Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
1700 Wynkoop St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.veniceristorante.com/
- Phone: 3035342222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:30 pm. Dinner: Daily, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christian Delle Fave
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering from 30 to 1000
- Special Events: Join us for our special six course wine dinner on Tuesday February 22 at 6:30pm. $75 per person.
We will also be participating in the 5280 restaurant week from February 26-March 11.
A word from Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar provides first class Italian cuisine! Facilitating all of your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries and birthdays. Our amazing wine list showcases 800 Italian wines and 300 worldwide wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (55)romantic (46)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- AVPOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/20143rd time to Venice and it is always a treat. Great service and Great food. Perfect for entertaining guests.Special Features:
- Patio TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great spot on the patio for lunch with the girls! Good food and great service. Loved it and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014We had the 5280 menu. We loved the butternut squash and veal dish. The wine was excellent. The waitress was friendly, very helpful and professional. We all enjoyed the evening and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014Went there for restaurant week. Good variety of menu choices, ample servings. We had the salmon and veal scaloppini. Both were excellent and the presentation was inviting. Wonderful cheesecake, generous serving! Will go there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Truly impressed. We were hesitant based on some of the comments on service here, but were blown away by the staff. Patio view over union station was very nice, the food was consistently excellent (we had daily specials of fish and pasta), and an amazing wine list. Our server, Jacob, was far above and beyond what we expected - one of the best dining experiences we've had in quite a while. We had the unfortunate experience of having the table next to us be occupied by an obnoxious "businessman" who didn't stop loud-talking the entire meal (his poor companion!), which would normally have dampened my opinion of a restaurant, but I would gladly have come back here for the service alone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014we enjoyed a raucous evening with lots of great attention and service from a super staff anxious to please. It was an adult family of 11 - including grandma and great aunt. Super food. love this placeSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Its a excellent place and My family and I loved the foodSpecial Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant has reasonable priced Italian food and wines..Ravoli Squash was terrificSpecial Features:
- Great 5280 Dining!Hirecommendation1Dined on 8/23/2014We found Venice Ristorante with Denver's 5280 restaurant venue. We were not disappointed! We will definitely go back. The Caesar salad was presented in an edible cheddar encrusted edible shell, excellent presentation! The calamari appetizer was done light and to perfection with complementary dipping sauces to entice your appetite. The veal scallopini was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The server was very/very well informed about choices of wines, and he was very approachable and friendly. All entrees were presented like art work and very appealing to the overall dining experience. It is also in a great location, directly across the street from the newly renovated Union Station.Special Features:
- Nice alternative to Union StationRayWongDined on 8/22/2014Across street from now popular and crowded Union Station where the restaurants (particularly Terminal Bar) still don't entirely have their act together. Service was outstanding. Food was very good. Waiter made good wine and food recommendations. Vast Italian wine selection.Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 8/20/2014I was disappointed. The food was just so-so. And it was expensive.
- Wonderful end to Disastrous startpapa4cmpkDined on 8/19/2014Watched as three parties were seated before me in spite of having arrived before them. Finally, after 15 minutes, a manager informed me that my other guests had arrived before I did and had been seated waiting for me. Hostess in front was never informed my guests had already arrived. After fuming and then receiving numerous apologies from manager to hostess to bus boy, etc. etc. manager waited on us and he and his wait staff could not have been more professional and accommodating. Spinach and Caesar salads, chicken marsala, pasta vongole (shrimp and clams), Brunello Montepulciano, and capaccinos were all excellent. Manager reduced our bill substantially because of the initial snafus. A wonderful end to a disastrous start!Special Features:
- DinnerjaviVIPDined on 8/16/2014Horrible!!!,,,,,,,,,',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'
- Great service delightful menu !JasonDined on 8/15/2014Just the service alone had me wanting to come back and try the entire menu. Great selection of wine that can have you a bit caught up looking at all the different variety. Staff was very friendly and especially warm not only showed there personality but highly professional. Beautiful atmosphere and for that special date you will find each plate to be just enough that it made you feel satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad Night For ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014The presentation and taste of the salad and entrees were very good. The service on the patio was neither prompt nor consistent for our or the adjoining table. First time here so do not know if it is normally that way.Special Features:
- Feels like you are in Italy!LuvFineDiningDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is amazing. In all ways. Ambiance, service, and food. It is a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- ReataVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent as always. Great food, beautiful presentation and good service. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Consistently GreatRPMGODined on 8/7/2014I enjoy eating at Venice. The food is tasty, beautiful and always satisfies. The service is excellent- attentive, but not hovering. I would recommend this restauant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venice - Simply the Best!FrequentFlyerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Venice consistently provides delicious food and attentive service in a beautiful setting. It's the best place for a business lunch in LoDo! They also have the best happy hour in metro-Denver. Dinners are exquisite! We've taken many guests from out-of-town for happy hours and dinners at Venice. Our guests loved the experience as much as my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodChris80205Dined on 8/5/2014Venice turned out to be a wonderful spot to celebrate Jeffrey's birthday dinner. The menu had excellent selections, the veal was delicious. Nice clientele and wait staff. Great location. Would definitely come back again soon.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014We eat regularly at the Venice in Greenwood Village and occasionally in LODO. The food quality is always high and the servers are knowledgeable but not annoyingly so. Their recommendations are always good. It was nice sitting on the patio and seeing all the activity at the New Union Station. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fabulous ItalianJeniferDined on 8/1/2014Incredible Food and a Great Wine list! Our server Dominic went above and beyond to accommodate us, and showed outstanding customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ab21Dined on 7/31/2014The ravioli was outstanding and the service was great! We were celebrating our anniversary and were greeted with two glasses of prosecco. Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FalconFalconDined on 7/29/2014this restaurant has always been very enjoyable to visit I love all of the waiters and the food is exceptional the wine is out of this world and very very very notableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014great night. food was excellent, wine was good. the service was attentive, but not overbearing. the only draw back was that the room was very cold, we should have brought sweaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Unfortunately, the food at this Italian restaurant was fair at best. The antipasto was sloppily arranged, the meat was slightly stale and lacked flavor, and the marinated artichokes were sour. The pasta dishes were okay, but honestly Macaroni Grill could have put out the same dish. The bread was completely stale, and even after dipping it into the olive oil it was still very tough to eat.
- We'll be back!lbrefloDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for a nice place to take some friends for dinner and Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar did not disappoint. The atmosphere was energetic but elegant, the food was amazing and our service was top notch. We will definitely be back!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- kbgonzalezDined on 7/18/2014I was there with a party of six, who were all in town from various states for a convention in Denver. I found the restaurant on OpenTable and the reviews seemed good so I booked it. Everyone had a good time - Michael (?) was our waiter and he was fantastic - very attentive and friendly. I had made a last minute change from a party of 8 at 8:00 to a party of 6 at 7:00 and Ari, the hostess graciously accommodated us. The only negative was the A/C had apparently gone out earlier, and it was in the mid 90s that day and still quite warm. They did provide some fans and we were somewhat close to the open windows so it wasn't too unbearable although we initially thought we might have to leave. Food was delicious and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracey22Dined on 7/15/2014As always, the food was scrumptious! Always impreses my clients with the elegant presentation in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Venice is the place to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Venice Restaurants in Downtown Denver and Greenwood Village are excellent places for great food and outstanding service. If your'e looking for a great evening of service and fine food, don't go anywhere else.Special Features:
- Amazing foodTeacherDined on 7/3/2014We went as a large group of 20. The good was wonderful, wine list extensive, and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantcagerVIPDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and upon being seated we were greeted with a complimentary glass of bubbly wine. This was a great way to start the evening. The meal was fantastic and while I would equate this restaurant as a 5 star in all categories the price point is very affordable. The general manager of the restaurant was very engaging and chatted with us during our meal and helped make our dinner that much more special. I would highly recommend this restaurant while in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Great Service!MLZ1Dined on 7/2/2014We made reservations for a group of friends at Venice Restorante for my fiance's birthday. The food delicious and the service was fantastic. They allowed me to bring in my own cake, treated the birthday boy like royalty, and helped serve sing, slice and serve the cake following dinner. They even gifted the entire group with a specialty birthday drink. It was a wonderful experience. I'd go back for date night, dinner with family and/or friends (in a heartbeat!) Highly recommended.Special Features:
- great night,great foodEmclDined on 6/30/2014I found this restaurant through urban spoon, and boy am I glad I did. We got there early, but had no problem seating us. I asked the server to suggest a white wine for me. He did a great job. The food was a cut above. I had the lobster and shrimp ravioli. I haven't had a meal that was this good in a long time. Great time and I will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Great restaurant, excellent food and service, modern style, we enjoy everything. Friend recommended he was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReataVIPDined on 6/25/2014Excellent as always. Food delicious and excellent presentation of each dish. Really enjoyed restaurant & excellent menu choices.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceWillieDined on 6/24/2014We took some out of town guests there to welcome them to Denver. A great call. We had a an overall great dining experience from start to finish. I would highly recommend the Venice.Special Features:
- SherwoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the second time at this location. Both nights the service was extremely slow. We were unable to have dessert this last expereience because we ran out of time. I ordered one of the veal dishes. The flavor was good but it seemed that they were using a lesser grade meat possible to save costs. I don't think I would go back tot he downtown location..
- Overpriced and Not Good!LODODENVERDined on 6/21/2014I made our reservation through Open Table and even confirmed it by calling restaurant. When we got there, they couldn't find our reservation. The manager kept telling me I must have made the reservation for their other location. I even showed him the email from OpenTable that confirmed their address, but still had to wait 30 minutes for a table. THE WAIT WAS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!Their prices are outrageous for the quality and the amount of food you receive. This restaurant is not a good choice!! I am a chef myself, and trust me, save your money and go somewhere else!!!!!
- WitzafWitzafVIPDined on 6/20/2014Thank you again for a wonderful experience. Great food, great wine, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.