Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant
17550 Bernardo Oaks Dr
San Diego, CA 92128Neighborhood:
Poway / Rancho Bernardo
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ranchobernardoinn.com/veranda/
- Phone: 8586758555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm Appetizer Menu: Daily 3.00pm - 11.00pm Dinner: Daily : 5:00pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nicolas Bour
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday live music entertainment.
- Special Events: Local Tunes and Tastes Every Thursday 6-8PM Join us at Veranda Fireside Lounge and listen to a different local artist each week creatively paired with small bites to match the melody.
A word from Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant
A San Diego Dining Experience to Savor Inspired by the olive trees, gardens and villas that dot the Mediterranean coastline, making it a place one simply has to experience. Fresh and modern, Veranda's new menu features Mediterranean cuisine with a Southern California twist. Each dish is designed by the Resort's team of chefs using locally-sourced ingredients. Veranda is the perfect place to meet for a snack (try our Seared Spiced Ahi...yum), dine under the stars or gather around the fire with a cocktail (we recommend our Raspberry Lavender Margarita, it's heaven in a glass). Come and enjoy. You're sure to have an experience to savor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Poway / Rancho Bernardo ›
Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)scenic view (51)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (22)good for groups (20)special occasion (20)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Had a great experience. Walking distance for us. Julian was a great waiter. Had tried to get reservations on weekends when we are down here, but no luck this summer. Got in on a Thurs finally. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great lunch with friendsCcgchulavistaDined on 9/12/2014Got together with previous co-workers! Such a nice place to go. Great service! Never felt rushed to place our orders or rushed to leave. Would definitely recommend and wii go back myself!Special Features:
- NiceJimboVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Veranda has become our favorite for outdoor dining. Good food, service, and atmosphere. And if you like deserts, the bread pudding is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing MealebellVIPDined on 8/28/2014Veranda is in a beautiful setting for dining, having cocktails and listening to music. Even with those great features our meals ruined the atmosphere for us. Two members of our party had the special fish and chips which was ordinary at best. The fish lacked flavor and a good dipping sauce (theirs tasted like mayo, catsup & pickle relish - no spice or unique flavor) and the fries were ordinary, not their great fries which seem to have disappeared from the menu. The other two members shared a salad and a pizza. The salad was excellent, very fresh ingredients but the pizza tasted like they'd taken it out of a box in the freezer and warmed it up. Veranda has gone down hill in our opinion, so disappointing.
- GolfRBIDined on 8/25/2014Great setting on the course, great service and food.Special Features:
- pricey, but ambiancewonderful3momsDined on 8/23/2014Everything about Veranda is wonderful. However, the food is overly priced for the portion size. We had the salmon and it was half the size of a normal filet. Luckily, I ordered the Ribeye to share with the hubby. Next time, we may just come for a few appetizers.Special Features:
- Special PricingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The mahi mahi salad on special was very good but the waiter did not disclose price and it was a piece of fish on greens, Thats it. The price was ridiculous as compared to the published prices on the menu. Not happy with that. Everything else was great, food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- chewy meat.Looking4SpecialPlaces2EatDined on 8/21/2014I ordered the rib eye and got a mouth of gristle and fat in the center of my think cut rib eye. NOT IMPRESSED. I noticed another member of my party spat out a chunk of something they could not chew on the filet mignon as well. Another issue was that I asked if the waiter if they could prepare a particular entrée without garlic and he let me know that the part with garlic was made ahead of time. I then ordered a different entrée with spinach (rib eye with Spinach) and it came with big chunks of garlic... um.. maybe the waiter should have mentioned that my alternate entrée had garlic in it? Wine was GREAT!!!! Caprese salad was GREAT! Atmosphere is GREAT! View is very nice! Lounge is nice!Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!SharonaDined on 8/20/2014I treated a friend to lunch for her birthday at the Veranda and it couldn't have been better! We are making plans to return for a breakfast soon! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms Birthday dinnerRBSR3dinersDined on 8/19/2014Very pleasant experience! We had Mom's Birthday dinner at Veranda, it was the perfect setting outside overlooking golf greenery, beautiful acoustic music playing in background and excellent service!Special Features:
- Relaxing lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The food was adequate. Our server was great! I always have to continually ask for my water to be refilled at this place.Special Features:
- Bad management team5969unhappydinnerDined on 8/13/2014They can't find my reservation first…. I find the two PR ladies worked in Veranda Fireside Lounge on the 13th/8 were rude... no service and just ignored us...over all I think it's a joke. :) Our Anniversary had indicated! They ruined our night well. Very unhappy hotel guests and dinner.Special Features:
- Rancho Bernardo EatingAnotherPlaceDined on 8/8/2014If you want to impress visitors with a scenic and relatively quiet setting and good food, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ample Parking is a pluscrmacvVIPDined on 8/5/2014The availability of ample parking makes ding here even more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRBgalDined on 8/4/2014My filet mignon was to die for...$38 seemed a bit pricey, however. Next time we'll try the "build your own burger" on Monday. Loved the casual outdoor atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchPattyDined on 7/30/2014My friend had never been to the Veranda, so we went there to celebrate her birthday. We loved it! Beautiful view, yummy salads, great server! We plan to come back for the Tacos, Tacos, Tacos some Tuesday evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 28thPeanutNmeDined on 7/28/2014Interior of the restaurant needs a good cleaning especially the AC vents in the ceiling which are filthy. Waiter forgot to bring us ice tea refills, then after about a 15 minute we got 2 glasses, and original glasses filled. Luncheon Salad portions (Caesar and cobb) were a bit small for the price. Fresh bread with tapenade dip was wonderful treat.Special Features:
- Awesome Lunch Spotddean60Dined on 7/28/2014Had a Team meeting lunch on the Veranda, the service was excellent, great food, great atmosphere, pricing was good and the view is great ! Will go back without question ..Special Features:
- Great time was had by all!MDMofRBDined on 7/18/2014This is a wonderful restaurant which can get very busy on a Friday night, which is when we last visited. Overall the noise level was very good, except for one large table, that had a few bottles of wine, but it did not spoil our time. The view over the golf course is great, the food arrives hot and tasty. Our server was attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:
- Good view. Poor Service.wilshoDined on 7/8/2014The ambience and food were excellent. The service was extremely slow and featured a waitress who seemed otherwise occupied. We got much better help from a bus boy who at least would fill our water glasses if we chased him down.Special Features:
- Al Fresco Dining DelightDrGOVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a group of 8 for birthday celebration and we had a wonderful time. Food was good but not overly creative. Waiter did not rush us and everything went well.Special Features:
- Excellent chefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Really pleased with the chef's knowledge of how to cook a steak Pittsburgh rare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beauty all aroundfoodieDined on 6/24/2014THe venue is beautiful, wonderful sunsets. THe fireplace lounge is so inviting and the music is delightful. I was somewhat disappointed in the food. THe quality was very good but there just wasn't much of it. I had the asian chicken salad and it had 3 pieces of shredded chicken and about 15 bites of lettuce. For $14.50 I think it cost them under $1.00 in product to make this salad. I went home and had a sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good3jsssVIPDined on 6/15/2014I had the BLT, which was delicious. Thick slabs of bacon with butter lettuce, big slices of tomatoes were in a ciabatta roll.Special Features:
- Great view and ambience.Mochi2011Dined on 6/11/2014Food was excellent. Loved the live music and the weather was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal outMDMofRBDined on 6/9/2014We went on a Monday and had the build your own burger, which was wonderful. The view from the restaurant is great, the service (if a little slow) was very good and the food very good. Overall we had a great time and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHelenDined on 6/5/2014The beautiful view,food super-good and service outstanding.Even the chief had time to stop by at our table to chat.Staff took seriously our questions of a special diet.It is sure,we come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceKinikkiDined on 6/4/2014The Veranda is a great place to spend a California summer evening. It wins points for ambiance, delicious martinis, a view, decent food. (My chicken sandwich was a bit dry.) Have always enjoyed the breakfast choices, too.Special Features:
- AarghAarghDined on 6/3/2014Unfortunately 4 of us ordered the taco bar. Had to wait in line about 5 minutes for meat to arrive becaue no one watched to see it was empty. Dried up chicken at taco bar was terrible (or whatever it was). My daughter (her birthday) and 9 year old granddaughter shared a pasta. Two spicy for the child to eat and wish the waiter had warned us about that . Beautiful setting but very poor meals. Waiter was nice. Terrible food.Special Features:
- DrMKSDined on 6/3/2014One of the most beautiful places to dine in California.Special Features:
- Hidden gemareyou86Dined on 6/2/2014Had a great time at veranda. My second time at the restaurant with some friends. Loved the live music and food and service was what we expect from the Rancho Bernardo Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SchultzOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014They made us feel like royalty, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST!bjfMarineDined on 6/1/2014Well worth the price! Staff an added bonus. A can't miss experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veranda great for outdoor diningCarrieBDined on 5/29/2014I highly recommend the Veranda at the Rancho Bernardo Inn. Very nice patio dining. Food is good and they have Gluten Free options. Nice wine list and full bar. Excellent view of the 18th hole. Very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2014I ate at the Veranda twice last year and found it very good. This last time it was so-so. The salmon was excellent but the spinach was horrible and the rice was hard and crunchy. The spinach didn't even taste like spinach. My friend didn't eat her spinach as well.
- The following 350 reviews are from the Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant reviews archive.
- California Dining!SuzQSDDined on 5/23/2014We come here often for lunch, happy hour a nice California dinner on the terrace. On the weekends they have live music - just a great place to go and you can always count on good food great ambience!Special Features:
- really nicezero16Dined on 5/16/2014It was our anniversary and we really enjoyed the meal. We had steak, delicious. We had wanted to sit outside but it was just too hot so we sat inside but my only complaint was that the restaurant wasn't very cool either, don't know if their air conditioner wasn't working. But all things considering it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blesetDined on 5/5/2014Even the hamburgers( Monday is hamburger night) were interesting with a wide choice of add-ons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014A wonderful experience as always! It's our local go-to place for brunch, lunch and evening fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blesetDined on 5/3/2014As always great job and interesting food. Never a dull moment in the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.