Venti's Cafe & Taphouse
2840 Commercial St S
Salem, OR 97302Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Venti's Cafe & Taphouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ventiscafe.com/
- Phone: (503) 391-5112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, International
- Executive Chef: Shayne Tyler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From small take-out platters to full-service catering: please visit our website or contact an associate for catering details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact an associate to book your private dining experience at Venti's Cafe + Taphouse.
- Private Party Contact: Tricia Hande 5033915113
- Entertainment: Occasional live entertainment is presented at Venti's Cafe + Taphouse, so please visit our website or contact an associate for dates and further details.
- Special Events: Venti's Cafe + Taphouse hosts many special events, including Beer Geek Training the second Wednesday of every month, Brewers Parties typically on Wednesdays, Beer Pairing Dinners, and late night events: Trivia Bingo on Mondays, Video Request on Tuesdays, Goldfish Racing on Thursdays, and Live Music at Craft Brewed Concerts on select weekends.
- Cross Street: Fairview
- Public Transit: Salem-Keizer Cherriots #1-South Commercial and #8-Liberty Rd. busses stop within a block of Venti's Cafe + Taphouse.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking in Venti's Cafe + Taphouse's private parking lot and on surrounding streets, as well as an abundance of bicycle parking.
A word from Venti's Cafe & Taphouse
Venti's Cafe + Taphouse is an energetic establishment located at 2840 Commercial St. SE Salem. We pride ourselves on good, clean food, an inviting yet edgy atmosphere, and a commitment to unique flavor, attitude, and culture. Teriyaki chicken skewers and rice bowls is how Venti's all began in 1996. Our menu has evolved to include a wide range of unique rice bowls, tasty vegetarian and vegan options, boutique burgers, colorful salads, and multicultural cuisine. The menu has something for everyone, including exotic spices, savory sauces, and gluten-free options, all at a moderate price. We offer a family environment by allowing children to select from our homemade kid's options and to have fun in the kid's play area. Venti's strives to carry a rotating selection of unique microbrews and ciders, offering 24 taps and over 100 bottles, specializing in Oregon and NW brews but regularly throwing something different on draft. Follow our Twitter feed for daily tap updates and event info.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Venti's Cafe & Taphouse - Best Restaurants in Salem ›
Venti's Cafe & Taphouse reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- 5/5; would dine again!CARmakazieDined on 10/21/2014I was amazed by how good this was! I had never heard of Venti's until I used the OpenTable app. It was super clean, well designed, and the service was incredible. Our waiter, Evan, helped us and his attitude was spot on. And when he brought us our meal, we were in heaven. Nothing was too greasy or saturated in salt to hide blandness; it all way just great food. I can't wait to head back over for another chance at the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Place!!!luf2eatDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food and great service!! The beer cheddar soup was wonderful! My husband loved his fish tacos! I have eaten here many times before and have always had a great time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Venti's is my is our go to restaurant. Whether it's a birthday, we're just getting beers, or it's trivia night. Staff is fantastic and food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Venti's Cafe & Taphouse reviews archive.
- Tastey but SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I went with a work group after I made a reservation for 11. The food was delicious as usual. But the service and the server were particularly slow this time. Drinks took 10 minutes, food another 35 and the check took 10 minutes post-meal to process. If you are not on a time constraint, go with patience. If you are, you might want to call in your order ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for food & beerDrfritzVIPDined on 6/25/2014Stooped for lunch and enjoyed the food, beer, and service. I stayed with a burger, but my partner went for a salad with falafel in it; she liked it a lot. (My burger was also very good.) They have a very good and broad selection of beers. They even have a selection of "sour" beers that I don't find often.
- Lovely lunchOnatripDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation as it was Mother's Day, but we arrived early and they still seated us right away. The kids' menu had a lot of variety and both of my children enjoyed their selection. My husband and I were also pleased with the selection and the quality of our meal. Our server was very nice and friendly. He helped to be sure our dessert to-go order was correct. He could have been faster on the drink refills, but all in all it was a lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTyrant2424Dined on 5/6/2014I am often disappointed of my dinning experiences and because of this I have scaled back my out of the house dinners but this place never lets me down. Fantastic service, fantastic food for a fair price. That's all I ask and that is what I get at this place.Special Features:
- fish taco fanaticsdavidDined on 4/4/2014We had a fantastic server Lara, who was very knowledge with both food and beer options. My wife is a picky beer drinker and Lara gave her a couple samples to try. Three of us had salmon fish tacos with the delectable mango chutney. The beer options are awesome with something for every food or mood. Very busy the night we went, but the food is definitely worth a couple more minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surpriser2d2Dined on 2/16/2014We are a mixed couple when it comes to food (one vegetarian, one not, one drinks, one doesn't) so finding restaurants that we both like is a challenge. Venti's met this challenge. Lots of veggie options, best sweet potato fries we've found, amazing selection of beers (and other drinks). The location is not high end and Venti's is basically a pub, so this is not a romantic or special occasion place, but the food was very well presented and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!WendellDined on 2/14/2014Venti's is such a great place to go -- great service, friendly staff, excellent environment and wonderful food! From the moment we walked in until we left, everyone was very friendly and willing to spend time with us to make sure we were happy. Our waitress (Nicole) was extremely helpful and was willing to offer opinions when we couldn't decide on specific options. The layout and decor of the restaurant is very inviting and modern. The food matches what you might get in an upscale restaurant, despite the very reasonable prices. The portions weren't scarce and they weren't ridiculous either -- just right. Not one bite of any of the food wasn't absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of great beers, as expected!dogdogcatcatDined on 12/28/2013awesome selection of beers, had a really great burger. cool waiter tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Words: Sweet Potato FriesboazizzleDined on 12/27/2013This restaurant is amazing. Everything I eat is awesome. If you go, try the sweet potato fries.Special Features:
- Go to Venti's for sure!HappyDined on 12/19/2013Venti's is a very clean restaurant. Very good service, they were attentive from the moment we walked through the door. The selection was very healthy and it had a wide variety for everyone in our group of four. Everyone had different needs and Venti's were able to satisfy each with excellent food and excellent food selectionsSpecial Features:
- Mac n CheeseFalconeDined on 11/8/2013We've been here several times. Every dish we've had has been great. On top of that, you can pick the perfect beer to go with it! FalconeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and beer, slow serviceCindyDined on 11/5/2013Food is always great. Service is always slow because of understaffing. Two times in a row I've asked for beer samples before picking one - get my samples, but don't get the beer until food is served if I still want it then-usually not. Wait staff is good, just too busy to handle our group and everyone else they're supposed to be waiting on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great foodluv2eatoutDined on 9/4/2013this place always has great food and its nice that it pays attention to the health aspect - choices for everyone from vegans to carnivores. Great selection of beers and I like that they have recommendations for each menu item. Noisy atmosphere, so not a good place for intimate discussions or quiet dinner. (that's why only 3 stars for ambience) The staff is nice and usually attentive, but so far we haven't gotten out quickly (don't expect a 30 minute lunch) and make reservations if going for lunch - you'll get seated a lot quicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soild once again!acasebeerDined on 7/24/2013Venti's NEVER disappoints. Food was excellent, the service was great. It is very consistant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return Visit: Better than BeforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013This is a busy place. We liked the great beer selections and the waiter was knowledgable about each being served. He was also willing to stop and be personable. The food is very fresh. I had a teriayki chicken bowl with vegetables. Lots of chicken and vegetables that were seasonal and cooked to crisp...very good. The sauce is served on the side and not sticky sweet. Nice touch. One friend had a very good mac and cheese. Another had the grilled cheese and liked it very much. Also enjoyed was an order of fish and chips. Sweet potatoe fries were excellent. We didn't have kids along, but it a great place to bring them as indicated by the many families enjoying a Friday evening out. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Friday Night UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2013We look forward to Fridays because they mean both the end of our work weeks and a fun and relaxing trip to Venit's. We've gotten to know several of the staff members and that adds to our feeling of comfort and welcome with this fabulous place. The beer selection is amazing and the server's knowledge of those beers and styles is impressive. I've tried many beers over time based on suggestions from servers and have never been disappointed. And when I've ordered something that they thought I wouldn't like, they offered me a taster first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer selectionLuvGoodSteaksVIPDined on 5/18/2013Great beer selection, food was good. Servers seemed inexperienced.
- Everything fell into placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013Everything fell into place very well. I'm sure to go again. Food was great along with the service. I highly recommend Venti's to whoever needs a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived at 4:30 PM on aAMSrDined on 4/26/2013We arrived at 4:30 PM on a Friday with a reservation and were seated and served promptly. A number of families with children were present, but it wasn't too noisy. The beer list was quite extensive and the menu contained adequate information on each selection. We had the good fortune to select their sweet potato fries as our appetizer. They turned out to be one of the most memorable dishes we have had in a restaurant for some time! They were absolutely delicious and overshadowed the rest of our meal, which was also food. We will return for beer and fries.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Our experience was great from beginning to end. Zero wait time for a table because of the reservation we made online(while others/walk-ins were waiting we were promptly seated a few minutes before our reservation time). The waitress was extremely attentive, friendly, and the food was delicious. Huge selection of on tap beers, wines, and mixed drinks. Definitely recommend Venti's and if you want to avoid waiting for a table, make a reservation!Special Features:
- Amazing food: creative, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013We love Venti's on South Commercial! Great for people who need gluten-free, vegetarian food. We appreciate the presentation of each dish, the interesting combinations of flavors. Keep up the great work! If there were something between "Very Good" and "Outstanding," that's where we'd rank the experience. And thanks to Open Table, our last experience didn't involve a 40-minute wait. Venti's popularity on Friday night might be the *only* downside to eating there.Special Features:
- My wife and I love Venti'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2013My wife and I love Venti's and we go their multiple times a week at both locations. We go for the micro beer and the food. The only thing we are dissapointed about was the recent change to the South Salem location with the staff. It was very apparent they hired someone to come in and tell the staff they needed uniforms and to try and "Church it up" by having glassware and water bottles on the table. Now the staff seem much more rigid which was not what Venti's seemed to be all about. Go to South if it's more convient as the beer and food are both great. Go to the downtown basement bar if you're wanting fun included with your lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- One of our party had to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2013One of our party had to return his salad as it was pretty much inedible. However, Venti's was gracious about it, asked him to write a comment on it, and offered to replace it with another meal, which was declined. The cocktail that this person had ordered was also pretty bad. This experience was unusual for us, as every other time we've gone to Venti's it has been a very positive experience. They were pretty busy the night we were there and it showed in the wait times for service, etc. This will not stop us from going again though, because as I said before, normally we have a great experience there. So hopefully it was just one off night that won't happen again.
- Service was horrible! We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Service was horrible! We had a group of four that all ordered beers when we arrived. Our beers never showed up. The waiter took our order a few min later. We figured that they must be busy an our beers would show up soon. A server brought our food out and we never saw our waiter until he brought out check. This place has the worst service. They don't appreciate their customers. This is not the first time I have received bad service here. However, this is the worst service to date! I will not be returning to this restaurant. I wrote a note on my credit card receipt explaining why we were not leaving a tip. I'm sure this is common though. They must pay the staff very well. Definitely don't recommend this place unless you enjoy bad service.
- We go to Venti's every MondayValentineGirlVIPDined on 3/11/2013We go to Venti's every Monday night for Trivia Bingo. Its a blast! great, fun thing to do in our little town.Special Features:
- Interesting menu. Fair pricing.BerlinaVIPDined on 2/26/2013Interesting menu. Fair pricing. Friendly service. Very kid friendly. Would go again definitely.Special Features:
- Great kid play corner, vegan food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013Loved the kid corner, kept my little people very happy pre and post dinner. :) our server was MIA most of the evening, but luckily we were able to grab other passing serve people to help us. Weird. Atmosphere here, great, food was awesome, finding a place with actual options for vegan food was fabulous. Wish there was more vegan food in the area. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love This Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Always my solid go to for consistently good food and a great on-tap brew selection!Special Features:
- good food, freshly prepared,BeckyDined on 2/14/2013good food, freshly prepared, simple and straightforward menu with good flavors. really great selection of local and craft beer physical set up is ok, almost always noisy, not very romantic but funSpecial Features:
- Spotty service. Why use OpenScooterinoDined on 2/9/2013Spotty service. Why use Open Table at all if you won't honor a reservation made within 2 hours?
- We love going to Venti's gotcriddleDined on 1/25/2013We love going to Venti's got special occasions! Wonderful food an extensive beer list and delicious mixed drinks:)Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013I had the Halibut with fries and though it was tasty the amount of fish I got for the price I paid left me with a sour taste. I paid $16 and got $4 worth of fish and $12 of fries. Either double the amount of Halibut or reduce the price to $12. Other than that the beer was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- I had a party of 12 come inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I had a party of 12 come in on new years. it wasn't too crowded, we had great service and great food!Special Features:
- Fabulous beer list. The foodSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 11/25/2012Fabulous beer list. The food is secondary, even tertiary. But if you like good, interesting and/or hard to find beers, they have 24 rotating taps with everything from mild lagers to truly angry IPAs.Special Features:
- Once again had a great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2012Once again had a great lunch this time. Great selection of beers as usual. This is a must try for anyone.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012It was a great meal but they put on a service charge and I don't like that.Special Features:
- Heard some bad revues aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Heard some bad revues about slow service, however that was not the case. We had a vegan and a vegetarian with us and the selection and quality of their food was better than most high end restaurants. The beer selection was remarkable with something for anyone.Special Features: