Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
1700 Wynkoop St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.veniceristorante.com/
- Phone: 3035342222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:30 pm. Dinner: Daily, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christian Delle Fave
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering from 30 to 1000
- Special Events: Join us for our special six course wine dinner on Tuesday February 22 at 6:30pm. $75 per person.
We will also be participating in the 5280 restaurant week from February 26-March 11.
A word from Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar provides first class Italian cuisine! Facilitating all of your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries and birthdays. Our amazing wine list showcases 800 Italian wines and 300 worldwide wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (72)special occasion (66)fit for foodies (62)romantic (43)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The best Veal!!Jpt1Dined on 9/12/2014It started with a great salad and never stopped! This place was a real find us. The veal was the best I have ever had and I get this a lot at other restaurants. I was with 3 other people and all of us had a great meal!! The profiteroles for dessert were also fantastic!Special Features:
- Food is authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014I am an Italian form Italy and It is so difficult to find a good restaurant near a convention center. Not only this is good: makes you feel like you are in Italy! Congrats to excellent staff and food preparation and presentation. Maybe the private room should be more "sound proofed" so to allow for a more quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyCookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014White tablecloth style, with a modern twist on design and proper service. Modern looking see through wine room facing the dining room, gives a special look, and tables have nice spacing, which is appreciated at any price point. Service was very good, and waitress was friendly. When exact wine I choose wasn't presented (year issue), the sommelier arrived, which was a nice touch, if you need one...with two suggested bottles. Four people had two different fish dishes, which all seemed to be cooked, just about perfectly in doneness. Almost 30 seconds past undercooked, extremely tender. My only complaint was the lack of salt, and I don't need to taste excess salt. My dish, as one others, was an Alaskan Cod special.Special Features:
- Italian lunch Anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great menu, lot's of genuine Italian dishes to choose from, very tasty, reasonable prices and good service. Check out Venice Ristorante in LoDo!Special Features:
- Very disappointedKimberlyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We sat for 10 minutes before we were greeted - and had a reservation. The restaurant was not too busy so I couldn't figure out why. Our food took over an hour to arrive - the entire place had emptied by the time we finished. Unfortunately, I won't be dining at Venice again. To bad really, I really like the location and the ambiance
- Sat dinner -- Much too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014One must strain to hear what one's table mates are saying. Too noisy for me. I have been to Venice for lunch and remember it as having been a pleasant experience.
- VeniceDineAlotVIPDined on 9/6/2014While you can't blame a restaurant for trying to make money, they seem to have too many tables which not only makes it crowded but your conversation is not private. Still we enjoy going to Venice with out of town folks.Special Features:
- GREAT serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014We took the train downtown on Saturday to check out the refurbished Union Station. The Venice is right across the street so it worked out perfectly. Service was fantastic. The waiter was very patient with all our questions and special requests. He even brought out two glasses of complimentary champagne as we had let them know we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Food was really good. We especially enjoyed the Caesar salad and ravioli with sausage. Thanks for making it such a special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throw a party here!TaraZamaraVIPDined on 9/5/2014I had to book a reservation for a party of 20 kind of last minute. Venice was able to accommodate us. The service was outstanding, as was the space, the wine, and the food. We had our own private area, which is ideal for a bachelorette party, and we had our own dedicated server all night. Dennis was prompt, helpful, and personable. No one ever had a wine glass go empty. Our ticket was split perfectly. Even the manager came by to congratulate our bachelorette. I am looking forward to going back to Venice!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceSnoceilVIPDined on 9/5/2014we made a reservation through open table and showed Even though the restaurant was booked, they accommodated us.they accommodated us.the manager offered a compliment free appetizer for our short wait wait. Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great food okMmeyer5Dined on 9/5/2014Elected the sea bass with capers...far too salty. Fish was cooked to perfection but simply too much salt. My wife's pasta was good. Salads were very good. The stranahans Manhattan was one of the best I have ever had. Overall a good night but not over the top incredible...
- Always Fresh FoodFreshDined on 9/2/2014Venice Restorante has an excellent habit of finding the freshest ingredients for their homemade pasta. Paired with a light sauce and their superb wine list, I have never had a bad or even average meal. We will always be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed both timesthat1guyfromMTDined on 8/31/2014I've been to this restaurant twice, and both times I've been impressed. The service was very attentive, the wine list extensive, the food delicious, and the atmosphere great. Can't say enough about this place.Special Features:
- BowWowBowWowDined on 8/29/2014Great food, good price, best service from Lisa. Recently moved here from San Francisco and find this restaurant as good as any we left behindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week BustRicardoDined on 8/29/2014The meal offered as a Restaurant week meal was just OK - salmon was tasty but the potatoes had chile mixed into them; seemed out of place. Chicken Pasta dish was swimming in red sauce - overwhelmed everything. Ceasar salad had a nice presentation but it was completely drowning in dressing. Canole & tiramisu tasted stale & like they were all whipped cream. The 1st wine we ordered (by the glass) was not available. We ate outside because it was deafening inside the restaurant - the service was very slow. We were excited to eat there as a guy walked past as we were entering and proclaimed to his friends that it was his favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Homemade DinnerNancyJ22Dined on 8/29/2014The food was fantastic, It was all cooked fresh. I had the Ceasar Salad and the Butternut Squash Ravoli and it was wonderful. The server was friendly and the service was fast. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for LunchLeopardDined on 8/29/2014The food was wonderful, service great and servers friendlySpecial Features:
- Third Time HereKrisannQDined on 8/28/2014It was our third visit to Venice and it did not disappoint! The food is wonderful and the service is superb! We will always go back to this restaurant when visiting Denver!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Yummy Italian food. Fun location across from revitalized Union Station. Way too noisy for close conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, excellent service4initaliaDined on 8/28/2014We spent a year in Italy and crave "real" Italian; Venice does it well. My husband loved the Cioppino: heaps of shellfish in arrabbiata sauce; perfect for dipping with fresh bread served in generously full baskets. My daughter loved Venice's Tagliatelle Bolognese - and we lived near Bologna. I've been searching for the marinara I made effortlessly from pureed tomatoes, butter and a little onion - Venice's was not that -but was light and tomato-ful and deliciously not like the schlock Italian you find here. The Zuppa Toscana was flat - not flavorful - but the Prosciutto e Melone served with dark greens and Balsalmico was delicious. Here's a funny story about "real" Italian food: http//4initalia.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/reality-bites/Special Features:
- AVPjrogDined on 8/26/20143rd time to Venice and it is always a treat. Great service and Great food. Perfect for entertaining guests.Special Features:
- Patio TreasurevicmacDined on 8/26/2014Great spot on the patio for lunch with the girls! Good food and great service. Loved it and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014We had the 5280 menu. We loved the butternut squash and veal dish. The wine was excellent. The waitress was friendly, very helpful and professional. We all enjoyed the evening and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014Went there for restaurant week. Good variety of menu choices, ample servings. We had the salmon and veal scaloppini. Both were excellent and the presentation was inviting. Wonderful cheesecake, generous serving! Will go there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Truly impressed. We were hesitant based on some of the comments on service here, but were blown away by the staff. Patio view over union station was very nice, the food was consistently excellent (we had daily specials of fish and pasta), and an amazing wine list. Our server, Jacob, was far above and beyond what we expected - one of the best dining experiences we've had in quite a while. We had the unfortunate experience of having the table next to us be occupied by an obnoxious "businessman" who didn't stop loud-talking the entire meal (his poor companion!), which would normally have dampened my opinion of a restaurant, but I would gladly have come back here for the service alone.Special Features:
- SherrilldeanDined on 8/24/2014we enjoyed a raucous evening with lots of great attention and service from a super staff anxious to please. It was an adult family of 11 - including grandma and great aunt. Super food. love this placeSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Its a excellent place and My family and I loved the foodSpecial Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant has reasonable priced Italian food and wines..Ravoli Squash was terrificSpecial Features:
- Great 5280 Dining!Hirecommendation1Dined on 8/23/2014We found Venice Ristorante with Denver's 5280 restaurant venue. We were not disappointed! We will definitely go back. The Caesar salad was presented in an edible cheddar encrusted edible shell, excellent presentation! The calamari appetizer was done light and to perfection with complementary dipping sauces to entice your appetite. The veal scallopini was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The server was very/very well informed about choices of wines, and he was very approachable and friendly. All entrees were presented like art work and very appealing to the overall dining experience. It is also in a great location, directly across the street from the newly renovated Union Station.Special Features:
- Nice alternative to Union StationRayWongDined on 8/22/2014Across street from now popular and crowded Union Station where the restaurants (particularly Terminal Bar) still don't entirely have their act together. Service was outstanding. Food was very good. Waiter made good wine and food recommendations. Vast Italian wine selection.Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 8/20/2014I was disappointed. The food was just so-so. And it was expensive.
- Wonderful end to Disastrous startpapa4cmpkDined on 8/19/2014Watched as three parties were seated before me in spite of having arrived before them. Finally, after 15 minutes, a manager informed me that my other guests had arrived before I did and had been seated waiting for me. Hostess in front was never informed my guests had already arrived. After fuming and then receiving numerous apologies from manager to hostess to bus boy, etc. etc. manager waited on us and he and his wait staff could not have been more professional and accommodating. Spinach and Caesar salads, chicken marsala, pasta vongole (shrimp and clams), Brunello Montepulciano, and capaccinos were all excellent. Manager reduced our bill substantially because of the initial snafus. A wonderful end to a disastrous start!Special Features:
- DinnerjaviVIPDined on 8/16/2014Horrible!!!,,,,,,,,,',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'
- Great service delightful menu !JasonDined on 8/15/2014Just the service alone had me wanting to come back and try the entire menu. Great selection of wine that can have you a bit caught up looking at all the different variety. Staff was very friendly and especially warm not only showed there personality but highly professional. Beautiful atmosphere and for that special date you will find each plate to be just enough that it made you feel satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad Night For ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014The presentation and taste of the salad and entrees were very good. The service on the patio was neither prompt nor consistent for our or the adjoining table. First time here so do not know if it is normally that way.Special Features:
- Feels like you are in Italy!LuvFineDiningDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is amazing. In all ways. Ambiance, service, and food. It is a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- ReataVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent as always. Great food, beautiful presentation and good service. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Consistently GreatRPMGODined on 8/7/2014I enjoy eating at Venice. The food is tasty, beautiful and always satisfies. The service is excellent- attentive, but not hovering. I would recommend this restauant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venice - Simply the Best!FrequentFlyerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Venice consistently provides delicious food and attentive service in a beautiful setting. It's the best place for a business lunch in LoDo! They also have the best happy hour in metro-Denver. Dinners are exquisite! We've taken many guests from out-of-town for happy hours and dinners at Venice. Our guests loved the experience as much as my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodChris80205Dined on 8/5/2014Venice turned out to be a wonderful spot to celebrate Jeffrey's birthday dinner. The menu had excellent selections, the veal was delicious. Nice clientele and wait staff. Great location. Would definitely come back again soon.Special Features: