9818 Gilead Rd Suite 107B
Huntersville, NC 28078Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verdemexican.com/
- Phone: 7042749192x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Verde
Urban Mexican Kitchen and CantinaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A major plus amid corporateminusesLSW77Dined on 8/16/2014A special surprise to find outstanding attention paid to quality food, quality preparation, and quality service and customer service amid the common plethora of just okay establishments. The sauces and options are a real plus, just ask your server. The broad selection of choices is a major plus. We have been several times and plan to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VerdeLoveGreatFoodDined on 8/16/2014Verde is my new favorite restaurant! The cuisine is sumptuous and the service is fabulous. One feels like family instead of a customer!Special Features:
- REAL MexicanPaulDined on 8/16/2014The whole experience at VERDE is always great. The food in not the usual watered-down" Americanized take on Mexican food. My wife and I have been to Verde many times since discovering it in the last few months and have never been dissapointed. We are looking forward to continue going through the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 8/1/2014First time and one of the best dining experiences! Super fresh and delicious food, wonderful service! The owner came around twice making sure EVERYTHING was satisfactory and the bartender made unique drinks and came to our table to see how we liked them. Really felt the family feel and personal care at this restaurant! Would highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!PickyfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Tried this place for the first time during restaurant week and my wife and I were very pleased with our choice. I dinged the service only because our server put in the wrong app for me causing us to wait 10 more minutes after my wife's app was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dinner!CourtneyDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Verde! Don't let the strip mall get to you. This was a fun place for dinner. It was bright and lively with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dateGatorfanDined on 7/25/2014Optimistic based on past patronage of Prickly Pear in Mooresville. Busy Friday night. Service was attentive and engaged. Food was at our table quickly. Mango-citrus shrimp fajitas arrived fast and still hot, and were delicious. Table-side guacamole was delicious. We split the entree and guac and had plenty of food. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Verde restaurant is a must visit for those who must eat Gluten free. Their menu clearly indicates items that are gluten free and there are many items to choose from. The food is very good. This was my second visit and I will certainly return.Special Features:
- Good foodDandDVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food is really good, but they get it wrong a lot. Have been here several times and love the food but when we ask for changes (no onions, etc.) it usually comes out wrong. Not sure why but the food is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll go backFOODLOVERDined on 6/20/2014The food was good as well as the service. Our waitress was friendly but discreet. We first sat inside but it was too loud mainly because of one group of ladies. We moved outside and it was great. Nice soft music, water fountain, lights hanging, and quiet people.Special Features:
- ExcellentBuchananDined on 6/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed everything we had. Food was delicious, beautiful, and unique. Service warm and friendly.Special Features:
- A Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/9/2014If you like Mexican/Cuban/Latin American dishes, you must hit this place. Really nicely prepared dishes, great multiple flavor profiles and friendly service. I'm surprised this place is not packed every night.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014My husband had the pork. It was 90% fat and bone. The plate was 20.00 and not worth it. The server did not even ask us how our food was or I would have told them.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Verde reviews archive.
- Best urban Mexican fare aroundwetrieditDined on 5/17/2014If you like Mexican food, you can't miss trying verde. The food is really delicious. The brisket tacos and enchiladas are so good. This is hands down the beat Mexican in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Service a bitBuchananDined on 3/16/2014Great food. Service a bit awkward but the food is unique, high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- Food was fresh and delicious.HillaryDined on 3/8/2014Food was fresh and delicious. My only complaint is it was so noisy we had a hard time understanding our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious urban mexican food!wetrieditDined on 3/8/2014What a great restaurant for those of us living in Huntersville. No longer needing to drive into charlotte for a delicious urban mexican meal. All 4 of our entrees were excellent. The Pibil and the brisket enchiladas were so good. The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping us pick some great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!MommyTwingleDined on 3/8/2014Of the 4 things we ordered, 3 came wrong. We waited forever, and the bus boy took our plates,chips/salsa, etc and when we asked if we should keep our forks, he asked if we were having dessert. Meanwhile, we hadn't even gotten our lunch yet!!! There were only 4 tables, so it's not like they were busy. I shouldn't have been surprised though since their sister restaurants are disappointing as well, but we wanted to give this one the benefit of the doubt. We will not be back.
- 4 out of five enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/20144 out of five enjoyed the food very much with the fourth finding it just ok. Server brought flour rather than corn tortillas for fajitas, which was a problem given she was needing gluten freeI would recommend this to a friend.
