20 Ericsson Street
Boston, MA 02122Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veneziaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174363120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Palumbo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Featuring entertainment in our lounge every Friday and Saturday
A word from Venezia Restaurant
Venezia tucked away from city life, and tucked into the memory of every guest we’ve had the pleasure of welcoming to our waterfront restaurant and ballroom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Venezia Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Neponset Circle ›
Venezia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (31)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Still great after all these yearslikegreatfoodDined on 9/11/2014I had lunch with two friends, one of whom had not know of Venzia or knew that Dorchester has a waterfront gem like this. The service was excellent, and the food was well prepared, beautifully served, and very tasty. Within the past couple of years, Venezia has updated its decor, making it a modern and attractive venue for lunch or dinner; and they continue to have well appointed function rooms. I've gone there occasionally over the past two decades or so, and Venezia remains a hidden gem. It is well worth finding.Special Features:
- DJOWJODined on 9/10/2014We had a lovely evening.Food, service , and atmosphere. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodlove2dineoutDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent. Service also excellent. Food served timely. The wait staff very informative about food. The view from this restaurant was one of the reasons we booked it. Very romantic, although not at this particular time for me. My son and daughter in law thought it was. Even though the day was cloudy, the Boston skyline was fairly prominent. A great dinner and conversation. Will revisit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningFamilyvisitDined on 8/29/2014We had a very special dinner before my brother and his wife headed back to Florida. We knew this location for 25-35 years, even before it was Venezia. The evening was beautiful, the view spectacular and the food was outstanding. We had dined here last year for the same occasion and it was even better this year. The bar looked pretty active as well, of course it was a summer Friday evening. Thanks.Special Features:
- First visit, great viewsJBPWDined on 8/29/2014A little difficult to find but on a clear day excellent view. Went for restaurant week so food was good for a first visit. Will go again.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceMay10Dined on 8/28/2014Dined here with 2 others people during Dine Around week. Their $20 lunch menu was exceptional. One person had the swordfish and it was wonderful. Two others opted for the regular menu and both selections were excellent/ salad with blackened swordfish and a shrimp/pasta dish. Nice attentive service and very relaxing and not rushed at all. Have recommended to others and would return.
- Enticing ~luvgr8serviceandfoodDined on 8/26/2014I reserved a dinner reservation in celebration of a Birthday dinner and Venezia did not fall short of service & food. We were seated promptly and the food was spectacular ! Our ENTIRE party was satisfied with all aspects of our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donziDined on 8/23/2014First visit... good food ,service and view. Very noisey on a Sat nite. Might return on a week-nite or for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeneziaLpastDined on 8/22/2014Great lunch! View is wonderful and food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner on the Water!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014This is a beautiful resataurant on the water, albeit a little difficult to get to, well worth the trip from Boston. The service is 5-star and the food is fresh and elegant!Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceKarineDined on 8/19/2014This a wonderful place where you eat a great food while your eyes are enjoying the ocean...This was our second time and will visit againSpecial Features:
- Another great meal at Venezia!luvlocaldiningDined on 8/15/2014I've been going to Venezia for special occasions over the last 15 years and it's always amazing regardless of the time of day or year. Great regular menu and great specials. My only complaint is it was very noisy this time with the live band that I don't recall being there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- temiVIPDined on 8/15/2014Sensational evening. Fun at the bar. Delicious dinner. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night birthday partyMattDined on 8/10/2014We had a great evening for twelve celebrating two birthdays. The service was outstanding. Everyone raved about the food. My favorite is the halibut with tomato purée and asparagus. They offered it as a special for a while and I'm happy to see it on the menu.
- DinnerTinaDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the food but the noise level was entirely too high. Had to talk extremely loud in order to hear my dinner companions.Special Features:
- WonderfulLinniebraunsteinDined on 8/8/2014I had been to Venezia for business luncheons and thought it may be a great for our anniversary! I was right as we had a superb dinner and the setting was spectacular! Even a special dessert for our celebration!Special Features:
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My friend and I were not rushed. Very relaxing and the view was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant food , filthy dining roompattyDined on 8/3/2014I have eaten here many times and have always loved the food. It'sdelicious and the view is amazing. Today is the first time I have been disappointed. The food was still great but the dining room was filthy. The place opens at 400 on Sunday and we got there at 430. The dining area was very dirty. There was random paper, French fries and toothpicks on the floor. The table next to us had a crushed takeout coffee cup under a chair and several tables had silverware on the floor. How can a place be so dirty a half hour after opening,clearly there was an earlier private function or the trash was from last night. I asked to speak to a manger(who never came) and was quizzed about why ,as a p customer I don't need to tell staff my reasoning.
- mikeDined on 8/2/2014The view is great, food is good, not great, service was tense, happy birthdays abounded and that was nice, but the acoustics are awful. I have treated my family several times at your restaurant but I never can never hear what family members are saying. And we were thrust in the middle so we heard everybody else but not ourselves. I don't think the problem can be fixed but an intimate dinner is not possible there.Special Features:
- one of our new favs2lblobsterandwineDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have only 3 regular favorites we like to go to for our special nights out. I like to use openTable for our reservations so when when the screen loaded with all the local restaurants I saw this one and and clicked on it because it said outside dining and I was just curious. I read the reviews and decided to go completely against our norm. I'm glad we did. I reserved outside dining but it was overcast when we arrived. The hostess asked us if we still wanted outside, my husband did. We were the only ones outside but they still allowed us to sit there. The service was impressive and by far better than any other place we had been. The food was delicious and memorable, 2 lb lobster and lobster scampi...delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at VeneziaweloveitaliaDined on 7/29/2014I booked a reservation for 8 people the night before our dinne with a requested view of the water. Venezia met all of our needs as we had a corner table overlooking the water and the city. Staff was pleasant and the ambiance was perfect for a nice chat with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer delight...KelsDined on 7/29/2014The weather was beautiful and the view of Boston great! We had a table by the window while enjoying scrumptious food. Venezia is a favorite of mine as well as my guest. Your notice of double points for 29th came to me after I had booked and dined. Since I dined on the 29th, do I get the double points???? That would be really nice.Special Features:
- Monday night. 7.28.14-poor serviceArtVeeDined on 7/28/2014Not enough waitstaff...only 2 and we waited 15 minutes BEFORE asking a non-waitstaff person to get ssomeone to take our order for a bottle of wine. Then we waited ANOTHER 10 minutes before anyone stopped at the table. Then we got our bread. Finally got the wine.....no apologies for the lack of service. Would have walked out had it not been a special date at Venezia. Rest of evening was good. Management needs to figure out how to provide superior customer service....because their entree prices are on the expensive side. You can accept higher prices if you get great service!! Have eaten here for years....and, if we were first tine diners we would never return...this is a wake up call for ManagementSpecial Features:
- VeneziaLpastDined on 7/25/2014There were 3 of us and it was a mini reunion of friends who worked together years ago. All of us loved the food, the view and atmosphere. Parking was easy. Great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor seating on waterGNOFanDined on 7/23/2014We picked Venezia because it had the option of outdoor dining on the water. We were taking our 85 year old father out for his birthday. We thought we'd try some place new; turns out he goes there every so often and especially likes the bar. Our food was good, not great. It was a lovely summer evening to eat outdoors. Venezia is off the beaten path, but between google maps and all the restaurant's directional signs, it was very easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and food to matchBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 7/8/2014Group of us met for dinner and had a great time. We enjoyed the great food, wonderful view and a great waiter. Highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterMattDined on 7/6/2014This is one of our favorite places to dine on the water. Great food, service, and ambience. Their halibut specials are excellent and so is the cioppino. Great lunch specials too.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewTimNDined on 6/27/2014Venezia has a beautiful view, but that is about it. The food was good but great. Worst of all, our server did not pay attention to us except when it was time to pay. Perhaps we'll give it another shot, but I'd request a different server.Special Features:
- MikeDDined on 6/26/2014Quiet dining room. Great view of Boston Harbor…Calamari with hot peppers was lightly breaded and very flavorful although somewhat smaller portion than past experience. Never got a Caesar salad that was ordered with dinner and other than an embarrassed “sorry” no mention or substitute was offered. Swordfish special was excellent, short ribs, scallop dinner very good and chicken cutlets were a huge portion. Tiramisu and sorbet were also very good. Made 5PM reservations as we were heading into Boston for a 7:30 show which avoided traffic and from restaurant we were 20 minutes from our show seats in Boston. Make reservations as there was a wait on our way out. We ordered house wine and purchased several bottles next door at the Boston Winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of BostonElpesoteVIPDined on 6/19/2014Restaurant was completely renovated back in January of this year. Best view of Boston skyline. Lobster Venizia was delicious! Chunks of 2lbs of lobster grilled and shelled then mixed with pesto angel hair pasta. Wife had nightly special pasta dish of lobster, peas, tomatoes in a white wine sauce. Shrimp cocktail was served old school in a parfait glass with 4 poached large fresh shrimp. Wife had a tuna avocado salad with a soy and mustard mix. Service was excellent. Reservations are a must any day of the week and when made make sure a table with a view of the Boston skyline is requested. At night the view is fantastic. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemtjd56Dined on 6/19/2014excellent service great food & above average staff all lead to a great night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food! Love the remodelcalidinerDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day. It was busy so I'll try to give our server a pass - he was fairly abrupt and a bit rude. The food was amazing. We were a party of five and everybody was incredibly happy with their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014I was disappointed we didn't seat next to the window as requested. I noticed there was a window table that was available for about 30 minutes after we sat down. The food was just ok, swordfish not very fresh, tasted a little "fishy". The server was very nice and attentive. I probably won't be back for quite awhile, just not that impressed with this place anymore.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary dinner here. Had them make me shrimp scampi which was not on menu. No problem and it was delicious. Thank you. Also we had our daughters rehearsal dinner here and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealsEastCoastGirlVIPDined on 6/8/2014The chicken aioli was delicious as was the chicken parm. There was a group right near us (in a private room), but we could hear them and it took away the ambience.Special Features:
- Second Time was the Charm!JoliDined on 6/6/2014We came here for Valentine's Day and were disappointed at the pre fixe menu (not because the food was bad, but because we had been looking forward to the Italian food and there was nothing we really liked). However, this time we came and it was great. We requested a seat next to the windows and were seated at such as soon as we walked in. We were just in time to enjoy the sun setting behind the boats for the duration of our meal. I got the chicken parm and my boyfriend got the chicken marsala; we cleaned the plates. The service was excellent, everything was brought to us before we even asked. We got the tiramisu for dessert, but the espresso flavor was a little strong for our liking. Other than that, everything was great. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing lunchcatlover101Dined on 6/6/2014Beautiful dining in an urban area. The view of Boston is wonderful from either inside or outside the restaurant. We were greeted and seated at a table overlooking the water and was given ample time to make our choices. The waiter was prompt, courteous and didn't rush us at any time during or after our meal. The food was delicious, prices reasonable and the desserts were wonderful. We will return often now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, good foodAng128Dined on 6/1/2014We had a nice time celebrating our friend's anniversary. Everything was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Simple Perfection!KathDined on 5/30/2014Everything about the Venezia is perfection! As a family we love to eat out and make the everyday special. We went for a graduation celebration to the Venezia and couldn't have made a better choice. From the moment we walked in the door we new we were someplace special..... seated at a wonderful round table with a perfect view, wait staff was always just a look away and when asked made just the right suggestion(s) for our group. I cannot say enough about the Venezia, wait staff, food, view and wine list....all an A++. For those of you interested, the bar area looks incredably inviting - cozy seating and a great bar! We always like to try someplace new, but this is definitely a restaraunt that we will be returning to time after time!Special Features:
- Time stands stillOutoftownerDined on 5/28/2014Took a very special person out to dinner here upon a recommendation. Was told the food was good and the view was great. The waiter did his job while being as unobtrusive as can be. Hours flew by while I enjoyed my meal, lots of wine and the beautiful woman across from me. Good service, great ambience, good food with large portions. All in all one of the most romantic and amazing dinners I've ever had. If I had more moments like this night, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.