Verde on Smith
216 Smith St.
New York, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Verde on Smith
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://verdeonsmith.com/
- Phone: 7182221525
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cono Morena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining in garden or dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Cono Morena 7182221525
- Entertainment: Bluegrass band for weekend brunch and dinner.
A word from Verde on Smith
WELCOME TO VERDE ON SMITH RESTAURANT, located in Brooklyn's Cobble Hill. Established in 2009 by Cono Morena, our food is rooted in the traditions of Northern Italian cuisine with a Southern accent. Only the finest organic ingredients are used for all dishes to be savored and enjoyed with our extensive wine list. Verde on smith is the marrying of Italian traditional cooking with a contemporary twist and a modern setting. Cono Morena was born in Salerno, Italy. He moved to New York in 1968 where he began his career in restaurant management. In 1985, he opened his first restaurant, Primadonna, located in Forest Hills, Queens. Verde is a result of over 35 years experience as a chef, manager and restaurant owner in New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Verde on Smith - Best Restaurants in Cobble Hill ›
Verde on Smith reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (17)good for groups (14)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (8)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bday brunchSamRDined on 10/12/2014Verde on smith is a quaint little restaurant in a cool Brooklyn neighborhood. I tried Verde because it had a reasonably-priced bottomless brunch. It did not disappoint! The food was great and the selection of bottomless drinks gave a lot of variety. If you're looking for great food in a great neighborhood with booze to match, verde on smith is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addicting!BrooklynCajunVIPDined on 10/4/2014I love to do some brunch throughout the city, but this place always has me coming back time and time again. The food is fresh, the drinks are outstanding, and the service is top notch! Can't go wrong with that power trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Italian RestarauntSteveC23Dined on 9/20/2014Verde on Smith is quaint Italian Restaraunt that offers a quiet place for a romantic dinner for two or a friendly dinner for four.The food was excellent, I had the Mozarella with Prosciutto for starters and the Gnocchi with Broccoli Rob and Sausage was fantastic. The Gnocchi was served crispy which was unique, after the pasta was boiled it was lightly fired in a pan, great idea! Others in my party had the Brozini with vegetables. The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection, we finsihed off the meal with a nice selection of desserts and coffee. I higghly reccomend thsi restaraunt and the Smith Street area of Brooklyn in general.Special Features:
- Delicious food, fantastic serviceLMilesDined on 9/9/2014Everything we ordered in our party was delicious during the meal and the next day for left overs - their portions are generous! The staff was helpful without hovering. I will definitely be heading back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got to dine here!BeneDined on 8/26/2014The food was great, the room nice to sit in ambiance in a local Brooklyn spot. Wait staff friendly and polite. Went for my birthday with my wife we vowed to return.Special Features:
- DaradakoDined on 8/25/2014The wait staff are professional.They are very helpful in explaining the menu & the specials.The prices are excellent.Sitting in the window reminds me of Europe & other places that I love.The food"Wonderful"Special Features:
- Amazing, will be back!CabramsVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've lived in Manhattan/Brooklyn for > 4 yrs and this was 1 of the best restaurant experiences I have had. We were immediately greeted by the owner/manager of the restaurant (Francesco I think) and given the option of where we wanted to sit (great outdoor seating!). Aside from our waiter's recommendations, the manager also helped us pick out a wine & made several other recommendations and checked up on us (even though the restaurant was full, it was friday night). The food was amazing - we ordered some standard dishes that were not the slightest bit boring (calamari & the spaghetti with tomato sauce) & also the meat special (hanger steak) which had a delicious sauce. This will undoubtedly be one of our new neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Great AYCDANichDined on 7/27/2014Great food and steady pour with a great backyard area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDrmidike34Dined on 7/27/2014Best french toast I have ever had... And I have tried a lot if French toast!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gewd FewdfoodgewberDined on 7/17/2014The dining experience at Verde on Smith was extremely enjoyable. Good food, decent prices ad very attentive service. Great for a date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday in BrooklynKrissyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed the food a lot loved the different bellini options and it was very affordable. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014Accommodated our large birthday brunch group of ~ 15 people and were so easy to work with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK brunchccthealiasDined on 7/4/2014We went there for brunch on July 4th. The place was packed and despite a reservation we had to wait 10 mins. The place seems understaffed and the food was ok
- GreatLizGDined on 7/2/2014Food and ambiance makes the perfect combination for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEPhillyatEagleDined on 6/29/2014I was personally surprise about this little restaurant. I took my family for a nice Sunday afternoon walk around the area, and decided to stop for dinner - we're not disappointed. Our pasta dishes came out pretty warm even though we're a family of 6. The ambiance and service were very good..... I will definitively come back again and will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:
- The following 192 reviews are from the Verde on Smith reviews archive.
- Monday diningMea1969Dined on 6/23/2014Burrata amazing, Beet salad delish, Steak Salad divine, Cucumber fizz, thirst quenching...all in all great dining experience…will def be back!Special Features:
- surpassed our expectationsShojinMonkeyVIPDined on 6/20/2014The menu is kind of small but there are specials. We had lobster feast from the menu and a lobster special with red pasta. Both were very generously portioned and delicious and I think only $26 each! The wine and seafood appetizer was fine, too. There was a group in the back patio for some special occasion so that's available but the indoor seating was very pleasant as well. If we find ourselves back in Carroll Gardens, we wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:
- Suprisedfood435Dined on 6/19/2014A wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Tables a little close, but given the location on Smith Street, one cannot expect a lot of space at the rental prices. Very good food along with substantial portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerhappynycDined on 6/19/2014Went for dinner to celebrate our son's graduation from high school. The restaurant is lovely. Staff was wonderful. It was a nice lesurely dinner. Portobello appetizer was delicious There were six of us and everyone ordered something different. My swordfish was terrific Others had pasta, steak and specials. No one was disappointed. Definitely recommend this place and will return if find ourselves in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time w/great friends!!!LuvStampDined on 6/1/2014The host of which is the owner was a bit insolent but was due to our tardiness. Once we all arrived his approach changed and became very pleasant and accommodating. The food was amazing as well as the drinks. Our server was on key with our needs. Great place for brunch!!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant VerdeKITKATVIPDined on 5/28/2014The restaurant was lovely in it's simplistic design. Nice bar. The food was fine nothing special. Italian restaurants abound in the neighborhood. The food at Verde isn't innovative Italian nor is it the food your grandmother cooked. The chef needs to do something to distinguish him/her self.Special Features:
- Verde on SmithKingmanDined on 5/24/2014Very nice dinner with famioly at Verde on Smith. Good selection of salads and seaford. Very Attentive service.Special Features:
- Late night Branzino, wowJamonVIPDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I stopped into have a late dinner. Verde was quiet with only a few customers. On the recommendation of our waiter, we ordered the Branzino. He filleted the whole fish and presented it to us with the greens we ordered. Fantastic. Nice place. What I did not understand was why our waiter was working so hard and the Hostess/Waitperson, hardly lifted a finger to support her co-worker. As she profiled, our water broke a sweat, taking care of all the other tables and ours at the same time. Not far and not correct.
- Sooooo gooodDrmidike34Dined on 5/16/2014This food was amazing...the lobster and the short ribs were to die for....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verde, an Oasis on Smith StreetCookieDined on 5/4/2014Verde is a gem of a place. The decor is modern, sophisticated and pleasing to the eye. It is clean and comfortable. The staff is very cordial and accommodating, for the most part. But, most importantly, the food and drink is supreme. The menu is quite extensive and varied. There are a number of pasta dishes, meat dishes and seafood and fish dishes, along with appetizers and salads. On the dinner menu my favorite dish is Veal Piccata and the Branzino special with Spinach. My favorite brunch dishes are the Crepes or Pancakes with mixed berries and the Mushroom Omelet. There is a wide variety of drinks and the wine list is devine. I look forward to eating and drinking at Verde, indoors and out, many times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired and hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2014We had an 815 reservation and were seated almost an hour late. We were served our dinner after 10.
- Wonderful brunch destinationSummerDined on 4/27/2014I've been here for brunch on several occasions, always with a large group (6-10 folks). The food is consistently tasty and the bottomless drink special makes it quite the fun time. The service has always been excellent and they don't scrimp on the drink refills. Also nice that they actually take brunch reservations (even for smaller parties). Overall, definitely two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great BrunchNathanGVIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a wonderful brunch here. Food was great and service wonderfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Food was great. Bacon melted in my mouth - best I have ever had. Two glasses were dirty. One had lip marks while the other had lipstick on in. Told staff and they changed them. But made us worried on how clean everything was. Did not feel rushed at all and they allowed us to linger. Liked that about brunch.Special Features:
- Gem in the neighborhoodGingerDined on 4/12/2014Everything was lovely and most enjoyable except for the manager on duty. He was Italian speaking,professional but very serious- upon check in we were 1st timers were most excited to be in the area, were not given a warm reception- just a matter of fact/here's your table, so once we sat down our party commented on the fact. The gentlemen never smiled the rest of the evening, so I'm not sure why he appeared to be in down. This really leaves an impression however- the vibe around us made up for what he lacked. I would give another try and be happy to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tasty EveningCTFoodstylistDined on 4/12/2014Never having been before, we decided try out Verde and were very pleasantly surprised. My Lobster Fra Diavolo was delicious, as was my husband's Branzino "special" & my father's Pork Chop "special." We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go if you like garlic!ChocolatedivaDined on 4/5/2014and who doesn't? A true neighborhood gem. Saturday night leisurely family dinner while waiting for teenagers at Barclay Center concert. First time eating in Cobble Hill, great neighborhood, Verde is a fantastic find. Our 7:45 pm reservation for 7 was honored on time. Lovely ambience, brick walls, cozy atmosphere. Everything we ordered was delicious, thoughtfully and well prepared, lots of garlic. Salmon was outstanding, flavorful garlic mixture on top, with delicious couscous mixed with garlic, onion and broccoli rabe. Shared appetizer was a salad of beets, warm leeks and a wonderful cheese. Everyone at our table (6 adults and one very hungry younger teen brother) was satisfied completely and would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verde on Smith never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014A friend and I decided to catch up over dinner. We ordered off the daily specials list, recited by our server (braised octopus in tomato sauce with cilantro and fresh tomatoes, grilled portobello mushrooms over arugula and goat cheese salad). Everything was delicious! We also shared a bottle of prosecco and dessert. Towards the end of our meal, a large group arrived and the noise-level went up noticeably, but it was not a disturbance. I have enjoyed every meal I have had at Verde and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my few timesDomFoodieDined on 3/28/2014This is one of my few times here I mostly come for brunch but this was dinner I truly enjoyed it they did everything to make me happy !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014I love any place that you can make a reservation but this place more than met my expectations. Great food, fast service and plenty of room. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place. Held a brunchLCHBrooklynDined on 3/22/2014Loved this place. Held a brunch meeting here and ended up ordering lunch too! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!ginaVIPDined on 3/15/2014I am new to the neighborhood and brought my daughter and her boyfriend already! Food is great and the staff is really nice and accommodating. The menu is hard to pick from because we want to try it all. So we will be back!!Special Features:
- Good nice spotR2D2Dined on 3/15/2014Place got busy but the service was still good. Food was delicious. Loved the bellini's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodGood4foodDined on 3/9/2014We arrived for a 6 pm dinner on a sunday. We were sat promptly. The menu has a good selection of italian dishes and their specials were even better. I thought the wine and cocktail list was very good. I ordered the lobster fra diavlo which was a good portion. The only thing I didnt like was how spicy it was. That was my fault for not telling them I'd like it milder but otherwise everything was delicious. Portions are not too large and not too small, they're filling. Chocolate lava cake was amazing. Highly recommend this place. No one bothered us or hovered over us. If we needed to find a waiter he was always to be found. I thought overall a fantastic placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for group dinner!ucbrooklynDined on 3/8/2014I planned a birthday dinner last Saturday evening for a group of 5 at Frankie's but late Friday evening all of the "maybe's" turned into "yes's". I panicked because I knew Frankies doesn't have any tables large enough to seat a party of 11. I jumped on Open Table and found Verde on Smith. I hadn't heard anything about it but it had great reviews so we gave it a shot. We were a pretty loud group and a couple people in our party were very late (reservation was at 7:30, last one showed up at 8:45). They handled it very graciously and the service was outstanding. Cocktails were creative and yummy, food was fantastic...highlights were the bufalata, baked clams, eggplant lasagnetta, gnocchi, and tiramisu. Definitely going back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.