot high, 90 square foot glass walled cellar centrally positioned in the restaurant, colorfully displays over 1800 bottles.br Come experience the sense of excitement at Veritas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Veritas Wine and Bistro - Best Restaurants in College Station ›
Veritas Wine and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (35)special occasion (35)romantic (29)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- It is what it is...IMuHVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great in some respects, weak in others. Lamb and duck were spot on; we'd order them again without hesitation. Sashimi was excellent and mostly well cut -- but the sampler plate was far too large, given the remainder of our order. With hindsight we could have been clearer when ordering -- or our server could have taken the initiative and asked about appetite levels. The crispy signature roll wasn't crispy. It was also delivered with the sashimi, so was even soggier by the time we were ready to eat it. The beet salad used to be a nicely plated dish, but is now a bowl of small pieces swimming in dressing. Good if you can't chew, perhaps. Our server asked, often, if everything was "delicious", but didn't wait around for answers.
- DaydreamingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014I have found myself daydreaming about my steak dinner for about 3 days now. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fishAdrianDined on 9/8/2014Food is excellent , service great. Unfortunately it is very expensive. Probably the most expensive in town and as expensive as nice places in San Francisco. One should count on $100/person wine included, provided one selects a reasonably priced wine.Special Features:
- I'd go backFMDAdvocateDined on 8/31/2014Plus for me the restaurant is within walking distance from the Marriott Residence Inn. Service was outstanding. The food was delicious but very small portion. Two asparagus on the plate as the only vegetable just wasn't enough. There were several tables open on a Sunday evening but I was seated near the kitchen and toilet. Overall, it is still a nice place, good but expensive food, good location, with a very good server and bus girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food as always. Such a special place with great atmosphere and ambiance!Special Features:
- Friday Night DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The best dining experience we have had in six months! Roasted Golden Beet Salad, Lump Crab Cakes (husband had a steak), wine selection were delicious! Live music this night and it was thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing. Our waiter was perfect...helpful and warm with a sense of humor, without being intrusive. We've already recommended Veritas to several of our friends! Suggest reservations for Friday night. We loved that we were not rushed, they weren't trying to "turn the tables" so we had a lovely relaxed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulIrishBrewDined on 8/26/2014We are new to the area and were becoming concerned about finding some upscale restaurants. Veritas is a wonderful find! The tomato bisque, the beet salad, the sea bass all spectacular. Certainly as good as all but the very high-end restauants back home. Service was exceptional - ask for one of Josh's tables.Special Features:
- delicioys alwaysluv2eatwellDined on 8/23/2014the food and service and friendliness are always the very best ,food is fresh, seasonal, well presented and the most remarkable combination of flavors. great any timeSpecial Features:
- Awesome Asian fusionEtl2Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent Asian fusion sea bass great nice atmosphere wait staff needs a little more training d it is usually about attention to details but food was surprisingly very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went to the restaurant for daughters graduation celebration. Service and food was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion LunchAggie79Dined on 8/15/2014We made a luncheon reservation to celebrate our son's graduation from TAMU. The staff had the table set up in a private alcove for us and our guests. The service was prompt; the staff was knowledgeable about the food and wine. The food was very nice. Two people had the grilled fish of the day and said it was outstanding. Veritas is an excellent fine dining choice. Thank you for making our day even more special.Special Features:
- Not QuiteCinCinVIPDined on 8/14/2014Fish not quite up to par. Steaks and Lamb excellent. All in all, a good place for most of our diners, but not all.
- Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014What a treat! Watching the food orders being prepared with the great care of the friendly staff. We were given insite to new desserts and the new restaurant Palaos (sorry not sure of spelling), but I'll be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Nice quiet atmosphere. Let the chef choose your menuSpecial Features:
- Great music, food & company...BobGDined on 8/2/2014It was our first time to visit Veritas & we had actually been invited by a friend who was playing there that night. Knew we would love the music, but dinner was an added bonus. Can you say YUMMY? Delicious? Very nice presentation? Yes, it was all of those. Thanks Dave for invite, sharing the evening with you & your family made for a great first visit. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Best place in town. Remarkable wine list. I recommend the salmon, the wagyu beef and all the desserts. And the soup du jour is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best local restaurantsWinesnobDined on 8/1/2014Good on line reservation system, but should provide for seating choice. Well trained and friendly waitress. Considerate and involved manager. Reasonably good choice of entrees. Food is a little pricey for the area. Wine list OK, but not outstanding. The usual big markup on wine bottles. Food well prepared and displayed. Live music a plus.Special Features:
- Amazing!vericrazyDined on 8/1/2014The food is to die for! Service is great every time! Chef is so nice! Every holiday or special occasion, my husband and I are here. Not to mention those nights we want something delicious! Best food in BCS by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angus Sushi is awesomeAgbackerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Chef Tai keeps it going at a high pace of excellence. Great food and service at lunch. Love this place!Special Features:
- MehhhOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014We were sat in a big boring room with a view of the bathroom. No ambiance at all. While the food was good...the service was bad. Took an hour to get out entree. Overpriced wine and drinks.
