Veritas Wine and Bistro
830 University Drive East, Suite 400
College Station, TX 77840Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Veritas Wine and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veritaswineandbistro.com/
- Phone: (979) 268-3251
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11 AM - 2 PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Tai Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Veritas caters to many of your events. Options include buffet style, butler style, as well as full service. Veritas operates State of the Art Mobile Kitchen to perform all cooking off-site. Our mobile Kitchen is capable of replicating every dish served at Veritas. Please feel free to call our Private Party coordinator for all catering details, at (979) 268-3251.
- Private Party Facilities: Our new private banquet room makes Veritas the ideal venue for business meetings, engagement parties, bridal luncheons, and rehearsal dinners with full compliments of state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment. Please feel free to call our Private Party coordinator for all catering details.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Cho (979) 268-3251
- Entertainment: Live music begins every weekend night between 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm.
- Special Events: Veritas hosts many special events from Large Birthday Party, Bridal Shower, to Wedding Reception. Please contact us at 979-268-3251 for more details.
A word from Veritas Wine and Bistro
Veritas presents a unique blend of contemporary decor and related cosmopolitan ambiance inviting you to sample the culinary creations focused on seasonality. Executive Chef, Tai Lee, has created a modern French-American-Asian bistro where the traditions of French cuisine meet the flavors of the American and Asian market with a menu reflecting the changing seasons & a focus on the simplicity of fine ingredients. Chef Lee's uncompromising insistence on quality and freshness means the texture & flavor of each bite is a moment to savor. Select a table for quiet & intimate enjoyment or sit at the Chef's table coveted as the perfect spot for an interactive culinary experience. The preeminent role of wine at Veritas is immediately apparent to all guests as soon as they enter the restaurant. A 12 foot high, 90 square foot glass walled cellar centrally positioned in the restaurant, colorfully displays over 1800 bottles.br Come experience the sense of excitement at Veritas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Veritas Wine and Bistro - Best Restaurants in College Station ›
Veritas Wine and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (39)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Needs a much better wine list!PJH1Dined on 11/10/2014Food is good. Problem is lack of attention to the wine list. The French Chenin Blanc was almost sweet when it should be dry and crisp. The Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc was amazingly undistinguished and most such are pretty drinkable. A good restaurant should be as much about its wine as it's food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in college stationFoodieLoveDined on 11/4/2014I've been to a few notable restaurants in BCS and Veritas has to be one of the best! You can't be shy to spend money here but WELL worth the money. I had a great time. It wasn't noisy, great staff, wine, and ambiance.Special Features:
- joyful2012Dined on 11/1/2014The only drawback to our dinner was the ribeye steak which I ordered medium rare and came WELL DONE! The steak was less than an inch thick which does not lend itself to medium, med. rare or rare doneness. If browned well, it would always been overcooked. We always buy our ribeyes 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick, grill it to perfection and let it rest 10 min. to retain the juices. The "rubs" were an excellent addition, however.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/26/2014Always have great food and service here. Love coming here for a nice evening outSpecial Features:
- Lovely evening; Great food!dine2getherDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I had a rare evening to ourselves and jumped at the opportunity to return to Veritas! The food was delish! We shared a crispy roll (lightly crusted sushi.) I had the peppercorn fillet and the silver lining salad. Superb! He had the red fish special and the house salad. Wonderful! The service was so great and the stages were perfectly timed. We like to have time to linger and talk for a bit and yet we don't want to be left in limbo either. Our server timed everything just right!!!Special Features:
- Worth the trip!DentonDinerDined on 10/18/2014Really good restaurant. Food has been wonderful both times. The servers really know the menu and are well trained. Gives us another reason to look forward to visiting our son at A&M!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dining in College StationChief815Dined on 10/16/2014Exceptional food, pricey but what you would expect to pay for this type of dining experience. Chef Tai has done it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2014I mean, it wasn't bad, but it failed to impress. I was hoping to enjoy it and hoping for a quality dining experience in College Station during my visit from out of town. It was good enough, but certainly not great.
- Food and ServiceChiefDined on 10/13/2014The food and service were great as usual with the "simply fish" being delicious. The wine list is also extensive with great selections. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Jill01Dined on 10/10/2014I never write reviews but just had to this time. Fabulous restaurant! Amazing food and great service! Our waiter, Matt, was awesome! I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HBC02CVIPDined on 10/10/2014The miniscule crab cakes had more filler than crab and were tasteless.Special Features:
- Best in BryanHappy2eatDined on 10/5/2014Our group of 4 all had the most excellent meals. The best salad was so full of flavor and my salmon was delectable, cooked perfectly! Our server was exceptional! We were all greatly pleased that a restsurant of this caliber could be found in a college town. I may visit my niece more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Meat had a lot of gristle, half of potatos were not cooked.Special Features:
- It is what it is...IMuHVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great in some respects, weak in others. Lamb and duck were spot on; we'd order them again without hesitation. Sashimi was excellent and mostly well cut -- but the sampler plate was far too large, given the remainder of our order. With hindsight we could have been clearer when ordering -- or our server could have taken the initiative and asked about appetite levels. The crispy signature roll wasn't crispy. It was also delivered with the sashimi, so was even soggier by the time we were ready to eat it. The beet salad used to be a nicely plated dish, but is now a bowl of small pieces swimming in dressing. Good if you can't chew, perhaps. Our server asked, often, if everything was "delicious", but didn't wait around for answers.
- Better than ever!AggieMomDined on 9/12/2014We eat at Veritas several times a year when visiting CS and our last visit may have been the best yet !!! Superb good, fun atmosphere and our favorite place in Aggieland!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.RaferjackDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I had dinner here on a Thursday night. There was only a few other people in the place, so it was pretty quiet. We both chose to go with the Prix Fixe and we were not disappointed. The sea bass was excellent and we also had a sushi roll as an appetizer. The soup was great and my salad was good. Our server was excellent- helpful, but not in your face constantly. Overall it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaydreamingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014I have found myself daydreaming about my steak dinner for about 3 days now. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fishAdrianDined on 9/8/2014Food is excellent , service great. Unfortunately it is very expensive. Probably the most expensive in town and as expensive as nice places in San Francisco. One should count on $100/person wine included, provided one selects a reasonably priced wine.Special Features:
- I'd go backFMDAdvocateDined on 8/31/2014Plus for me the restaurant is within walking distance from the Marriott Residence Inn. Service was outstanding. The food was delicious but very small portion. Two asparagus on the plate as the only vegetable just wasn't enough. There were several tables open on a Sunday evening but I was seated near the kitchen and toilet. Overall, it is still a nice place, good but expensive food, good location, with a very good server and bus girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food as always. Such a special place with great atmosphere and ambiance!Special Features:
- Friday Night DiningscubadivaDined on 8/29/2014The best dining experience we have had in six months! Roasted Golden Beet Salad, Lump Crab Cakes (husband had a steak), wine selection were delicious! Live music this night and it was thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing. Our waiter was perfect...helpful and warm with a sense of humor, without being intrusive. We've already recommended Veritas to several of our friends! Suggest reservations for Friday night. We loved that we were not rushed, they weren't trying to "turn the tables" so we had a lovely relaxed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulIrishBrewDined on 8/26/2014We are new to the area and were becoming concerned about finding some upscale restaurants. Veritas is a wonderful find! The tomato bisque, the beet salad, the sea bass all spectacular. Certainly as good as all but the very high-end restauants back home. Service was exceptional - ask for one of Josh's tables.Special Features:
- delicioys alwaysluv2eatwellDined on 8/23/2014the food and service and friendliness are always the very best ,food is fresh, seasonal, well presented and the most remarkable combination of flavors. great any timeSpecial Features:
- Awesome Asian fusionEtl2Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent Asian fusion sea bass great nice atmosphere wait staff needs a little more training d it is usually about attention to details but food was surprisingly very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went to the restaurant for daughters graduation celebration. Service and food was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion LunchAggie79Dined on 8/15/2014We made a luncheon reservation to celebrate our son's graduation from TAMU. The staff had the table set up in a private alcove for us and our guests. The service was prompt; the staff was knowledgeable about the food and wine. The food was very nice. Two people had the grilled fish of the day and said it was outstanding. Veritas is an excellent fine dining choice. Thank you for making our day even more special.Special Features:
- Not QuiteCinCinVIPDined on 8/14/2014Fish not quite up to par. Steaks and Lamb excellent. All in all, a good place for most of our diners, but not all.
- Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014What a treat! Watching the food orders being prepared with the great care of the friendly staff. We were given insite to new desserts and the new restaurant Palaos (sorry not sure of spelling), but I'll be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Good WineBQWolf05Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I are big fans of Chef Tai. On one trip we went ahead and ordered the Omakase with the wine paring. The selections and pairings were spot on. One of the dishes was a "BBQ" fish rib dish that has been one of the best plates of food I have had. The only complaint was that I could have used more of the fish ;). I have enjoyed eating here and just going for wine selection at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Nice quiet atmosphere. Let the chef choose your menuSpecial Features:
- Great music, food & company...BobGDined on 8/2/2014It was our first time to visit Veritas & we had actually been invited by a friend who was playing there that night. Knew we would love the music, but dinner was an added bonus. Can you say YUMMY? Delicious? Very nice presentation? Yes, it was all of those. Thanks Dave for invite, sharing the evening with you & your family made for a great first visit. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Best place in town. Remarkable wine list. I recommend the salmon, the wagyu beef and all the desserts. And the soup du jour is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best local restaurantsWinesnobDined on 8/1/2014Good on line reservation system, but should provide for seating choice. Well trained and friendly waitress. Considerate and involved manager. Reasonably good choice of entrees. Food is a little pricey for the area. Wine list OK, but not outstanding. The usual big markup on wine bottles. Food well prepared and displayed. Live music a plus.Special Features:
- Amazing!vericrazyDined on 8/1/2014The food is to die for! Service is great every time! Chef is so nice! Every holiday or special occasion, my husband and I are here. Not to mention those nights we want something delicious! Best food in BCS by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angus Sushi is awesomeAgbackerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Chef Tai keeps it going at a high pace of excellence. Great food and service at lunch. Love this place!Special Features:
- The following 388 reviews are from the Veritas Wine and Bistro reviews archive.
- MehhhOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014We were sat in a big boring room with a view of the bathroom. No ambiance at all. While the food was good...the service was bad. Took an hour to get out entree. Overpriced wine and drinks.
- VERY NICEHELMEMANVIPDined on 7/15/2014AFTER COMING FROM A LARGER CITY AND TRAVELING QUIET A BIT WE WERE CONCERNED ABOUT FINDING GOOD RESTAURANTS HERE IN BCS. I AM GLAD TO SAY THAT VERITAS DID NOT DISAPPOINT US. VERY NICE LUNCH. WE WILL BE A REGULAR.Special Features:
- Bravo!ChasDined on 7/13/2014The meal was wonderful. Great service and Deerfield Pinot. Chef Tai has it wired.Special Features:
- Elegant and High ClassKianesFamilyDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I are parents of six with a passion for food, and an oppurtunity to have a night to ourselves. Your Chef prepared a beautiful six course meal paired perfectly with white and red wines as if he knew us personally! The waitress was very prompt and a had knowledge of everything she placed on the table. Last but by far not the least the desert course had four breath taking deserts which truly no words can describe. Thankyou! We look forward to returning for our next date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently among best in TexasChasVIPDined on 6/18/2014The menu doesn't change often, so I have dined my way through most of the items. Most are excellent, all are at least very good. If you are new to Veritas, the servers are knowledgeable and will point you to some of the most popular items. Even if you are in a college town far from major urban areas, don't shy away from the seafood. It is fresh and sophisticated as any you will in the fusion genre. It is also great to see the entrepreneur, Chef Tai, in the kitchen and out amongst the patrons. Foodies should sit at the chef's table which is really a counter with a great kitchen view. There you will learn that every member of the prep crew has been with the establishment since day one. That might be the best recommendation of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.