Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
1700 Wynkoop St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.veniceristorante.com/
- Phone: 3035342222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:30 pm. Dinner: Daily, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christian Delle Fave
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering from 30 to 1000
- Special Events: Join us for our special six course wine dinner on Tuesday February 22 at 6:30pm. $75 per person.
We will also be participating in the 5280 restaurant week from February 26-March 11.
A word from Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar provides first class Italian cuisine! Facilitating all of your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries and birthdays. Our amazing wine list showcases 800 Italian wines and 300 worldwide wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (75)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (45)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (14)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We very much enjoyed this resturaunt and would come back again for sure. Food and wine was excellent. Service was well done as waiter left us alone until we needed something. Allowed for a very romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor seating area/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We where put in the middle next to large pillar. The table stuck out so we where in everyone way. As they weave in and around us. Very annoying. Made reservations several weeks in advance. They could not move us unless we wanted to sit in the bar. Did not enjoy our meal! Oct 18, 2014Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewsBirthdayGirl1234Dined on 10/17/2014We had a party of 16. We showed up, the hostess ignored us for a while, however, when she realized we were the big party she jumped to it. It took a while to get our table ready. The food was tasty but they were super sparse on the meat in the pasta dishes. Overall, the experience was ok. Maybe with a smaller group it would've been better.
- Venice is a must GOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We spent Friday evening at the Venice Restaurant DT with some friends, and I couldnt believe how good the meal and service was. For anyone that has thought about going, I highly recommend choosing Venice as your next course. The ambience and food were excellent serving traditional northern Mediterranean cuisine and multiple seasonal specials. The Venice staff went out of there way to make us happy, making the night one of the most memorable evenings we've had out for dinner in a long time.Special Features:
- ExcellentACTDDined on 10/17/2014If you would like to try a great Italian restaurant...with outstanding service...and treat atmosphere...this is the place...for lunch or diner. Paco, the Manager...is outstanding....it I will make your guests enjoy a wonderful evening....always make an effort to meet him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Dine HereCoppernowDined on 10/14/2014Venice, has it all. Great food, great wine and great service. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable on both the food and the wine list.Special Features:
- Always outstandingWallyDined on 10/11/2014We've returned to Venice many times since it first opened and it's excellent every time. The food, service, and ambiance are all top shelf - the cioppino is simply the best and the melenzana park appetizer is incredible. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- As always, Venice is top flighttejoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Two representatives of my college and I had dinner at Venice earlier this week. From the excellent greeting (in Italian) through a fine dinner, everything was superb. Food was prepared perfectly and presented well. Service was outstanding. My wife and I usually go to Venice in Greenwood Village. The LoDo location is equally excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!SundancelivingVIPDined on 10/7/2014Everything.....as it always is was just great!! Venice is one of my favorite all-time restaurants.Special Features:
- Quality Italian FareCoolheatVIPDined on 10/4/2014Haven't been in quite awhile, but we were quite pleased with our meals. Insalata di Mele was very fresh and nicely presented. Pomegranate addition to the dressing is a nice touch. The squash soup was very tasty. Spinach Tortelloni was delicious with a well made gorgonzola cream sauce and just right al dente asparagus. The lobster tail and shrimp pasta special was in a yummy red sauce with a hint of spiciness. Only drawback was that I think the lobster might have been a bit past its prime; was hard to get out the shell. Tables are a little too close together if you sit by the window. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingThommoVIPDined on 10/2/2014I had been here previously and recall good food but it being somewhat noisy. On this visit, the noisiness remained such that it was difficult hearing what the person on the other side of the table that said. Sadly, the food was certainly less memorable. Prodcuitto was missing from the burratta, the calamari was oily and the mussels in cioppono almost inedible. The veal, branzino and spaghetti callebrini were were good. So much potential with disappointing let-downs. I will probably visit again with the hope that this was just a bad night. One should also be aware that Items on the menu posted on Opentable were not available at the restaurant.Special Features:
- For business & romantic dinersEatsWithVigorDined on 9/30/2014This was my second trip to Venice Ristorante and it was very enjoyable. Service was great, the food is reasonably priced. A coworker had to take a phone call and stepped outside and the waiter took his food back to the kitchen to keep it warm without being asked. Very nice.Special Features:
- Must tryPickypalateDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious & the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Amazing Place For FoodiesGrover08Dined on 9/23/2014I would fly to Denver to eat here. Pasta made in house daily, service impeccable, everything flows. Paco & his staff are top shelf. Our server was 23 & explained the differences in the 3 Amaroni's we asked about, and he was right on every one. We ordered all 3 to see if he was bluffing. He wasn't. I am in the wine business and am not easily impressed. Do yourself a favor, go to Venice on Wynkoop in Denver, get the pasta since they make it daily for you and ask your server to recommend one of the wines on their list that will pair perfectly with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Hard to Hearrayjay8492Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely great food. Just a little too noisy for casual conversationsSpecial Features:
- Delish!KatAMaroonDined on 9/20/2014First visit to this Venice restaurant. Excellent service. Exceptionally good food. I highly recommend it. Greenwood Village location is still my favorite. More intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticluvitalyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This place is AWESOME every time. Can't lose with a reservation here.Special Features:
- Very noisyCNGoldenCODined on 9/16/2014This dining experience would have been very good, if not for a large (>30 people), vocal group standing within 6 feet of our table. They were sampling wines and hors d'oeuvres, becoming louder with the passing minutes. This continued for at least 1/2 hour after which they were seated in a private dining room. This event undercut my husband's and my ability to converse, while otherwise enjoying a very good to excellent meal. The strangest part was when the staff drew a large translucent curtain to cut off my view of this group, while, of course, doing absolutely nothing to mitigate the noise! I would suggest calling the restaurant to learn if they will be serving large groups on the evening of your reservation, before committing to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Veal!!Jpt1VIPDined on 9/12/2014It started with a great salad and never stopped! This place was a real find us. The veal was the best I have ever had and I get this a lot at other restaurants. I was with 3 other people and all of us had a great meal!! The profiteroles for dessert were also fantastic!Special Features:
- Food is authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014I am an Italian form Italy and It is so difficult to find a good restaurant near a convention center. Not only this is good: makes you feel like you are in Italy! Congrats to excellent staff and food preparation and presentation. Maybe the private room should be more "sound proofed" so to allow for a more quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyCookCookingLoverDined on 9/12/2014White tablecloth style, with a modern twist on design and proper service. Modern looking see through wine room facing the dining room, gives a special look, and tables have nice spacing, which is appreciated at any price point. Service was very good, and waitress was friendly. When exact wine I choose wasn't presented (year issue), the sommelier arrived, which was a nice touch, if you need one...with two suggested bottles. Four people had two different fish dishes, which all seemed to be cooked, just about perfectly in doneness. Almost 30 seconds past undercooked, extremely tender. My only complaint was the lack of salt, and I don't need to taste excess salt. My dish, as one others, was an Alaskan Cod special.Special Features:
- Italian lunch Anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great menu, lot's of genuine Italian dishes to choose from, very tasty, reasonable prices and good service. Check out Venice Ristorante in LoDo!Special Features:
- Very disappointedKimberlyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We sat for 10 minutes before we were greeted - and had a reservation. The restaurant was not too busy so I couldn't figure out why. Our food took over an hour to arrive - the entire place had emptied by the time we finished. Unfortunately, I won't be dining at Venice again. To bad really, I really like the location and the ambiance
- Sat dinner -- Much too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014One must strain to hear what one's table mates are saying. Too noisy for me. I have been to Venice for lunch and remember it as having been a pleasant experience.
- VeniceDineAlotVIPDined on 9/6/2014While you can't blame a restaurant for trying to make money, they seem to have too many tables which not only makes it crowded but your conversation is not private. Still we enjoy going to Venice with out of town folks.Special Features:
- GREAT serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014We took the train downtown on Saturday to check out the refurbished Union Station. The Venice is right across the street so it worked out perfectly. Service was fantastic. The waiter was very patient with all our questions and special requests. He even brought out two glasses of complimentary champagne as we had let them know we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Food was really good. We especially enjoyed the Caesar salad and ravioli with sausage. Thanks for making it such a special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throw a party here!TaraZamaraVIPDined on 9/5/2014I had to book a reservation for a party of 20 kind of last minute. Venice was able to accommodate us. The service was outstanding, as was the space, the wine, and the food. We had our own private area, which is ideal for a bachelorette party, and we had our own dedicated server all night. Dennis was prompt, helpful, and personable. No one ever had a wine glass go empty. Our ticket was split perfectly. Even the manager came by to congratulate our bachelorette. I am looking forward to going back to Venice!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceSnoceilVIPDined on 9/5/2014we made a reservation through open table and showed Even though the restaurant was booked, they accommodated us.they accommodated us.the manager offered a compliment free appetizer for our short wait wait. Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great food okMmeyer5Dined on 9/5/2014Elected the sea bass with capers...far too salty. Fish was cooked to perfection but simply too much salt. My wife's pasta was good. Salads were very good. The stranahans Manhattan was one of the best I have ever had. Overall a good night but not over the top incredible...
- Always Fresh FoodFreshDined on 9/2/2014Venice Restorante has an excellent habit of finding the freshest ingredients for their homemade pasta. Paired with a light sauce and their superb wine list, I have never had a bad or even average meal. We will always be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed both timesthat1guyfromMTDined on 8/31/2014I've been to this restaurant twice, and both times I've been impressed. The service was very attentive, the wine list extensive, the food delicious, and the atmosphere great. Can't say enough about this place.Special Features:
- BowWowBowWowDined on 8/29/2014Great food, good price, best service from Lisa. Recently moved here from San Francisco and find this restaurant as good as any we left behindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week BustRicardoDined on 8/29/2014The meal offered as a Restaurant week meal was just OK - salmon was tasty but the potatoes had chile mixed into them; seemed out of place. Chicken Pasta dish was swimming in red sauce - overwhelmed everything. Ceasar salad had a nice presentation but it was completely drowning in dressing. Canole & tiramisu tasted stale & like they were all whipped cream. The 1st wine we ordered (by the glass) was not available. We ate outside because it was deafening inside the restaurant - the service was very slow. We were excited to eat there as a guy walked past as we were entering and proclaimed to his friends that it was his favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Homemade DinnerNancyJ22Dined on 8/29/2014The food was fantastic, It was all cooked fresh. I had the Ceasar Salad and the Butternut Squash Ravoli and it was wonderful. The server was friendly and the service was fast. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for LunchLeopardDined on 8/29/2014The food was wonderful, service great and servers friendlySpecial Features:
- Third Time HereKrisannQDined on 8/28/2014It was our third visit to Venice and it did not disappoint! The food is wonderful and the service is superb! We will always go back to this restaurant when visiting Denver!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Yummy Italian food. Fun location across from revitalized Union Station. Way too noisy for close conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, excellent service4initaliaDined on 8/28/2014We spent a year in Italy and crave "real" Italian; Venice does it well. My husband loved the Cioppino: heaps of shellfish in arrabbiata sauce; perfect for dipping with fresh bread served in generously full baskets. My daughter loved Venice's Tagliatelle Bolognese - and we lived near Bologna. I've been searching for the marinara I made effortlessly from pureed tomatoes, butter and a little onion - Venice's was not that -but was light and tomato-ful and deliciously not like the schlock Italian you find here. The Zuppa Toscana was flat - not flavorful - but the Prosciutto e Melone served with dark greens and Balsalmico was delicious. Here's a funny story about "real" Italian food: http//4initalia.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/reality-bites/Special Features:
- AVPjrogDined on 8/26/20143rd time to Venice and it is always a treat. Great service and Great food. Perfect for entertaining guests.Special Features:
- Patio TreasurevicmacDined on 8/26/2014Great spot on the patio for lunch with the girls! Good food and great service. Loved it and will certainly be back.Special Features: