Verduras Tea House & Cafe
181 N Broadway St
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
Verduras Tea House & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verdurastea.com/
- Phone: 4142246144
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00am
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Fusion / Eclectic, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Nowicki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Verduras Tea House & Cafe
Welcome to Verduras Tea House & Cafe located in the historic Third Ward. We are a tea house that serves loose leaf, specialty tea predominately from Rishi by a Level 3 certified tea specialist (Specialty Tea Institute). We also have a vegetarian menu with soups, salads, sandwiches, bakery items and desserts. Sit by the windows and look at the lovely view while enjoying a leisurely meal with friends or grab a quick bite between your busy schedule.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Verduras Tea House & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Big DisappointmentLove2EatOutDined on 5/11/2014We booked a table for six for Mother's Day. When we arrived, there were no other diners there. The table we were given was immediately in front of an air conditioner and we asked to be moved, but the one employee there refused. Yes, there was only one employee there: telephone order taker, customer order taker, cook, and server. And she was obviously harried and upset about it. She finally turned off the AC for us, but under protest. There were only two menus for the six of us. It took about 45 minutes to get our food. When I mistakenly picked up someone else's drink from the prep counter, she was obviously annoyed. There were no free refills. Hopefully our experience was not typical.
- Good vegan foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the food and space in the third ward. The food was well preparedSpecial Features:
- We were there on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014We were there on a Saturday evening before going to the theater. No one else was there so it was quiet. I imagine it is busier at lunch and in the afternon. Sat at a table overlooking the street. Nice atmosphere and quite extensive menu with good specials. I had the red lentil burger which was delicious. And the tea hit the spot too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/24/2013We were the first and for a while the only customers. The hostess/wait person seemed somewhat surprised to see us in spite of a reservation. Tasty soup choices (neither was served warm enough for us) and a delcisious cheese/arugula sandwich. My elderly mom found her quiche "interesting" but gobbled down every bite. Tea selection varied; tea service (including a timer for best steeping of each) elegant and unobtrusive. Will return with a younger crowd.Special Features:
- awesome - A+TOADYDined on 10/13/2013Cool place, incredible tea, great food. I don't eat anything with a face - so it's great for me!! Cool view - sat and read Nat Geo Mags!! Go there - spend $$, enjoy...Special Features:
- Still in love!ElizabethDined on 9/5/2013I've been to Verduras a handful of times and each visit has been perfect. It's simply a very calming place with a lovely menu and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst everunhappycustomerDined on 6/30/2013Didn't know a meal could be this bad. Started badly when the only apparent employee delivered cold soup to the table. When we asked to have it reheated she told us that she could not because the microwave was broken. She proceeded to then deliver a sandwich so burned that it was literally black on both sides. The only good news is that we were the only people in the entire place so no one else had to suffer. Hopefully this "restaurant" will soon be out of business. It's a great location that deserves a much better management and a real chef.