- When first walking in I feltHeidiDined on 2/17/2014When first walking in I felt like I was in a Denny's or Waffle House. They need to work with a decorator to figure out how to capture a more inviting ambiance to their restaurants (Prickly Pear). That being said, the food is incredible. From the Calamari to the Fajitas, and all the interesting ingredients make for some pretty amazing entrees. The bar area is nice, but again it's not a place I would spend hanging out. I'm sure the outside seating area will be very popular come Spring and Summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good and reasonably priced for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masters of confortAlexDined on 1/28/2014I have The best experience at verde very nice service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant as usual. We tookDebbieDined on 1/6/2014Excellant as usual. We took the grandkids this time and enjoyed a much nicer than most places kid's menu, no "fingers" no fries, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four friends at VerdeTable311Dined on 1/4/2014Between myself, my wife, and our friends, we've been to Verde seven times since it opened. That should tell you that we really enjoy this place. The food is amazing! It is way more like fine dining than a Mexican Restaurant. The chef uses fresh ingredients and the presentation is like something you see in a magazine. All at a fair price. The decor is very clean and green. The tables are a bit small but have to be because the place isn't that big. If you are looking for an intimate and quiet place, this isn't it.The atmosphere is lively. It is kid friendly and there have been several family groups dining the last two nights but they were well behaved. Overall, I will keep telling others to give it a try. They will love it! , Table311Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveDonver12Dined on 1/2/2014Much too expensive for a Mexican Restaurant. Food and service was very good. Entree items were very expensiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodwinstonDined on 12/28/2013The food was exceptional! It was a nice twist to the usual mexican fare. It one of our new favorites.Special Features:
- Better than its sisterRickerDined on 12/23/2013Casual, creative Mexican. The tacos are stellar. My only concern is whether folks will get comfortable with the dinner price points in a strip mall full of fast food options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant upscale MexicanDebbieDined on 12/7/2013excellant upscale Mexican food, get your soggy burritos somewhere else. I think Bobby Flay is in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoTheThreeMusketeersDined on 11/30/2013Wasn't impressed and will probably not return. My veggie fajita was overpriced and only slightly warm. The portion was small too. My wife and daughter thought their meals were just OK. May have lunch here again just to give it a second chance.
- Twice and will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013Food is freshly prepared and not the traditional menu one see's at mexican restaurants. Good choice of tequilasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but expensiveNoleChikDined on 11/22/2013This is upscale Mexican food, not your standard tacos and burritos. Therefore, it is more expensive. The drinks start at $7, the appetizers $9. The food was fresh, but needed more seasoning. The drinks were very good, as were the Churros - hot dough sticks drenched with cinnamon sugar, served with chocolate for dipping. I was also very pleased to get chopped fresh jalapeños when I asked for some jalapeños on the side. The service was good.Special Features:
- Unexpected tastes!MarkSDined on 11/19/2013My wife and I were very pleased with the unique flavor profiles at Verde. The Nachos were the best we have ever eaten with the sweet and smoky brisket piled on. We would highly recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale Mexican farelkndinerDined on 11/19/2013The title says it all. We enjoyed the experience and will be back! Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooting for places like thispl60sVIPDined on 11/3/2013We had a great meal and a great time. The staff works very hard and shows me they want to impress. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican FoodMissingSouthTexasVIPDined on 10/25/2013We moved up to NC from South Texas and were hard pressed to find a good Mexican food restaurant. Now the search is not so desperate. Verde isn't what we would call "South Texas" Mexican, but it's close enough! The Nachos Verdes were worth a mention, very tasty! Staff was friendly and top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJefeVIPDined on 10/19/2013So the drinks will speak for themselves. Then comes the food. The nachos might possibly be the best I have ever had (and we have them at every restaurant we go to so that says a bit). The Pibil will blow your mind. And the Mole sauce is the best in the Charlotte area. True to everything mole should be. It's not what you think for typical Mexican food and that is a very very good thing.Special Features:
- Needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2013We were so excited to hear Verde was coming to Huntersville, but sadly this new local eatery has missed the mark on every leve.
- Great Food....Check it outmelinncVIPDined on 9/5/2013This is the sister restaurant to the Prickly Pear and it lives up to it's big sister's reputation. The menu is similar, but has new items. Service is spot on. I've been twice, neither time has been busy, I don't think work has gotten out about this place yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VerdeDandDVIPDined on 8/31/2013Wow! Great food. Great service. I have been to Verde 3 times now. Our regular Mexican restaurant around here used to be Chico's. Verde is even better!!! I mean much better! Everything seems lighter and more flavorful. We have gotten many different items on the menu and we have not been disappointed yet. Not in the least. This will definitely be our all time favorite Mexican restaurant. And we only live right down the road. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative food, nicely presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2013This was our first visit to this newly-opened restaurant. The food was good but a bit on the spicy side for our taste. But this is a Mexican restaurant, after all. The flavors worked, the food was nicely presented and seemed to be made from fresh ingredients. Service was very good, especially for a new restaurant. This is definitely a step or two above your “typical” Mexican fare, and the downside is that the prices reflect that. Dinner for 2, with shared appetizer, two entrees, shared dessert and two margaritas each came to over $100 with tip. Some may find it worth that, but we did not. We may try it again after it has been open for a while, but with so many other choices we don’t be rushing back.I would recommend this to a friend.