641 South Montford Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verdepizza.com/
- Phone: (410) 522-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm
Friday 5pm - 11pm
Saturday 10am - 11pm
Sunday 12Pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater Parties and Business Lunches/Events providing Salads, Appetizers, Pizzas, Panini, deserts and beverages including wine & beer off of our menu selection as well as custom items. Please call for details and ask for Ed or Marianne.
- Cross Street: Montford and Foster
- Public Transit: 007 Bus - Essex & Foster, North Bound Stop
010 Bus - Milton & Eastern, East Bound Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street Parking on weekdays,
Can Company Parking Garage(2400 Boston Street) available after 5pm for free Parking daily,
Valet Parking available on Friday and Saturday Evenings.
A word from Verde
From an extensive list of authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas, to fresh salads & homemade desserts, Verde brings the traditional flavors of Italy to the Canton neighborhood of Baltimore City. The restaurant also offers an assortment of local & imported Italian craft beers, and a list of hand-selected domestic & Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
- BrunchLouisaVIPDined on 3/16/2014Verde is an amazing place to get dinner, so it was good to know that their brunch is also quite enjoyable. Delicious selection of egg-based breakfast pizzas and cocktails. It was not overly noisy, but peaceful. Staff had bright attitudes and the service was quick.Special Features:
- Our place for Sunday brunchFrequentdinerDined on 3/16/2014We return to Verde time and again for fresh food, delicately prepared on a thin crust pizza that is indescribably delicious. We have begun sharing "our place" with friends. They share our enthusiasm for the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeAmazingDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I live in the area, and decided to try out Verde as our first outing since our son was born. It was perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Everything from beginning to end was delicious. That includes an appetizer, salads and pizzas. The owner, Ed, stopped by our table more than once to make sure that everything was fine. The crust on the pizza was perfect and the toppings were creative. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- I'll take a customer service pie!LindstotheLouDined on 3/14/2014I love Verde! The food, the atmosphere, the fact the owner is present...all wonderful. The servers however are slightly rude, do not know the menu very well and overall do not have that 'at your service' attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Came here for a birthday celebration with the family and was pleasantly surprised! The decor fit the cuisine, simple elegant and lovely. The pizza was amazing and extremely innovative and vegetarian friendly. Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic PizzaJamesVIPDined on 3/13/2014The pizza is outstanding. Very Italian, very Neapolitan. Appetizers were delicious as well. Friendly, caring staff and owner. Always full of people having a great time.Special Features:
- GreatFrankDined on 3/12/2014We had been about a year ago, and it was great then , went back last week, very good food. If you are gluten free this is the place, the only place on the east coast that I have had a good gluten free pizza . But that said the bill for two of us was $135 for pizza? Maybe you get what you pay for, as they say. We meet the owner at our table, very nice man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/10/2014Just discovered that Verde is open on Mondays now! So wonderful! While I LOVE that things are always hopping, it is nice to know that I can go on a Monday have a quiet dining experience as well. Had a great early dinner with a friend, parking was no issue since we were early. Nice to have the option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2014This was our first time here, and we thought the food was delicious. It's not a big menu but everything we ordered we liked. Good pizza crust -- and interesting topping choices. Loved the kale and pine nut salad -- generous amount of pine nuts. They have a nice by the glass wine selection. Only con is limited (one choice the night we were there) of pasta. With tomato sauce and meat in the restaurant, it should be easy enough to offer a simple pasta as a choice in addition to whatever special pasta, in this case it was lasagne which was too heavy sounding, is on the night's menu. Rated noise level quiet because it is required to be filled in, but we ate early and there weren't many diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love VerdeJctbaltimoreVIPDined on 3/4/2014It seems to get better and better every time. The food is so delicious and so fresh. Maybe the best casual meal in Baltimore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden Secret (for now!)MaroDined on 3/1/2014The place is adorable and very inconspicuous from the street! Saw them at the 1st Annual Vodka Wars and they had me at Pizza Napoletana! A double date was the perfect opportunity. Made a reservation through here and though there was a long line, they sat us just in time! ($5 valet was very useful!). The restaurant is very pretty and welcoming and the waitress was wonderful. Everything we tried (meatball appetizer special, homemade mozzarella, wine, Proscuitto e fico pizza, Margherita pizza) was amazing! We actually did two of the Restaurant Week specials, and added the meatball appetizer. The Affogato with Hazelnut Gelato was a perfect end! I will definitely be back and already recommended it to friends! Keep up the awesome work! Grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love this place forMorrisVIPDined on 3/1/2014Always love this place for the friendly staff, wonderful service, younger audience and valet. The Pizza is not just Pizza like you get at so many chains or delivery. All their homemade ingredients come out in a very delicious taste. Almost addicting. Ed and Marianne have done a great job on this one.Special Features:
- So glad this is in our neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Went expecting a good pizza and we got that and more! Our only complaint is the hostess was frazzled when we arrived. But Everything was fresh and tasty. We enjoyed talking with the friendly owner about upcoming events. Best pizza in canton/Fells. We will be back soon and often.Special Features:
- Brunch brunch baby!BavetteDined on 2/23/2014I love eggs on my pizza! I wish that there had been a build your own option for a morning pie! That would have made this all the more amazing! Desserts were excellent as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood, European styliswinendineDined on 2/23/2014(2/23/2014) Tried Verde for brunch during Restaurant Week, really great meal. Food is delicious, subtle, restrained, dressed just right, very European. Love the puffy, airy edges and chewy thin crust. The brunch pizzas are awesome, love oozy eggs on everything, great on a pizza, especially delicious on the Florentine with Hollandaise. Light hand with the tart tomato sauce, fresh and flavorful ingredients, like the mushrooms on the Funghi di Bosco and spicy, salty salami on the Arrabiata. Def worth the hellish search for a parking space in overrun Patterson Park, you might want to spring for the $5 valet if going on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service without a smileBarney100VIPDined on 2/22/2014There is no quarrel that Verde has great pizza, as do Chazz and Iggies. The problem with Verde is service. My partner and I arrived at 7:15 for a 7:30 reservation. We waited outside for the valet to show, but after 15 minutes, gave up. We then waited until after 8pm for our 7:30 reservations, with no apology or explanation (other than it was obviously busy). That was it. We were then rushed through the meal and out the door. I've never waited this long for a reserved table in Baltimore, and the valet service offered was nonexistent. Throughout, the owner seemed content to just let this all happen. I'm unsure of his priorities, but it seems to be the short term bottom line rather than creating a great dining experience.
- OverwhelmedPizzaVIPDined on 2/22/2014I took a friend from Bethesda who loves good pizza on Saturday night. I made a 630 reservation on Open Table. When i arrived at the restaurant at 625, I was told it would be five minutes. At 545, I asked again and the hostess wasn't very optimistic. She said the restaurant was overbooked (as usual - her words) and that it would be a while. Seats opened up at the bar so we decided to take them. The food was great but the bartender was inattentive and dismissive. We didn't leave the restaurant until after 830 because the food took so long time to arrive. I had to ask the bartender for another glass of wine. I also had to ask him if he could check on our pizzas and then on our dessert. It was if we were forgotten at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy, Tasty but TightJenBmDined on 2/22/2014This hip pizzeria offered a tantalizing menu of pizzas. It was a challenge to choose just one but when I finally did, I wasn't disappointed. The crust was not too thin and not too thick and perfectly crispy on the outside just like I like it. It was big enough for two of us to share as well - gotta love that! A couple of downsides...the tables were so packed into the restaurant so that my fiancé, a slim 6'1" guy couldn't actually squeeze into the space between our table and the one behind ours. He sat at an angle to the table, with his chair jutting into the aisle. The valet was also a single man operation. We stood outside more than 20 minutes waiting for our car after dinner and ended up being late for our main Saturday night event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekSpenceDined on 2/21/2014Cocktails and appetizers were delicious and i highly recommend this as a perfect place to have date meet for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2014Service mediocre. Food good but expensive. Would not go back.Special Features:
- No relaxing here...BaltimorefoodieVIPDined on 2/18/2014Never have I ever in my life (including my 10 years of working in the restaurant industry myself and frequent trips to dine out) have I been asked to vacate a table because the next reservation has arrived. We had a 6:45 reservation at Verde, enjoyed the 3 course restaurant week meal (our pizzas came out while we were still barely started on the first course). No sooner than 5 seconds after I had put the pen down from signing the check the host came by the table and asked us if we could go ahead and leave so the 8 pm people could be seated on time. The whole experience was rushed. Extremely disappointing - that kind of experience will always outweigh the evening no matter how much you enjoy the food.
- GREAT!LeeroboDined on 2/17/2014This place is GREAT! The pizza is delicious! The owners are great. The feel is very organic, warming and GREEN! Will definitely we BACK! can't wait! You made my WHOLE year with that Gluten free pizza- So good I took one to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014Verde is always a hit! Food is awesome! The burrata is a must and have yet to try a pizza that I didn't like. Parking can be an issue since it is a neighborhood, so definitely worth it to valet, it's 5$ but well worth the cost. Things can get busy on Friday and Saturday, so definitely plan for extra waiting time and make a reservation. Sometimes there is only 1 valet attendant so there can be a wait for that as well, but totally fine as long as you allocate a few extra minutes. Service is great, Ed the owner is always there and making sure things are going well and always stops by to say hello to each table. Alexa is a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LayersDined on 2/15/2014I've been to Verde many times now, and it's always fantastic! Food, service and atmosphere is all top notch. The family that owns and runs the restaurant is friendly and warm and its felt from the moment you walk in the door. The pizza is undeniably the BEST in the Baltimore area. This place is a must go! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza, tight spacePutitinmymouthDined on 2/14/2014Great pizzas with a ton of choices of combinations. Watching the pizzas being formed and cooked in front of us was great. Very tight seating quarters and took 25 minutes to get a table WITH a reservation. Somewhat bloated prices but worth the trip for a pizza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza!krrvrrVIPDined on 2/14/2014The pizza here is definitely deserving of the "Best in Baltimore" rating! The decor is farm-house chic, and in the back room you can watch the pizza being made and put into the oven. My fiance and I love coming to verde, and have loved everything on the menu! Our favorite restaurant for date night by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I have had good experiences at Verde every time I have eaten there, but Valentine's Day was truly amazing! It was very busy but every staff member was nice and attentive. The food special was awesome and the food was incredible. One of my best Valentine's day celebrations ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJimboThomasDined on 2/14/2014I went with a platonic friend on Valentine's day. When we told the server we did not want the $55/person gauger "special" she disapprovingly whipped her head so fast around she may have whiplash. Aside from that, fantastic food and fantastic service. I'm going to go find a romantic partner now to try this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but crowded and slowelaub114Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines day and the food was excellent! You get a lot of food for your money which is good and it tasted great. However the service was extremely slow and the restaurant was very cramped and loud. We didn't mind much about the slow service because we had plenty of food, and maybe it was just like that on Valentines day. Will have to check this place out on a non-holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Typically Verde is amazing but I think due to overbooking Valentines Day and the large pre-fixed menu the service suffered. We had reservations and waiting to be seated while there were tables visably open and while another couple with the same number of people and same time (who arrived after us) were seated before us. My fiance is in a walking book from ankle surgery and was made to walk up there stairs to be seated when multiple 2 people tables were available downstairs. It also took us 30 minutes to get coffee after we ate. Still very good food though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy this restaurant regularlyMooseDined on 2/14/2014We enjoy this restaurant regularly and are never disappointed. Went for a casual Valentine's Day dinner and had a great time. The gift of a rose from the restaurant was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verde is the best thing about FellsCVFellsDined on 2/13/2014Can't say enough and can't get enough about Verde! The staff, the food, the ambiance, all of it make this place a weekly (or more often) dinner spot! Nothing but love for Verde!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmend by pizzadescalzaDined on 2/12/2014I had high expectations & was disappointed. The restaurant itself is really nice and has great ambiance. I can see how it might be a little loud when busy. The server was great and very attentive. The pizza? Not so much. I ordered the Quattro Formaggi con Funghi. The ratio of the four cheeses was way off. I could barely taste the gorgonzola and when I order a pizza with mushroom and cheese I expect it to be covered in mushrooms. Overall this was a plain cheese pizza for $17. My date ordered the pizza Romana. The menu said there was corn on the pizza, but we didn't see any. Besides that, nothing to write home about. Not sure if we caught the kitchen on a bad day, but it was quite an expensive meal for pizza I could've made better at home.Special Features:
- Another Great Experience at VerdeBrianLDined on 2/11/2014This was our second time to Verde and what a great place it is. We again has a group of 8, and it worked out perfectly. Food was awesome, and we routinely recommend this spot to all our friends.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/7/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant and definitely not just your pizza place around the corner! I have been here several times and the server (Alexa) always recognizes me and does such a wonderful job of personalizing service. The food is amazing, approachable and memorable. The pizzas are truly akin to what I experienced in Italy and the fresh burrata cheese is a must! Everyone is very nice and friendly and it is clear that ingredients are fresh and of high quality. It is often busy which is why I made a reservation online (definitely recommend for Friday/Saturday nights). They now offer a full bar and craft cocktails! Upstairs can get a little loud, but if that's your scene, it's a great view! All around strong recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verde was super busy thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014Verde was super busy that night. The waitress was not very attentive. I love their food and drinks, but they truly are overpriced. I got a $13 cocktail that literally equated to about two sips.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2014We had dinner at Verde previously right after it opened and this week to support a local neighborhood charity. This place is always consistent with great service and quality food. Both times we ate here the manger even came over to introduce himself and see that we were happy with our meal. On this visit we had my one year old son, no issues getting a kid-friendly pizza and high chair. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & Authentic!tPozDined on 2/3/2014Dined here tonight with the girlfriends, 5 of us total. Everything was delish! I had made a reservation, but it was pretty quiet on this rainy cold Monday night. Parking however, was a nightmare. The ambiance is warm and welcoming, and I can tell it would be a great place to dine al fresco during the summer. The menu had extensive pizza offerings - almost too many, as I stared at the menu for a while, with my eyes glazing over. Everything was really tasty & authentic & I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnt pizzadianeDined on 1/31/2014I had lasagna, it was very good, but my husbands pizza was burnt, waiter claimed that it was cooked properly- we split my lasagna!