Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant
17550 Bernardo Oaks Dr
San Diego, CA 92128Neighborhood:
Poway / Rancho Bernardo
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/veranda/
- Phone: (858) 675-8555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm Appetizer Menu: Daily 3.00pm - 11.00pm Dinner: Daily : 5:00pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nicolas Bour
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday live music entertainment.
- Special Events: Local Tunes and Tastes Every Thursday 6-8PM Join us at Veranda Fireside Lounge and listen to a different local artist each week creatively paired with small bites to match the melody.
A word from Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant
A San Diego Dining Experience to Savor Inspired by the olive trees, gardens and villas that dot the Mediterranean coastline, making it a place one simply has to experience. Fresh and modern, Veranda's new menu features Mediterranean cuisine with a Southern California twist. Each dish is designed by the Resort's team of chefs using locally-sourced ingredients. Veranda is the perfect place to meet for a snack (try our Seared Spiced Ahi...yum), dine under the stars or gather around the fire with a cocktail (we recommend our Raspberry Lavender Margarita, it's heaven in a glass). Come and enjoy. You're sure to have an experience to savor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Poway / Rancho Bernardo ›
Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)scenic view (42)great for lunch (28)good for groups (23)special occasion (21)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- PatriciaDined on 11/21/2014The Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant used to be one of our favorite restaurants. However, over the past year we have been become disappointed with both the quality and quantity of the food. This week, we went in the evening to listen to some music, have a glass of wine and a hamburger. The setting was very nice with the pleasant lighting and live music. The service providers were attentive. The hamburgers were significantly smaller than they used to be and the quality of the meat definitely not as good, making the burgers less flavorful and less moist. You expect much more for a $15 burger. On a previous visit, I had ordered the scallop entree. Having had it before and really enjoying it, I ordered it again. The sides had been changed and not very tasteful. The presentation was not as attractive and the scallops were extremely salty. I should have sent the dish back. Also, the price of the entree had increased from our previous visit.Special Features:
- Beautiful outdoor location!!sunedazeDined on 11/21/2014The setting is absolutely beautiful, scenic. They are great about spreading out where people are seated. We had a small intimate party of four and there was a large party there for a birthday and we didn't hear them. Great place to have good conversations or a romantic dinner. Plenty of places to sit, hang out by fire pit or fireplace with drinks. Excellent lounge atmosphere. Service excellent and food was ok, but we just had the all you can eat fish and chips. Will definitely be back to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BevNaultDined on 11/17/2014Our daughter's wedding was recently held at the Rancho Bernardo Inn and we promised ourselves we'd return because every single meal was so good, and the staff and atmosphere of the Inn are top notch. We decided to celebrate our own anniversary with cocktails by the fire pit, and dinner at the Veranda. What a gem. We will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environmentjimmyDined on 11/10/2014The Veranda has some outdoor seating overlooking the golf course. A very pleasant view with good food. Our server was very good.Special Features:
- Saturday LunchSongDined on 11/8/2014It was hot, even in the dining room and there was a lot of noise. Food was good and so was the service.Special Features:
- PARTY OF THREE FOR LUNCHPDCTvRDined on 11/5/2014The ambiance was very nice. The food was a big disappointment. After dining at the incredible Avant upstairs I was expecting a lunch version of the Avant. The service is good but not as good as the setting demands. Make the Veranda like the Avant and you'll have a winner. Otherwise I'd rather dine at Carvers for lunch.
- Dinner is a yes, breakfast not so muchNothardtopleaseDined on 11/4/2014The food is good if and when it is available; this actually only applies to the breakfast buffet. We were seated, asked about beverages, provided menus and within 5-10 minutes the waiter appeared to take out orders. We chose the buffet based on the variety of offerings but unfortunately most of the chaffing dishes were empty. We had to wait and ask twice to have the dishes refilled so that we could choose our eggs/bacon/sausage/etc. Yes there was the option of oatmeal/cold cereal but it would be assumed that the buffet would have the hot items ready to eat. Dinners at Veranda were good; braised short rib quesadillas is a recommendation. Taco Tuesdays is a good option if you are there on Tuesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!RBGirlDined on 10/27/2014I would absolutely recommend this restaurant!! The Veranda is an absolute treat!! I enjoy dining on their outdoor patio which has an awesome view of the golf course, but they also have indoor seating as well for cooler days. The food is absolutely delicious and the ambiance is classy. The dress code is mixed with casual and dressy. The Veranda is my favorite place to eat in Southern California!!Special Features:
- Veranda + Vickie = :-)camykenDined on 10/20/2014I always enjoy dining at the RB Inn, especially at the Veranda. The outdoor seating is spectacular - and the heaters do a spectacular job in the evenings. The food is always delicious and the weekday specials are a great deal. We took the kids on Monday for the Burgers and Brews. Great deal for craft beer and a delicious burger and fries. The kids were able to keep themselves busy putting on the green by the patio until their food was served. This evening was quieter than usual - I've been here when the patio is packed too. What also keeps me coming back is Vickie Cooper. Her service is superb and her laughter is energetic. I always request her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!dritchhartDined on 10/18/2014We live close by and go to the Veranda several times a year. The view and ambiance of sitting outside is very special. Even in winter months, with the heaters it is never uncomfortable. The bonus is that the food and service are also very good. Was also nice having live music in the background. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- blesetDined on 10/4/2014Interesting and excellent appetizers. So so main courses that need an upliftingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointment @ VerandadininginNC1Dined on 10/3/2014Far from a foodie highlight. The 'Po Boy" featured an indeterminate sauce, four fried baby shrimp (previously frozen) and a stale roll. A Cobb Salad was unimaginative and 90% chopped greens. Service was rushed although the cafe and terrace were far from capacity. No offer of beverage refills or even top offs. Gone are the days of respectable food and a leisurely lunch for friends. Sad for North County.Special Features:
- A great findfoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Totally love the golf course view. Pleasant live music playing during dinner. Great fireplaces for drinks and relaxing. SO inviting and easy going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionCHS66Dined on 9/24/2014Entertaining a group of ladies for a special luncheon, sitting on the patio of the Verandah Restaurant at the Rancho Bernardo Inn, is without a doubt a sure thing. It's casual and relaxing. The food and service is perfectly suited, and the lovely setting is second to none. Thank you for making my day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parttime4nowDined on 9/18/2014Had a great experience. Walking distance for us. Julian was a great waiter. Had tried to get reservations on weekends when we are down here, but no luck this summer. Got in on a Thurs finally. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great lunch with friendsCcgchulavistaDined on 9/12/2014Got together with previous co-workers! Such a nice place to go. Great service! Never felt rushed to place our orders or rushed to leave. Would definitely recommend and wii go back myself!Special Features:
- NiceJimboVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Veranda has become our favorite for outdoor dining. Good food, service, and atmosphere. And if you like deserts, the bread pudding is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing MealebellVIPDined on 8/28/2014Veranda is in a beautiful setting for dining, having cocktails and listening to music. Even with those great features our meals ruined the atmosphere for us. Two members of our party had the special fish and chips which was ordinary at best. The fish lacked flavor and a good dipping sauce (theirs tasted like mayo, catsup & pickle relish - no spice or unique flavor) and the fries were ordinary, not their great fries which seem to have disappeared from the menu. The other two members shared a salad and a pizza. The salad was excellent, very fresh ingredients but the pizza tasted like they'd taken it out of a box in the freezer and warmed it up. Veranda has gone down hill in our opinion, so disappointing.
- GolfRBIDined on 8/25/2014Great setting on the course, great service and food.Special Features:
- pricey, but ambiancewonderful3momsDined on 8/23/2014Everything about Veranda is wonderful. However, the food is overly priced for the portion size. We had the salmon and it was half the size of a normal filet. Luckily, I ordered the Ribeye to share with the hubby. Next time, we may just come for a few appetizers.Special Features:
- Special PricingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The mahi mahi salad on special was very good but the waiter did not disclose price and it was a piece of fish on greens, Thats it. The price was ridiculous as compared to the published prices on the menu. Not happy with that. Everything else was great, food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- chewy meat.Looking4SpecialPlaces2EatDined on 8/21/2014I ordered the rib eye and got a mouth of gristle and fat in the center of my think cut rib eye. NOT IMPRESSED. I noticed another member of my party spat out a chunk of something they could not chew on the filet mignon as well. Another issue was that I asked if the waiter if they could prepare a particular entrée without garlic and he let me know that the part with garlic was made ahead of time. I then ordered a different entrée with spinach (rib eye with Spinach) and it came with big chunks of garlic... um.. maybe the waiter should have mentioned that my alternate entrée had garlic in it? Wine was GREAT!!!! Caprese salad was GREAT! Atmosphere is GREAT! View is very nice! Lounge is nice!Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!SharonaDined on 8/20/2014I treated a friend to lunch for her birthday at the Veranda and it couldn't have been better! We are making plans to return for a breakfast soon! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms Birthday dinnerRBSR3dinersDined on 8/19/2014Very pleasant experience! We had Mom's Birthday dinner at Veranda, it was the perfect setting outside overlooking golf greenery, beautiful acoustic music playing in background and excellent service!Special Features:
- Relaxing lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The food was adequate. Our server was great! I always have to continually ask for my water to be refilled at this place.Special Features:
- Bad management team5969unhappydinnerDined on 8/13/2014They can't find my reservation first…. I find the two PR ladies worked in Veranda Fireside Lounge on the 13th/8 were rude... no service and just ignored us...over all I think it's a joke. :) Our Anniversary had indicated! They ruined our night well. Very unhappy hotel guests and dinner.Special Features:
- Rancho Bernardo EatingAnotherPlaceDined on 8/8/2014If you want to impress visitors with a scenic and relatively quiet setting and good food, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ample Parking is a pluscrmacvVIPDined on 8/5/2014The availability of ample parking makes ding here even more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRBgalDined on 8/4/2014My filet mignon was to die for...$38 seemed a bit pricey, however. Next time we'll try the "build your own burger" on Monday. Loved the casual outdoor atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchPattyDined on 7/30/2014My friend had never been to the Veranda, so we went there to celebrate her birthday. We loved it! Beautiful view, yummy salads, great server! We plan to come back for the Tacos, Tacos, Tacos some Tuesday evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 369 reviews are from the Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant reviews archive.
- July 28thPeanutNmeDined on 7/28/2014Interior of the restaurant needs a good cleaning especially the AC vents in the ceiling which are filthy. Waiter forgot to bring us ice tea refills, then after about a 15 minute we got 2 glasses, and original glasses filled. Luncheon Salad portions (Caesar and cobb) were a bit small for the price. Fresh bread with tapenade dip was wonderful treat.Special Features:
- Awesome Lunch Spotddean60Dined on 7/28/2014Had a Team meeting lunch on the Veranda, the service was excellent, great food, great atmosphere, pricing was good and the view is great ! Will go back without question ..Special Features:
- Great time was had by all!MDMofRBDined on 7/18/2014This is a wonderful restaurant which can get very busy on a Friday night, which is when we last visited. Overall the noise level was very good, except for one large table, that had a few bottles of wine, but it did not spoil our time. The view over the golf course is great, the food arrives hot and tasty. Our server was attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:
- Good view. Poor Service.wilshoDined on 7/8/2014The ambience and food were excellent. The service was extremely slow and featured a waitress who seemed otherwise occupied. We got much better help from a bus boy who at least would fill our water glasses if we chased him down.Special Features:
- Al Fresco Dining DelightDrGOVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a group of 8 for birthday celebration and we had a wonderful time. Food was good but not overly creative. Waiter did not rush us and everything went well.Special Features:
- Excellent chefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Really pleased with the chef's knowledge of how to cook a steak Pittsburgh rare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beauty all aroundfoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014THe venue is beautiful, wonderful sunsets. THe fireplace lounge is so inviting and the music is delightful. I was somewhat disappointed in the food. THe quality was very good but there just wasn't much of it. I had the asian chicken salad and it had 3 pieces of shredded chicken and about 15 bites of lettuce. For $14.50 I think it cost them under $1.00 in product to make this salad. I went home and had a sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good3jsssVIPDined on 6/15/2014I had the BLT, which was delicious. Thick slabs of bacon with butter lettuce, big slices of tomatoes were in a ciabatta roll.Special Features:
- Great view and ambience.Mochi2011Dined on 6/11/2014Food was excellent. Loved the live music and the weather was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal outMDMofRBDined on 6/9/2014We went on a Monday and had the build your own burger, which was wonderful. The view from the restaurant is great, the service (if a little slow) was very good and the food very good. Overall we had a great time and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.