Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
1700 Wynkoop St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.veniceristorante.com/
- Phone: (303) 534-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:30 pm. Dinner: Daily, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christian Delle Fave
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering from 30 to 1000
- Special Events: Join us for our special six course wine dinner on Tuesday February 22 at 6:30pm. $75 per person.
We will also be participating in the 5280 restaurant week from February 26-March 11.
A word from Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar provides first class Italian cuisine! Facilitating all of your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries and birthdays. Our amazing wine list showcases 800 Italian wines and 300 worldwide wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (80)special occasion (79)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (49)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Service and food were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/18/2014Service and food were outstanding. Our waiter Julio was very knowledgable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service, reasonable prices!StacheCacheDined on 11/15/2014Four of us enjoyed Saturday night dinner at Venice. This was our first visit and everyone was pleased with our food, wine and excellent service. We started with appetizers that were not only artistic creations but brimming with amazing tastes as well. The wine list is enormous--as is the impressive temperature & humidity controlled glass-enclosed "cellar"! Excellent valet parking was a bonus on a very cold and snowy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a very good experienceMarble63Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I went to the Venice on a Saturday night following a downtown event. It was a snowy night and the sidewalks were not very well shoveled. We were running late but had called to change our reservations. This was done with great support from the hostess. Our dining experience was great. I will say that being a table of two on a busy Saturday night seemed to put us at a disadvantage. The tables around us that had between 4-8 people got much more attentive service than we did. I had to ask twice to have our water glasses refilled and our waiter didn't stop by once during our salad course. The waiter did come buy to ask if I wanted to buy another glass of wine three times. The food is always great at the Venice. I have never had a bad meal and we have eaten here 8-10 times. Overall, the Venice continues to be one of our favorite places to eat when we are in LoDo. However, this time the service did not seem to be focused on all tables equally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experiencesuzpulDined on 11/14/2014We were in Denver visiting and went to this restaurant after checking on-line for Italian food. It was an amazing find. The owner made us feel like family and the food was amazing. We will look forward to our next visit to Denver and to Venice Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLedsDined on 11/11/2014There were about 12 business colleagues that arranged a meeting here and we were seated in a semi-private area of the restaurant. The noise level was conducive to having comfortable conversation - although being seated at a long table meant that multiple conversations were happening. The food was wonderful and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014We Met friends here for dinner.we are from Boulder and really enjoyed easy access to this restaurant via RtD to Union Station. Food was excellent . Wonderful service . Actually possible to have a conversation in this pleasant restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, awesome serviceZizzleDined on 11/7/2014Our server Jemala was awesome. Seriously the best service I have seen anywhere. When we arrived we let her know we were attending the basketball game so we had an hour and a half until we had to leave. She made great recommendations for our entree's. Everything, especially the lamb, was cooked to perfection. It had the best sear but still tender. I'm drooling thinking about it. I'm pretty sure she asked the kitchen to make our food first because it came out within 10 minutes! Which left time for dessert. We trusted her so much that we let her pick for us and we were not dissapointed. She was very accommodating, prompt, knowledgeable and genuine. The restaurant was great but she knocked it out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great PlaceLeopardDined on 11/6/2014One of the rare finds that has great decor, food and service. The only recommendation I could make would be to turn the music down just a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeKokoDined on 10/28/2014Been here twice and excellent both times. Caesar salad is delicious and pasta is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundanceDined on 10/22/2014We very much enjoyed this resturaunt and would come back again for sure. Food and wine was excellent. Service was well done as waiter left us alone until we needed something. Allowed for a very romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor seating area/serviceDDevnerDined on 10/18/2014We where put in the middle next to large pillar. The table stuck out so we where in everyone way. As they weave in and around us. Very annoying. Made reservations several weeks in advance. They could not move us unless we wanted to sit in the bar. Did not enjoy our meal! Oct 18, 2014Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewsBirthdayGirl1234Dined on 10/17/2014We had a party of 16. We showed up, the hostess ignored us for a while, however, when she realized we were the big party she jumped to it. It took a while to get our table ready. The food was tasty but they were super sparse on the meat in the pasta dishes. Overall, the experience was ok. Maybe with a smaller group it would've been better.
- Venice is a must GOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We spent Friday evening at the Venice Restaurant DT with some friends, and I couldnt believe how good the meal and service was. For anyone that has thought about going, I highly recommend choosing Venice as your next course. The ambience and food were excellent serving traditional northern Mediterranean cuisine and multiple seasonal specials. The Venice staff went out of there way to make us happy, making the night one of the most memorable evenings we've had out for dinner in a long time.Special Features:
- ExcellentACTDDined on 10/17/2014If you would like to try a great Italian restaurant...with outstanding service...and treat atmosphere...this is the place...for lunch or diner. Paco, the Manager...is outstanding....it I will make your guests enjoy a wonderful evening....always make an effort to meet him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Dine HereCoppernowDined on 10/14/2014Venice, has it all. Great food, great wine and great service. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable on both the food and the wine list.Special Features:
- Always outstandingWallyDined on 10/11/2014We've returned to Venice many times since it first opened and it's excellent every time. The food, service, and ambiance are all top shelf - the cioppino is simply the best and the melenzana park appetizer is incredible. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- As always, Venice is top flighttejoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Two representatives of my college and I had dinner at Venice earlier this week. From the excellent greeting (in Italian) through a fine dinner, everything was superb. Food was prepared perfectly and presented well. Service was outstanding. My wife and I usually go to Venice in Greenwood Village. The LoDo location is equally excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!SundancelivingVIPDined on 10/7/2014Everything.....as it always is was just great!! Venice is one of my favorite all-time restaurants.Special Features:
- Quality Italian FareCoolheatVIPDined on 10/4/2014Haven't been in quite awhile, but we were quite pleased with our meals. Insalata di Mele was very fresh and nicely presented. Pomegranate addition to the dressing is a nice touch. The squash soup was very tasty. Spinach Tortelloni was delicious with a well made gorgonzola cream sauce and just right al dente asparagus. The lobster tail and shrimp pasta special was in a yummy red sauce with a hint of spiciness. Only drawback was that I think the lobster might have been a bit past its prime; was hard to get out the shell. Tables are a little too close together if you sit by the window. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingThommoVIPDined on 10/2/2014I had been here previously and recall good food but it being somewhat noisy. On this visit, the noisiness remained such that it was difficult hearing what the person on the other side of the table that said. Sadly, the food was certainly less memorable. Prodcuitto was missing from the burratta, the calamari was oily and the mussels in cioppono almost inedible. The veal, branzino and spaghetti callebrini were were good. So much potential with disappointing let-downs. I will probably visit again with the hope that this was just a bad night. One should also be aware that Items on the menu posted on Opentable were not available at the restaurant.Special Features:
- For business & romantic dinersEatsWithVigorDined on 9/30/2014This was my second trip to Venice Ristorante and it was very enjoyable. Service was great, the food is reasonably priced. A coworker had to take a phone call and stepped outside and the waiter took his food back to the kitchen to keep it warm without being asked. Very nice.Special Features:
- Must tryPickypalateDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious & the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Amazing Place For FoodiesGrover08Dined on 9/23/2014I would fly to Denver to eat here. Pasta made in house daily, service impeccable, everything flows. Paco & his staff are top shelf. Our server was 23 & explained the differences in the 3 Amaroni's we asked about, and he was right on every one. We ordered all 3 to see if he was bluffing. He wasn't. I am in the wine business and am not easily impressed. Do yourself a favor, go to Venice on Wynkoop in Denver, get the pasta since they make it daily for you and ask your server to recommend one of the wines on their list that will pair perfectly with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Hard to Hearrayjay8492Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely great food. Just a little too noisy for casual conversationsSpecial Features:
- Delish!KatAMaroonVIPDined on 9/20/2014First visit to this Venice restaurant. Excellent service. Exceptionally good food. I highly recommend it. Greenwood Village location is still my favorite. More intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticluvitalyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This place is AWESOME every time. Can't lose with a reservation here.Special Features:
- Very noisyCNGoldenCODined on 9/16/2014This dining experience would have been very good, if not for a large (>30 people), vocal group standing within 6 feet of our table. They were sampling wines and hors d'oeuvres, becoming louder with the passing minutes. This continued for at least 1/2 hour after which they were seated in a private dining room. This event undercut my husband's and my ability to converse, while otherwise enjoying a very good to excellent meal. The strangest part was when the staff drew a large translucent curtain to cut off my view of this group, while, of course, doing absolutely nothing to mitigate the noise! I would suggest calling the restaurant to learn if they will be serving large groups on the evening of your reservation, before committing to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Veal!!Jpt1VIPDined on 9/12/2014It started with a great salad and never stopped! This place was a real find us. The veal was the best I have ever had and I get this a lot at other restaurants. I was with 3 other people and all of us had a great meal!! The profiteroles for dessert were also fantastic!Special Features:
- Food is authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014I am an Italian form Italy and It is so difficult to find a good restaurant near a convention center. Not only this is good: makes you feel like you are in Italy! Congrats to excellent staff and food preparation and presentation. Maybe the private room should be more "sound proofed" so to allow for a more quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyCookCookingLoverDined on 9/12/2014White tablecloth style, with a modern twist on design and proper service. Modern looking see through wine room facing the dining room, gives a special look, and tables have nice spacing, which is appreciated at any price point. Service was very good, and waitress was friendly. When exact wine I choose wasn't presented (year issue), the sommelier arrived, which was a nice touch, if you need one...with two suggested bottles. Four people had two different fish dishes, which all seemed to be cooked, just about perfectly in doneness. Almost 30 seconds past undercooked, extremely tender. My only complaint was the lack of salt, and I don't need to taste excess salt. My dish, as one others, was an Alaskan Cod special.Special Features:
- Italian lunch Anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great menu, lot's of genuine Italian dishes to choose from, very tasty, reasonable prices and good service. Check out Venice Ristorante in LoDo!Special Features:
- Very disappointedKimberlyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We sat for 10 minutes before we were greeted - and had a reservation. The restaurant was not too busy so I couldn't figure out why. Our food took over an hour to arrive - the entire place had emptied by the time we finished. Unfortunately, I won't be dining at Venice again. To bad really, I really like the location and the ambiance
- Sat dinner -- Much too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014One must strain to hear what one's table mates are saying. Too noisy for me. I have been to Venice for lunch and remember it as having been a pleasant experience.
- VeniceDineAlotVIPDined on 9/6/2014While you can't blame a restaurant for trying to make money, they seem to have too many tables which not only makes it crowded but your conversation is not private. Still we enjoy going to Venice with out of town folks.Special Features:
- GREAT serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014We took the train downtown on Saturday to check out the refurbished Union Station. The Venice is right across the street so it worked out perfectly. Service was fantastic. The waiter was very patient with all our questions and special requests. He even brought out two glasses of complimentary champagne as we had let them know we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Food was really good. We especially enjoyed the Caesar salad and ravioli with sausage. Thanks for making it such a special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throw a party here!TaraZamaraVIPDined on 9/5/2014I had to book a reservation for a party of 20 kind of last minute. Venice was able to accommodate us. The service was outstanding, as was the space, the wine, and the food. We had our own private area, which is ideal for a bachelorette party, and we had our own dedicated server all night. Dennis was prompt, helpful, and personable. No one ever had a wine glass go empty. Our ticket was split perfectly. Even the manager came by to congratulate our bachelorette. I am looking forward to going back to Venice!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceSnoceilVIPDined on 9/5/2014we made a reservation through open table and showed Even though the restaurant was booked, they accommodated us.they accommodated us.the manager offered a compliment free appetizer for our short wait wait. Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great food okMmeyer5Dined on 9/5/2014Elected the sea bass with capers...far too salty. Fish was cooked to perfection but simply too much salt. My wife's pasta was good. Salads were very good. The stranahans Manhattan was one of the best I have ever had. Overall a good night but not over the top incredible...
- Always Fresh FoodFreshDined on 9/2/2014Venice Restorante has an excellent habit of finding the freshest ingredients for their homemade pasta. Paired with a light sauce and their superb wine list, I have never had a bad or even average meal. We will always be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed both timesthat1guyfromMTDined on 8/31/2014I've been to this restaurant twice, and both times I've been impressed. The service was very attentive, the wine list extensive, the food delicious, and the atmosphere great. Can't say enough about this place.Special Features: