641 South Montford Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verdepizza.com/
- Phone: (410) 522-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm
Friday 5pm - 11pm
Saturday 10am - 11pm
Sunday 12Pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater Parties and Business Lunches/Events providing Salads, Appetizers, Pizzas, Panini, deserts and beverages including wine & beer off of our menu selection as well as custom items. Please call for details and ask for Ed or Marianne.
- Cross Street: Montford and Foster
- Public Transit: 007 Bus - Essex & Foster, North Bound Stop
010 Bus - Milton & Eastern, East Bound Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street Parking on weekdays,
Can Company Parking Garage(2400 Boston Street) available after 5pm for free Parking daily,
Valet Parking available on Friday and Saturday Evenings.
A word from Verde
From an extensive list of authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas, to fresh salads & homemade desserts, Verde brings the traditional flavors of Italy to the Canton neighborhood of Baltimore City. The restaurant also offers an assortment of local & imported Italian craft beers, and a list of hand-selected domestic & Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (18)hot spot (15)special occasion (12)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- BrunchnommerDined on 11/15/2014I was here for brunch and the restaurant was very quiet and sunny and nice. I could definitely see coming back at night with a group of friends and ordering rounds of wine and different pizzas to try and share. We had the prosciutto and fig pizza, and it was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite secret spottaxdivaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Verde is so perfect, I don't really want anyone else to know about it. The location unassuming, the look casual, but the service excellent, the menu a delight and the food just lovely. Please don't tell anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SusanSDined on 11/13/2014We have been to Verde several times and it's a true hidden gem. Good is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crustjerylbDined on 11/11/2014Crust of the pizza is flown from Italy including the best gluten free crust I ever had. Ingredients all hand made and delicious. A small group from Terrapin Adventures went there and all were incredibly happy with their meals. Extraordinary.Special Features:
- Great PizzaPanOHVIPDined on 11/8/2014The gluten free pizza was the best I've ever eaten. The taste was of cheese, crab, avacodo and lemon will draw me back.Special Features:
- Great PizzaPeterVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a group of 6 and were seated upstairs. It was somewhat noisy, but enjoyable anyway. It was difficult to decide on a pizza to order since all sounded good, but the ones with sausage an mushroom were excellent. We were too full to try a dessert. The pizzas can easily feed more than 1, or at least 2 pizzas for 3 people. The only complaint was that 3 of us ordered salads and the pizzas were delivered to the table about 1 minute after the salads, making it difficult to eat the salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patient serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014The young child in our group was being a bit of a handful but our server handled it with grace and aplomb! We felt badly that we really put her to work! Food was great. Pizza and calzone tasted better than the last time we were there. Unfortunately, last time, the order of olives came with some sort of bread or pita. This time, the small dish of olives was just all by its lonesome on a really big plate and we were charged for an order of bread.
- Authentic Italian pizza'sdisappointedVIPDined on 10/28/2014What a wonderful new find. This place is off the charts with authentic pizzas cooking in a brick oven. Made me feel like I was back in Italy!!! Service was superb. This will become a regular spot for us with half price bottles of wine on Tuesdays you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Try Verde'sfoodispleasureDined on 10/25/2014This local spot is comfortable, friendly and has an energetic atmosphere. The decor is warm and relaxing, the staff is attentive and friendly, the menu offered variety and the pizza was great. The noise level upstairs is too loud and makes conversation very difficult if not impossible. Thanks to the staff when we asked to be moved downstairs to a smaller but much quieter table. They were understanding and quickly made the change. Plus, Edward checked with us after our meal to ensure that we were satisfied and we were. He has gained three new customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!MMilesVIPDined on 10/24/2014The pizza here is out of this world! Classic crusts with toppings that reminded me of my days spent in Italy. They make their own mozzarella, which is super cool, and they have buffalo mozzarella (my favorite!). They also have an interesting cocktail menu - I had a fabulous specialty whiskey sour. Cool place for sure, just as good as Joe Squared in Station North!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Very busy night, wait staff had a hard time keeping up. Very noisy, couldn't hear conversation at our own table. One person in our party waited 30 minutes for his beer to arrive. Impossible to get attention of staff to ask about it. When asked about whether a salad was enough for to serve as an entree, waitress said yes. Although tasty, salad was only greens and a few paper-thin slices of winter squash and ham.
- yumyumDined on 10/17/2014Love love love this restaurant!!! Best place for gourmet pizza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!CharlesDined on 10/17/2014Try their meatballs! Their pizzas are also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always greatKaseyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Love the pizza here. The fresh mozz with the prosciutto on top is delicious! The pistachio and sausage pizza was great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Cute place with a very nice ambience and great food for a reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PizzaPizzaloverDined on 10/3/2014Very Euopean style pizza, great service. Definitely will go back and try other pizza's.Special Features:
- Worst service ever!JTGarcia2VIPDined on 9/13/2014We ate at Verde for dinner. While very attractive, the noise level is horrible - we were practically shouting with our friends. Service started slow. We had to request plates for the shared appetizers, which one of our group had to retrieve from the waiter station. Our waiter was surly and clearly wanted to be anywhere but doing his job. A salad was delivered to the wrong person, but we didn't know. When the waiter came to the table, he said to our friend, "you are eating (pointing at me) her salad." His intent was to hand me the partially eaten salad. My friend had to demand a fresh salad be brought for me. We tracked down the manager, he finished the service. But our bill had a 20% gratuity added! Unbelievable! But it was removed.Special Features:
- The best spot in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I are now regular patrons at this restaurant. It has become our favourite restaurant in Baltimore. The food is fantastic, so are the cocktails and the exceptional selection of beers. Pizzas are unmatched in quality, and authenticity. Desserts are home made and the chocolate torte and tiramisu are fantastic. The staff is highly professional, friendly and efficient, the owners approachable. The best pizza in Baltimore? Certainly. The best restaurant in Baltimore? It is for us.Special Features:
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The salads and pizzas are delish! Very clean restaurant, great service and wonderful food. We need more places like this in Baltimore!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something innovativeopen4newfoodsDined on 9/9/2014Vongole(clam) pizza was the right combination of ingredients. Keep up the good work Ed, Evan and MaryannSpecial Features:
- Best pizza in BmoredesignerdinerDined on 8/29/2014Sitting outside at Verde in the summertime feels like being in Naples. Lights are draped from tree limbs, the waiter has a thick Italian accent, and the smell of wood-fired pizza in the air makes you hungrier by the minute. If you're a fan of true Neapolitan pizza, Verde doesn't disappoint. 00 flour, San Marzano tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, 90 seconds in the brick oven, perfection. I didn't think you could get much better than Iggies, but Verde somehow managed to do it. The menu is deeper, the atmosphere is more inviting, and the whole experience leaves you wanting more. Great place for a date or an evening get-together with friends. Highly recommend, best in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prego!!RtowngalDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful food, atmosphere, decor, and staff. Such a great find! The owner is extremely friendly and loves to chat with customers. Try the homemade limoncello-- absolutely delicious!! The pizza is outstanding. The pesto appetizer plate was scrumptious. The one and only drawback is parking. Verde is located in a somewhat residential area and finding a parking place was challenging. However-- it was totally worth it! I want to try Sunday brunch at Verde-- it's on my list of things to do this year.Special Features:
- Always excellentLouisaVIPDined on 8/24/2014I come here frequently. No companion of mine has ever been disappointed! It is great for casual get togethers or more celebratory moments. The staff are attentive and kind. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I hoping for........live2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2014The special Pizza with clams and pork was way too salty with little else in terms of flavor. It was overpriced at $19. I think Hersh's pizza in Federal Hill serves much better high end pizza. As does the Iggies, Joe squared, and the Bagbys. I would return to these places over the Verde. The service was hit and miss. Other wait person was very informative to the table next to us, but our server did not provide half the information as the other wait person. Indifferent service at best.
- Best Pizza in BaltimoreSeasideGirl317Dined on 8/16/2014This is our favorite pizza place to come to. The food is phenomenal. Everything pairs and works together so well. The wait staff is great - service is always wonderful. We sat upstairs for the first time. It was a lot more quiet than the main level, which was nice for our particular visit. I highly recommend checking this place out. No matter how far out of your way it is, it's worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great food but way overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious but $90 for 2 personal pizzas and 4 drinks was way too pricey for that kind of meal. Also, they do not provide complimentary Parmesan cheese for your pizza- they charge you for it. This seems ridiculous to me, especially when a personal size pizza is already $17. We won't be returning.
- Great new find!FoodieSteveVIPDined on 8/9/2014We made a spontaneous trip to Verde - and we are already planning our next visit. The food is fabulous, the wait staff attentive, and the owner made the night - just the right mix of neighborhood gem, sensational food, great ambiance, and a very good value, too! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Delicious Wood-Fired PizzaKBDinesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Verdi was a great choice for something close to eat for pizza. The pizza was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not mind blowingSosoDined on 8/4/2014After hearing such great things about Verde I was excited to give it a try for restaraunt week. It was very busy indoors so my date and I decided to sit outdoors. Was a quiet sidewalk table. Possible I had high expectations but I just wasn't very excited by the garganzola salad or the wild mushroom pizza. The tiramisu was great. There were lots of choices on the regular menu and I would probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy taste budsracefanDined on 8/3/2014I have never had a bad meal here. If you can' t find a pizza to appeal to you on this menu, you just can' t be pleased. Great place to bring a happy group of friends for a fun evening. There is a small bar in front and there are usually some innovative seasonal cocktails offered. Staff is friendly and accommodating to various dietary restrictions , including gluten problems. The only downside of this place is its location in Canton because, you know, yuppies, millennials and parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSugareeDMBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Was looking for a place to grab a bite to eat before a gathering at Patterson Park, found this gem on Open Table and couldn't have been happier! Valet parking was $7 and totally worth it - the restaurant is located on a corner and is wonderful inside. Sat at the bar since we arrive about 20 minutes before our reservation, enjoyed a few great libations and then was taken to our table on the second floor. Stairs are super narrow, but nothing terribly scary. Overall had a great time. Would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We loved everything about it. We are bring friends back on 8/30. Looking forwrd to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at VerdeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We ate there for the first time on a busy Friday night. Overall, it was a wonderful dining experience. Everything we had was very good and some of the dishes were outstanding. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 240 reviews are from the Verde reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprised...DaveDined on 7/18/2014This was great, authentic, brick oven pizza. Reminded me of pizzas in Italy. I had the red sauce pizza with prosciutto and argula and my brother had the red sauce pizza with mozzarella and sausage. Both were excellent. We both also tried one of their house cocktails - the Mickey - which was a basil, black pepper infused vodka with a top off of lemon soda. It was strange but tasty. Great atmosphere; light, natural wood and they've saved some old aspects of this space which has been a bar or restaurant since the 1930's (the owner filled us in) including the old trough from when this was a stag bar (be sure to ask about it). Outside seating was available but would be difficult to get on a nice nightSpecial Features:
- attentive service, delish foodqueenieDined on 7/18/2014We took our son there to celebrate his birthday & had an exceptional meal. The pizzas were top notch - perfectly light and well charred dough. Salad was fresh and tasty. They even sent out a lovely tiramisu for our son's celebration. It also was subtle - not too sweet but rich and decadent. We'll be returning!Special Features:
- Fresh ItalianBSpiderVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food was perfect - fresh produce, pizza crust exquisite. Lasagne was clearly homemade and delicious. Service was attentive and excellent. A perfect dinining experience in a neighborhood gem! Only problem is neihborhood parking - but worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014The food was great at Verde! I went with my fiance and another couple. We each got a pizza (slightly larger than a personal pie - 4 large slices - good to eat 3 and box up 1), and all the types were great. The house-made cheese and prosciutto is delicious. Our only real issue was choosing which type of pie we wanted! There were SO many options (maybe a few too many, since some were similar). The drinks were also great, and different from what you find in most Baltimore bars. We will definitely be coming back! The only complaint I might have is that the seating area was a little cramped for our party, but once we sat down, it really wasn't an issue.Special Features:
- AN HONEST CRITIQUEgidgetgirl4VIPDined on 7/13/2014clean restaurant but expensive. 3 of us ordering pizza and the special, lasagna with drinks totaled 130.00 with tip. pizza good but not worth this amount of money. lasagna: pasta too soft, tomatoes overpowered meal. they should have a childrens room as well. we happened to be seated on the main floor with 2 familes with children and baby bottles were being dropped and constant "mommy" talk. nothing wrong with this but the proximity was way too close as the tables are situated very close to one another. JOE SQUARED PIZZA JUST A GOOD WITHOUT THE DOLLAR SIGNSpecial Features:
- pretty good pizzapaige29VIPDined on 7/12/2014Dined here for a last minute dinner option on a Saturday night. The place was packed but after making a reservation we were seated instantly. The service was okay. We sat outside to enjoy the weather and two other tables had dogs which were both amusing and annoying. The pesto sampler tasted like regular store bought pesto. The homemade burratta was delicious. They were out of the meatballs which was a disappointment. The mushroom and truffle oil pizza was good but the red chili olive oil that we dipped it in was even better. We opted for the imported desserts which were fair (pistachio cheesecake and some sort of chocolate cake).Special Features:
- Continues to deliverMooseDined on 7/11/2014Verde is our go to neighborhood restaurant and I recommend it to people all of the time. I am happy to say that the quality has not declined as often happens with new restaurants that start off with a bang. The owner Ed is so pleasant and it is obvious that he cares very much about the quality of the food and service. The servers are also an added bonus at this restaurant. Keep up the good work Verde!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.