130 7th Ave. South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.verandanyc.com/
- Phone: 2122553331
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Kevin O'Connell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Both of Veranda's rooms are available as venues for special events and corporate parties. Our lounge has a capacity of 150 guests and the main dining room has a capacity of 200 guests. Each has their own sound system, DJ booth, and full service bars. We can cater to any palate and adjust our menu for your party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2122553331
A word from Veranda
Restaurant by day and lounge by night, Veranda is in a world of its own. Exposed brick walls, outdoor tables, and a glass facade bring you into a modern Mediterranean dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Veranda reviews from OpenTable diners
- Surprisingly good!NY1and2VIPDined on 1/5/2013Veranda's menu is surprisingly well executed. I say surprisingly because I think that Veranda may be best known for its late night doings. That said, the Greek-Middle Eastern offerings are near spot-on. The smoke from the hookah pipes can be challenging for non-smokers and the furniture almost says, "we don't take our dining room seriously," but go for the food. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Hookah needs a lot of improvement.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Hookah needs a lot of improvement. It would also be nice to incorporate an actual MENU for the hookah flavors and options but that would be logical.Special Features:
- Unacceptable serviceLizUVIPDined on 12/31/2012I made a reservation for 10 people for New Years, which was also my birthday. When I arrived at the restaurant, I was told they would not honor my reservation because they were throwing a party and never bothered to contact me. The manager was neither polite or apologetic and did not even offer for me to return to the restaurant on another day. Extremely poor customer service.
- real polite staff and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2012Went here with visiting friends. A waiter spilled a plate of ours so the manager took 30% off our bill, comped us for the plate and offered us complimentary drinks. Was really impressed. The good was also goodSpecial Features:
- Restaurant: As a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Restaurant: As a restaurant the food was very good, however the service wasn't. The waiter disappeared for long period of time and we didn't have any other emmployee to ask for service. Also the food took a long time and the waiter didn't came with the dessert menu. My sister had to ask him for a chocolate cake. Night club/ lounge: I really like the music and we had a great time. The ambience is good too. The only down side is that they charge 20% gratuity. I will understand if is a group like 5 or more, but just for one person !!Special Features:
- not a bad place.. but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2012not a bad place.. but they immediately make you move out of your table when the check comes if you are not buying a bottle wed night.. also a 20% included gratuity is a little steep for party of 3..however the scene and music are good late night wedSpecial Features:
- Took almost 1 hour to getOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Took almost 1 hour to get entrees after appetizers... and that was after asking for them twice. Food was decent... the place is clearly a nightclub/lounge and the restaurant is an afterthought.
- Food and ambiance were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Food and ambiance were both very good.. Nice dinner date spot!
- Wait staff seemed to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2012Wait staff seemed to have no clue what was going. I asked about whether they were participating in restaurant week; they didn't even know what it was. They forgot to bring napkins and silverware to the table; wine list only upon insistance. Food was quite delicious though. Mac and cheese with lamb ragu is to die for. They seemed to know they were a little off their game and tried to make it up to us with a free hookah at the end of the night. Nice gesture, but the hookah was pretty harsh. A fairly mediocre dining experience...
- Go back to your old appetizer menucbc1Dined on 1/9/2012They changed their appetizer menu. They used to have little lamb burgers, shrimp, and chicken items.....wonderful with drinks early in the evening. Now I don't know if I will go back
- Weird placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/3/2011man this place is weird. It's like a restaurant in the middle of a night club. The thng is the food and the service isn't bad. It won't blow you away, but after the panic of walking in the door, it was a relief. Not a place for a date, at all. No way. Unless you're going clubbing afterwards. In the exact same venue. This place is good for groups who don't want to spend a lot per head and who want a lively place.
- It seems like its more ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2011It seems like its more of a bar, but would be fun for a birthday or a group gatheringSpecial Features:
- Terrible service. The entirevanillanutmegVIPDined on 11/19/2011Terrible service. The entire staff was rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. They ruined my birthday and I would never recommend that anyone go to this place.
- Purchased dinner from web-site,HappyDined on 11/5/2011Purchased dinner from web-site, Gilt City, was very pleased. The wine was excellent and the dinner was four courses chosen by the chef. The food was excellent. Had stuffed calamari as one course. This is something I usually do not eat, but the flavors were astounding. From the 1st course, thru dessert, I was very pleased with my purchase. I would recommend this place. The astomphere and service was very good.Special Features:
- Good food, unpleasant spaceNYMamaDined on 9/16/2011Veranda is cavernous, dark and noisy. Not promising-sounding, right? Well the food, largely Mediterranean, is really excellent. We had the mixed mezze and "feta sampler" which we all loved. The harira was very Moroccan (I would have added more preserved lemon, but two in our party loved it) and the falafel were extra crispy. The service was a little haphazard. Still, one of our group is eager to return, so there you have it.Special Features:
- food and drinks were stellar.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2011food and drinks were stellar. highly suggest the lamb dishesSpecial Features:
- veranda turns into a hoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2011veranda turns into a hopping dance club around 11.00 pmSpecial Features:
- Being of the older group weOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/12/2011Being of the older group we could see that it was really a great place for the 20-30's, but being early eaters we enjoyed the ambience. The appetizers were wonderful, especially the stuffed calamari. And the jumbo shrimp were tender and cooked just right. And whoever came up with the idea of a baklava cheesecake was a genius.Special Features:
- This was my 3rd time dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011This was my 3rd time dinning there and had a wonderful experience all times.Special Features:
- Loved the look of the place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2011Loved the look of the place. The waiters & bar tenders were friendly. I went with my friends to to bar area where there was a salsa dance scene. The dj was excellent, the crowd was nice. We enjoyed our food, with the exception of my friend who's vegetarian. She ordered a soup which didn't state on the menu that contained chicken. But overall, we had an excellent time!Special Features:
- We had 10PM dinner reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/22/2011We had 10PM dinner reservations for our party of 6. I highly recommend not reserving later than 9PM because the place turns into a dance club on Friday and Saturday nights. It started to get really crowded towards the end of our dinner. Also, the service was really slow due to the crowd. Otherwise, the food and environment (music and crowd) was great.Special Features:
- Restaurant was good overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/22/2011Restaurant was good overall. Appetizers were excellent as were the cocktails. Some main entrees were great, while others were just okay. Decor was very nice, and the restaurant was very young and energetic.Special Features:
- Interesting set up for a partyDisappointedVIPDined on 1/1/2011Interesting set up for a party of 2. Our table was randomly located in the middle of the dining room. We were also curious as to why the gratuity was included in our check? Cool atmosphere but the food was a little bland.
- The restaurant has two separateNopeVIPDined on 11/12/2010The restaurant has two separate entrances for lounge area and restaurant is adjacent. We arrived on time for our reservation on a Fri night and were immediately seated. Good atmosphere, nice music, nice decor, a bit sceney. Food was good, not great. The falafel appetizer was terrible, it came from a box. unforgiveable considering this is a mediterranean pl. Served spinach with several entrees that was a bit greasy. we were rushed out of our seats after being seated for not quite 1hr for another reservation. We were accommodated in the lounge area but the service was very spotty and we really felt unwanted. Overall, poor service and it seems mgt. The atmosphere changes for the worse after 9.Special Features:
- Stopped at Veranda for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2010Stopped at Veranda for dinner before attending a musical event in the village. The food was good, and the service pleasant, but the place was empty and echoing early in the evening - perhaps a better venue for late night.
- The appetizers were amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2010The appetizers were amazing! The entrees were great, although the main entree I had (swordfish) lacked of balancing flavors that can make the swordfish steak more noticeable. Service wise, it was very slow. We felt ignored by the waiter since he made sure all the other tables were okay contrary to our nine-people party.Special Features:
- Food was just ok, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2010Food was just ok, service was poor (our wine order came after we finished our dinner). We made a reservation for 8pm on a Friday on OpenTable as there was no time earlier available. When we got there the place was empty, literally we were the only people for dinner other than the few people at the bar. I'm not sure why we couldn't get an earlier reservation, they certainly weren't booked.
- It was fine. That's all. TheGoodDougBostonVIPDined on 8/12/2010It was fine. That's all. The service was friendly, just a little inept. The water glasses were always full but the not the wine!
- Enjoyed a late evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2010Enjoyed a late evening dinner with a close friend at Veranda. While I waited at the bar I got to know a very friendly wait staff who told me about their wine list which included picks from small Mediterranean towns. For dinner I told the server to simply bring me his favorite, which turned out to be salmon cooked to perfection. I dont normally like salmon but I ate every bite. The atmosphere was more for that of a date than to catch up with a friend, but it would go either way. Also, they change over to music and hookah. I will have to go back to check that part out.
- Everyone in my party enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2010Everyone in my party enjoyed our appetizers and dinner. Food was excellent! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- I made a dinner reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010I made a dinner reservation for 8:30pm off the Veranda website.. This was my second time there within 2 weeks. In terms of dinner, the service was excellent while the food menu is very straightforward and has something for everyone. The staff is very knowledgeable about the menu. I've also been there to have drinks at the bar and smoke Hookah later in the evening. I had an amazing time there between the DJ playing great music ranging from Hiphop, reggae to techno to spanish music and excellent service at the bar. I'd recommend this place for big groups or even for a couple. In terms of the decor, Veranda is very trendy.Special Features:
- I came here for dinner duringOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/3/2010I came here for dinner during the 4th of July weekend so it was pretty slow for dinner. However, the place became crowded when the DJ started playing music. The food was very good and priced well. I had the rib steak and my date had the Chilean sea bass. Both dishes were excellent. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Took a chance on an unreviewedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2010Took a chance on an unreviewed restaurant but we were not disappointed. It was beautiful night in the village and we sat outside. We were a party of 6 and everyone loved their dishes, lamb burger, prawns, lamb threeways, arugal/beet salad, zucchini chips, stuffed calamari,etc. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Our resy was for 7:30 and the inside was empty. Looks like it gears up latenight with a dj and hookah. Would definitely go back.Special Features: