Venue Restaurant and Lounge
4111 Pioneer Woods Dr.
Lincoln, NE 68506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Venue Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yourvenue.net/
- Phone: (402) 488-8368
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Benton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Award-Winning off-site Catering surpasses expectations with serving 500+ ensuring amazing deliverance and passionate hospitality. Whether treated your Guests to an elegant cocktail dinner or creating amazing memories with a holiday party, our full service catering staff will create your vision with you being able to sit back and enjoy the final product. Menu selections include sit down, stations, buffet, passed hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and wine tastings. We promise the details of an amazing event without the hard work on your shoulders.
Your Event. Your Vision. Our Passion.
- Private Party Facilities: Venue Restaurant and Lounge offers three gorgeous private dining rooms to accommodate up to 100+ guests. All rooms are fully equipped to meet your Audio & Visual needs. With exceptional service, beautiful ambiance and a lasting impression, your Guests will be taken above-and-beyond in their overall gathering experience.
- Private Party Contact: Cherie Anderson 4024888368
- Entertainment: Our talented Mixologists create a memorable view of cocktail espionage from behind our sunken bar every day by creating hand-crafted arts in every drink.
You can also see our talented team perform monthly private dining dinners in our gorgeous private rooms. Our Chefs presenting each course along with our professional Mixologists pairing beverages ensuring in-depth arts of how these masterpieces are created.
A word from Venue Restaurant and Lounge
Whether you are dining in, carrying out, gathering in our lounge, or utilizing private dining rooms and Catering, our Guests can count on getting the highest quality Venue Restaurant and Lounge has to offer. It's our pledge to provide the best service and artistic culinary ability while delivering the ultimate hospitality experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Venue Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Lincoln ›
Venue Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (25)romantic (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (9)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Food was great as always. The filet was perfect, and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will returnHrtpmprDined on 10/25/2014The food and wait staff were very helpful. We were seated in a quiet booth and the noise level was above average. Is prefer to not yell during a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!JustAmyJoDined on 10/24/2014Our food and service just couldn't have been more amazing. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant, which is why it was extremely loud, but overall a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Venue!TomSDined on 10/7/2014Venue is our favorite restaurant. Last year our son's in-laws visited from LA. They eat out all the time and at very fine restaurants. They still compliment Venue and can't believe it is so good (for being in Lincoln, Nebraska)!!Special Features:
- nice date night outmaryDined on 10/4/2014The atmosphere, service and most of the food was outstanding. The homemade papardelle was stuck together in the dish I ordered. Very disappointing for and $18 dish. But the rest was just perfect, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly SpectacularWe2travelabitVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Awesome service and consistantly wonderful food.Special Features:
- ExcellentknowsgoodfoodDined on 9/6/2014Top-notch food. Top-notch service. Still never had a bad experience or a bad bite of food at Venue.Special Features:
- Loved itStogieDined on 9/5/2014We love the special attention we get when we come on our anniversary. We will be back and might try out the bar area. Great job! Yes with a full crowd it is noisy, a couple short walls might help hold that down. We sat next to the kitchen and there is allot of dish clatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great servicehuskerheathDined on 8/30/2014What an enjoyable evening! Amazing food prepared just as we liked. Outstanding service provided by Shannon! I tried the blackened tuna, it was amazing. Our entire table was delighted. Well done, Venue...well done!Special Features:
- Beer DinnerWe2travelabitVIPDined on 8/26/2014Spectacular evening with a five course meal that was paired with local micro-brews. Enjoyed the combinations and have reservations for the next adventure OKtoberfest dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Anniversary dinnerWhiskeyMikeDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I chose to celebrate our anniversary at the Venue, and I'm very happy we did. The food was excellent, and the wine list was extensive, but not overwhelming. Not surprisingly, it's a little pricey, but well worth it for those special occasions. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venue restaurantOmegaDined on 8/22/2014A restaurant such as the Venue is more of a "special" occasion/event night out and as such that was lacking in one major area. Our food courses were practically brought out on top of each other. We ordered an appetizer but my salad arrived before our appetizer. We were still eating the appetizer and I was less than 1/2 way into my salad and behold here came our main entrees. So,good food and atmosphere, but tonight the service/speed at which our food arrived, made it much less than an optimum experience. What should have been an event became an exercise in trying to eat everything quickly before it grew cold. Yes we should have sent the entree's back but by then the mood had been destroyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5yr anniversaryTomFairburyDined on 8/22/2014B+ Total Waitress 10/10 Ambiance 10/10 Food 8/10 Cost 5/10 Great waitress, we were sat immediately with reservations and given complimentary glasses of champagne. Waitress knew the menu and gave great advice. The area we were sat in was beautiful. Only problem was the food. Wifes venue steak was room temp and my crab bisque soup had hard peices of shell still in it. I would recommend it overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivedinnerfor2or4Dined on 8/16/2014It was our second trip to this restaurant and it couldn't have been more pleasing as for food and service. There were four in our party and we all loved the sides that complemented our entrees. The noise level was pretty high at the early evening time however, but that won't deter us from returning. Excellent choice!Special Features:
- Great FooddiningwithguestsDined on 8/15/2014We visited the restaurant with friends from out of the country. We had the special which was steak and scallop kabobs. They were prepared perfectly, flavored exquisitely, and everyone was delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time same as 1st and 2ndWe2travelabitVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very consistent! Very good food and service. We already made plans for 2 of their dinner events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently GreatWe2travelabitVIPDined on 8/9/2014Second time back and I find consistency in the quality and service. We already made future reservations to return and partake in their Beer and Octoberfest Dinners!Special Features:
- Great meal!tkroftaDined on 8/8/2014Great dining experience. Food was excellent and they have a good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 111 reviews are from the Venue Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Excellent food and serviceWe2travelabitVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great local establishment. The Filet was melt in your mouth! Will definetly be back.Special Features:
- fbnbVIPDined on 7/26/2014The premier restaurant in Lincoln and its environs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lacking, noisyEnjoyNiteOutDined on 7/18/2014Food was good and well presented (dinner salads; large filet; scallops [wow!]). Service was annoying. We were ignored at first, slow to get our drinks (disorganized - ordered from one person, re-ordered from our server); server took our orders efficiently (though it was noisy and hard for him to hear); after delivery the server repeatedly interrupted the meal asking if everything was okay, (e.g., asked if food was okay, do you need anything, how are we doing, do we want more water - [water glasses were full], etc.), and then tried conversation banter when presenting the check ("well, what are you folks doing this weekend", etc.). We noted the other server in our area of the restaurant was attentive, efficient, and appropriate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningWonderfuldinningDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I were looking for someplace to celebrate her Birthday. She found the Venue online and we decided to give it a try. Reviewing the menu was what made our decision final. Also seeing pictures of the food that is served was very helpful. The food was even better than we could have imagined. This is definitely a return place for a date night or just a nice relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous family dinnercollegesendoffDined on 7/11/2014Our son will be leaving for college soon, so we reserved a Friday night for a nicer-than-normal family dinner. Venue was the perfect choice - comfortably upscale and broad variety on the menu - pleasing to both teenagers and adults! The service was knowledgeable, well-paced and eager to help us enjoy our evening. The Ahi tuna appetizer was the table favorite. Presentation and flavor for all entrees was impeccable (Three by the Sea, Rib Eye, Black pasta and linguine) with all having generous portions. We shared two desserts, both were delicious (cheesecake and chocolate cake). You definitely get your money's worth! The request was made as we left to have Venue be a new family tradition...it sounds good to me!Special Features:
- Date night successManu22Dined on 7/10/2014Went here on a date night and the service was great, able to answer all out questions. I got a steak and it was ok, not exactly cooked to how I ordered but it wasn't a major issue. My girlfriend's steak was over cooked but again not terrible. The ready of the meal was good and the atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerjedfredDined on 7/5/2014We went there for our anniversary. I've never eaten there other than for dinner. So I can't answer what there lunch is like. Say if the menu is different, that sort of thing. I would say definitely plan on $30-$40 a personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reign supremefbnbVIPDined on 6/26/2014Venue continues its tradition of excellent food and superbly trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak and Lovely 'Venue'TeaSnobVIPDined on 6/20/2014Visiting Lincoln, this restaurant was recommended by our hotel. Four of us had a lovely dinner here. Being in Nebraska, my husband wanted steak, and there were several good selections on the menu. We chose the special, which was a 42 day aged NY strip steak, which was delicious. Attentive service and attractive original art made this a definite cut above a generic restaurant experience.Special Features:
- ImpressiveHum4uDined on 6/14/2014First time dining at The Venue. I heard prices were a bit high but thought they were actually reasonable. Food and atmosphere were incredible.Special Features:
- Always great!VenuerocksDined on 6/11/2014Consistantly good food and excellent service. We couldn't pass up the three course 19.95 special for restaurant week. Although our waitress had a full area she handled each table as if they were the only table she had. Some of the best dishes in Lincoln and one of the cornerstones for Lincoln diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotodrivethruDined on 6/10/2014Great food and service! My wife and I have eaten there numerous times. The wine list is just right as to selection and price. Very creative menu choices.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAvidEaterDined on 6/7/2014Our table was ready immediately when we arrived (7:00 PM on a Saturday evening). The host staff was very polite and helpful. After we were seated, our server, Anika, was very attentive without hovering. We were not rushed at all. She was very knowledgeable about the wine list and was able to make great suggestions of wines to pair with my wife's meal. Anika was a valuable resource in helping us to make our choices. My wife chose a seafood trio, and all the components were fresh and delicious. I chose a special which included a delicious cranberry-pecan salad, chicken Marsala with green bean amandine, and dessert. Ooh, the dessert...Anika recommended the creme brûlée. My entire meal was delicious with distinct and bold flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special deal is not always specialVeryHappyConsumerDined on 6/7/2014I have enjoyed dinning at this restaurant many times. This time my family chose a fix price meal special that is being run to promote restaurant's in my local area. The main course of steak had a lot of gristle and both my son and I could only eat about half of them. It just wasn't as special as I know they can do. It does not discourage me from eating here and I recommend this restaurant as an ideal place to bring family and business associates to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!AngeeKDined on 6/6/2014We wanted to try something new and this was a great find! Our service was excellent an our waitress made sure our questions were answered. The flavored butters that came with the bread were delicious! My husband's steak was cooked perfectly. The shrimp and scallops were to die for. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekConcertGoerDined on 6/6/2014The $20 special was a very good value. When the place is full, it's very noisy so plan accordingly.
- Wonderful!loveazDined on 5/23/2014We never have a complaint about Venue. The service, food and overall experience is always great!Special Features:
- dinerbewareDined on 5/10/2014We made reservations at Venue expecting a relaxed, upscale dining experience. We couldn't have been more disappointed. The food was only fair (some entrees were barely warm, indicating that they'd been sitting out for a while), and over-priced. In addition, although we expected a classy, first-rate dining experience -- and had made our reservations several weeks in advance -- we were not even seated in the dining room, but in the bar area, with TVs flashing and a noise level that made it difficult to carry on a conversation with everyone at our table. We will not return and would not recommend this venue to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Food is reasonably priced compared to other places like this and is good quality. I expected to pay a lot more here. The staff was attentive without being overbearing. I would definitely recommend The Venue to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln's bestfbnbVIPDined on 5/10/2014Venue never disappoints - food and staff and ambience are a cut above!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Great food, service, ambiance, and wine! Had a great experience from the moment we walked thru the door till the end of our fabulous dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding VenueHappyDined on 4/26/2014Our experience was outstanding and very special for us!! This is the best restaurant in Lincoln & would highly recommend for ANY OCCASION. This place rocks!!! Service was phenomenal!!! Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.