165 Shore Road
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.venicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4013480055
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Maria 4013480055
A word from Venice Restaurant
Venice Restaurant offers a diversified menu, from regional Italian cuisine to fresh local seafood. In a casual elegant atmosphere you will enjoy wonderful ambiance while our dedicated staff awaits to provide you with a unique dining experience. Patrons will enjoy a warm and inviting dining room as well as two full bars with an amazing wine list and specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Venice Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- BettyGDined on 7/19/2014I've been here many times and the thing that brings me back is the food. The only issue is not enough service help. My waitress was very pleasant but did not have the time to attend to our needsl. We waiting one hour before gettting our main course. This is a big concern when we are considering going againSpecial Features:
- Great staffokokDined on 7/18/2014The staff performed well..however the food was priced to high for its quality and wasn't cooked tk proper temp, as far as the sea food...I enjoyed the food but would not come back..That was a very special dinner for me and my wife and recommended very higjly.Special Features:
- very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I believe that unexpected arrival of two large (10 person) parties put the staff under unusual stress. Food was great. Staff friendly but overworked.Special Features:
- Venice offers good food selectionJayP80Dined on 6/28/2014Venice has a good mix of Italian and seafood. I enjoyed the raw bar and the clams casino. The pizza was average. The place was not crowded at prime time on a Saturday night, but all of the window seats were taken when we arrived. The upstairs offers a good option if you want to be in a sports bar type setting. The downstairs is more a standard restaurant layout, but it is well kept. The servers were friendly. It took a little long to receive some of our food, but it was not beyond a reasonable time frame. We would come back again if we are in the area.Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Venice Restaurant reviews archive.
- great placeAmberDined on 5/27/2014excellent food, year after year, quality of service and dining experience never decreases... highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdinoclubDined on 5/26/2014The food and service were five star all the way. We were not rushed and the waitress suggested a nice red wine that we enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer FirsttjjeVIPDined on 4/25/2014The Venice is always friendly, good and relaxing. They definitely put the customer first.Special Features:
- Food Not Up to PartjjeVIPDined on 3/20/2014We have eaten here several times, but this time was a disappointment to us. The main reason being the food as the usual friendliness and good service was as normal. The wife's fish dish was very good, but my fish and chips were horrible - fries were truly inedible. Thus, the average of "good" for a rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Deceived MeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013Scallops on menu said with couscous, lobster meat, and squash for $26. Well it should have said over couscous. That is what it was with two tiny pieces of lobster meat (you needed a microscope for it) and two tiny pieces of squash. Not what one would expect. Should have had outdoors opened. There was no reason not to have had the outdoor seating. (must not have had the staff). This was a Fri. night. We had a very loud table of three generations next to us and could have been seated further from them. They were getting a lot of attention. We had to BEG for water. Water glasses should get filled without customer looking around all the time for someone to fill them!
- Great Food at Reasonable PricesPBJrDined on 7/18/2013Opt for a table by the window. Try the Scallops, and the Creme Brulee for dessert. Then try the entertainment downstairs, or check out the Sky Bar.Special Features:
- Great place near misquamicutLec987VIPDined on 7/6/2013Great place near misquamicut beach. Started with the mussel appetizer and fried calamari. Mussels were delicious. Very flavorful and a great size portion. Calamari was just ok. Nothing special. For dinner we had scallops wih couscous. It was delectable. The scallops were super fresh and melted in your mouth like butter. The other entree was grilled shrimp over the arugula salad. The shrimp were grilled perfectly. Tender and flavorful. Overall it was a great night. Forth year in a row we've eaten here while on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been there a number ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2013Have been there a number of times. Changed menu and wine list. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- When we got service vickiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2013When we got service vicki was excellent. Lately just seems that they need more servers. To many delays between her genuinely nice personality.
- My date and I were very disappointeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012My date and I were very disappointed with the food. Rather pricey for what you get. I would not recommend this restaurant. There a much better Italian restaurants in RI featuring better cuisine at lower prices.
- An Italian restaurant calledDennisDined on 8/4/2012An Italian restaurant called Venice should do pasta very well one would think. Unfortunately, the pasta dishes my wife and I had tasted like leftover pasta from a box combined with Ragu sauce. That may be popular with all the kids at the restaurant but is hardly the meal worth paying the big dollars they charge. Very good service could not overcome two very bland meals. Big disappointmentSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food. EspeciallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2012Delicious Food. Especially the bananas foster made table side !!!!Special Features:
- We went on a Saturday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We went on a Saturday night. Not quite in Season. The wait staff was excellent and attentive. The food came out hot and was quite good. My wife and I were pleased with the experience.
- Little atmosphere, weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Little atmosphere, wedding hall converted for brunch Paul,jrSpecial Features:
- My husband and & brought friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012My husband and & brought friends with us for dinner. They were impressed. Food was outstanding. It was their first time at the Venice. And, they both intend to come back. We have been there often. Love Anna's meatballs(hot Antipasto)Special Features:
- Fried calamari were tough,goodeatsVIPDined on 3/21/2012Fried calamari were tough, veal parmigiano was soggy, the salad special was over priced. However the scallops with veggie risotto was excellant
- Had pasta bar, available everyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2012Had pasta bar, available every wednesday. Reasonably price. Excellent service.Special Features: