Veritas Steak & Seafood
1550 Lake Pointe Parkway, Suite 500
Sugar Land, TX 77478Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Veritas Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veritassteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 2814912901x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday 11:00 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alex Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all intimate or large events.
- Entertainment: Piano Music Wednesday through Saturday 7:00 - 10:00 pm
- Special Events: Don't your taste buds deserve a culinary adventure? Ready to treat yourself to the fine dining, extensive wine menu, and stellar service at Veritas Steak & Seafood? Come see us and enjoy our fully stocked wine cellar with private seating for up to six guests.
A word from Veritas Steak & Seafood
The Rios family has owned and managed restaurants in Houston and Austin for over 20 years. They are excited to announce the upcoming changes to their location in Sugar Land at Lake Pointe. They welcome you to enjoy the delicious flavors of their menu, which have maintained their destination as the perfect dining experience. Make your reservation today and join them for a wonderful culinary adventure featuring USDA Prime Center-Cut steaks, chops, fresh seafood and an international wine list.Continued
The Rios Family
The Rios Family
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Veritas Steak & Seafood - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
Veritas Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)scenic view (21)notable wine list (21)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Food was great, but......DoctorDDined on 10/11/2014We went to the restaurant for a romantic dinner. We really wish the person seating us would have paid more attention that we were on a date (we were both dressed up for a dance) and not sat us next to a family with 2 crying babies. In addition, we were sat at a 6 person table, which made the situation really awkward. So, although the food was great and the service was even better, the whole experience was dampened by the crying babies and being put at a "not so romantic" table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyLaurieDined on 10/1/2014We started with the Lamb Lollipops as an appetizer, which is one of my favorites. Then had the shrimp crab salad, which had just the right amount of incredients. Didn't leave a leaf on my plate - delicious!Special Features:
- Service Up GradeRickettsVIPDined on 9/27/2014As a regular here service in the past, while adequate, was much improved at every level. It's what often makes or breaks an evening out and this became a memorable evening because of their first class performance. Thanks to all...
- Wonderful!2EatOrNotDined on 9/27/2014Great service! Great Food! Loved the ambiance. Perfect for group dinners & special occasion. Worth a try!Special Features:
- good yet againdaveVIPDined on 9/12/2014always enjoy going here. The bar are is great fun. The happy hour deals are better than Perrys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was good at what he does but I did not find him pleasant and engaging. When asked about a recommendation, he did not qualify me and instead gave me an ambiqous answer. Still my selection was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the timing between courses. I give the chef and the waiter credit for great timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In love with VeritasLuvnfood4evaDined on 8/30/2014I've driven past Veritas so many times on my way to another restaurant. So glad I finally went. The food was to die for and the drinks were so great--highly recommend the Don Juan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife50Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my husband's 50th birthday at Veritas. The food and service was splendid. Loved the ambience. Will definitely add this to my favorite restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went2dineDined on 8/22/2014Salad was very good, but entree not wonderful. Good waiter.Special Features:
- WantobechefDined on 8/18/2014Have followed Kevin Rios with his journey as a restaurant owner and he continues to grow and build on his expertise. Veritas is wonderful. Not too formal but exceeds expectations whether you are looking for a casual dinner or wanting a special occasion venue. Food is very good and wait staff understand customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014we really had fun, food was delicious, the right portion, great ambience tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINING EXPERIENCEJACKIEDined on 8/15/2014TRIED VERITAS DURING HOUSTON RESTAURANT WEEK. TERRIFIC DINING EXPERIENCE.FOOD, SERVICE AND AMBIANCE ALL SUPERB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjil7Dined on 8/14/2014pianist was nice good service in a busy night shalomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We eat here for special occasions, when family and friends come in from out of town. Great food, service, ambeince & love the piano bar and wine list! Best restaurant in Sugar Land!!!Special Features:
- excellent seafoodsteakeaterDined on 8/5/2014We had a late dinner, but the staff did a great job making us feel comfortable. The grill scallops were fresh the lump crab meat just melted in my month. Enjoy it.Special Features:
- Just average, no reason to returnDisapointedDined on 8/1/2014Live piano music would have been nice but it was to stylized and TOO loud. Food was nothing to get executed about and did not match the descriptions on the menu. Service was about what you would expect from Whataburger.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem indeed!Thompsons2Dined on 7/19/2014This establishment is truly a delightful experience. We felt warm and welcome from the moment we entered the doors! Had a wonderful evening on a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Nice Meeting PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/19/2014My parents live in the area and we live in Houston. This was a great location for us to meet them for dinner. Nice view, everyone liked their food, decent wine list, good service. We all agreed that we would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Night at VeritasJohnnyBoyRebelDined on 7/12/2014We spent our 40th wedding anniversary with Veritas and could not be more pleased. From the rose petals sprinkled on our table, to the hand-sign congratulations card and a complimentary Tres Leches (which we declined in lieu of cheesecake) the experience was superb. Our waitress was highly attentive to our every need, coming by only when appropriate which allowed our private conversation to proceed uninterrupted. The steaks were outstanding as were the various sides dishes. I ordered the bone-in prime rib that was fork tender and served with a Cabernet reduction. Who needs steak sauce when you have a reduction? We will be back again and again. This place is a gem in Sugar Land.Special Features:
- Great place for romantic dinnerSugarlandloveDined on 6/28/2014If we ever come back to Sugarland we will make it a point to come back. Staff was very acomidating, food was great and quiet enough to have a close romantic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 6/27/2014Great evening, food & service was great ... as usual!Special Features:
- The following 390 reviews are from the Veritas Steak & Seafood reviews archive.
- Almost...JrdinerDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service was great. The food was expensive, and had great potential, but fell short of the price. Our shrimp and scallops were over cooked and there were unexpected flavors that didn't always work - like the spice on our wedge salad. But the bread was good, the sea bass was said to be good, and I enjoyed my risotto. If the price point had been lower ($120 before taxes for 3 people, no alcohol, appetizers or desserts), or the food a little better, this would have been a home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place to eat!MickiVIPDined on 6/13/2014Salvador waited on us and was great! Food is consistently wonderful. We love Veritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryNightonthetownDined on 6/6/2014We wanted to stray from usual Sugar Land favs, and decided to give Veritas a try. We were very pleased with service, food, and wine choices. We were presented with a dessert plate complete with "Happy Anniversary" wishes, a nice finish to a wonderful and relaxing meal!Special Features:
- awesomeDined on 6/6/2014Great place to dine.Service was excellent food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDavidDined on 6/3/2014As always, Veritas provided a great meal in a great setting. The menu is well-designed, and the wine list is extensive. Service was excellent -- attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014Staff good and food good.......went out to constellation stadium to see it and game and chose this restaurant because it was close and on water with outside seating.....live in houston......would not drive out to sugarland to eat here but if I lived there I would be a regular.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience !Luv2celebrateDined on 5/21/2014I took my parents for their anniversary celebration and had a wonderful experience. The table was decorated with rose petals & a celebration card signed by the staff. They were also treated with complimentary dessert with "happy anniversary" written on the plate. The entrees were delicious and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014The entrees were OK but very expensive - $44 for sea bass special. The appetizer of calamari was like bad bar food - tough, brown, greasy thick breading with greasy onions and jalapenos thrown in - not a nice version of this popular dish. Waiter never came by - and the place was half empty. The wine list is very expensive and the waiter knew nothing about the wine. They do not have a Sommelier and the owner was not on premise to help. I had to Google the wine selections to find out about them. Go to Perry's next time. Did not have Limoncello or white Sambuca liquours. This place does not pay attention to details, the service is amateurish, the quality of the food is just acceptable and awful in some cases. And it is very expensive.
- Great FindgoodeatsHoustonDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful food, superb wait staff. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014I really did not feel that a long explanation about Happy Hour pricing only being in the bar and outside, considering, that the restaurant was not busy and the weather outside was terrible. I think that that could be managed internally, without involving the customer. The waiter was very good, patient and helpful. Having our entrees split by the chef, was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!HootietheFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Setting lovely. Nice for a special occasion. Food was wonderful although husband ordered his steak medium rare and it came to him red throughout entire center. We go there frequently and when weather is cooperative, very relaxing to be on porch.hSpecial Features:
- Great bar, food & serviceRoatanloverDined on 5/3/2014This has to be one of the best bars in Sugar Land, the ambiance, the service, the martinis and the view. We also enjoyed the excellent food service and we split a superb entree which included a steak and crab cake. I am not sure that this is a great value, based on the cost of our shared dinner and just two glasses of wine, but we will go again, probably to the 4-7 happy hour bar food specials and drinks.Special Features:
- OMERVIPDined on 5/2/2014Pear salad did not have candied pecans and only 4 very small pieces of pear.
- VeritasMumuDined on 4/22/2014Everything was wonderful and they even had birthday cake for my guest. We were very pleased. MonaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sea Bass Rocks!FoodieFriendVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had a great nite and loved our meals! The Sea Bass Rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBigtunaDined on 4/15/2014I was traveling with two co-workers and used open table to find this gem... we had a great meal! Would and have recommended to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DisappointmentTechsan89VIPDined on 4/5/2014Previous dining experiences at Veritas were fantastic. Saturday evening missed the beat by 1) not lowering the lighting in the restaurant moving the ambience from lunch to dinner and 2) too much noise - the piano and the sound system were being played at the same time and you couldn't hear the piano for the music being played. We were one of two tables to complain and it took too long for the management to turn the music off. A little polish to attention and Veritas climbs the ladder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veritas really is an outstandingBillDined on 3/15/2014Veritas really is an outstanding restaurant. We prefer it to Perry's and comparable restaurants. Perry's is certainly top tier in it's own right - we just like Veritas even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Wait staff where attentive. Food was overly salty. Get your money's worth else where. I recommend my very large family nit to come here.