- VERY NICEHELMEMANVIPDined on 7/15/2014AFTER COMING FROM A LARGER CITY AND TRAVELING QUIET A BIT WE WERE CONCERNED ABOUT FINDING GOOD RESTAURANTS HERE IN BCS. I AM GLAD TO SAY THAT VERITAS DID NOT DISAPPOINT US. VERY NICE LUNCH. WE WILL BE A REGULAR.Special Features:
- Bravo!ChasDined on 7/13/2014The meal was wonderful. Great service and Deerfield Pinot. Chef Tai has it wired.Special Features:
- Elegant and High ClassKianesFamilyDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I are parents of six with a passion for food, and an oppurtunity to have a night to ourselves. Your Chef prepared a beautiful six course meal paired perfectly with white and red wines as if he knew us personally! The waitress was very prompt and a had knowledge of everything she placed on the table. Last but by far not the least the desert course had four breath taking deserts which truly no words can describe. Thankyou! We look forward to returning for our next date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently among best in TexasChasVIPDined on 6/18/2014The menu doesn't change often, so I have dined my way through most of the items. Most are excellent, all are at least very good. If you are new to Veritas, the servers are knowledgeable and will point you to some of the most popular items. Even if you are in a college town far from major urban areas, don't shy away from the seafood. It is fresh and sophisticated as any you will in the fusion genre. It is also great to see the entrepreneur, Chef Tai, in the kitchen and out amongst the patrons. Foodies should sit at the chef's table which is really a counter with a great kitchen view. There you will learn that every member of the prep crew has been with the establishment since day one. That might be the best recommendation of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- omakase OMGHappydocDined on 6/18/2014The omakase was again outstanding. The sauces did not overpower the primary food - they enhanced it. We especially enjoyed the sea bass. Finishing with three delectable desserts, coffee and kahlua ended the evening perfectly. Good company, outstanding service ( thanks Sam ), and pleasant atmosphere were the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodNerdDined on 6/16/2014My boyfriend (a total foody) has idolized Chef Tais food since he was in the food truck on A&Ms campus. We went to Vertias on Monday for his 21st birthday and each ordered the 6 course meal. It was phenominal. No words. He and I were in hog heaven and love everything about this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchSeminole38VIPDined on 6/14/2014We went there with family for lunch and really enjoyed their menu. The Rubben is huge, the sirloin were excellent, but the best is their fries and sweet potatoes fries, a must-have.Special Features:
- Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014This was the first time in more than 3 years I've gone to Veritas. Main reason is I no longer live in College Station. I took my wife to Veritas for her birthday and I was not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!LarryLivDined on 6/6/2014Food was delicious! Problem with flies (2) near the window seat. Gnat ended up in my wine. Yes, we were sitting inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellent!JcastroDined on 5/24/2014Great menu choices, excellent service and a notable wine list. What else do you need? Ah, enjoyed the music and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Enjoyable date nightJ0shIsThaB3stDined on 5/24/2014Seated promptly with an 8:30 reservation. Courses were timed appropriately and the service was not overbearing but sufficient. An overall pleasant and memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 376 reviews are from the Veritas Wine and Bistro reviews archive.
- Quaint setting, awesome foodTriggerAgDined on 5/19/2014I've been to Veritas several times, and went back to one of my standby's, the steak sushi roll, with succulent steak wrapped in steamed rice with a tender chunk of asparagus in the middle. The teriyaki drizzle and soy fusion to dip in was as good as always. Will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Fine Dining for CS!beekers03Dined on 5/17/2014We took my mother here for a belated mother's day dinner & the food & service were outstanding. We ordered the bacon jerky to start, which was perfectly sweet & savory then we each got a different entree, all delicious. The service was impeccable, the right amount of assistance without being overbearing. Great job & we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceHonestAugustDined on 4/20/2014The only problem with the food is that it is gone way too fast! I will return to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our anniversary extra specialTarinytxDined on 4/19/2014I decided to take my husband to Veritas for our fifth anniversary. Veritas is the perfect spot for a romantic lunch or dinner. The lighting is not too bright, the tables are spaced nicely apart, and it was fairly quiet. I ordered the lunch trio (salad, salad, and steak) and my husband ordered the Ruben. The salad was served on the same plate at the steak, which I didn't care for, I really wish the salad would have been first, but it was okay. I also wish that the soup would have come in a larger container, but that is because it was incredibly creamy and delicious. My steak was a bit over-cooked, but they made up for it by bringing me a new steak. We will definitely be back! (Would say more but I've run out of characters)Special Features:
- Great service and there lambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Great service and there lamb is excellent. The prices are fair and the wine good. I will be going back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I are both chefschefshepDined on 3/25/2014My wife and I are both chefs by profession and we dined at Veritas to recharge our batteries and for me, to inspire me again and reignite that spark for cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best in BCSOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014Chef Tai does it right. Always great food and ambience, caring service and the personal touch. Nowhere else provides all of these elements locally. Our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Few places in College Station exist where you can enjoy fine dining. This is one of them.Special Features:
- Great food and ambience withChiefDined on 3/7/2014Great food and ambience with enjoyable live music in background. A great place to go and have a great meal and wine, and relax with friends for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features: