5946 South Holly Street
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.veniceristorante.com/
- Phone: 7204829191
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Carollo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Venice Ristorante is now proud to offer "Venice Catering." We can cater to many venues, your office or in the comfort of your own home. We can cater to any size event from large to small or any style from formal to informal. All of our our catering items are made fresh to order, nothing is ever frozen. For your convenience we have predesigned menus or if you can build your menu with our event specialist. We also can provide our clients wih five star service, rentals and detailed planning of your event. Please contact us at either 720-482-9191 or 720-234-7091 for your complete catering needs.
- Special Events: Every month we offer an special wine dinner, please call for details at (720)482-9191. Look forward to seeing you there!
A word from Venice Ristorante
Venice Ristorante offers first class authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Venice Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Venice Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since April 2 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (82)romantic (71)notable wine list (70)good for groups (42)great for lunch (37)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Too bad about the noisefuturzDined on 7/29/2014The food and service is stellar. Unfortunately, the noise level is VERY LOUD! Everyone ends up shouting in order to be heard. We had asked for a quiet spot to celebrate our anniversary and were put at a table in the middle of the room. The problem could be easily and inexpensively fixed with some quality acoustic panels on the walls, but I quess as long as we keep going there will be no incentive to make the change. Too bad. We will regrettably start looking for a quieter alternative.Special Features:
- Todd ClarytclaryDined on 7/29/2014Always a favorite and guaranteed excellent meal and service. The food is outstanding and the staff are superb.Special Features:
- MarleyDined on 7/23/2014Good food. Always consistent in quality. Nice presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency!OkobojibelleVIPDined on 7/23/2014Once again Venice makes my dining experience pleasurable and they have great food. I needed a special salad dressing and I am used to just getting some olive oil in a cruet with some lemons on the side. They blended it for me! And my dining partner wanted a smaller serving and although not on the menu, our waiter made it happen. I am never disappointed at Venice.Special Features:
- delicious!DenWPVIPDined on 7/21/2014All 4 of out entrees were wonderful & the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much noisePeggDined on 7/19/2014The food was great. I had Chilean Sea Bass and it was outstanding, But it was so crowded the staff hardly had room to serve us. The noise level was deafening. We were there on a Saturday evening. I would certainly go back but early and on a week night.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, terrific foodwhere2dineVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was our first vist. Loved the ambiance and feel of the resturant. The food was excellent and the wait staff was professional with an appropriate amount of interaction. Our only disappointment were some lengthy pauses at transition moments. We had a little snafu when they ran out of an ingredient, but they handled it promptly and professionally. Overall it was an excellent experience and we will definitely be making it a regular stop.Special Features:
- Great dinner!finediningDined on 7/13/2014We had an amazing time and all of our dishes were outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in townFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great good; great menu. Family owned and operated. Fresh and interesting seafood dishes. My only issue is that when you use Open Table one often gets a bad table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Been to Venice several times. The food has always been wonderful, fresh, prepared perfectly and presented well. When we arrived at 7PM for a 7PM booking the place was packed, with many people waiting for a table. I assumed we'd be waiting too. I checked in with the hostess and we were immediately taken to our table. The server was professional but it seemed he was trying to rush us. That wasn't going to happen as we were with others and wanted to enjoy the evening. He must have sensed that we weren't going to be rushed through dining decisions, and he backed off. One problem with Venice is the noise level, it's deafening. If they can only fix the noise problem........................... Otherwise a good choice for a fine dinner.Special Features:
- Long wait...IrishamcqDined on 7/12/2014Venice has been around a long time and is a nice restaurant. My latest experience was one that may keep me away for awhile. We arrived within 5 minutes of our 7pm reservation and continued to way 30 minutes for a table. Very little checking in with us regarding our table, we went to the hostess twice to check on our table. We were discussing leaving when we were seated at a table that had been available the whole 30 minutes we were waiting. Our waiter and the food were excellent but there was only a "sorry for the wait" acknowledging the delay. This was a sad experience with a restaurant of this caliber. It will be awhile before going back, maybe better at the downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsHeatherDined on 7/12/2014This was my second visit to Venice. The first was for lunch with a girl friend. It was great. Dinner with friends was not so good. The room was extremely noisy and very difficult to hear. The wait staff leaned into me to reach over to put cheese on my friends plate. This is not just a touch but full body contact with her breasts in my face. She then cleared every plate from the table while we were still talking and hadn't made a decision about dessert. I hate that they come and interrupt the meal as they are cleaning up, giving the message to hurry up and get out. The food is good but not fantastic. We probably wont go back for dinner, maybe lunch.Special Features:
- delightful birthday dinner!DenWPVIPDined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed a memorable dinner celebrating my husband's birthday. The veal dishes were truly outstanding, as was the service. The folks here know how to make a special occasion even better with their outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ExperienceBigPappiDined on 7/5/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's Not to Love!!!eatoutalotVIPDined on 7/5/2014The kind and gracious staff at Venice certainly know how to work a room and do it right, without be annoying or cloying. Excellent Italian (tell them to go easy on the salt...depending on who is manning the kitchen it can be a bit heavy handed and it's easier to add it then take it away!) Fun wine list, excellent cocktails, they do a great job on veal and fish. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venice - always a great mealtejoVIPDined on 6/28/2014We went to Venice with friends for dinner and, as always, had a terrific experience. Chris, who has been our waiter in the past, was better than ever (if that's possible!). The menu has something for everyone and offers a great Italian experience. We recommend Venice highly and enthusiastically.Special Features:
- CHEERS Italian Style!IknowGoodItalianFoodDined on 6/27/2014It's like CHEERS where everyone knows your name! Not for the bar scene but for the food! Always a warm welcome from Rodney (who is working the bar) as you enter the front entrance, then Nunzio spots you next, and another welcome, then waiters walking by give their gracious hellos as well. A place where regulars dine often. And not only is the atmosphere similar to a local dining scene you would find in a restaurant in a small Italian town but the food just as authentic and delicious! As is our usual experience, the food and ambiance are the best Italian you will get in Colorado! As a former NY ITALIAN, you can trust that I know good Italian food and ambiance. That's why we always return to our favorite place... Where they know our name!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, again.DisappointedDinerDined on 6/25/2014Even though I made my reservation several weeks prior to dining date, we (five women) were given the worst table in the restaurant, right by the kitchen. My chair shook every time someone entered/exited the kitchen. Our waiter promised several times to be back to take our order, but that did not happen until I went into the kitchen. about 5 steps from our table, and complained. For this, we were given a free dessert, but did not get to choose the dessert. To be fair, our waiter and the manager were very apologetic and expedited the delivery of our meal. Our food was excellent. I feel that, as a group of women dining, we are never treated as well at this restaurant as when I dine there with my husband and other couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/25/2014A group of girl friends celebrate birthdays at Venice, so we are there often throughout the year. It is consistently outstanding. We used to try different places but now we only go to Venice. Favorites are the fish specials, veal and homemade pasta. The service is very attentive and they always provide a housemade dessert for the birthday girl. I have eaten at Venice many times for dinner and find it equally outstanding. We are so lucky to have this restaurant in Greenwood Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014Reservations were for a birthday dinner. When we were greeted that was acknowledged and the waiter kept it in mind and brought something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was just Monday?JCinDenverVIPDined on 6/23/2014I hosted a group for dinner on a Monday and I was disappointed with the overall experience. Our waiter and other newer waiters helping him were rather overbearing with wine and food suggestions-- we're sophisticated and can choose wine (!). They were also overly distracting as we were trying to converse-- then missing the mark when it was time to pour wine and/or take orders. The food was average (Sea Bass was good, pasta okay, appetizers okay) and the same wait staff then forgot to bring my "to go" box. It was okay, but this won't be a "go to" place for me in the future-- too many other options in the area. PS some menu's need refreshing-- as in torn and worn looking.Special Features:
- This time just so-soSteveLDined on 6/20/2014Our first visit was wonderful, service and food were fantastic. That's why we decided to go back for our anniversary. This time no. Waiter seemed overhyped and rushed us thru the night even though it wasn't busy for a Friday night which seemed odd but after our meal, I see why it wasn't packed. The appetizer.. cantaloupe and prosciutto was fine. As we were enjoying the appetizer, our meal showed up. Again, there was no reason to rush, before done with app we had dinner sitting on the table. Food came out steaming hot (as from a microwave) so we let it sit. Pasta was cooked fine but the sauce on my pasta dish was gummy and sort of glued pasta in one big mess. Less than stellar. I may go back once more to see what the real Venice is like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningRuniDined on 6/20/2014Had a fantastic evening. Great food and Service. Our server Hugo did a great job. Highly reccomend. It was our wedding anniversary and they really took care of us and made the evening really special. It was our first time there and we will certainly return as I thought the food was superb.Special Features:
- Perfect Place for a BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Perfect place to take my girlfriend for her birthday. We had a great time! Service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wait staff above average foodQuickeatsDined on 6/16/2014The staff was great, good above average but still in a strip mall so the atmosphere is not great. Clean but a little sterile. Great wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MinhanDined on 6/16/2014I took my co-worker here to celebrate and it was a fantastic experience! The food was delicious and prompt! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014We celebrated our 10 year anniversary and dinner was perfect!! The whole night was amazing. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding restaurant. Service is superb, food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestGailDined on 6/11/2014Everyone told us how wonderful Venice is and we agree. Service here especially is above and beyond. The sauces are the star of the menu and will bring us back. In flavor, service and value, one of Denver's top Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014The restaurant experience starts by the first person who greets you. We were greeted by the hostess with a welcome smile and seated for our reservation on time (maybe even a few minutes early.) Our waiter was very personable and engaging. We thought it was a bit strange the way our food was brought to our table, but it was quick. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. But, I thought the Ravioli d'Aragosta was missing something.Special Features:
- Venice night outSnave1Dined on 6/2/2014Wonderful wedding anniversary celebration. Our waiter was very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. Food was great. Very good wine list. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely quiet Sunday night dinnerDenWPVIPDined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed a lovely, leisurely Sunday evening dinner. The wild boar pasta and veal were outstanding! Our favorite waiter was wonderful as always. Sundays are so quiet @ Venice -- the opposite of Friday & Saturday nights. This is a very fine restaurant with gracious staff and a charming ambience.Special Features:
- My favorite Italian!!!FoodieDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I had a wonderful Friday night "date" at Venice! The food,wine,and service were all outstanding...can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- sandyDined on 5/24/2014Oustanding meal! Our server was excellent! Did not like the table for 2 right outside the kitchen. Unpleasant. Hostess showed her annoyance when we asked to be moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DenverDinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very good as usual, attentive service, great for a easy neighborhood location. The carpaccio was excellent and also the eggplant with mozzarella, first courses. This restaurant does a very nice job in providing good service and consistently good meals.Special Features:
- no wonder the place was emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014We chose Venice for our son's graduation celebration because we expected their Italian menu to have options for everyone in our group (9 of us). It was not crowded, and there were several waiters, but ours rarely came by our table. The entrees did not come out together, so several of us had cold food by the time we started to eat. Once it was clear that service was going to be slow, we explained that we needed to get home - we actually had to ask for the check 3 times.
- Great reliable spottodineforDined on 5/20/2014I have been going to Venice since it opened and it gets better every time! Great food, great wine , good service......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food in DTCFoodCriticVIPDined on 5/19/2014Consistent, interesting, good wines, good service. Venice is firmly in the rotation. My only issue is they seem to want to give Open Table people a lesser table - like on a consistent basis - they want to seat me somewhere I don't like even though there are better tables available.
- Another great meal at VenicemarycoloradoVIPDined on 5/19/2014We celebrated my 34 year old son's birthday at Venice this week at Venice. As always, they staff greeted us by name and the owner, Alessadro, made a special effort to come to our table and wish my son a happy birthday. The staff treats everyone like family there. The food was excellent and the staff made the night memorable. Wonderful food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Venice- OUTSTANDINGwhybnmlDined on 5/19/2014We had a group of 11- cannot rave enough about how great this place is. I never would have found this place- but am so thankful OpenTable had it as a recommendation. Incredible, especially if you appreciate authentic Italian found and atmosphere. The service was excellent, and the food even better. Absolutely outstanding!Special Features: