1212 H St. NE
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
H Street Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vendettadc.com/
- Phone: 2023993201x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Lawrence Semanyk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vendetta hosts all sorts of events. From corporate outings to birthday parties and bar mitzvahs, both levels are available for rental.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2023993201x
- Entertainment: Two 30-foot bocce ball courts are available for play on a first come, first serve basis during operating hours. The courts were constructed classically using stone, pulverized granite, and crushed oyster shell. There is no charge to play bocce however, groups wishing to reserve that court for private use are requested to email email@example.com.
A word from Vendetta
Vendetta is a boutique bocce bar and tavern nestled in the heart of the H Street Corridor. The menu features classic bar snacks, a selection of pastas, sauces, sandwiches, grilled meats and vegetables, and desserts. Gluten-free and vegan options are available upon request a traditional. Both levels feature 30-foot bocce ball courts that are available for play on a first come first serve basis or reserved in advance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vendetta reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- I Love This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Vendetta is a great restaurant with a wonderful ambience and great service. Everyone is always so friendly and prompt with delivery of our food and drink orders. The bartender is amazing, I've never complained or had to send a drink back. My friends and I like to eat and drink at Vendetta before checking out the dance scene on H Street. If you haven't been you should check it out. If for no other reason than to enjoy 50 cent fried oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dry foodcapitolhill71Dined on 8/7/2014Both meals (chicken and calamari) were very dry and there were small bugs flying around our table since we were seared by the open front door. Don't plan to go back unless it is just for a beer.
- I wish I could sayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014I wish I could say what my experience at Vendetta was, but other than standing at the host stand for 15 minutes waiting to be acknowledged I didn't have an experience. It was a serious disappointment since I was looking forward to eating here and trying a new place. It was frustrating. I even asked the bartender at one point if I should just take a table and she suggested waiting for the host. Long story short, I left annoyed. The above ratings can't really be taken into consideration since I didn't eat there.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Vendetta reviews archive.
- Great for a date nightRyGuy11Dined on 5/31/2014Good atmosphere for a date night, easy for conversation and the indoor bocce court provides a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat Unsatisfactory.artjamacVIPDined on 4/16/2014My partner ordered chicken Marsala, but it did not taste like chicken Marsala. More like carbonara. She said there is not any wine in the sauce and the chicken is a little over dry. She's a chef herself. She knows what's good marsala is. I had Grilled eggplant involtitni. Under menu, it said "zucchini, tomatoes, porcini mushroom filling, served with chopped arugula salad." I was not expecting too SPICY tomatoes sauce in it and salad was way over dressed. Slippery greens. I sent complaints to the waitress and all i get was tons of apologies. Paid over $50 for dinner. Only good things are nice place to play bocce game & Happy hour drinks. Not planning to come to vendetta for mealtimes ever again.
- fair food...fun settingmda559VIPDined on 4/5/2014Come for the bocci and beer.....leave for the food.Special Features:
- food ok but blahwalkingwoundedDined on 3/23/2014Service was great but the crab brunch item was a bit blah. The potatoes and sandwich was put in a wire basket vs a plate. cute but really tough to eat. the sandwich itself was pretty but the flavor blend was off. maybe a little old bay would pick It up. nice experiment but not sure I would go backSpecial Features:
- Menu has changed to fit theSpecialKDined on 2/1/2014Menu has changed to fit the vibrant bocci ball/ bar scene. Homemade sausage sliders, burgers, crab cakes, prosecco on tap and a great beer selection. Great desserts--try the cannoli dip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2014In case you didn't know - Vendetta just changed their menu to be a bit less Italian restaurant and a bit more pub. The food was interesting and mostly tasty, but it seemed like they were still learning how to cook some of it. My hamburger was over cooked and the bacon was burnt to a crisp (which did make it easy to break off and not eat, but still), for instance. That said, the service was very friendly and helpful - and he gave us a taste of their nice limoncello. We would come back, but hope they improve the execution of their otherwise interesting menu.Special Features:
- Much ImprovedHStreetYuppieVIPDined on 1/25/2014We went when this place first opened, and it leaved a lot to be desired. This is our first trip back, and we were thoroughly impressed. They revamped the whole menu, and it fits the neighborhood/clientele much better. Gotta love the vibe with the indoor bocce and decor, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More bar than resturantjfleeshDined on 1/22/2014I liked Vendetta, but their menu is limited. They had a great selection of beer, wine, and cocktails, but only three entrees. The bocce was fun, but leagues started shortly after we arrived. Not a big deal though as our food game at the same time so it worked out! It seems like leagues are on Wednesdays, so keep that in mind for when you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so much promise.hstreetrezidentDined on 1/19/2014Great location awesome interior space marred by Middle of the road food and sub par distracted service by the bar tender. Bread usually comes out first, Italian food is really easy to do mediocre ( and it was ) and i shouldn't have to haul down the server on a weekend. The errant order was comped which was nice but it was a little too much given the totality of the night. A place With the presence of vendetta really has to bring it or h streets customers will chew it up and spit it outSpecial Features:
- Fun place with relaxed vibeStevenDined on 1/11/2014We had a great time at Vendetta. We were four adults and one baby, and they accommodated us very well. The food was generally very good, with highlights being the Beet Salad, Octopus and the Ravioli. The calamari was a bit bland to be honest. The house red Chianti was also very good, and we all enjoyed the ambiance, friendly staff and our food. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2014Took my wife for drinks and dinner. Vendetta did not let us down. Friendly wait staff. Tasty food. Cool atmosphere. Bocce ball is a plus!Special Features:
- Our second time was even betterbcIsaidsoVIPDined on 12/6/2013We had such a great time at Vendetta. We had been before for drinks with friends, but we only ordered small plates of food to share. On this last visit, we ordered delicious entrees and enjoyed other playing bocce. They have good happy hour deals that they allow you to request at the table instead of just the bar like most places. Our service was great, we had a perfect table and I thoroughly enjoyed the prosseco on tap for $4! Yay for H street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. ServicerayrayDined on 11/19/2013The food was great. Service was mediocre - but it was also a Tuesday and we were not all that demanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vendetta is a lot of fun toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2013Vendetta is a lot of fun to go to. They have a bunch of great daily deals too. I would also recommend the restaurant to vegetarians out there, even though my meat-eating friends loved it too! We didn't play bocce but it's so cool that it's an option! Also, I love that the prosecco is on tap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried this restaurant onceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013We tried this restaurant once and were taken in by their delicious in house ravoli and attentive service. Within in the week we were back with friends. Everyone's meal was suberb, from the meat dish to the coconut sorbet. Again the service was as excellent as the meal. We are happy to have found such a good restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocce yesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2013I enjoyed playing Bocce but didn't find the food particularly strong. Service was good and wine/drinks for happy hour were good.
- Not PleasedJayuvaVIPDined on 10/25/2013I was excited to try this place out when I walked by. But the food was not impressive. Service was slow. But the atmosphere was nice.
- Great Place!!CSalinasDined on 10/24/2013The service was amazing, the Prosecco on draft was great, and a great happy hour special! The meatball pasta dish was excellent, but the ladyfinger, creme dessert was a little bland. However, everything else was outstanding.Special Features:
- Don't miss the Gnocchi!DCgalVIPDined on 10/10/2013Wemwent back twice in one evening - once for dinner and then for drinks after a play. They have Peroni on draft which gives them five stars in my book, and super friendly service. Had the gnocchi and red beet salad which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BocceMuddyDined on 9/28/2013Great night out with friends. Great food and bocce as well. Will have to go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is awfulnickyDined on 9/25/2013I went with three friends. I had to return my ravioli dish - it was two giant raviolis which were so thick, they couldn't possibly ever be cooked right. I took one bite and discovered they were as heavy as lead, and tasted like cardboard. The other pasta dish at our table was so spicy, it was inedible. My other two friends shared a chicken dish that was really mediocre. We also got the fried mozzarella and fried zucchinni. The mozzarella was tasteless. I tried salting it, but the salt was stuck at the bottom of the saltshaker. Weird, and gross. They zucchinni tasted overwhelmingly of fried fish. The only thing that prevented us from sending everything back was that our waitress was really nice.
- I have had better meals atOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2013I have had better meals at the Olive Garden and Carabba's. The table was so dark even with the candle it was difficult to see the food being served. I ordered Chicken Parmagiano and the chicken was slighly over cooked and the portion was small for the price, Not sure if this will survive as a restaurant with all the other choices.
- Louder than BombsSinbadDined on 9/7/2013Good food and service, but do not expect to be able to have a conversation in anything approaching a normal voice.
- Great cocktails - food was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2013The atmosphere is casual and fun. There were some creative, well mixed cocktails on their menu. The service was average. The food was a disappointing. Fried tomato caprese salad - the fried part was too much and ruined a classic dish. Other salads were fine. Not special. A bow-tie pasta and chicken dish was highly recommended by the waitress - it was horribly over-spiced. Think spicy Tex-Mex - not Italian. The pork chop was well seasoned and tasty - but over cooked a tad. The garnish of some house made pickled peppers were nice- but also very spicy. I would definitely go back for drinks and bocce ball. I'd give them a second chance for the food but would not be my first choice.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013Happy hour til 8pm inspired us to enjoy two glasses of proseco--my second glass had a slight chemical overtone--don't know if it was the wine or the glass. Caprese salad would have been better with a home grown tomato but was good. Tagliatelle was delcious and portion generous. We could hear each other talk, which is a big plus in my book! Our server was great--prompt and helpful without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had SUCH a great surpriseHollyDined on 9/4/2013We had SUCH a great surprise birthday for my boyfriend at Vendetta! They were SO accommodating to all our needs (and then some) and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTomDined on 8/27/2013Food was uninteresting and lacked true italian flavor.
- Neighborhood find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/20/2013Vendetta is a great addition to the H Street NE dining scene. The service is outstanding, as is the food, and the prices are surprisingly reasonable. The antipasto platter is a spicy delight, and the bread comes in a little brown paper bag, along with olive oil and a lovely garlic and herb butter. The zucchini fries are thick chunks lightly breaded and fried. The standouts are the pasta -- creamy carbonara and a hearty bucatini ragu covered with sliced brisket, short ribs and sweet Italian sausage, Both absolutely delicious. Happy hour includes $4 prosecco on tap and $5 wines, and the prices apply at the table. And there are bocce courts on both floors! Take a foodie friend and enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- Great cocktails and fun ambience.eindcVIPDined on 8/10/2013Great cocktails and fun ambience. Good for a group outing.Special Features:
- Pasta WednesdayBandKDined on 8/7/2013On Wednesdays their pasta dishes are $10. Fun atmosphere, bocce ball, great staff. The bread with spread and dip is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2013This was my first time here and I was completely impressed. The food initially seemed to be your typical food but it wasn't. The chef did slight variations that you think wouldn't work but it did. The food was phenomenal. Not only was the food good but their signature cocktails were perfect, especially if you have adventurous taste buds. The decor of the place was great too. They payed attention to detail. On top of that they had indoor bocce courts for fun before or after dinner. Even you weren't hungry,I could definitely see making this a great bar to hang out and have some drinks upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd try was much betterPMeaterVIPDined on 8/1/2013We had a late reservation. The kitchen was closing up. We ordered an appetizer that we never received because the waitress forget to order it and by the time we reminded her the kitchen would not prepare it. No big deal. Mistakes happen. The main course was an unforgivable disaster. I ordered the gnocchi. It came to the table covered with vegetable (which were OK), but the gnocchi was a mess. It was a pile a mush at the bottom. No individual pieces of pasta. We eat out a couple of times a week. I would guess that this was the first time I sent something back in four or five years if not longer. The second time was much better. Although I live 5 blocks away, I will probably never be back.
- Maybe 3rd times the charm?Di379Dined on 7/27/2013I went to Vendetta shortly after it opened and loved most of my food and the atmospere is fun. Indoor Bocce is the way to go. However there were shortcomings the first time with sauce to pasta ratio and overcooked octopus. I went back with a friend and have learned they already have a new chef. The menu was slightly different but problems remained. All my dishes were either under or over seasoned. An appetizer that involved tomatoes was "out of stock", not sure how that happens at the beginning of dinner service on a Sat night. The Carbonara sauce was lumpy but the Walnut/Kale pesto remains fabulous over house made gnocchi. I am willing to return one more time to see if simple changes help the cooking.
- Had some friends from outSpecialKDined on 7/24/2013Had some friends from out of town and went to Vendetta with a group of 7--we had a blast! Fun, relaxed atmosphere, perfect for a goup outing. The service was super friendly and efficient, the food was very good (especially the appetizers and small plates), happy hour Prosecco on tap is a great idea, and then we had a great time playing bocce ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.KelsicleDined on 7/18/2013I must be spoiled by the foodie scene in DC because the food was actually good. It just wasn't what I expected especially for what we paid for the meal. The best part of the meal to be honest were the house-marinated olives. My date and I ordered two of the dishes our waitress recommended to us. We liked them well enough but, again, expected something more for the price. The ambience was the best part (I'd like to go back and play bocce and I bet it is a fun bar scene at night) and the wait staff was also extremely sweet, but the inability to be wowed by the food was a little distracting from all of the good parts. Try it for yourself, though!Special Features:
- Food and service both poorAnonymousVIPDined on 6/28/2013Looks like a great place. Unfortunately, we found the hostess rude and food was not very good.Special Features:
- The drinks and appetizersKSholasDined on 6/28/2013The drinks and appetizers were the highlight of the evening, as the main courses were decidedly mediocre in taste.Special Features: