189 Keefer Place
Vancouver, BC V6B 6L4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.veracepizzeria.com/
- Phone: 6046695552
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Group bookings available for up to 60 guests. Please contact for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6046695552
A word from Verace Pizzeria
The inspiration for Verace Pizzeria stems from a passion for the authentic fire-roasted pizzas found throughout Italy for years and more recently in North America. For a century and a half, the pizza makers of Italy (or "Pizzaioli" as they are known in Italian) have been producing unique mouth-watering pizzas using the freshest ingredients available. The pizza at Verace Pizzeria captures the pure essence of simple and delicious Italian food. Verace Pizzeria practices the techniques of the masters by using the key ingredients that make a traditional pizza. Our kitchen uses fruits and vegetables from local farms whenever possible, and imports only the finest Italian ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Verace Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrific pizza, and a greatVancouverFoodieDined on 3/5/2013Terrific pizza, and a great location right by skytrain and Rogers Arena.Special Features:
- We went with a group of sevenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012We went with a group of seven and had a fantastic evening. We enjoyed the food and the drinks. Service was really good even though the place was packed. Definitely would go again. Super place to go before a concert as it's within walking distance.Special Features:
- Excellent pizza. 4 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012Excellent pizza. 4 people can share 3 pizzas and it gives you a good variety to choose from. We will be back.
- We enjoyed our evening butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012We enjoyed our evening but the restaurant didn't seem to know about our reservation. If we would have shown up with 8 people and there wouldn't have been a table for us, it would have been a real problem. Thankfully, there wasn't but please find out where the disconnect happened between your system and theirs.Special Features:
- great restaurant, reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012great restaurant, reasonable price for excellent food !!!!Special Features:
- The place is nice and hasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012The place is nice and has its own character. The staff is friendly although the service was not great; the place was empty we had to wait for almost 30 minutes to get our pizza. I got a Margherita and my husband got a Prosciutto e Rucola. We were quite disappointed as there was way too much tomato on top of our pizzas. The quality of the ingredients was good but the result was like having a tomato soup on our pizza with 4 little slices of mozzarella on top. I was born and raised in Italy and although I am not from Napoli, I know what good pizza tastes like and this was not the case. Not sure if it was just an exception or we were out of luck, but I don't think I would go back. Sorry, pizzeria Verace...la pizza napoletana e' un'altra cosa!!
- Verace is tucked away in aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Verace is tucked away in a cul-de-sac by Tinseltown theatres. I have been here twice now and it just keeps getting better and better. This is my new go-to Italian/Pizzaria restaurant! The food here is amazing and the service is great! It's a good size restaurant and on both occasions I've seen them seat parties of 8 on one long table and there is still lots of room to move around. The decor is beautiful and clean with the giant open bar area. I definitely would recommend giving Verace a try...the Margherita Pizza and Spaghetti Puttanesca are my favourites!Special Features:
- Soup tasted like it was fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012Soup tasted like it was from a can, and the pasta wasn't great. It was fine, but wouldn't say good.
- Great thin crust pizzaYTdinerVIPDined on 7/21/2012Excellent thin crust pizza, far more authentic and tasty than the standard "North American" type. Service was a wee bit slow due to the oven being rather busy but this may have been a coincidence. Location is convenient to downtown though the view out to Keefer Place is a bit disappointing for now - some urban design improvements are needed, such as greenery in the centre of the traffic circle.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Excellent service from our waiter. Food was good. I had read rave reviews of the Funghi Pizza and was dying to try it. Unfortunately it did not live up to the hype. My husband ordered the Quattro Stagioni and it was tasty. We were on our way to an event at Rogers Arena and found the location perfect. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The food was good but we waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2012The food was good but we waited over 45 minutes for our food ( 6 guests) and it was not busy there were only two or three other tables on the patio and nobody inside as it was a hot day. THe waitress was nice.. but too long to wait for food that was good but not overly greatSpecial Features:
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012This is a great restaurant and our waitress was phenomenal to all of use and accommodating to the young kids that were in our party. The pizzas were truly authentic and we will be back.Special Features:
- Sat on the patio. Too badOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2012Sat on the patio. Too bad it's in shadow (no sun). The food is pretty good. Decent happy hour deals. Unfortunately my pizza was undercooked but my fellow-diners had better luck with theirs. I must say the service was stellar. I think it has potential and would give it another shot.Special Features:
- We ordered 5 pizzas to splitFyrwrksDined on 7/3/2012We ordered 5 pizzas to split amongst 8 of us and it was just enough. This also allowed us to try a variety of pizzas, the crusts were really nice, a good ratio of crunchy to chewy. The tomato sauce and white sauce were properly proportioned and tasted good. The Diablo was our favorite with the vomero (sp? It's the white sauce pizza with pistachios) was a surprising second pick. Service was very good, especially considering he was on his own on an unplanned busy day. All in all, we were all very pleased and found the food very good and very reasonably priced, we will return.Special Features:
- The best Italian food in Vancouver.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012The food as amazing! The care and attention to detail in the food was fantastic. The best Italian food in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Service was very friendlyphoebeKATDined on 7/1/2012Service was very friendly even though Italy was loosing badly...(Eurocup Final) Tiramisu was as great as I remembered!Special Features:
- value !!fitfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2012Excellent Pizza that is very reasonably priced.. While I prefer a slightly thicker crust on the bottom end, this place delivers very good value for your money with very reasonable prices and friendly service.. This is not a high end place but a super stalwart if you are looking for a good pizza before or after a sporting event at the stadium around the corner!Special Features:
- The pizza was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2012The pizza was great and the service was excellent. I had the lunch special - campania pizza and side salad. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- CJluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/23/2012The restaurant makes delicious artisan pizzas and has tasty beers on tap. The 1/2 Caesar salad was big enough to share for 2 people. Look forward to another visit to try the pastas. Friendly service.Special Features:
- Very, very good. Worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012We came here for Fathers day and ordered a set menu for two ($65). What a deal! We had a choice for everything, from the appy to the starter to the entree and even dessert. The food was amazing, very authentic. The pizza was the best we've ever had. It is a little more expensive than other places...but I we are always willing to pay more for quality food. The portions were a decent size as well. Enough for both of us to be full before the entree even came!Special Features:
- Great pie, with plenty of extrasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012With a menu that is well stocked with classic Italian favourites, Versace does not disappoint, using fresh ingredients and good preparation to provide a wonderful meal from start to finish - appetizers, salads, and mains. Their pizza is the specialty and there is no shortage of options to choose from and the complementary carbonated water is a good fit with the food.Special Features:
- reliability of open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Food was great and I liked how the food was prepped right there. However it did take about 20min for my pizza to arrive. Also I made a reservation about 30min before my arrival through open table and they didnt have my name. I didnt get my 100points even though I attended. So the reliability of opentable decreased.Special Features:
- Friendly staff; inside appearedsweeteatsDined on 5/26/2012Friendly staff; inside appeared clean though decor a little plain.Outside patio was perfect for a warm evening.Pizzas were good though could do with additional cheeses.Special Features:
- Food was decent , serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012Food was decent , service was horrendous. Waited 15mins before server came to greet us. Waited approx 1hr before food came, Antipasto came same time as pizza. Waited 20mins before the bill finally came.
- nice find in near tinseltownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2012pizza is super and prepared neopolitano style. we really enjoy verace for the happy hour pizza, appies and wine specials that they offer daily. super deal and great food.Special Features:
- Cocktails were made stiffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2012Cocktails were made stiff and well priced, our group had prosecco and Aperol, lemoncello mojito. Wine list good and again well priced. Our group of 4 shared Arugula, fig, gorgonzola salad, Burrata appie, and 3 pizzas plus one dessert pizza. Every dish we ordered was delish, we each chose a pizza and shared each one and asked that they be brought one at a time. Two of our group had been to N. Antica and found the food better here and not as stingy with amounts and topping. Dough a tad salty. In a strange location but a real gem. We will definitley be back. Our server was outstanding. Always there when we needed something but not bothersome and very friendly.Special Features:
- Our mushroom pizza was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Our mushroom pizza was excellent and our waiter extremely friendly. We would definitely come again!Special Features:
- This small restaurant bringsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012This small restaurant brings you to Italy. The staff are attentive, share thoughts on food and beverage. From the moment we walked in the door and was greeted with a smile it made us feel part of the "family". I will be backSpecial Features:
- A great little pizzeria inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2012A great little pizzeria in an unexpected place. It was quiet the night I went, but its location near Rogers Arena means that it's probably pretty busy on game nights. I had the Benevento pizza; excellent crust, very garlicky, delicious! My friend had the Bianca pizza, which she said was very good. I will definitely return to try more pizza in the near future.Special Features:
- We generally frequent Marcello’sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012We generally frequent Marcello’s on Commercial Drive but were looking for something within walking distance to Rogers Arena for a pre game dinner. This was a great find! Service was great, food was excellent and prices were very reasonable. We will definitely be skipping Marcello's more and enjoying Verace (and not just on game nights).
- Great casual spot for pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2012Great casual spot for pasta or pizza; close to Rogers Arena. Simple, good food well prepared with fresh ingredients. Some pizza offerings are special and unique such as adding arugula to a Margareta, not a choice you encounter at most pizza places. Friendly, efficient staff, great service and inexpensive.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2012Was good authentic Italian Pizza with good aloof Italian service. Enjoyed the food which was also priced well. Nice meal before the game and only two blocks away.Special Features:
- Overall the food very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Overall the food very good and service friendly. The downfall was the length of time it took to receive our food. We watched several tables around us receive their dinners and most people that came in after us got their dinners first. It took an hour and a half for our pizzas to arrive. We did have salads to start but here was no explanation or apology given for the delay. One order was missed completely. It was disappointing since the restaurant was not that busy. Service is very important in any restaurant and the first impression is important. If it is bad one time I do not return to that restaurant- there is lots of competition out there.Special Features:
- We went to Verace for an earlyYoureDiningMeCrazyVIPDined on 4/4/2012We went to Verace for an early dinner mid-week. If you've never had burrata before I would strongly recommend it as a starter to your meal. The lovely soft, milky cheese is accompanied by warm rosemary pizza bread, a balsamic vinegar reduction, and lemon oil and it is heavenly! Following this we ordered two equally tasty pizzas---the funghi (mushroom, my favourite) and the diavola (spicy salami). We find the portions to be generous and ended up taking home leftovers but the pizza re-heated up quite nicely on top of the stove in a non-stick pan the next day. Thank you to the Verace team for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2012Roberta (one of the owners) took excellent care of us, provide just the right level of service and the food was fabulous. All in all a wonderful evening and great find. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic Italian meal in Vancouver at a reasonable price point.Special Features:
- Great food, reasonably-priced wineliz272VIPDined on 3/31/2012This was my first time dining at Verace, and it was overall a nice experience. The food was extremely good. I went with 2 friends, and we shared 4 dishes - the meat/cheese appetizer platter (salati assortiti), the margherita pizza, the linguine al scoglio (seafood pasta), and the quattro stagioni pizza (ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, artichokes). The appetizer was excellent, the cheese they served came with a nice balsamic reduction, and the prosciutto was authentic and flavorful. Pizzas were wood fired and very nice - one of my friends who usually leaves the crust behind ate every bite. Pasta was delicious with very fresh seafood. The ambiance in the restaurant is a bit casual for the food quality though. Too bright and somewhat banal.Special Features:
- lights too bright, ask forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/23/2012lights too bright, ask for them to be turned down but they said they could not. No baileys??? The atmosphere was non existent. The wine was on special so I ordered it then I was told when I came to pay the bill "oh no thats not the one on the menu - thanks for your understanding." Why wasn't I told this isn't the wine when I ordered it. False advertising. Pizza quality was good but with the competition you need more than this.
- One of the best pizzas inurbandinerDined on 3/22/2012One of the best pizzas in town. Service is always very friendly. Great local spot.Special Features:
- Great pizza and antipasti!KrispyBitesVIPDined on 3/14/2012Great pizza and antipasti! It was one of the best Italian meals I've had. I loved the prosciutto and crushed tomatoes.Special Features:
- Mushroom Pizza - Yum - veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2012Mushroom Pizza - Yum - very thin crust and just the right ' chew' Pasta dish was very flavourfullSpecial Features: