Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
1700 Wynkoop St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.veniceristorante.com/
- Phone: 3035342222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:30 pm. Dinner: Daily, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christian Delle Fave
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering from 30 to 1000
- Special Events: Join us for our special six course wine dinner on Tuesday February 22 at 6:30pm. $75 per person.
We will also be participating in the 5280 restaurant week from February 26-March 11.
A word from Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar provides first class Italian cuisine! Facilitating all of your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries and birthdays. Our amazing wine list showcases 800 Italian wines and 300 worldwide wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (47)romantic (45)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- DinnerjaviVIPDined on 8/16/2014Horrible!!!,,,,,,,,,',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'
- Great service delightful menu !JasonDined on 8/15/2014Just the service alone had me wanting to come back and try the entire menu. Great selection of wine that can have you a bit caught up looking at all the different variety. Staff was very friendly and especially warm not only showed there personality but highly professional. Beautiful atmosphere and for that special date you will find each plate to be just enough that it made you feel satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad Night For ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014The presentation and taste of the salad and entrees were very good. The service on the patio was neither prompt nor consistent for our or the adjoining table. First time here so do not know if it is normally that way.Special Features:
- Feels like you are in Italy!LuvFineDiningDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is amazing. In all ways. Ambiance, service, and food. It is a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- ReataVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent as always. Great food, beautiful presentation and good service. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Consistently GreatRPMGODined on 8/7/2014I enjoy eating at Venice. The food is tasty, beautiful and always satisfies. The service is excellent- attentive, but not hovering. I would recommend this restauant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venice - Simply the Best!FrequentFlyerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Venice consistently provides delicious food and attentive service in a beautiful setting. It's the best place for a business lunch in LoDo! They also have the best happy hour in metro-Denver. Dinners are exquisite! We've taken many guests from out-of-town for happy hours and dinners at Venice. Our guests loved the experience as much as my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodChris80205Dined on 8/5/2014Venice turned out to be a wonderful spot to celebrate Jeffrey's birthday dinner. The menu had excellent selections, the veal was delicious. Nice clientele and wait staff. Great location. Would definitely come back again soon.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014We eat regularly at the Venice in Greenwood Village and occasionally in LODO. The food quality is always high and the servers are knowledgeable but not annoyingly so. Their recommendations are always good. It was nice sitting on the patio and seeing all the activity at the New Union Station. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fabulous ItalianJeniferDined on 8/1/2014Incredible Food and a Great Wine list! Our server Dominic went above and beyond to accommodate us, and showed outstanding customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ab21Dined on 7/31/2014The ravioli was outstanding and the service was great! We were celebrating our anniversary and were greeted with two glasses of prosecco. Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FalconFalconDined on 7/29/2014this restaurant has always been very enjoyable to visit I love all of the waiters and the food is exceptional the wine is out of this world and very very very notableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014great night. food was excellent, wine was good. the service was attentive, but not overbearing. the only draw back was that the room was very cold, we should have brought sweaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Unfortunately, the food at this Italian restaurant was fair at best. The antipasto was sloppily arranged, the meat was slightly stale and lacked flavor, and the marinated artichokes were sour. The pasta dishes were okay, but honestly Macaroni Grill could have put out the same dish. The bread was completely stale, and even after dipping it into the olive oil it was still very tough to eat.
- We'll be back!lbrefloDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for a nice place to take some friends for dinner and Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar did not disappoint. The atmosphere was energetic but elegant, the food was amazing and our service was top notch. We will definitely be back!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014I was there with a party of six, who were all in town from various states for a convention in Denver. I found the restaurant on OpenTable and the reviews seemed good so I booked it. Everyone had a good time - Michael (?) was our waiter and he was fantastic - very attentive and friendly. I had made a last minute change from a party of 8 at 8:00 to a party of 6 at 7:00 and Ari, the hostess graciously accommodated us. The only negative was the A/C had apparently gone out earlier, and it was in the mid 90s that day and still quite warm. They did provide some fans and we were somewhat close to the open windows so it wasn't too unbearable although we initially thought we might have to leave. Food was delicious and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracey22Dined on 7/15/2014As always, the food was scrumptious! Always impreses my clients with the elegant presentation in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Venice is the place to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Venice Restaurants in Downtown Denver and Greenwood Village are excellent places for great food and outstanding service. If your'e looking for a great evening of service and fine food, don't go anywhere else.Special Features:
- Amazing foodTeacherDined on 7/3/2014We went as a large group of 20. The good was wonderful, wine list extensive, and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantcagerVIPDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and upon being seated we were greeted with a complimentary glass of bubbly wine. This was a great way to start the evening. The meal was fantastic and while I would equate this restaurant as a 5 star in all categories the price point is very affordable. The general manager of the restaurant was very engaging and chatted with us during our meal and helped make our dinner that much more special. I would highly recommend this restaurant while in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Great Service!MLZ1Dined on 7/2/2014We made reservations for a group of friends at Venice Restorante for my fiance's birthday. The food delicious and the service was fantastic. They allowed me to bring in my own cake, treated the birthday boy like royalty, and helped serve sing, slice and serve the cake following dinner. They even gifted the entire group with a specialty birthday drink. It was a wonderful experience. I'd go back for date night, dinner with family and/or friends (in a heartbeat!) Highly recommended.Special Features:
- great night,great foodEmclDined on 6/30/2014I found this restaurant through urban spoon, and boy am I glad I did. We got there early, but had no problem seating us. I asked the server to suggest a white wine for me. He did a great job. The food was a cut above. I had the lobster and shrimp ravioli. I haven't had a meal that was this good in a long time. Great time and I will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Great restaurant, excellent food and service, modern style, we enjoy everything. Friend recommended he was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReataVIPDined on 6/25/2014Excellent as always. Food delicious and excellent presentation of each dish. Really enjoyed restaurant & excellent menu choices.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceWillieDined on 6/24/2014We took some out of town guests there to welcome them to Denver. A great call. We had a an overall great dining experience from start to finish. I would highly recommend the Venice.Special Features:
- SherwoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the second time at this location. Both nights the service was extremely slow. We were unable to have dessert this last expereience because we ran out of time. I ordered one of the veal dishes. The flavor was good but it seemed that they were using a lesser grade meat possible to save costs. I don't think I would go back tot he downtown location..
- Overpriced and Not Good!LODODENVERDined on 6/21/2014I made our reservation through Open Table and even confirmed it by calling restaurant. When we got there, they couldn't find our reservation. The manager kept telling me I must have made the reservation for their other location. I even showed him the email from OpenTable that confirmed their address, but still had to wait 30 minutes for a table. THE WAIT WAS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!Their prices are outrageous for the quality and the amount of food you receive. This restaurant is not a good choice!! I am a chef myself, and trust me, save your money and go somewhere else!!!!!
- WitzafWitzafVIPDined on 6/20/2014Thank you again for a wonderful experience. Great food, great wine, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed menuSuzbeckVIPDined on 6/19/2014Best items removed from menu and service was a mess. My favorite place disappointed us at every turnSpecial Features:
- OutstandingNancyDined on 6/15/2014We were treated wonderful, our waiter was outstanding. The lamb, veal and ravioli and chicken meals were so wonderful. It was a birthday and Father's Day celebration and the service was great. We have been here three times and have not been disappointed once. I would strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great WinejrichardDined on 6/14/2014We went here for my wife's 21st birthday. The Italian food was to die for - the best we have had in a long time. The wine list was on an iPad (since it was so exhaustive). The wine we chose was delicious. You can't go wrong with choosing this place.Special Features:
- Nicest team you could ever meetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014It is one thing to have great food and great wines. But when you combine that with outstanding service that makes you feel like family, it creates an experience that you hope for every time you dine but rarely experience. Thank you Paco. Your team is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceMarble63Dined on 6/4/2014From the moment that you walk in, you know it is going to be an awesome experience. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and very attentive. The food is absolutely incredible from the appetizer to the dessert...perfection! Go for a special meal and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- DineoutDineoutVIPDined on 6/4/2014This was a pleasant surprise in Lodo downtown - the cuisine is Italian, but there are many different choices and they all seem to have a special twist to them that makes them unique - I expect this restaurant will become one of the favorites in downtown DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night outKaitlinDined on 5/30/2014I am a junior in college, and my roommates from freshman year just met up for dinner at Venice last night, and we had a blast! The food was not too pricey considering how great it was, and the overall ambience of the restaurant was second to none. I would recommend this restaurant to just about anyone, it seemed appropriate for a girl's night, a dinner date, etc. Very accommodating to specific needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super busstling retaurantDaveCDined on 5/28/2014Everyone on the team made our visit special from the welcome at the front door until we practically closed the place down. Very extensive wine list with people who knew the wines to help. Great food and excellent deserts. On my list for another visit with family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014What an incredible resturant for Dinner...the wine list is second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014My wife and I visit Venice Ristorante at least a few times every year. We have been going for years now and have never been disappointed with the food or service. The Manager, Paco, does an outstanding job and always makes us feel welcome. We absolutely love the pasta at Venice. They serve the best ravioli in the Denver area. We will continue to return to this wonderful restaurant. Can't say enough about the great food and people at Venice.Special Features:
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Saturday night was much, much too noisy!! I would not go back again unless it was during the week. The food and service are always good.Special Features:
- Amazing!KrisDined on 5/18/2014The food was amazing and there specialty house salad with raspberry balsamic and champagne dressing was incredible! The service was impeccable. All around a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.